satellite dish in Canada

Lu Wei

Sep 19, 2023, 3:47:33 AM9/19/23
I read in a lease contract that they forbid installing satellite dish on
balconies. Is it normal in Canada? What is the reason or legal foundation?

--
Regards,
Lu Wei

JAB

Sep 30, 2023, 2:54:55 PM9/30/23
On Tue, 19 Sep 2023 15:47:13 +0800, Lu Wei <luwe...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I read in a lease contract that they forbid installing satellite dish on
>balconies. Is it normal in Canada? What is the reason or legal foundation?

In US: " For example, a lease restriction that forbids tenants from
damaging the balcony floor when installing an antenna is likely to be
permissible."
https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/installing-consumer-owned-antennas-and-satellite-dishes

Hence in US, "damaging the balcony floor"

What does the lease say?

Concrete blocks might be used....sitting blocks on the balcony.

Lu Wei

Oct 4, 2023, 7:32:48 AM10/4/23
The lease does not give any reason. And I won't fix the dish antenna
using concrete or anything -- I like to switch satellites.