Wine glass holder

jesse

Aug 18, 2021, 10:31:40 AM8/18/21
So my wife's wine glasses are on the top inside of her our cabinets in the back and she will "not" put them anywhere else lol. I'm looking for a slide of sorts that'll allow her to pull out and rack or something and drop straight down once it passes it's clearance so shes able to reach them. She's really short also.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodworking/wine-glass-holder-3150376-.htm

hub...@ccanoemail.ca

Aug 18, 2021, 11:05:05 AM8/18/21
On Wed, 18 Aug 2021 14:31:36 +0000, jesse
<fa253f0578a2b7be...@example.com> wrote:

>So my wife's wine glasses are on the top inside of her our cabinets
> _in the back_ and she will "not" put them anywhere else lol.
> I'm looking for a slide of sorts that'll allow her to pull out and rack
> or something and drop straight down once it passes it's clearance
>so shes able to reach them. She's really short also.

When faced with a really dumb problem - sell her on
something she hasn't thought of yet ..

http://alwaysfinaltouch.com/mounted-wine-racks/FTR006.html

Wine _AND_ glasses at your fingertips !

John T.

Leon

Aug 18, 2021, 11:13:57 AM8/18/21
On 8/18/2021 9:31 AM, jesse wrote:
> So my wife's wine glasses are on the top inside of her our cabinets in
> the back and she will "not" put them anywhere else lol. I'm looking for
> a slide of sorts that'll allow her to pull out and rack or something and
> drop straight down once it passes it's clearance so shes able to reach
> them. She's really short also.

That is going to be complicated and I suspect any type moving mechanism
may introduce some jerking motion. That could possibly cause the wine
glasses to fall out or wobble and knock against each outer.

How about building her a step stool! ;~)

Ed Pawlowski

Aug 18, 2021, 11:15:17 AM8/18/21
On 8/18/2021 10:31 AM, jesse wrote:
> So my wife's wine glasses are on the top inside of her our cabinets in
> the back and she will "not" put them anywhere else lol. I'm looking for
> a slide of sorts that'll allow her to pull out and rack or something and
> drop straight down once it passes it's clearance so shes able to reach
> them. She's really short also.

Step stool. Has many uses.

k...@notreal.com

Aug 18, 2021, 2:00:51 PM8/18/21
"You cannot access this store from your country. We apologize for the
inconvenience."

DerbyDad03

Aug 18, 2021, 2:05:10 PM8/18/21
On Wednesday, August 18, 2021 at 10:31:40 AM UTC-4, jesse wrote:
> So my wife's wine glasses are on the top inside of her our cabinets in the back and she will "not" put them anywhere else lol. I'm looking for a slide of sorts that'll allow her to pull out and rack or something and drop straight down once it passes it's clearance so shes able to reach them. She's really short also.

Look into handicap/accessibility devices. Rev-A-Shelf is one such manufacturer.

Something like this...

https://www.schulercabinetry.com/cabinet/pull-down-shelf/

or this

https://res.cloudinary.com/dgg9enyjv/image/upload/w_900,h_900,c_fit,f_auto/v1614345307/Magnet/Storage%20solutions/iMove_-_2.jpg

k...@notreal.com

Aug 18, 2021, 2:07:21 PM8/18/21
On Wed, 18 Aug 2021 10:13:49 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet>
wrote:
Something like this, with slots for the wine glass stems (hung
upside-down as they should be).

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6RNNegj0FM>

>How about building her a step stool! ;~)

Then she breaks her ass falling off and *you're* in a heap of trouble.

DerbyDad03

Aug 18, 2021, 2:07:46 PM8/18/21
Did you move? Was your computer taken over by some foreign entity?
Does your ISP's website end in .ru?

I have no problem visiting that site.

Eli the Bearded

Aug 18, 2021, 2:25:26 PM8/18/21
In rec.woodworking, DerbyDad03 <teama...@eznet.net> wrote:
> Did you move? Was your computer taken over by some foreign entity?
> Does your ISP's website end in .ru?

It was posed by someone with a .ca address wasn't it?

> I have no problem visiting that site.

More and more small to middling companies are blocking non-US visitors
rather than expose themselves to things like GDPR.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Data_Protection_Regulation

Elijah
------
mostly gets reports of blockages from a friend in Germany

k...@notreal.com

Aug 18, 2021, 2:30:09 PM8/18/21
I have a VPN but it's set to surface in Atlanta. I've run into
financial sites that refuse connection via a VPN but not commercial.

DerbyDad03

Aug 18, 2021, 2:40:06 PM8/18/21
On Wednesday, August 18, 2021 at 2:25:26 PM UTC-4, Eli the Bearded wrote:
> In rec.woodworking, DerbyDad03 <teama...@eznet.net> wrote:
> > Did you move? Was your computer taken over by some foreign entity?
> > Does your ISP's website end in .ru?
> It was posed by someone with a .ca address wasn't it?

Yes, but both Kevin and I live in the US. If I can access the site from
the US, Kevin shouldn't be experiencing a country based blockage.

Even more compelling is that the alwaysfinaltouch.com domain
itself is US based. California to be exact.

https://check-host.net/ip-info?host=alwaysfinaltouch.com

> > I have no problem visiting that site.
> More and more small to middling companies are blocking non-US visitors
> rather than expose themselves to things like GDPR.

Maybe so, but totally irrelevant in this situation.

hub...@ccanoemail.ca

Aug 18, 2021, 3:41:33 PM8/18/21
Those are great !
John T.

k...@notreal.com

Aug 18, 2021, 4:52:37 PM8/18/21
It's working now. Must have been some of Putin's boys hacking into
critical infrastructure again.

Leon

Aug 19, 2021, 2:41:07 PM8/19/21
But if she breaks a wine glass,,,,, bigger trouble. ;~)