'All Seasons Travel and Resorts' - a scam?

not-my-...@not-here.com

Feb 12, 2003, 5:57:53 PM2/12/03
A while back, my daughter filled out one of these 'win a holiday'
entries on a website (she forgets where).

Today we got a call from a representative of a company called 'All
Seasons Travel and Resorts' advising us that we had won a holiday in
Orlando (we're in the UK).

They pointed us at this website http://www.aseasonstravel.com/ .

We did not get all the details, but apparently we would be asked to put
up £600 towards the cost (not sure what that was for ... accommodation /
travel...)

Accommodation would be at the 'Radisson' .... not sure if that's the
hotel of the same name (which is in Orlando) or the 'Radisson Vacation
Villas' referred to on the suspiciously vague web site.

I'm 99% sure this is either an outright scam, or a timeshare sales
operation.
The company are calling us back tomorrow at 1800 GMT.

Does anyone else have experience of this outfit? A web search reveals
similar-sounding companies having been involved in this kind of racket.

Any info would be useful - I don't want to be rude if it's a genuine
offer but experience tells me that this is one to pass up!

Regards
Phil

Matt Robertson

Feb 12, 2003, 6:19:07 PM2/12/03

<not-my-...@not-here.com> wrote in message

> They pointed us at this website http://www.aseasonstravel.com/ .
>
> We did not get all the details, but apparently we would be asked to put
> up Ł600 towards the cost (not sure what that was for ... accommodation /
> travel...)

So you've 'won' the holiday, but you've got to pay for it? Don't bother,
it's a scam.

Regards,

Matt.

Peter L

Feb 12, 2003, 6:23:44 PM2/12/03
Listen to your experience.

Also never fill out those forms again.

> A while back, my daughter filled out one of these 'win a holiday'
> entries on a website (she forgets where).
>
> Today we got a call from a representative of a company called 'All
> Seasons Travel and Resorts' advising us that we had won a holiday in
> Orlando (we're in the UK).
>
> They pointed us at this website http://www.aseasonstravel.com/ .
>
> We did not get all the details, but apparently we would be asked to put

> up Ł600 towards the cost (not sure what that was for ... accommodation /

not-my-...@not-here.com

Feb 12, 2003, 6:46:46 PM2/12/03

Matt Robertson wrote:

Well ... <switches off common sense for a mo.. > - if it WERE genuine, Ł600
for a family of 4 would be good value.

<returns to reality...> ... but life ain't like that!

Phil

Aramis

Feb 12, 2003, 11:45:36 PM2/12/03
Rune Away....Run away!

> A while back, my daughter filled out one of these 'win a holiday'
> entries on a website (she forgets where).
>
> Today we got a call from a representative of a company called 'All
> Seasons Travel and Resorts' advising us that we had won a holiday in
> Orlando (we're in the UK).
>
> They pointed us at this website http://www.aseasonstravel.com/ .
>
> We did not get all the details, but apparently we would be asked to put

> up Ł600 towards the cost (not sure what that was for ... accommodation /

jineroo

Apr 27, 2004, 10:02:14 AM4/27/04
..and yet they still continue.
We too received exactly the same call today (27/4/04) with exactly the
same sales pitch! They were sooooo persistent and wanted our credit card
details soooooo bad! We insisted that they send us an email with all the
details or fax us the forms to fill in rather than a transaction over the
phone. Of course this was not possible - they use a....wait for
it...voice recognition system to validate the authorisation!!!! They are a
travel company(??) that can afford a voice-recognition system but cannot
afford to implement a secure payment link on their website...hmmm find
that hard to believe!

If we did not commit to the holiday there and then, then the deal was off
and we would have to pay full price....sure thing!! We then checked out
their website and I was amazed how little information was available - do a
search on the Company in small print at the bottom of the home page and
coincidentally you'll be directed to another page that looks remarkably
similar in design to the aseasons home page...they may also have changed
their links over a period of time.
This appears to be a scam of the highest magnitude and if any of you good,
honest U.S people are tuned in then please report them to whatever
authority is responsible for policing scam companies.

Never, never, never under any circumstances part with your financial
credentials over the phone to an unknown entity no matter how good the
deal sounds (especially if it sounds too good to be true- it inevitably
will be) and especially from a company(??) that refuses to validate their
company profile, nor offer you alternative payment arrangements, or are so
persistent/desperate to get your details and further, rudely refuse your
right to query their legitimacy!
I took heart knowing that it must have cost them an arm and a leg
communicating to our mobile phone for a period of an hour or so!!