Test Mods for Jerrold

John

Aug 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/19/98
Newest Automatic multimode design. Reads system site code and programs it
into your converter. Your after market converter thinks it's a system unit.
Catches all Multimode jumps. Hrc/Std, does not shut down. Anywhere. Single
chip design, means lower cost to the consumer. Thicker circuit board
construction. Price: 10.00 each in 25 lots. The most advanced to date.

Mapped Jerrold Multimodes. Your area map. Orders over 50 recieve free
mapping for their area.

Florida design: For all of those Test Mods NOT working in the Florida Area.
2200 series.

Standard automatic multimodes.
Standard push button multimodes
Basic R2/V5 test Mods....Non Multimode

cable...@hotmail.com

PHANTOM

Aug 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/19/98
HI THERE

we sell cubes in the Uk. have you got anything interesting for UK pal system?

thanks

phantom

magic...@magicboxes.com

Aug 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/19/98
Thats exactly what the 4-wire quick board do now!

ONLY capturing the site-code. The chip is a pic16c622 - INCAPABLE of modifying
the Jerrold data stream on the fly.

(your picture looks like a three wire.)

The problem with JUST capturing the SiteCode is the fact that the ONLY way you
can set that up is IF YOU MAKE THE DSN the Jerrold Default.

Without entering a serial number at that point thats all your doing.

As a lot of dealers now know ... Cable Companies are shutting down the default
DSN.

Your mod works as follows:

Sends out commands until jerrold box DSN IS the default.
Capture the site code.
Program the site code into the box.
Send data to the Jerrold (as in our T2 source list on our page) to turn on
channels.
Let data go through to box for so many seconds.
Then send data, etc..

The problem is the DSN in the box is ther default.

The cable company can send various commands to annoy the user all the time
like:

11 FD 4D E0 BF 7F 3E 1F 0F 7F 7F 7F 7F 00 17 63 63 42 FF FF FF - sets channel
map configuration .

They then upload to ALL default subscribers (as none of their own is ever
default) a channel map of ONE channel.

Your module cannot correct that.

Jim
http://www.magicboxes.com

(Anyone wanting the above mod with a REAL DYNAMIC DSN , site code, boot up
procedure, we sell that chip for $8UA ea/qty 10!

In article <6reh71$ll9$1...@news1.epix.net>,

"John" <cable...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Newest Automatic multimode design. Reads system site code and programs it
> into your converter. Your after market converter thinks it's a system unit.
> Catches all Multimode jumps. Hrc/Std, does not shut down. Anywhere. Single
> chip design, means lower cost to the consumer. Thicker circuit board
> construction. Price: 10.00 each in 25 lots. The most advanced to date.
>
> Mapped Jerrold Multimodes. Your area map. Orders over 50 recieve free
> mapping for their area.
>
> Florida design: For all of those Test Mods NOT working in the Florida Area.
> 2200 series.
>
> Standard automatic multimodes.
> Standard push button multimodes
> Basic R2/V5 test Mods....Non Multimode
>
> cable...@hotmail.com

John

Aug 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/19/98
But then why does it work???????????? EVERYWHERE??????????

It uses the same board as the 3 wire. FSK in is on pin 6. So far I haven't
found a system it did not work on. But then it wasn't tested on every system
in the country. I have faith in my product though. I hope you enjoy playing
with the codes I sent. Well, just maybe the cube program

magic...@magicboxes.com wrote in message
<6retoj$pde$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...