Worth of back issues of Fine Woodworking ?

John Michael Linck

Apr 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/13/98

I recently visited a used bookstore and saw that they sell back issues
of magazines. I have guite a stack of Fine Woodworking (1-80 something)
and they offered me 50 cents per issue. Is this a good price? I would
like to sell them but don't want to sell too low. Do any of you know
what is a fair price?

Thanks very much,

John

Fine Hardwood Toys for Your Children's Children
John Michael Linck - Toymaker - 2550 Van Hise Avenue
Madison, Wisconsin 53705 - Free email newletter about toys & play
Web site catalog at - <http://www.woodentoy.com>
phone 608-231-2808 email - <mailto:toym...@woodentoy.com>

Bob Peritsky, Rochester, NY

Apr 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/14/98

John Michael Linck <toym...@woodentoy.com> wrote in article
<35325A...@woodentoy.com>...

> I recently visited a used bookstore and saw that they sell back issues
> of magazines. I have guite a stack of Fine Woodworking (1-80 something)
> and they offered me 50 cents per issue. Is this a good price? I would
> like to sell them but don't want to sell too low. Do any of you know
> what is a fair price?

Several used bookstores in Tucson, AZ had FWW at $2 or $3 per issue,
depending on the age. I suspect they would have offered you $1 each if you
were selling. (They want to make some $$$ too.....)

Bill Thomas Pat Thaler Jared Thaler Leor Thomas Avi Thomas

Apr 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/14/98

Greetings,

Issue 1 can retail for 50 dollars US, issue 2 for 35. After that the retail
price drops quickly. Expect to get half of the retail price. For
a complete set, you can sell it through a posting on rec.woodworking
for 200 to 300 dollars US depending on your greed and the buyer's desire.

Sincerely,
Bill Thomas

Bob Peritsky, Rochester, NY (Peri...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
: John Michael Linck <toym...@woodentoy.com> wrote in article

Kenneth L Kraay

Apr 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/14/98
to toym...@woodentoy.com
I think that it is too cheap, I have close to a complete set, missing
about 3 yrs. You couldn't buy mine for 2-3 dollars ea. I use them
alot for reference. If you see no more value in them other then 50 cents,
sell.

Ken Kraay

http://www.choicemall.com/abetrsandpaper

vcard.vcf