what is the value of a sears craftsman10 inch radial arm saw model no. 113.29411

Sandra

Sep 26, 2013, 10:44:02 AM9/26/13
I am selling a sears craftsman accra-arm 10 inch radial saw, model number
113.29411. that is attached to the table and cabinet... What is the value
of this and how much should I sell it for. It is in good working
condition.. A prompt reply would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you..

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/woodworking/what-is-the-value-of-a-sears-craftsman10-inch-radial-arm-saw-764332-.htm

Leon

Sep 26, 2013, 10:52:26 AM9/26/13
On 9/26/2013 9:44 AM, Sandra wrote:
> I am selling a sears craftsman accra-arm 10 inch radial saw, model number
> 113.29411. that is attached to the table and cabinet... What is the value
> of this and how much should I sell it for. It is in good working
> condition.. A prompt reply would be greatly appreciated. Thank you..

$75? But you might get a better estimate if you indicate the year it
was built and usage it has seen.

ath...@wind.net

Sep 26, 2013, 11:37:15 AM9/26/13
On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 14:44:02 +0000, Sandra
<caedfaa9ed1216d60e...@example.com> wrote:

>I am selling a sears craftsman accra-arm 10 inch radial saw, model number
>113.29411. that is attached to the table and cabinet... What is the value
>of this and how much should I sell it for. It is in good working
>condition.. A prompt reply would be greatly appreciated.
>Thank you..

There was a recall on Sears radial saws. Check the site below and if
your saw is included you get $100 for returning the motor & carriage.
Shipping is free.

http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com/

Sandy

Sep 26, 2013, 2:44:01 PM9/26/13
replying to Leon , Sandy wrote:
> lcb11211 wrote:
>
> $75? But you might get a better estimate if you indicate the year it
> was built and usage it has seen.

thank you for the quick reply.. I have the handbook and it says copyright
1969. It was used by my dad in his home workshop... Thanks again,

dpb

Sep 26, 2013, 3:34:28 PM9/26/13
On 9/26/2013 1:44 PM, Sandy wrote:
> replying to Leon , Sandy wrote:
>> lcb11211 wrote:
>>
>> $75? But you might get a better estimate if you indicate the year it
>> was built and usage it has seen.
>

> thank you for the quick reply.. I have the handbook and it says copyright
> 1969. It was used by my dad in his home workshop... Thanks again,

<http://vintagemachinery.org/photoindex/detail.aspx?id=42>

That it or nearly so?

Those are pretty good saws; unfortunately the RAS has fallen into high
disfavor w/ the general public owing to (imo mostly unfounded/highly
exaggerated) tales of their danger quotient so getting a real value is
likely going to be difficult unless you can find the rara avis that
knows what it is that is looking at and wants it for that reason instead
of just a bargain hunter.

I'd _value_ it at $150-200 depending on just how clean it is and all,
but as Leon says and I repeat above it's highly unlikely you'll break
$100 unfortunately.

What accessories/blades did he have to round it out?

Sandra

Sep 26, 2013, 4:44:02 PM9/26/13
replying to athiker , Sandra wrote:
> athiker wrote:
>
> There was a recall on Sears radial saws. Check the site below and if
> your saw is included you get $100 for returning the motor & carriage.
> Shipping is free.
> http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com/

thank you for the information..

mungedaddress

Sep 26, 2013, 5:12:05 PM9/26/13
I got mine for free the owner wanted it out of his shop. It conflicted
with his much better and older equipment.

Mike in Ohio

Sonny

Sep 26, 2013, 6:20:12 PM9/26/13
On Thursday, September 26, 2013 2:34:28 PM UTC-5, dpb wrote:
> On 9/26/2013 1:44 PM, Sandy wrote: > replying to Leon , Sandy wrote: >> lcb11211 wrote: >> >> $75? But you might get a better estimate if you indicate the year it >> was built and usage it has seen. > > > thank you for the quick reply.. I have the handbook and it says copyright > 1969. It was used by my dad in his home workshop... Thanks again, <http://vintagemachinery.org/photoindex/detail.aspx?id=42> That it or nearly so? Those are pretty good saws; unfortunately the RAS has fallen into high disfavor w/ the general public owing to (imo mostly unfounded/highly exaggerated) tales of their danger quotient so getting a real value is likely going to be difficult unless you can find the rara avis that knows what it is that is looking at and wants it for that reason instead of just a bargain hunter. I'd _value_ it at $150-200 depending on just how clean it is and all, but as Leon says and I repeat above it's highly unlikely you'll break $100 unfortunately. What accessories/blades did he have to round it out? --

My brother's Craftsman saw was bought in 1975. I used it often. It is a good saw. He received the (recalled) replacement blade guard and it still works fine. I think he was sent new wood for the whole table top, also. I'd value his at $150-$200, but it's whether someone would pay that much for it.

If yours doesn't have the replaced blade guard, yet, get it. If you don't know if it has been replaced, the recall folks should have a record, to know or not.

Post it for $200 (with the relaced guard), with lots of pics (Craigslist?). If, in 2-3 weeks, no one buys, then reduce the price.

Sonny

Unquestionably Confused

Sep 26, 2013, 10:48:36 PM9/26/13
Yep, his saw model is on the list (as is my old RAS); less hassle than
selling the thing, just take the money & run!

woodchucker

Sep 27, 2013, 9:39:16 PM9/27/13
That's funny, a few years ago, I tried to point someone to this, and the
site had retracted the 100 and just offered the kit.

Not sure what happened... change of heart?

--
Jeff

k...@attt.bizz

Sep 27, 2013, 11:23:35 PM9/27/13
On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 21:39:16 -0400, woodchucker <nos...@nospam.com>
wrote:
But the kit will make it nice and pretty for sale. ;-)

Unquestionably Confused

Sep 28, 2013, 10:50:32 AM9/28/13
On 9/27/2013 8:39 PM, woodchucker wrote:
> On 9/26/2013 10:48 PM, Unquestionably Confused wrote:

[snip]

>>> http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com/
>>
>> Yep, his saw model is on the list (as is my old RAS); less hassle than
>> selling the thing, just take the money & run!
>>

> That's funny, a few years ago, I tried to point someone to this, and the
> site had retracted the 100 and just offered the kit.
>
> Not sure what happened... change of heart?

AFAIK, the $100 "bounty" has never been taken down. Perhaps the model
number you ran was different.

This site covers a number of the saws and many were able to be
retrofitted with a kit. For those, postage was paid IIRC for the old
parts taken off. Sadly, mine was only wanted "dead." Good saw and
provided (actually still use it now and again) service.

It was from that age of Craftsman power tools - ca late 69's early 70's
- when they still had "it." If you took time to set it up properly it
would stay in alignment and do a right fine job.

