Lamonica is BACK!

Gary Bourgois

Sep 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/8/97

Check out http://www.lamonica.com

Sundays on G4. The website says transponder 14, but he was actually
on 10. Mind you, he is using a full video uplink, not just a
subcarrier. The video is a slate.

So much for rumors of his demise.

This coming sunday the topic will be 4DTV.

Gary Bourgois, WB8EOH fl...@fnl.net
Marquette Michigan, the Land that Time Forgot
Friday Night Live on GE-1, Transponder 6, 5.80 Wideband audio
8PM (Pregame Comedy)9PM (FNL Newshour)10PM (Listener Call-In)
OR Hear the RealAudio Replay ANY time at: http://www.fnl.net
FNL MultiMedia Satellite Page:(MOVING!)http://www.webb-stuff.com/fnl/
Voice Message: (906) 228-3275 Fax: (906) 228-7477

Al Carnali

Sep 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/8/97

For those of us that are new to this.... who or what is Lamonica?

Jerry Brandt

Sep 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/9/97

fl...@fnl.net (Gary Bourgois) writes: > Check out http://www.lamonica.com

> Sundays on G4. The website says transponder 14, but he was actually
> on 10. Mind you, he is using a full video uplink, not just a
> subcarrier. The video is a slate.
>
> So much for rumors of his demise.
>
> This coming sunday the topic will be 4DTV.
>

> Gary Bourgois, WB8EOH fl...@fnl.net
> Marquette Michigan, the Land that Time Forgot
> Friday Night Live on GE-1, Transponder 6, 5.80 Wideband audio
> 8PM (Pregame Comedy)9PM (FNL Newshour)10PM (Listener Call-In)
> OR Hear the RealAudio Replay ANY time at: http://www.fnl.net
> FNL MultiMedia Satellite Page:(MOVING!)http://www.webb-stuff.com/fnl/
> Voice Message: (906) 228-3275 Fax: (906) 228-7477

OH GOODIE GOODIE GOODIE
NOW WE ARE STUCK WITH TWO OF YOU

jm dolan

Sep 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/16/97

>For those of us that are new to this.... who or what is Lamonica?

Lamonica is a convicted felon who preyed upon unsuspecting home dish owners
back when HBO started making the skys go dark. He promised everything to
everyone, collected every dime he could from everyone he could, and then
quickly vanished when people finally figured-out he wasn't really interested
in helping dish owners as much as he was interested in helping himself.

He is probably the biggest single reason home dish owners could never get
together and get any legislation passed. After he left the scene somebody
else came along and got legislation going.

I'm not saying you shouldn't tune in but just keep your wallet in your pocket.

Mike Knight

Sep 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/17/97

jm dolan <jmd...@dishnews.com> wrote:

That 'someone else' was Chuck Dawson. Remember the K-Sat army? They did
a lot of good for the satellite industry back in the late 80's.

Another good radio show host back then was Harry Thibideau.

Then there were some video shows...the late Sean Kenny's "Boresight" on
the old F4 satellite (it was a weekly video show co-hosted by Karen
Howes).

And there was a video show I was involved in 'behind-the-scenes'...the
AHSA had a show hosted by Hans Giner and with tech segments by Richard
Maddox.

Lamonica wasn't the only one with a show back then.

Jerry Fisher

Sep 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/18/97

Right ON!! Lammonica did little for the industry except give it a bad name. Shawn
Kenny was also a convicted signal pirate. I have heard in serveral hacker circles
that Dawson played both sides of the fence and was a priate as well.
Does anybody remember they guy that did an uplink from this motor home I think the
name of his show was "Sunday Night Satellite"?? He was from Texas and was pitching a
line of household cleaning products .

fk...@{nospam}airmail.net

Sep 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/22/97

On Wed, 17 Sep 1997 18:37:44 -0500, mikn...@wworld.com (Mike Knight)
wrote:

>That 'someone else' was Chuck Dawson. Remember the K-Sat army? They did
>a lot of good for the satellite industry back in the late 80's.

Possibly. Could anyone list the accomplishments of the CSAT/KSAT
Committee of 435? I am trying to think of what we actually
accomplished besides getting a lot of secretaries with fax machines in
the 202 area code to make extra trips to Office Depot for new paper.
Maybe I'm wrong about this. We barked a great deal. I know there was
a lot of pulpit thumping. I know I got a lot of snotty letters from
Reagan-era government people. Oh, I don't know. Maybe we changed the
world. Who knows.

>Lamonica wasn't the only one with a show back then.

True. Has he been making claims that he was the only show in town?
That's sort of like a more recent "family" making claims that they
were the ones making the big fight for TVRO rights when in fact they
were not around back then.

As to TVRO radio, well, recently Nero fiddled while Rome burned and
now Caligula came back to town and now.....WHAT?!! I dunno. Come on
barkey, another shot of that third red eye....

GOON 32

Sep 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/22/97

lamonica is great, hey everyone at least he is spreading the word that c
band is not dead and wants all existing c band subscribers to tell all
people who are going the minidish route that they should reconsider.ALL WE
NEED NOW IS A GOOD DIGITAL RECIEVER AND C BAND WILL BE TRUELY BACK TO FORM!
Start spreading the word we want c band to stay forever! where else can you
find live backhauls, some pretty crazy video that no one see's every day,
that only tvro people can see.

Gary Bourgois

Sep 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/23/97

On 9 Sep 1997 02:21:35 GMT, Jerry Brandt <jbr...@npwt.net> wrote:

>OH GOODIE GOODIE GOODIE
>NOW WE ARE STUCK WITH TWO OF YOU

Uh. Jerry, you should really get a professional to look at your sat
system. It is beyond me why it automatically goes to GE1 on Fridays
and G4 on Sunday.

And who is the dominatrix that ties you up and FORCES you to listen to
these objectional programs.

Hey, some people just don't get it.

I am glad I am not stuck with cable TV. It comes to my house. I get
all channels, including premiums for FREE because of a successful
lawsuit.

And you know what?

For some strange reason I never watch it. Nobody makes me. I don't
want to. I don't like the programming. I don't watch it.

You should really try getting the same capability at your place.

The device that makes it possible is called an OFF BUTTON. I had
wrongly assumed all satellite receivers had one, but I now stand
corrected.

By the way THIS WEEK ON FNL, Digital TV you can afford during our TECH
HOUR. THE solution. Don't pay all that money for a 4DTV box until
you catch this week's program with special guest Mike Kohl of Global
Communications.

I don't often get to read the group, and certainly don't keep up with
most of the threads here.

All hate mail is cheerefully directed to device >NUL

I don't know about YOU Jerry, but I am having FUN with MY C-Band
System.

Sure I have all the anti Lamonica tapes and documentation. That does
not mean I can't enjoy his program, which I do.

Just what are YOU doing to support TVRO. I give freely of my time. I
lose money every week because of the work I do for the industry. I
don't care.

When life gives you onions, make onionade.

When you are in a pickle go to the kitchen and make more (Just canned
up 3 quarts of pickles and 3 quarts of hot peppers. The veggie Stand
closed today, (sigh).

Have fun, you get to ride this ride we call life only once. No time
for getting upset about ANYTHING.

Live each day as if it is your last, Jerry old buddy and one day you
will be right........