DVD+RW verify errors

1 view

AB

Dec 28, 2003, 1:46:51 PM12/28/03
I am using ECDC 6 Basic with updates and Win98SE with a NEC ND-1100A
drive, and am having some problems burning UDF sessions, i.e. data
backup, to DVD+RW disks. The firmware is 1.A0.

1. With a new disk, if I write less than about 4GB, the write and
verify steps work well, but if I try to write more than about 4GB of
data, there are verify errors, even though the write process seemed to
work correctly.

2. If I erase and re-write, then, or at least so far, no verify errors
are found.

I have tried using different, NEC recommended media, i.e. Ricoh and
Verbatim, but it doesn't matter.

Has anyone seen this behavior before? Is there some reason why a +RW
disk appears to need to be used once to near capacity before it can be
filled to capacity without errors? I can burn the same project(s) to a
+R disk with no problems. Note that if you do not enable the Verify
After Write option, this behavior won't be seen.

Is anyone using the NEC ND-1000A or ND-1300A drives? They are very
similar to the ND-1100A.

Thanks.
send any email replies to: brewst2 dont_include_this at yahoo dot com