Martin Eastburn

Sep 28, 2013, 10:59:45 PM9/28/13
My kit is coming. I've been using my saw for all these years
and have made a number of complex items on it. I plan on some
in the months to come as well.

Martin

SteveB

Oct 8, 2013, 7:01:35 PM10/8/13
On 9/26/2013 11:44 AM, Sandy wrote:
> replying to Leon , Sandy wrote:
>> lcb11211 wrote:
>>
>> $75? But you might get a better estimate if you indicate the year it
>> was built and usage it has seen.
>

> thank you for the quick reply.. I have the handbook and it says copyright
> 1969. It was used by my dad in his home workshop... Thanks again,

I bought one at a yard sale for $15. Then someone said something about
a recall. I checked the number, and sure enough, it was one of the ones
being recalled. They sent me a FedEx box for free prepaid shipping. I
just took off the motor and sent it to them, and in a couple of weeks, I
got a check for $100.

Steve

tfla...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2015, 2:14:02 PM9/21/15
I bought a Sears RAS in 1969 or so I build cabinets, a rear deck, stairs and more with it. I never had an instant of trouble with it Sadly, I sold it when we moved 15 years ago. I'm now trying to sell a small table saw and a laser compound miter saw and looking for another radial. There are a few listed on Craigslist for from $50 to $150 but I can't get a response from any of the sellers. Crazy

Mike M

Sep 21, 2015, 5:34:45 PM9/21/15
Note the Post date

Jack

Sep 21, 2015, 5:38:24 PM9/21/15
In the early '80's My wife's cousin had a Sears RAS that he was unable
to get cutting straight. He asked me to try and set it up for him as I
had a cabinet shop. Wow, was that ever a piece of crap. Several years
later he tried to give me the saw, for free.... I declined. I don't
know if early or later Sears saws were better, but I know they couldn't
have been worse. Whatever asking price you decide, I sure don't want it.
--
Jack
http://jbstein.com

gregorioce...@gmail.com

Oct 1, 2015, 10:09:00 PM10/1/15
IM LOOKING FOR ONE OF THIS SAWS, PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ONE FOR SALE.

gregorioce...@gmail.com

Oct 1, 2015, 10:10:07 PM10/1/15
El jueves, 26 de septiembre de 2013, 9:44:02 (UTC-5), Sandra escribió:
I NEED ONE PLEASE CONTACT ME AT GREGLOGI...@GMAIL.COM

krw

Oct 2, 2015, 5:37:30 PM10/2/15
And you're willing to send a cashiers check (for more than the sale
price), right?

RonB

Oct 23, 2015, 5:21:09 PM10/23/15
Another "it depends", but if it is in good condition don't price too low. I let one get away from me about 2-3 years ago that was priced at $375. But it was in excellent (like new) condition and it was bundled with quite a few accessories including the Craftsman shaper head and blades, a dado head, several decent regular and carbide blades. It had the metal base and the top (cutting surface) was in pretty good condition. I "thought about it" 2-3 hours too long. The guy that bought it talked the seller down to $325.

A lot of folks still like these older Craftsman machines and accessories that were manufactured before Sears quality went to pieces.

Unquestionably Confused

Oct 23, 2015, 7:18:28 PM10/23/15
If you want a radial arm saw, those older Craftsman saws are the ones to
aim for. I have one that was in that recall for the blade guard. I got
it around 1973 and it was probably 1969-70 vintage. When set up
carefully and using a good blade (Freud rip) I could rip 2x so smoothly
you could knock down the sharp edges and finish it. The cut was like it
had been planed and, unless you screwed up and jammed something on a
rip, it would stay that way. Plenty of cast iron where needed. The
bastards would not make a retrofit kit for and instead offered owners
$100 and shipping to send the power head back to take it out of service.

The new models I see all the time on Craigslist. If they are selling
for more than $80, chances are they are still available. Nobody seems
interested in them (likely for good reason as the newer ones were
cheaply made)

I believe they were made right around the time that the Craftsman label
was OFFICIALLY changed to Crapsman!<g>

John McCoy

Oct 24, 2015, 9:56:10 AM10/24/15
Unquestionably Confused <puzz...@ameritech.net> wrote in news:562ac040$0
$31319$c3e8da3$dd96...@news.astraweb.com:

> If you want a radial arm saw, those older Craftsman saws are the ones to
> aim for. I have one that was in that recall for the blade guard. I got

OK, just for curiousity, why would you want one? What would
be the advantage of a radial arm saw over a compound miter
saw, assuming you had a table saw for ripping?

20-odd years ago the consensus of rec.ww was that radial arm
saws were potentially more dangerous in ripping operations,
and were hard to keep in adjustment when switching between
ripping and crosscutting (because of the weight of the motor
at the end of a long lever arm). So it doesn't seem that,
even if available at a very low cost, a radial arm saw would
be the preferred solution for general woodworking.

John

Unquestionably Confused

Oct 24, 2015, 10:23:19 AM10/24/15
Well, to answer (merely to satisfy your curiosity), you must consider
the tools that were available to the homeowner ca 1973.

Starting in the following year I began doing remodeling and additions to
our home, built cabinets and book cases, made molding and trim pieces
(yeah, still have that scary molding head). At this point I don't
honestly recall if, or of what quality, the miter saws were that were
"homeowner" grade.

I have to agree with you - at least with regard to newer RAS - about the
adjustment/alignment due to the arm. More of a problem (as I stated)
with, say, post vintage 1975 RAS that the earlier ones. I'd wager that
even today if you let me sharpen up that Freud rip blade and tweak the
adjustment on the saw, I could rip down a 14' 2x12 leaving an edge as
smooth as a baby's butt and do it ALONE or with the assistance of my
wife at the outfeed end.

40+ years ago things were different. My remodelings, additions,
cabinets and bookcases still stand and I defy you to tell me they'd have
turned out any better or worse using Fein, Festool, Jet, Powermatic, etc.

And yes, I still have all my fingers, both eyes, and no holes poked in
me by power tools. I also now have a cabinet saw, planer, jointer,
drill press, 12" compound miter saw (this is number 2), stationery belt
and disk sander and probably just about any other power hand tool one
could want.

I made do with what I had available at the time as we all did/do.

YMMV <g>

John McCoy

Oct 24, 2015, 2:40:11 PM10/24/15

> On 10/24/2015 8:53 AM, John McCoy wrote:
>> Unquestionably Confused <puzz...@ameritech.net> wrote in
>> news:562ac040$0 $31319$c3e8da3$dd96...@news.astraweb.com:
>>
>>> If you want a radial arm saw, those older Craftsman saws are the
>>> ones to aim for. I have one that was in that recall for the blade
>>> guard. I got
>>
>> OK, just for curiousity, why would you want one? What would
>> be the advantage of a radial arm saw over a compound miter
>> saw, assuming you had a table saw for ripping?
>
> Well, to answer (merely to satisfy your curiosity), you must consider
> the tools that were available to the homeowner ca 1973.

