LeeValley Veritas Speed clamps

knuttle

Aug 24, 2021, 8:01:56 AM8/24/21

I have several sets of the LeeValley Veritas Speed clamps, plus
additional rods. they are a pain to store, but the best clamps for my use.

In line with the previous thread about storage, has any one came up with
a unique way of storing them.

I have been using them of several decades and fighting to keep them neat
when stored. I have tried many solutions, but each has strong negatives.

https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/tools/hand-tools/clamps/31162-veritas-4-way-speed-clamp

J. Clarke

Aug 24, 2021, 8:07:16 AM8/24/21
Do you have a basement? If so nail a couple of boards to the
underside of the joists or to the ceiling if finished, and clamp the
clamp to them (note to those who wonder why the boards--look at the
clamp, it would need four corners).

If you have multiples then make something layered like an upside-down
pyramid--just don't grow it down far enough for the rods to become a
hazard.

Alternatively, make a box for them.

hub...@ccanoemail.ca

Aug 24, 2021, 8:40:10 AM8/24/21
On Tue, 24 Aug 2021 08:01:49 -0400, knuttle
<keith_...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

I've seen cheapo fishing rod tubes at the "surplus store" -

similar to this item :

https://www.kwsurplus.ca/shop/index.php?rt=product/product&keyword=tube&category_id=0&product_id=126

John T.

knuttle

Aug 24, 2021, 9:09:44 AM8/24/21
For those unfamiliar with this type of clamp. They consist of 4 corner
blocks with a hole on one leg and a threaded hole on the other. There
are 4 rod that connect the corner blocks. Assember there is a thumb
screw the tightens the clams around the piece. In addition there are 4
rod bolts, and 4 additional rods to expand the clamp to 6'. To
supplement this I have cut a couple of rods in 9" section to give me
more versatility in sizing the clamp.

Each "simple" clamp consist of near 30 pieces. I have atleast 4 sets
of clamps. Storage consist of long rods short rods and small pieces.
Some parts can be stored assembled but still there are parts

hub...@ccanoemail.ca

Aug 24, 2021, 9:30:30 AM8/24/21
Modify an old electric guitar case with hard-foam cut-outs ? :

https://tinyurl.com/cycfha8p

John T.

Leon

Aug 24, 2021, 9:52:56 AM8/24/21
Assuming you are NOT disassembling after each use, what about a 1x4
mounted to the wall and then a couple of lag screws coming out from the
1x4 to hang the sets of clamps on. Stack several on each set of screws.

DerbyDad03

Aug 24, 2021, 10:49:58 AM8/24/21
...with a box hanging off the bottom (or top) for the small parts. Keep the box below
eye level for ease of use.