whole write up on wood cork eglass laptop

Electric Comet

Jun 21, 2016, 12:15:24 PM6/21/16
the project for this caught my eye some time ago when the funding
campaign started

but just recently he did a whole write up and it is a very good one

lots of details

way more heat than the project i have in mind

i really like the monocoque base with curves and cork

http://mottweilerstudio.com/novena-heirloom/

Spalted Walt

Jun 21, 2016, 12:37:24 PM6/21/16
-1

Does not employ 'Golden ratio' proportional dimensions, not
aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

http://i2.wp.com/mottweilerstudio.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Afrormosia-and-Blk-Limba-11.png

Gordon Shumway

Jun 21, 2016, 12:47:46 PM6/21/16
Very interesting article.

Leon

Jun 21, 2016, 2:22:31 PM6/21/16
Seems counter productive, thin typically is better for actual use. In
a wooden case simply an oddity that hinders the user.

Bob Villa

Jun 21, 2016, 4:47:42 PM6/21/16
Probably not...if it's going to be used in place of a desktop...and then there 's the showpiece aspect. No for me, but pretty cool!

Electric Comet

Jun 23, 2016, 6:04:38 PM6/23/16
On Tue, 21 Jun 2016 16:37:21 +0000
Spalted Walt <res...@newsgroup.pls> wrote:

> Does not employ 'Golden ratio' proportional dimensions, not
> aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

haha
it is close though

and the craftmanship is high and that is satisfying

wonder how the hardware available for that project has changed

i know laptops with the same model number often have different parts

fwiw the main point of the laptop is that the hardware is open
eliminates backdoors by tla agencies but not to say that there
are no backdoors anyway