Ah, apologies, I was unclear. I meant why would someone want
one now. Certainly in times past, before sliding compound
miter saws and high-powered routers that could spin panel
raising bits existed, the radial arm saw had many advantages.

I'm just not seeing why someone would want to go buy one
today.

John

Unquestionably Confused

Oct 24, 2015, 4:21:16 PM10/24/15
On 10/24/2015 1:37 PM, John McCoy wrote:
> Unquestionably Confused <puzz...@ameritech.net> wrote in
>
>> On 10/24/2015 8:53 AM, John McCoy wrote:
>>> Unquestionably Confused <puzz...@ameritech.net> wrote in
>>> news:562ac040$0 $31319$c3e8da3$dd96...@news.astraweb.com:

>>> OK, just for curiousity, why would you want one? What would
>>> be the advantage of a radial arm saw over a compound miter
>>> saw, assuming you had a table saw for ripping?
>>
>> Well, to answer (merely to satisfy your curiosity), you must consider
>> the tools that were available to the homeowner ca 1973.
>
> Ah, apologies, I was unclear. I meant why would someone want
> one now. Certainly in times past, before sliding compound
> miter saws and high-powered routers that could spin panel
> raising bits existed, the radial arm saw had many advantages.
>
> I'm just not seeing why someone would want to go buy one
> today.

+1

but again, that's my position based on the current crop of crap that's
out there. If there existed today, the RAS of yesteryear, I would still
recommend it as a multipurpose tool for non-idiots (fully realizing that
they are not ideal if one doesn't know WTF one is doing <g>)

Unknown

Oct 24, 2015, 8:37:58 PM10/24/15

> +1
>
> but again, that's my position based on the current crop of crap that's
> out there. If there existed today, the RAS of yesteryear, I would
> still recommend it as a multipurpose tool for non-idiots (fully
> realizing that they are not ideal if one doesn't know WTF one is doing
> <g>)

If you've got the space, it can be a major asset in rare cases. A RAS
does non-through crosscuts better than just about anything. Things like
Dados and Rabbets. A table saw and sled will work, but a RAS is more
convenient when things get to be rather long or heavy. (I bought mine
to handle some dados on deck posts.)

Here's an interesting thought, though. Would an old DeWalt RAS be
better at crosscuts than a similarly priced SCMS? I know my SCMS does
can be easily pushed out of square, but maybe an old DeWalt would make
that harder.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

Unquestionably Confused

Oct 24, 2015, 9:39:06 PM10/24/15
On 10/24/2015 7:37 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
> Unquestionably Confused <puzz...@ameritech.net> wrote in

[snip]

> Here's an interesting thought, though. Would an old DeWalt RAS be
> better at crosscuts than a similarly priced SCMS? I know my SCMS does
> can be easily pushed out of square, but maybe an old DeWalt would make
> that harder.

My money would be on the old DeWalt. Hell, the arm on those things
weighs more than most high end SCMS.

Ran across an OLD 12" AMF DeWalt at an estate sale several years back.
No room nor need of it then (or now for that matter) but I'll admit to
considering it. Going to guess that it was probably very late 50's,
maybe early 60's vintage as the arm was entirely cast iron and rounded
at the operator end. Newer ones, IIRC, had some stamped trim.

This was in good condition and the type you used to see at lumber yards.

It went out the door for ~ $45 on the final day of the sale. Somebody
deserved a "You Suck" award.

Leon

Oct 25, 2015, 10:17:40 AM10/25/15
On 10/24/2015 8:53 AM, John McCoy wrote:
> Unquestionably Confused <puzz...@ameritech.net> wrote in news:562ac040$0
> $31319$c3e8da3$dd96...@news.astraweb.com:
>
>> If you want a radial arm saw, those older Craftsman saws are the ones to
>> aim for. I have one that was in that recall for the blade guard. I got
>
> OK, just for curiousity, why would you want one? What would
> be the advantage of a radial arm saw over a compound miter
> saw, assuming you had a table saw for ripping?

1. Horizontal hole boring. yes I did that with mine many years ago.
2. Works more like a shaper, if using a molding head cutter, than a TS.
3. Can be used as a planer, Yes I did that too to flatten a butcher
block surface with a planer cutter attachment.

> 20-odd years ago the consensus of rec.ww was that radial arm
> saws were potentially more dangerous in ripping operations,
> and were hard to keep in adjustment when switching between
> ripping and crosscutting (because of the weight of the motor
> at the end of a long lever arm). So it doesn't seem that,
> even if available at a very low cost, a radial arm saw would
> be the preferred solution for general woodworking.
>
> John

I first bought a RAS in 1979 and used it to build numerous pieces of
furniture including our current bed room dresser.

They have their uses.

Scott Lurndal

Oct 26, 2015, 9:01:53 AM10/26/15
John McCoy <igo...@ix.netcom.com> writes:
>Unquestionably Confused <puzz...@ameritech.net> wrote in news:562ac040$0
>$31319$c3e8da3$dd96...@news.astraweb.com:
>
>> If you want a radial arm saw, those older Craftsman saws are the ones to
>> aim for. I have one that was in that recall for the blade guard. I got
>
>OK, just for curiousity, why would you want one? What would
>be the advantage of a radial arm saw over a compound miter
>saw, assuming you had a table saw for ripping?

A RAS is the Bees Knees for cross-cutting dadoes.

John McCoy

Oct 26, 2015, 11:50:06 AM10/26/15
sc...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote in
Thanks to you and Leon both. None of those applications
had occured to me (and, to be honest, I've never seen a
RAS used except for the ancient monster the lumberyard
uses for crosscuts).

John

Digger

Oct 26, 2015, 11:57:38 AM10/26/15
Image posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking says all...

--

Digger

DerbyDad03

Oct 27, 2015, 1:47:32 PM10/27/15
On Saturday, October 24, 2015 at 9:56:10 AM UTC-4, John McCoy wrote:
> Unquestionably Confused <puzz...@ameritech.net> wrote in news:562ac040$0
> $31319$c3e8da3$dd96...@news.astraweb.com:
>
> > If you want a radial arm saw, those older Craftsman saws are the ones to
> > aim for. I have one that was in that recall for the blade guard. I got
>
> OK, just for curiousity, why would you want one? What would
> be the advantage of a radial arm saw over a compound miter
> saw, assuming you had a table saw for ripping?

Up until a few years ago I was involved in an activity that involved cutting
steel plates, anywhere from 1/4" to 1/2" thick. Some of the plates were up
to 12" wide.

Multiple (multiple) passes with an abrasive blade on a radial arm saw
worked great. With the steel clamped securely to the table, I could make
some very accurate cuts. I had jigs for some of the odd shaped pieces
that I needed. Multiple slow, shallow cuts were the trick.

