Magicboxes releases RS232 Jerrold Logger to the public!

3c...@my-dejanews.com

Nov 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/9/98
PRESS RELEASE - November 7,1998

As Steve and friends have become a bit annoying on this newsgroup (and to my
company) so it's ONLY fair to return the courtesy. I have decided to release
a clean Jerrold Data logger that will plug into ANY GI set top (both US and
UK) and capture the data and format it nicely.... It will also read all data
out of ANY cube and test chip! (Below is the datastream from the Phantom
cube).

I promised diescammer a couple of months ago I would post this unit and now I
am.

Included is:

Full commented source (bug free - unlike Jerbust)
Full object files (bug free - unlike Jerbust)
Full PC application with formatting (unlike Jerbust).

This unit flawlessly captures continuous data with only 1 PIC, 1 8Mhz xtal,
and two 22pF capacitors. Plug it into PIn 3 of RS232 port (and pin 7 gnd of
course) and enjoy the education!

As this is falling under the 3-chip non-profit project it would be appreciated
if you sent $50 for the registered version. All monies collected go into the
non-profit project which develops devices like this!

Registered users get: Updated program with continuous capturing... Live
commented
basic Jerrold commands. Boot up procedure extractions. and other updates via
e-mail.

This project is under http://www.magicboxes.com/boot.htm (and yes, I'll get
the source up for the magicboot as well).

This package would NOT be complete without an internal ESN finder. We will
upload that tomorrow.

If you are having problems with your current test-chip supplier and want a
long-term solution with custom code on the fly then contact us today. We will
keep your customers up!

As there is no WAY for the cable company to determine WHO is reading the
datastream maybe some people can upload 5-10 minute samples here! If you are
interested in us developing your test chips then please SEND US A SAMPLE. We
will write anything.

Sample of the data this unit produces:

(below is the Phantom cube data stream)

Magicboxes - Jerrold Data Logger v0.1 - Jim Borden - 1998(c)
Unregistered version, contact us for other PC-type Jerrold Control software
Need custom test chips? Contact us! http://www.magicboxes.com

3 FD 6E 92 FF FF FF FF FF
11 FD 4D E0 80 76 0 B 0 2A 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 9A FF FF FF FF FF
8 FD 49 E0 80 76 0 0 DC FF FF FF FF FF
FD 50 E0 80 76 0 0 D5 FF FF FF FF FF
E8 E0 80 76 0 FF 3C FF FF FF FF
7 E9 E0 80 76 0 FF 3B FF FF FF FF
7 EA E0 80 76 0 FF 3A FF FF FF FF
7 EB E0 80 76 0 FF 39 FF FF FF FF
7 EC E0 80 76 0 FF 38 FF FF FF FF
7 ED E0 80 76 0 FF 37 FF FF FF FF
7 EE E0 80 76 0 FF 36 FF FF FF FF
7 EF E0 80 76 0 FF 35 FF FF FF FF
7 F0 E0 80 76 0 FF 34 FF FF FF FF
7 F1 E0 80 76 0 FF 33 FF FF FF FF
7 F2 E0 80 76 0 FF 32 FF FF FF FF
7 F3 E0 80 76 0 FF 31 FF FF FF FF
7 F4 E0 80 76 0 FF 30 FF FF FF FF
7 F5 E0 80 76 0 FF 2F FF FF FF FF
7 F6 E0 80 76 0 FF 2E FF FF FF FF
7 F7 E0 80 76 0 FF 2D FF FF FF FF
9 FD B0 E8 E0 80 76 0 FF 8D FF FF FF FF
9 FD B1 E9 E0 80 76 0 FF 8B FF FF FF FF
9 FD B2 EA E0 80 76 0 FF 89 FF FF FF FF
9 FD B3 EB E0 80 76 0 FF 87 FF FF FF FF
9 FD B4 EC E0 80 76 0 FF 85 FF FF FF FF
9 FD B5 ED E0 80 76 0 FF 83 FF FF FF FF
9 FD B6 EE E0 80 76 0 FF 81 FF FF FF FF
9 FD B7 EF E0 80 76 0 FF 7F FF FF FF FF
9 FD B8 F0 E0 80 76 0 FF 7D FF FF FF FF
9 FD B9 F1 E0 80 76 0 FF 7B FF FF FF FF
9 FD BA F2 E0 80 76 0 FF 79 FF FF FF FF
9 FD BB F3 E0 80 76 0 FF 77 FF FF FF FF
9 FD BC F4 E0 80 76 0 FF 75 FF FF FF FF
9 FD BD F5 E0 80 76 0 FF 73 FF FF FF FF
9 FD BE F6 E0 80 76 0 FF 71 FF FF FF FF
9 FD BF F7 E0 80 76 0 FF

(registered version comments known commands and has an expandable database for
new ones).

*** This of course is for educational purposes ;-) and General
Instruments,Jerrold is only refered to for identification purposes.

Jim Borden
http://www.magicboxes.com

J1235

Nov 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/9/98
I was just waiting for this program. I thought it would be easy to
build one. But I have no idea how you setup the com to receive in
13888 bps, the Rs232 can only log in discrete ranges.BTW, can you
put some sort of glossary for some of use that are not familiar with
the terminology (PICS, what is a test chip, etc).

Regards,

-J

3c...@my-dejanews.com

Nov 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/9/98
In article <36486f72...@news.overnet.com.ar>,

microte...@geocities.com (J1235) wrote:
> I was just waiting for this program. I thought it would be easy to
> build one. But I have no idea how you setup the com to receive in
> 13888 bps, the Rs232 can only log in discrete ranges.BTW, can you
> put some sort of glossary for some of use that are not familiar with
> the terminology (PICS, what is a test chip, etc).

I am happy - you will enjoy it!

I am putting online a complete list of data jumpers SO ANYONE can read the
data and start making chips and cubes.

I will be putting up a glossary soon with links so people with little
knowledge of electronics will be able to build test chips and cubes.

Jim
http://www.magicboxes.com

hom...@my-dejanews.com

Nov 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/10/98
What part of Steve's complaint was false or illegal?

>"Magicboxes" <magic...@magicboxes.com> wrote:

>Steve Glendening knowingly lied in
>his complaint and will have to pay the price.

In article <725c50$r5$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,

no-no spam

Nov 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/11/98
On Tue, 10 Nov 1998 23:17:42 GMT, hom...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

>What part of Steve's complaint was false or illegal?

hommer1,

If Steve is innocent, then where has he gone. If Jim is guilty of a
crime, then why is he free. Me thinks you don't know!

merce...@hotmail.com

Nov 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/11/98
In article <72ahim$bct$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,

hom...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
> What part of Steve's complaint was false or illegal?

Number 28 RAINMAN!!