Jerrold 'F' Key Functions

Jim Ford

Dec 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/11/97

We have a Jerrold Impulse 7000 model DP71.

Does anyone know what pressing the 'F' key then 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 does?
The display
changes when these are pressed after the 'F' key.

Just curious.

Jim Ford

Jim Ford

Dec 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/11/97

Jason Tatro

Dec 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/11/97

Jim,

Those are the self diagnostics for that converter. Really useless for
the average person, but very helpful for us techs. F1 will tell wether
a signal is being received, and whether or not the barker frequency is
coming in. Fmute will restore the volume control to it top level....and
so on.

Jason

K�ヲ+h Kァ「hヲ」ミ

Dec 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/12/97

In article <66q3e3$8qd$1...@newsd-142.iap.bryant.webtv.net>, jtele...@webtv.net (Jim Ford) wrote:
>We have a Jerrold Impulse 7000 model DP71.
>
>Does anyone know what pressing the 'F' key then 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 does?
>The display
>changes when these are pressed after the 'F' key.
>
>Just curious.
>
>Jim Ford

Here is a list of test codes for the JERROLD / GI
IMPULSE 7000 RF & BB units
Press the following F key & Digit:::

F 1 = Dynamic Diagnostics
This mode permits the monitoring of the descrambler,
the fm reciever,fm signal.
________________
- - - -
- 1 - - 2 - <<<<<-----DISPLAY
- - - -
- -A - -B
________________

Indicator A= on when unit sees a purchasable event
Indicator B= on when unit is addressed over the FM Data
Digit 1= State of the Descrambler<>Digit 2= State of the FM Reciever
C= Clear Channel O= Fm Data "OK"
S= Scrambled Channel E= Fm Data "ERROR"
b= Barker Channel
-= Disconnected

F 2 = Serial Number & Firmware Version

1st Number = Place Made 00=Japan 01=Taiwan
2nd Number = Year Made 1X (X=last digit of year) ie. 15=1985
3rd Number = Month Made 20=A=Jan 21=B=Feb 22=C=March 23=D=April
24=E=May 25=F=June 26=G=July 27=H=Augest
28=J=Sept 29=K=Oct 2A=L=Nov 2b=M=Dec
4th - 10th Numbers are the SERIAL NUMBER

Then you will see the Firmware Versions

F 3 = Firmwares i=Internal Firmware r=Expanision ROM version

F 4 = STATE Diagnostic Mode

Digit 1= r=Recieving DATA Digit 2 =O=Data "OK"
-=Idle E=DATA "ERROR"
t=Transmitting Data (2-way only)

F 5 = STATUS Diagnostic Mode
Alternating Display of the FREQUENCY & LEVEL
There are 16 different differnet Levels (0-9 A-F)

F 9 = CLOCK
Toggles clock On / Off

F 0 = Error Code

E0 = Normal
E1 = Reset Time Out or Good FM packet not recieved
E4 = Illegal Converter
E5 = Converter has default Address-Initialize again
E7 = Faulty ROM or wrong Initialization process
E8 = Site Code Error
E9 = Bad check pattern in Non-Volatile Memory
EA = Invalid serial number ( wrong checksum )

Enjoy,
Keith

|==================================================>
| Ke...@unix.asb.com == SLIP-PPP Internet Address
| Ke...@asb.com == BBS Internet Address
| Http://www.asb.com/usr/keith == WWW Page URL Address
| Kni...@compuserve.com == Compuserve Internet Address
| Fkni...@suffolk.lib.ny.us == My Free Internet Shell Account
| N2...@amsat.org == HAM Radio AMSAT EMail
| N2...@KC2FD.NY.USA.NA == Ham Radio AX25 Packet Address
|==================================================>

RFslacker

Dec 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/17/97

Jim Ford wrote:

> We have a Jerrold Impulse 7000 model DP71.
>
> Does anyone know what pressing the 'F' key then 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 does?
> The display
> changes when these are pressed after the 'F' key.
>
> Just curious.
>
> Jim Ford

ok

F1 = no clue
f2 = boxes serial number and firmware version
f3 = firware version
F4 = visual representation of the data pilot (press F4 the disconnect
the cable)
f5 = the return freq and the level the box is set to transmit back on
(2-way only)
f9 = turns on the clock (some boxes only)

Techno

Dec 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/17/97

F1 is one way diagnostics and tells you weither your on a C=Clear
B=Barker and S=Scrambled channel. The second digit shows you the
condition of the data stream E=Error and O=OK.

Techno