I tried my miter saw with an abrasive blade for some of the smaller items
but the RAS did a much better job. I had much more control since the
height adjustment of the RAS determined the depth of cut and the speed was
determined by how fast I moved the blade across the material.

You just had to make sure that everything was secured properly. Keeping
track of where the sparks flew was important too. ;-)

Unquestionably Confused

Oct 28, 2015, 10:08:06 AM10/28/15
On 10/27/2015 12:47 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
> On Saturday, October 24, 2015 at 9:56:10 AM UTC-4, John McCoy wrote:
>> Unquestionably Confused <puzz...@ameritech.net> wrote in news:562ac040$0
>> $31319$c3e8da3$dd96...@news.astraweb.com:
[snip]

> Multiple (multiple) passes with an abrasive blade on a radial arm saw
> worked great. With the steel clamped securely to the table, I could make
> some very accurate cuts. I had jigs for some of the odd shaped pieces
> that I needed. Multiple slow, shallow cuts were the trick.
>
> I tried my miter saw with an abrasive blade for some of the smaller items
> but the RAS did a much better job. I had much more control since the
> height adjustment of the RAS determined the depth of cut and the speed was
> determined by how fast I moved the blade across the material.
>
> You just had to make sure that everything was secured properly. Keeping
> track of where the sparks flew was important too. ;-)

That's a use I'd not have thought of or, if I did, I'd worry like crazy
about metal filings/dust winding up inside the motor. Did you take any
precautions against this?

I tore the crap out of an homeowner grade Skillsaw removing some 90 year
old maple flooring. Not sure if it was the ten coats of varnish and
grit that got sucked in or the remnants of the occasional nail I'd hit.

DerbyDad03

Oct 28, 2015, 10:42:00 AM10/28/15
On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 10:08:06 AM UTC-4, Unquestionably Confused wrote:
> On 10/27/2015 12:47 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
> > On Saturday, October 24, 2015 at 9:56:10 AM UTC-4, John McCoy wrote:
> >> Unquestionably Confused <puzz...@ameritech.net> wrote in news:562ac040$0
> >> $31319$c3e8da3$dd96...@news.astraweb.com:
> [snip]
>

> > Multiple (multiple) passes with an abrasive blade on a radial arm saw
> > worked great. With the steel clamped securely to the table, I could make
> > some very accurate cuts. I had jigs for some of the odd shaped pieces
> > that I needed. Multiple slow, shallow cuts were the trick.
> >
> > I tried my miter saw with an abrasive blade for some of the smaller items
> > but the RAS did a much better job. I had much more control since the
> > height adjustment of the RAS determined the depth of cut and the speed was
> > determined by how fast I moved the blade across the material.
> >
> > You just had to make sure that everything was secured properly. Keeping
> > track of where the sparks flew was important too. ;-)
>
> That's a use I'd not have thought of or, if I did, I'd worry like crazy
> about metal filings/dust winding up inside the motor. Did you take any
> precautions against this?

Actually, I was lucky enough to use a friend's RAS so it wasn't a
concern to me. ;-) I don't recall that he had modified the RAS in any
way.

His garage was set up as a shop almost exclusively for working on Soap Box
Derby cars. We worked together as a team, making parts for our kid's cars.
This was back when fabricating parts was still allowed.

Here is the rear axle mounting system for my son's World Championship car:

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq121/DerbyDad03/photobucket-2663-1399345879852_zpsf3c61506.jpg

The 4 piece axle mount was bolted to the large steel plate which was bolted
and epoxied to the wooden floorboard. (The axle itself is that 3/4" x 3/4"
bar running horizontally through the mount.) All of the parts for the
mount, including the large plate were cut on the RAS.

Here's a picture of the car itself. That little slit under the helmet is
all that my son could see through. Unless you looked straight along the
top of the car, you couldn't tell if he was in it or not.

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq121/DerbyDad03/photobucket-10369-1399345975500_zps65263f4d.jpg

J. Clarke

Oct 30, 2015, 5:26:50 AM10/30/15
In article <036c3f06-946c-4cc3...@googlegroups.com>,
teama...@eznet.net says...
I think that people only see the angle-cut benefit of the RAS and don't
see the depth control.

Leon

Oct 30, 2015, 10:14:00 AM10/30/15
Strange you should say that. The RAS can consistently cut at a certain
height but if your material differs in thickness slightly so will your
depth of cut. A TS will give you consistent depth control even with
different thickness material.

Larry Kraus

Oct 30, 2015, 10:58:02 AM10/30/15
The importance of which will depend on whether you are interested in the
depth of the kerf or the depth of the remaining material.

Martin Eastburn

Oct 30, 2015, 11:00:02 PM10/30/15
A tS is great for sheets and ripping. Cross cutting is difficult.
(try to crosscut a 15' 2x4.) Or make that a 4x4.

A RAS is great for cutoff and nominal sheet. Good for ripping.

So it depends on what you do. Make cabinets or other things.

Martin

krw

Oct 30, 2015, 11:32:06 PM10/30/15
On Fri, 30 Oct 2015 09:13:47 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet>
wrote:
Sometimes that's a problem but often a benefit. If you want to make a
box of a certain size, indexing off the outside is a benefit. The
problem with the RAS is that the arm is never rigid enough. There is
a lot of torque on the arm and it doesn't take much to throw the depth
off.

Leon

Oct 31, 2015, 12:39:25 AM10/31/15
On 10/30/2015 9:59 PM, Martin Eastburn wrote:
> A tS is great for sheets and ripping. Cross cutting is difficult.
> (try to crosscut a 15' 2x4.) Or make that a 4x4.
>
> A RAS is great for cutoff and nominal sheet. Good for ripping.
>
> So it depends on what you do. Make cabinets or other things.
>
> Martin

Preaching to the choir. I have owned both, actually started with a RAS
and built furniture for 4~5 years with that RAS.

IMHO cross cutting on a TS is easier when cutting wide stock, and with a
sled probably easier. I think the most difficult part on a TS is
squaring the end of a 15' piece of what ever. Either way I cut with a
jigsaw to a manageable length and what I would do with a RAS also, you
still have to deal with long stock tipping after being cut.

> Snip

-MIKE-

Oct 31, 2015, 10:34:55 AM10/31/15
Yep. Even when perfectly set up, many of them dip a little at the end
of the pull. Enough to make a sloppy dado/rabbet.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com
mi...@mikedrumsDOT.com

dpb

Oct 31, 2015, 12:53:34 PM10/31/15
On 10/31/2015 9:34 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
> On 10/30/15 10:31 PM, krw wrote:
>> On Fri, 30 Oct 2015 09:13:47 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet>
>> wrote:

>> ... The
>> problem with the RAS is that the arm is never rigid enough. There is
>> a lot of torque on the arm and it doesn't take much to throw the depth
>> off.
>>

> Yep. Even when perfectly set up, many of them dip a little at the end of
> the pull. Enough to make a sloppy dado/rabbet.

