Ulead DVD Workshop error

beebo

Jan 12, 2004, 9:04:33 PM1/12/04
I was using DVDit PE but it won't let me do anything but a cDVD, and I can't
play that on a standard settop DVD playr, so I switched to Ulead DVD
Workshop. I seems to create giant files, so my 1.9DB RIPS end up taking up
most of the DVD - what a pain. OK, I'll settle for one movie per DVD. I ran
it over night, and woke up to find the following error message:
<begin error>
Failed to convert video
Error: 80041C21

[13006:1:60]
<end error>

Any clues as to what I'm doing wrong? Should I try a 3rd program? By the
way, if anyone is going to suggest different formats of MPG or anything too
technical, please elaborate, I'm a real newbie.

Thanks.

beebo

Jerry Jones

Feb 2, 2004, 7:03:37 PM2/2/04
To avoid re-encoding in Ulead DVD Workshop 1.3, you must adjust the
PROJECT SETTINGS to precisely match the properties of your source
media.

For example, I sometimes work with MPEG files that have the following
precise video/audio properties:

NTSC drop frame (29.97 fps)
MPEG files
24 Bits, 704 x 480, 29.97 fps
Field Order B
(DVD-NTSC), 4 : 3
Video data rate: Variable (8800 kbps)
Audio data rate: 256 kbps
MPEG audio layer 2, 48 KHz, Stereo

When I get to the MAKE DISC stage in Ulead DVD Workshop, I check the
DO NOT CONVERT COMLIANT FILES check box.

I also adjust my MAKE DISC custom settings by click the GENERAL and
COMPRESSION tabs and making sure that all encode settings match the
properties of my source media.

When I do this, no re-encoding of my source media occurs.

As soon as I click the START button, the application goes immediately
to the video/audio multiplexing stage.

Jerry Jones
http://www.jonesgroup.net

Jerry Jones