Norseman Vortex drill bits

k...@notreal.com

Oct 4, 2022, 9:01:39 PM10/4/22

Stumpy Nubs did a podcast a while back comparing drill bits and found
three types that worked better than even the best brad point bits. I
bought the Norseman Vortex bits and they really are something. Holes
are exceptionally clean with no tearout. I haven't tried them on steel
yet (may not, they are expensive) but they're the best wood bits I've
used.

Leon

Oct 5, 2022, 9:38:53 AM10/5/22
Hard to find these days but I have several Colt 5 Star brad point bits
and they cut clean, even on the unbacked/unsupported exit hole.

k...@notreal.com

Oct 5, 2022, 1:58:18 PM10/5/22
I bought a couple of them but they became unobtanium pretty quickly.
Colt is still around but the only ones I've seen in years are the
"Twin Land" variety.