Only if it's a cheap POS (which, unfortunately, many are).

I've never had the issue w/ the old Delta 16" nor would one have w/ an
Original Saw Company model or one of that ilk. Even the old 10" DeWalt
if set up properly is perfectly adequate for the task.

virt...@gmail.com

Nov 15, 2015, 6:15:29 PM11/15/15
Hello... You still looking for a sears/craftsman 10" radial saw? I have one for sale... Let me know if your interested... Thanks.
My email is...vvirtue@yahoo.com

chal...@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2016, 1:20:48 PM2/20/16
If anyone still needs a radial arm saw. I have one with the bottom cabinet im guessing its a 1960ish model.

Unknown

Feb 20, 2016, 1:29:12 PM2/20/16
chal...@gmail.com wrote in

> If anyone still needs a radial arm saw. I have one with the bottom
> cabinet im guessing its a 1960ish model.

You'll have to give us more information if you want to get rid of it.
Start with the 4 double-U's:
Who you are
What you have (including model number or any identifying marks)
Where it is
What condition it is in

Puckdropper

bnw...@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2016, 1:30:50 PM2/20/16
On Saturday, February 20, 2016 at 1:20:48 PM UTC-5, chal...@gmail.com wrote:
> If anyone still needs a radial arm saw. I have one with the bottom cabinet im guessing its a 1960ish model.

If you are local, I may be interested
thanks

ggbr...@yahoo.com

Aug 12, 2016, 7:37:38 PM8/12/16
On Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 7:44:02 AM UTC-7, Sandra wrote:
> I am selling a sears craftsman accra-arm 10 inch radial saw, model number
> 113.29411. that is attached to the table and cabinet... What is the value
> of this and how much should I sell it for. It is in good working
> condition.. A prompt reply would be greatly appreciated.
> Thank you..
>
> --
> posted from
> http://www.homeownershub.com/woodworking/what-is-the-value-of-a-sears-craftsman10-inch-radial-arm-saw-764332-.htm
> using HomeOwnersHub's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface
> to home and garden related groups

There is a craftsman radial saw for sale on the internet for $70 with a table and cabinetright now in good condition

Doug Miller

Aug 12, 2016, 7:58:19 PM8/12/16
ggbr...@yahoo.com wrote in
Don't you imagine Sandra has found one by now? It's been nearly three years since she
posted that...

Bill

Aug 12, 2016, 8:00:31 PM8/12/16
It's not about what it's "worth", it's about what someone else will pay
for it, and I think it's a buyers market on these things. Search
craigslist in some relevant locales.

karen...@frontier.com

Oct 20, 2016, 2:23:13 AM10/20/16
I have two of the old 10 inch radial saws that are recalled , regretfully I just now found out about the retro kit that was available . Regretfully when I called yesterday and asked about it , I was told they no longer offered the kit , just the 100 rebate or what ever it is called . Where have I been all these years to have never heard about this recall till now , I read somewhere that it has been in effect for a couple of decades , always was late on everything lol . Bought one of my 10 inch radial saws new at Sears in the late seventies I believe . Bought it new at Sears for $318.00. Would love to have had the retro kit , especially the new table top . I can not imagine someone trashing their saw for 100 bucks , esp. if it still in super nice condition . I just picked up the other one a couple of days ago in a trade for a Makita 15 inch planer . Its all there but the motor just hums when you turn it on . Plan on calling Sears tomorrow and see if you can still send motors to them to be repaired and find out about cost to do so . I Like these saws that much that I will try and get it fixed rather than sell off the parts for 100 and sell it to someone who may be looking for a used one . Never checked on the price of a new one yet but I am sure they are pretty high in price . I have had some close calls concerning injury on mine but is was always due to carelessness . Its a great saw , you just need to not rush into doing some things on it . I never did like trying to rip a board on it , will stick with my table saw for that . Good luck to those who are looking to buy and sell theirs saws .

On Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 11:37:15 AM UTC-4, ath...@wind.net wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 14:44:02 +0000, Sandra
> <caedfaa9ed1216d60e...@example.com> wrote:
>
> >I am selling a sears craftsman accra-arm 10 inch radial saw, model number
> >113.29411. that is attached to the table and cabinet... What is the value
> >of this and how much should I sell it for. It is in good working
> >condition.. A prompt reply would be greatly appreciated.
> >Thank you..
>
> There was a recall on Sears radial saws. Check the site below and if
> your saw is included you get $100 for returning the motor & carriage.
> Shipping is free.
>
> http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com/

bnw...@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2016, 10:06:03 AM10/20/16
I don't believe the retro kit was ever available for that version of saw...You can probably still find an intact RAS on your local CL for less than the cost of a new motor...

DerbyDad03

Oct 21, 2016, 4:04:17 PM10/21/16
26 Craftsman RAS's on CL in my local area...$50 - $150, various conditions.

randyth...@gmail.com

Nov 2, 2017, 12:52:13 PM11/2/17
I have a craftsman radial arm saw, and a Beach Manufacturing Company rip/table saw. Both work fine. The Beach has rollers also. 704-296-0113.I am in North Carolina.

cl...@snyder.on.ca

Nov 2, 2017, 5:13:06 PM11/2/17
On Thu, 2 Nov 2017 09:52:10 -0700 (PDT), randyth...@gmail.com
wrote:

>I have a craftsman radial arm saw, and a Beach Manufacturing Company rip/table saw. Both work fine. The Beach has rollers also. 704-296-0113.I am in North Carolina.
Basically it's worth exactly what you can get for it and not a penny
more. They are not a high demand unit any more so you are unlikely to
get a "bidding war" for it.

DerbyDad03

Nov 2, 2017, 5:51:20 PM11/2/17
Did you say "bidding war"?

Death Ray...a billion dollars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-HE3JpApcY

luther7...@gmail.com

Dec 25, 2017, 7:46:50 PM12/25/17
On Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 9:44:02 AM UTC-5, Sandra wrote:
> I am selling a sears craftsman accra-arm 10 inch radial saw, model number
> 113.29411. that is attached to the table and cabinet... What is the value
> of this and how much should I sell it for. It is in good working
> condition.. A prompt reply would be greatly appreciated.
> Thank you..
>
> --
> posted from
> http://www.homeownershub.com/woodworking/what-is-the-value-of-a-sears-craftsman10-inch-radial-arm-saw-764332-.htm
> using HomeOwnersHub's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface
> to home and garden related groups

where u located I am interested in a radial arm saw like $125.00 if u are close to me in Oklahoma

k...@notreal.com

Dec 25, 2017, 10:18:07 PM12/25/17
On Mon, 25 Dec 2017 16:46:45 -0800 (PST), luther7...@gmail.com
wrote:
I might sell mine for that (with the recall kit, if I can find it) and
at least I'm in the same year you're in, if not anywhere near
Oklahoma. ;-)

pyotr filipivich

Dec 25, 2017, 11:02:06 PM12/25/17
luther7...@gmail.com on Mon, 25 Dec 2017 16:46:45 -0800 (PST)
typed in rec.woodworking the following:
After four years - might not be for sale.

