How do you get SEXWAX off????

Kenneth McCullagh

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

I have a problem with Sex Wax - the guy who owned my screamer before me
put Sexwax on the deck, between the mast track and the straps. Maybe a
good idea at the time, but as time goes on, it gets less sticky and more
slippy, as dirt and stuff sticks to it.
it also looke TERRIBLE - it's all black. Also I need to get it off 2 Bic
Malibu surfboards. I tried hot water and washing up liquid, with a nail
brush, but doesn't have any effect.
Any advice on this one would be mucho appreciado

good luck out there in the big bad world.........
Ken

..
e$$.
z$$$$$
4$$$$$$$
4$$$$$$$b
'$$$$$$$$F
4$$$$$$$$$. +---------------------------------+
4$$$$$$$$$$ | Ken McCullagh |
4$$$$$$$$$$F | S.S. Engineering (CD) |
4$$$$$$$$$$$ | kjmc...@alf2.tcd.ie |
4$$$$$$$$$$$L | DUWC Homepage: |
4$$$$$$$$$$$$ | www2.tcd.ie/Clubs/Windsurfing |
4$$$$$$$$$$$$F | _ |
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ | (o) Neil Pryde |
$$^_^$$$$$$$$$r | + |
$ (o) $$$$$$$$$L | m' Mistral |
$$...$$$$$$$$$$r +---------------------------------+
r--------------r
'$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$F
3$$$$$$$$$$$$$F
"$$$$$$$$$$$$
-*$$$$$$$$
,-, ,-, """$$ _,
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$7^
\$$)
)$)
$$

WARDOG

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

* Expose your unit to the sun...... until it gets warm and starts to
melt.
* Rub your unit VERY GENTLY......with mineral spirits.
* Nylon brush with Simple Green and H20.
* Tell your buddy to wax his own stick.

AlanNC44

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

How would a heat gun or hair dryer do?

%$!*^#&#! ( the sound of my foot in my mouth)

Nick Kies

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998 10:48:18 +0000, Kenneth McCullagh
<kjmc...@alf2.tcd.ie> wrote:

>I have a problem with Sex Wax - the guy who owned my screamer before me

I haven't tried this on sex wax, but it works on candle wax on the
carpet. Take a towel (use an old one so your girlfriend doesn't get
mad) and put it over the waxy spot and use something to heat it with,
I think a hot iron would work pretty good. The wax will suck into to
towel toward the heat.

laurent gremet

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

you just have to clean your board with white spirit
bye
lou

Charles Lategano

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

Fill the teakettle with water, bring to a near boil, pour hot
water over wax, wipe clean with a rag.

Charles

Sailing PCM Designs (Clark foam/Polyester Resin, Hydro Hull)
Hot GRD sails and $99 Booms.
Why? - the sailor not the equipment makes the difference

TomBuckOb2

Feb 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/26/98

<how to get sex-wax off>

A hot shower (after) usually does the trick

Tom O'Brien - Chicago

Yngve Andersen

Feb 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/26/98

White Spirit should do the trick.
However - any possibility that you end up removing more than you intend -
e.g. some of the polyester or epoxy?

Bye
Yngve

laurent gremet

Feb 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/26/98

absolutely not
you just have to display it with a cloth and scrub off the wax
when it's completely dissolved you take it off with a clean cloth
i've been practising it for 20 years on all kinds of surfboards and windsurf
it's so easy you'll be amazed
don't worry ken it's 100% safe
if not let the devil destroy my F2 axxis 268 !
hi from marseille
lou

Cris Pavloff

Feb 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/26/98

I thought the XXX problem was taken care of!

BTW, SARCASM

Laurence Robinson

Feb 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/26/98

RE:

>I have a problem with Sex Wax

If you can work out a way of freezing the wax it will virtually fall
off.

--
Laurence Robinson

TomBuckOb2

Feb 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/27/98

>RE:
>>I have a problem with Sex Wax
>
>If you can work out a way of freezing the wax it will virtually fall
>off.

Work out a way of freezing . . . Just stick it outside overnight (around here)

Anthony Boesen

Feb 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/27/98
to Kenneth McCullagh

Kenneth McCullagh wrote:

> I have a problem with Sex Wax - the guy who owned my screamer before me
> put Sexwax on the deck, between the mast track and the straps. Maybe a
> good idea at the time, but as time goes on, it gets less sticky and more
> slippy, as dirt and stuff sticks to it.
> it also looke TERRIBLE - it's all black. Also I need to get it off 2 Bic
> Malibu surfboards. I tried hot water and washing up liquid, with a nail
> brush, but doesn't have any effect.
> Any advice on this one would be mucho appreciado
>
> good luck out there in the big bad world.........
> Ken

Go to a good automotive body supply store. I have seen a liquid that is
used to remove wax from fiberglass. I can not remember the name. Good
Luck.

Peter Traykovski

Feb 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/27/98

TomBuckOb2 wrote:

> >RE:

> >>I have a problem with Sex Wax

Well it's not the most non-toxic solution, but a little gasoline on a rag gets it
right off. I'm sure some less toxic solvents would also work.
-Peter

Wolfgang Soergel

Feb 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/27/98

White Spirit should be ok, a very versatile but still harmless
solvent. It does dissolve liquid epoxy however (great to wash out
brushes etc, normal paint tinner doesn't do the trick here)
so make at least sure the board isn't brand spanking new and
not yet 100 % cured. Otherwise, no problem.

--
Wolfgang

jus...@21century.com.au

Mar 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/2/98

Peter Traykovski wrote:

> > >RE:

if you havn't tried pouring hot water from the kettle over it then i'd
give that a go.

KarabaszJP

Mar 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/4/98

GAS will remove it

Tomas Brattberg

Mar 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/4/98

I“ve used ordinary Degreaser type of fluid for cars, both on a
polyethylene board (Tiga) and on different Epoxy boards. After a
thorough wash with Ajax in warm water after the degreaser, all boards
has come out all right. Dunno if I“ll notice something later on...