Orly into city?

B&AEkstrom

Jan 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/9/99
We will be arriving at Orly and would like to know the
best/least expensive way to get into Paris from there.
Specifically to 5th arr. We have a hotel booked in that
district and we are hoping that we can come in via a train
or bus and then take a taxi from the station to the hotel.
Will this work? What train/bus? Where do we catch it at
Orly? Where do we buy the tickets? Of course, we will have
luggage to deal with since we are coming to Europe for a
3-month stay. Any help will be appreciated. TIA
Audrey

Hamilton

Jan 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/9/99
In article <36977FCC...@earthlink.net>, B&AEkstrom
<itch...@earthlink.net> wrote:

How many is we? When my husband, daughter and I went from Orly to
the Latin Quarter, we took a cab and it cost us less per person than
our friends paid taking a bus, then transferring to the subway and then
walking 6 blocks with their luggage to our hotel. With a lot of
luggage, a few extra bucks on a cab might we well worth it especialy
if you are 3 or 4 people.

B&AEkstrom

Jan 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/10/99
There will be 2 of us. We already plan to take a cab from
the metro, station, etc. once we get into Paris. I would
think a cab all the way from Orly into Paris would be quite
expensive for 2 persons wouldn't it?

MFoss46649

Jan 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/10/99
I'm not sure from Orly as we came into Chs.DeG. but from what is reported on
board I would guess $50-75.00 total should cover a cab from airport- If you are
dragging lots of luggage, I would think it would be a bargain after a long
flight- there areAir France buses that drop you at a couple of points in the
city-

s bouillet

Jan 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/11/99
If you want to save money (the cab is a bit expensive) take the Air France
Buses.
There is a departure every 15 minutes and it cost only 45 Francs for each
passenger.
The buses are on the right when you exit the orly airport (white and blue
confortable buses, you must see it). Then, go into the one which can leave
you to "Montparnasse"...After, ask the driver for the best stop for you.
After, you will just have to take a cab or the metro (tube) (the best way to
move in paris is the metro ....cheaper and faster).

Hope this helps.

Sebastien Bouillet

B&AEkstrom

Jan 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/11/99
Thanks. You've all sent great info. I think I misspoke
when I mentioned luggage. We'll each have one piece on
wheels and a carry-on. We've learned from previous trips
not to take more than we can comfortably carry. We've found
though that most city busses can't accommodate any luggage
very
well. There's no place to put it. Some airport busses have
a spot where everybody places their bags. Is this the case
for the Orly-Paris bus?

Richard

Jan 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/11/99
Last time I was there, I took the VAL driverless light rail shuttle from Orly
to its terminus at an RER express metro stop, then the RER into Paris. I
believe there is a station at St. Michel on that line , from which a cab to
the 5th would be a short ride. This is probably the fastest and cheapest way,
but with luggage perhaps not the most convenient.

s bouillet

Jan 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/12/99
Yes, Air France Buses accept your heavy luggages. There are special places
for it under the bus....and an agent will carry it into the bus for you.

B&AEkstrom

Jan 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/12/99
Thanks everyone, for all your great answers. I feel
confident now that we will be able to find our way from Orly
into Paris. You're all great!

Slcccb

Jan 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/24/99
very expensive. the train (RER) goes to Orley and will be just a fraction of
the cost of a cab. I'll be in Paris in March and wouldn't think of taking a
cab. >We already plan to take a cab from

>the metro, station, etc. once we get into Paris.

There is a metro station within about 3 blocks of anywhere you want to go in
Paris.

Robert Carpenter

Jan 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/24/99

While the bus or RER is much cheaper than a cab for one treveller, you
may find that, if you have three people, the cab's greater convenience
makes up for the (smaller) price difference.

Robert Buxbaum

Jan 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/24/99

One more thought on the subject. So many people respond to this newsgroup
with an assummption that their style of travel is the one reasonable way
to go. Many travelers would cheerfully pay twenty bucks not to have to
deal with several suitcases on the subway. Over the years I've traveled
with different budgets and different goals and come to respect the
differences. At times I've lugged all manner of baggage on urban transit
to save less than what I might, at other times, tip a bell hop for carry
the same bags fifty feet. There's ample opportunity to regret the effort
or the cost and the same opportunity to reflect on having the strength or
finances to do either with comfort and ease. Here's to more
non-judgemental responses.

--
---------------------------
new URL <www.worldtable.com> Food, Wine, & Travel - recent revisions

Michael Forrest

Jan 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/24/99
In article <bux-240199...@arcts1p50.port.net>, Robert Buxbaum
<b...@worldtable.com> writes

> Here's to more
>non-judgemental responses.

That is certainly a good idea in the sense that I too react unfavourably
when someone says someone else must be an idiot to do something a
partiular way rather than the posters favourite way.

However quite a lot of questions are posted that ask "what is the best
way" and that can hardly be answered without being judgemental.
--
Michael Forrest

Hamilton

Jan 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/24/99

> Slcccb wrote:
> >
> > very expensive. the train (RER) goes to Orley and will be just a
fraction of
> > the cost of a cab. I'll be in Paris in March and wouldn't think of taking a
> > cab.
>
> > >We already plan to take a cab from
> > >the metro, station, etc. once we get into Paris.
> >
> > There is a metro station within about 3 blocks of anywhere you want to go in
> > Paris.
>
> While the bus or RER is much cheaper than a cab for one treveller, you
> may find that, if you have three people, the cab's greater convenience
> makes up for the (smaller) price difference.

It cost us LESS per head to take a cab directly form Orly to our Latin
Quarter hotel than our friends paid with the hassle of buss to metro and
then walking 4 blocks uphill with all their luggage. We were 3.

Robert Buxbaum

Jan 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/24/99
In article
<hamilton-240...@host-209-214-119-20.bna.bellsouth.net>,
hami...@htljn.com (Hamilton) wrote:

But you neglect the value of the experience of getting in touch with the
real Paris. Nothing like lugging your way around a city to find the
reality of it.

All written tongue in cheek. ;-)

Kratom AKA

Dec 7, 2021, 9:51:48 PM12/7/21
TRUSTED BLESSED KRATOM
AKA ( ANUGERAH KRATOM AMANAH, LLC )

Hello mam/sir. Kind Regards,
We are a supplier of KRATOM Product with fine quality.
we’re ready to send you our product,
KRATOM Do you know ?,
We have the limited offer in this end year because we are OFF 50%

and if you interested in joining us as a PARTNER
please contact us in brochure for more information,
let me know what you think
please check your attachment

OUR BROCHURE AND COMPANY PROFILE VIDEOS
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1da87lq9-euhbeYdn3jPfptmeWk6upw4F?usp=sharing