But the real question is "Value to who? Value as what?"
--
pyotr filipivich

raecr...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2018, 11:15:47 PM2/19/18
Hey, all. I realize this is an old thread, but I don't seem to have anywhere else to turn with my question.

A friend just gifted me a working Craftsman 7 1/2-inch radial arm saw, model 315.23743, but it's without the blade guard as it broke and neither the saw model number or the actual part number pulled from the users manual bring up that part ANYwhere, including the Sears part house(s). And at present there are no listings on the eBay machine for this blade size.

Any suggestions for where to buy it?

Thanks!

raecr...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2018, 11:22:26 PM2/19/18
On Monday, February 19, 2018 at 10:15:47 PM UTC-6, raecr...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hey, all. I realize this is an old thread, but I don't seem to have anywhere else to turn with my question.
>
> A friend just gifted me a working Craftsman 7 1/2-inch radial arm saw, model 315.23743, but it's without the blade guard (the clear plastic cover only) as it broke and neither the saw model number or the actual part number pulled from the users manual bring up that part ANYwhere, including the Sears parts house(s). At present there are no listings on the eBay machine for this blade size either.
>
> Any suggestions for where to buy it? Can I get just that part? Will any other brand fit it if I can't get the Sears flavor?
>
> Thanks!

pyotr filipivich

Feb 20, 2018, 11:17:09 AM2/20/18

Value to whom?
Value as What?

raecr...@gmail.com on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 20:15:41 -0800 (PST) typed in
rec.woodworking the following:
>Hey, all. I realize this is an old thread, but I don't seem to have anywhere else to turn with my question.
>
>A friend just gifted me a working Craftsman 7 1/2-inch radial arm saw, model 315.23743, but it's without the blade guard as it broke and neither the saw model number or the actual part number pulled from the users manual bring up that part ANYwhere, including the Sears part house(s). And at present there are no listings on the eBay machine for this blade size.
>
>Any suggestions for where to buy it?

Craigslist?

Unfortunately, you might have a complete orphan there. Sears
sold off the Craftsman brand, so you're probably out of luck.

May have to take up metal working in order to make your own
replacement.

albertson...@gmail.com

Mar 29, 2018, 5:38:13 AM3/29/18
On Saturday, October 24, 2015 at 4:21:16 PM UTC-4, Unquestionably Confused wrote:
> On 10/24/2015 1:37 PM, John McCoy wrote:
> > Unquestionably Confused <puzz...@ameritech.net> wrote in

> >> Well, to answer (merely to satisfy your curiosity), you must consider
> >> the tools that were available to the homeowner ca 1973.
> >
> > Ah, apologies, I was unclear. I meant why would someone want
> > one now. Certainly in times past, before sliding compound
> > miter saws and high-powered routers that could spin panel
> > raising bits existed, the radial arm saw had many advantages.
> >
> > I'm just not seeing why someone would want to go buy one
> > today.
>

> +1
>
> but again, that's my position based on the current crop of crap that's
> out there. If there existed today, the RAS of yesteryear, I would still
> recommend it as a multipurpose tool for non-idiots (fully realizing that
> they are not ideal if one doesn't know WTF one is doing <g>)

I couldn't disagree with you more. The radial arm saw is one of the most versatile woodworking tools you could own. It performs tasks that a table saw can't. It's also a fine compound miter saw. I lost mine in a divorce 15 years ago and just picked-up a 1975 at Habitat For Humanity for $85.00. It's in great condition with a professional cabinet stand on castors. I'm damned glad to have this old girl back in my arms again. Dangerous? Yeah, if you're stupid. My table saw scares the stuffing out of me.

dste...@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2018, 11:07:55 AM4/14/18
Selling a craftsman radical saw model number 113.197752 what is it worth

Spalted Walt

Apr 14, 2018, 11:19:19 AM4/14/18

#100 - http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com/

http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com/determinemodels.aspx#search

pyotr filipivich

Apr 14, 2018, 12:02:24 PM4/14/18
Depends on the answers to these two questions:

Value to whom?

Value as what?

Clare Snyder

Apr 14, 2018, 1:57:12 PM4/14/18
On Sat, 14 Apr 2018 08:07:50 -0700 (PDT), dste...@gmail.com wrote:

>Selling a craftsman radical saw model number 113.197752 what is it worth

It's worth exactly what the highest bidder is willing to pay on a
given day - not a penny less or a penny more.

There are litterally thousands of Radial Arm Saws hiding in the
corners of shops across Noth America - unused and unloved, and unsold
because the owners think they are worth more than the few prospective
buyers are willing to pay.

Generally they are worth something in the neighborhood of about 5 or 6
cents a lb right now.

Markem

Apr 14, 2018, 2:07:09 PM4/14/18
On Sat, 14 Apr 2018 08:07:50 -0700 (PDT), dste...@gmail.com wrote:

>Selling a craftsman radical saw model number 113.197752 what is it worth

What someone will pay you!

Jerry Osage

Apr 14, 2018, 2:45:49 PM4/14/18
On Sat, 14 Apr 2018 15:15:04 +0000, Spalted Walt <res...@newsgroup.pls>
wrote:

>dste...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Selling a craftsman radical saw model number 113.197752 what is it worth
>
>#100 - http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com/

Reading down the page I found this:

"Federal law bars any person from selling products subject to a
publicly-announced voluntary recall by a manufacturer or a mandatory
recall ordered by the Commission."

Therefore, it would be wise to check out your second link
>http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com/determinemodels.aspx#search

Emerson Tool will pay $100 for proof that you have disabled the saw if
it is on the recall list.

If one chooses not to disable the saw and sells it, 1) You are breaking
a law and, 2) You are probably leaving yourself open to a civil lawsuit
if the new owner injures himself and retains a smart attorney - and you
have anything worth taking...

Therefore, the best answer seems to be, the saw is worth $100 to
Emerson.
--

Jerry O.

