OT: Subfloor adhesive

Michael

Aug 6, 2022, 3:49:26 PM8/6/22
I'm screwing OSB subfloor to joists. What kind of adhesive do you recommend? Is generic construction adhesive advisable, or should I use something else?

Thanks!

Leon

Aug 7, 2022, 6:41:09 PM8/7/22
On 8/6/2022 2:49 PM, Michael wrote:
> I'm screwing OSB subfloor to joists. What kind of adhesive do you recommend? Is generic construction adhesive advisable, or should I use something else?
>
> Thanks!

Visit a manufacturers web site and research there.

Scott Lurndal

Aug 8, 2022, 9:59:50 AM8/8/22
Personally, I'd question the need for adhesive when fastening
the subfloor with screws. Nails, I can see. Screws, not so much.

In the unlikely event that one needs to take up or replace
the subfloor, the adhesive will complicate matters.

Leon

Aug 8, 2022, 10:32:39 AM8/8/22
Unfortunately even with screws sub floors will squeak.

Michael

Aug 8, 2022, 2:18:58 PM8/8/22
Thanks. I am laying down tile and so I can't have much movement at all. You are right about complicating matters. I had to replace the old subfloor (too thin) and had to remove the adhesive. Major pain.