-MIKE-

Apr 14, 2018, 3:19:00 PM4/14/18
Jump on that offer.
You'll be hard pressed to find anyone to give you more than 50 bucks for
it.
Since they stopped sending out the replacement parts for it, they're not
very good tools to own.
I got the replacement parts from the recall and mine is one of my
favorite and most accurate saws. But the thing was downright dangerous
before installing the replacement recall parts.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

J. Clarke

Apr 14, 2018, 4:41:49 PM4/14/18
That a government agency attempts to intimidate people with threats
does not mean that the threats have any substance. Read the law and
it's on about "the manufacturer or any distributor or retailer of the
product". Someone who owns the saw having purchased it from Sears is
certainly not the manufacturer or distributor and generally speaking
would not be regarded as a retailer (see the big flap about "the gun
show loophole" for an example of the effect of this distinction in
another area). If the matter really concerns you then pay a lawyer to
look into it. It will cost you more than the value of the saw though.

pyotr filipivich

Apr 14, 2018, 5:49:22 PM4/14/18
Jerry...@invalid.net (Jerry Osage) on Sat, 14 Apr 2018 13:45:39
-0500 typed in rec.woodworking the following:
>On Sat, 14 Apr 2018 15:15:04 +0000, Spalted Walt <res...@newsgroup.pls>
>wrote:
>
>>dste...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> Selling a craftsman radical saw model number 113.197752 what is it worth
>>
>>#100 - http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com/
>>
>Reading down the page I found this:
>
>"Federal law bars any person from selling products subject to a
>publicly-announced voluntary recall by a manufacturer or a mandatory
>recall ordered by the Commission."
>
>Therefore, it would be wise to check out your second link
>>http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com/determinemodels.aspx#search

Speaking of recalls.

How many times do I need to call Sears over the recall of their
folding stand table saw?

Summer is a coming soon, and now is when I remember that it is
under recall, and I still haven't heard from them.

tschus
pyotr

Of course I'm retired, I'm too busy to go get a job!

k...@notreal.com

Apr 14, 2018, 8:10:39 PM4/14/18
On Sat, 14 Apr 2018 13:57:09 -0400, Clare Snyder <cl...@snyder.on.ca>
wrote:

>On Sat, 14 Apr 2018 08:07:50 -0700 (PDT), dste...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>>Selling a craftsman radical saw model number 113.197752 what is it worth
>

> It's worth exactly what the highest bidder is willing to pay on a
>given day - not a penny less or a penny more.
>
>There are litterally thousands of Radial Arm Saws hiding in the
>corners of shops across Noth America - unused and unloved, and unsold
>because the owners think they are worth more than the few prospective
>buyers are willing to pay.

Or worth less than the bother of selling (or trashing) and moving
them.

Leon

Apr 15, 2018, 11:49:50 AM4/15/18
I suspect the RAS in question will become more valuable in a hundred
years or so when few if any exist. ;~)

k...@notreal.com

Apr 15, 2018, 5:42:52 PM4/15/18
On Sun, 15 Apr 2018 10:49:43 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet>
wrote:
You mean after their original owners are dead and buried and the kids
have had to empty out their parents' houses? Dunno, I think
everything more dangerous than a spork will be illegal by then.

Leon

Apr 15, 2018, 6:02:42 PM4/15/18
I was reflecting on the old Stutz Bearcat that they recently found.

DerbyDad03

Apr 15, 2018, 8:07:38 PM4/15/18
Who will want a spinning blade that requires periodic sharpening when they'll be able to
use a RALC (Radial Arm Laser Cutter) that will do everything from micro-kerf through cuts
to precision dados, dovetails, bridle joints, etc. all by using a voice controlled user interface?

"Alexa, cut a 1/2” deep dado wide enough for the plywood whose barcode you just
scanned in."

Leon

Apr 15, 2018, 9:14:08 PM4/15/18
People like the ones that use hand planes and tools today. ;~)

Clare Snyder

Apr 15, 2018, 10:07:56 PM4/15/18
On Sun, 15 Apr 2018 20:14:00 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet>
wrote:
You mean Ludites?

k...@notreal.com

Apr 15, 2018, 10:22:36 PM4/15/18
On Sun, 15 Apr 2018 22:07:54 -0400, Clare Snyder <cl...@snyder.on.ca>
Worse, Neanderthals. ;-)

Doug Miller

Apr 23, 2018, 5:49:06 PM4/23/18
J. Clarke <jclarke...@gmail.com> wrote in

> That a government agency attempts to intimidate people with threats
> does not mean that the threats have any substance. Read the law and
> it's on about "the manufacturer or any distributor or retailer of the
> product".

I did read the law, and I didn't see anything like that at all.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/15/2068

Looks pretty clear to me that it applies to individuals as well; where did you see language
that restricts that prohibition to manufacturers, distributors, and retailers?

> [...] If the matter really concerns you then pay a lawyer to
> look into it. It will cost you more than the value of the saw though.

Actually, I have a lawyer looking into it right now. It won't cost me anything, though, as the
lawyer is my son.

DerbyDad03

Apr 23, 2018, 6:13:53 PM4/23/18
Wouldn't the information be confidential?

Unquestionably Confused

Apr 23, 2018, 6:19:03 PM4/23/18
It would be, but privilege is the client's to waive. He's the only one
who can. Attorney has no standing to waive the privilege.

DerbyDad03

Apr 23, 2018, 7:36:31 PM4/23/18
Wouldn't what I said be an attempt at humor?

J. Clarke

Apr 23, 2018, 8:43:41 PM4/23/18
I did a search of the US Code on the keyword "recall" IIRC.

Doug Miller

Apr 23, 2018, 10:28:21 PM4/23/18
J. Clarke <jclarke...@gmail.com> wrote in
Just heard back from my son a few minutes ago.Here's his reply:

OK - so short answer is no, you can't sell the saw. For the other parts...

Application of “any person” – Yes, it applies to natural persons first and foremost. But in
some contexts, it certainly means not natural persons. A juridical “person” only needs a
capacity to sue or be sued. So a corporation is a juridical person; so is civilly-forfeited
cash. Where any person is modified by “for purposes of this section” it usually means to
include juridical persons, but it does not indicate either way by itself whether it is including or
excluding classes of persons.

Change in remedy – I think the subsequent remedy is the sole remedy; it could also be that
they stopped making the blade guard. It also says remedy has changed, not alternative
remedy.

Can you sell the saw? I don’t actually know, but I’m still saying no. If you want a real answer,
you need to talk to a federal consumer protection attorney. Pragmatically speaking, you will
spend more talking to an attorney than the saw is worth, and it’s tough to beat your already-
up-$100 position unless you can sell the saw for a lot more than I would pay for it =P

Doug Miller

Apr 23, 2018, 10:34:32 PM4/23/18
J. Clarke <jclarke...@gmail.com> wrote in
I did that too, and all I found was the statement that it's
unlawful for "any person" to sell any consumer product that's been
the subject of a recall.

Markem

Apr 24, 2018, 1:02:50 AM4/24/18
Perhaps?

So that wooshing sound was real.....

Leon

Apr 24, 2018, 9:08:01 AM4/24/18
Wow! Makes one think twice about an individual selling a vehicle to
another individual. Having worked in the automotive industry for many
years I can tell you that most any vehicle that you can point at has or
will be the subject of a recall.

Markem

Apr 24, 2018, 10:21:46 AM4/24/18
On Tue, 24 Apr 2018 08:07:48 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet>
wrote:
Air Bags, just got the Ranger's changed.

Leon

Apr 24, 2018, 10:47:57 AM4/24/18
LOL just to name the obvious one.. I do not know how much has changed
since I worked at a dealership but it was not unusual for a vehicle to
have 2~3 outstanding campaigns/recalls when one drove up on the service
drive. Oldsmobile was pretty serious about the dealers checking for
outstanding campaigns on every Olds that came in for service, this is
whether the customer knew about a recall or not.

I recall the first year that the Ford Probe was introduced it had 50+
items that had to be checked and or corrected before the dealers could
sell them. Talk about rushing a product to market before checking all
the safety boxes.

DerbyDad03

Apr 24, 2018, 8:21:44 PM4/24/18
The Takata airbag *inflator* recall (massively mistakenly referred to as
an airbag recall) caused similar issues for many used car dealers.

If someone traded in a vehicle that needed the inflator replaced, they
couldn't resell it, even at auction, until the part was replaced. For a
long time, inflators were in such short supply that even live customers
had to wait for parts to come in. Customer owned vehicles jumped ahead
of used cars.

We were all set to buy a used Honda from a local dealer, but they couldn't
get an inflator for it, even after we waited three weeks. We eventually
moved on to different dealer that had the same model that had been
traded in *after* the inflator had been replaced, so that dealer turned
the vehicle around just about as quickly as it took to clean it up for us.

Leon

Apr 24, 2018, 11:31:34 PM4/24/18
Yes this infiltrator issue is out of hand and being handled incorrectly.
The company that makes them went bankrupt. But IIRC is reorganizing
and building new parts, but not fast enough. This is where
manufacturers should pitch in go together to build a plant to take up
the slack.

Then again the odds of being killed with an infiltrator going off pales
compared to other causes of automotive deaths. Remember the Firestone
fiasco a few decades ago?

OFWW

Apr 25, 2018, 2:41:16 AM4/25/18
On Tue, 24 Apr 2018 22:31:21 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet>
There is a another current fiasco building up regarding tires for
motor homes that have been failing prematurely for many years.
By Goodyear who have been in constant denial.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2018/01/02/regulators-open-probe-goodyear-motorhome-tire-failures/997330001/

Leon

Apr 25, 2018, 8:45:13 AM4/25/18
That might a tough one.. Since the investigation covers tires 15 to 22
years ago it may be blamed on dry rot. Some manufacturers do not
warrant their tires past 6~7 years just because of that. I recently had
a set of Michelin tires, on my truck , replaced under warranty because I
was not driving them enough to wear them out. After 5 years they had
PLENTY OF tread but were beginning to show checking on the sidewalls.

Motor homes will be a dicey situation since few really get driven enough
to wear the tires out. Veeeeery interesting.

Looking back on Firestone, IIRC the main/majority of the failures were
happening in the middle east where the tires on SUV's were being run
under-inflated to get extra traction while frolicking in the sand dunes.
They went back to the high speeds on the highways to go back home and
the under inflated tires over heated.

OFWW

Apr 25, 2018, 4:21:00 PM4/25/18
On Wed, 25 Apr 2018 07:44:58 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet>
Really?!?

Outstanding, here in calif they just tell you the tires are outdated
and that legally you have to change them so you won't be held liable
in an accident. They will not service your tires if outdated. My last
set of tires on the MH were Michelin, they type you can cut new treads
into when the originals were getting close to bald. Now I feel like I
totally got screwed.

>Motor homes will be a dicey situation since few really get driven enough
>to wear the tires out. Veeeeery interesting.
>
>Looking back on Firestone, IIRC the main/majority of the failures were
>happening in the middle east where the tires on SUV's were being run
>under-inflated to get extra traction while frolicking in the sand dunes.
> They went back to the high speeds on the highways to go back home and
>the under inflated tires over heated.

I had some replaced by Firestone when they were recalling them. It was
nice, new tires for old. :)

Spalted Walt

Apr 25, 2018, 6:18:28 PM4/25/18
Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet> wrote:

> Looking back on Firestone, IIRC the main/majority of the failures were
> happening in the middle east where the tires on SUV's were being run
> under-inflated to get extra traction while frolicking in the sand dunes.
> They went back to the high speeds on the highways to go back home and
> the under inflated tires over heated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firestone_and_Ford_tire_controversy#cite_note-52

"271 people were killed and 823 people were injured in the United
States as a result of these failures. The large majority of accidents
took place in California, Arizona, Texas, and Florida. An additional
46 people were killed in Venezuela."

https://icsw.nhtsa.gov/nhtsa/announce/press/firestone/Update.html
http://money.cnn.com/2000/08/09/news/firestone_recall/
http://articles.latimes.com/2000/sep/05/business/fi-15560

Leon

Apr 26, 2018, 11:52:26 AM4/26/18
Yes. My local tire store, Discount Store" was not going to do anything
but MY call directly to Michelin settled the issue. They contacted that
store and authorized them to prorate the tires.

> Outstanding, here in calif they just tell you the tires are outdated
> and that legally you have to change them so you won't be held liable
> in an accident.

Mine were still within the time limits of the warranty.

They will not service your tires if outdated. My last
> set of tires on the MH were Michelin, they type you can cut new treads
> into when the originals were getting close to bald. Now I feel like I
> totally got screwed.

Well in normal circumstances if you drove a LOT you would probably be
able to take advantage of regrooving the tires.

Yeah they will not check the pressure in my spare tire.... I need to do
that, 10 years old...

>> Motor homes will be a dicey situation since few really get driven enough
>> to wear the tires out. Veeeeery interesting.
>>
>> Looking back on Firestone, IIRC the main/majority of the failures were
>> happening in the middle east where the tires on SUV's were being run
>> under-inflated to get extra traction while frolicking in the sand dunes.
>> They went back to the high speeds on the highways to go back home and
>> the under inflated tires over heated.
>
> I had some replaced by Firestone when they were recalling them. It was
> nice, new tires for old. :)

Yeah!

ronra...@gmail.com

Jul 23, 2018, 7:06:36 PM7/23/18
On Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 1:44:02 PM UTC-7, Sandra wrote:
> replying to athiker , Sandra wrote:
> > athiker wrote:
> >
> > There was a recall on Sears radial saws. Check the site below and if
> > your saw is included you get $100 for returning the motor & carriage.
> > Shipping is free.
> > http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com/
>

> thank you for the information..
>
> --
> posted from
> http://www.homeownershub.com/woodworking/what-is-the-value-of-a-sears-craftsman10-inch-radial-arm-saw-764332-.htm
> using HomeOwnersHub's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface
> to home and garden related groups

kandastri...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2019, 1:01:09 PM6/27/19
I got a craftsman contractor series radial arm saw trying to sale if interested I got one I love in Corning ca my number is 5305854060 asking 100
It is loading more messages.