SS Petri Dish scheduled to sail again in April

8 views
Skip to first unread message

Byker

unread,
Feb 23, 2020, 4:45:37 PM2/23/20
to

BeamMeUpScotty

unread,
Feb 23, 2020, 6:01:13 PM2/23/20
to
Even the PIRATES will stay away from that ship... like it's carrying the
plague.







--
That's Karma

*Liberalism is unsustainable, self destructive and contradicting*

PhantomView

unread,
Feb 23, 2020, 9:24:32 PM2/23/20
to
Good luck finding passengers ...............

I would assume the virus itself might hide in the cracks
for a few months. After that, you only need one infected
passenger and in a couple of weeks you have hundreds,
then thousands.

Byker

unread,
Feb 24, 2020, 1:15:56 PM2/24/20
to
"PhantomView" wrote in message
news:3pc65fpil8f4igdii...@4ax.com...
>
> Good luck finding passengers ...............
>
> I would assume the virus itself might hide in the cracks
> for a few months. After that, you only need one infected
> passenger and in a couple of weeks you have hundreds,
> then thousands.

Princess Cruise CEO tries his hand at damage control, none too
successfully: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x-M0NuByZI

Since some Norovirus symptoms (fever, vomiting, diarrhea) mimic those of the
Kung Flu, I can image the panic when the next outbreak hits a thousand miles
from the nearest land...

PhantomView

unread,
Feb 24, 2020, 10:00:50 PM2/24/20
to
Hell, the first person that sneezes will set off
a general panic - on a small, packed, floating
island. It will cause more deaths than C19.

The cruise industry should just take a years
vacation. They can do upgrades on the ships
during that time. In a year they will again have
mass quantities of eager passengers.


Byker

unread,
Feb 25, 2020, 12:08:01 PM2/25/20
to
"PhantomView" wrote in message
news:m8395ftnhl8ba71tg...@4ax.com...
>
> Hell, the first person that sneezes will set off
> a general panic - on a small, packed, floating
> island. It will cause more deaths than C19.
>
> The cruise industry should just take a years
> vacation. They can do upgrades on the ships
> during that time. In a year they will again have
> mass quantities of eager passengers.

The last few months haven't been kind to the cruise industry:

Smash, crunch!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmQbEgUVz40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP9nryeRPOs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RURFy_0I8oM

I get the feeling that once the public becomes wary of taking
cruises, a lot of these floating pleasure palaces are going to be
mothballed, and if they sit around abandoned and decaying long
enough, their next voyages will be to the breakers...

PhantomView

unread,
Feb 25, 2020, 10:31:59 PM2/25/20
to
There must be some other uses for the things. Take
out the partitions between rooms and you would have
quite a lot of open space. Cargo, maybe even pods
full of oil.

You could also dry-dock the things and turn them into
exotic housing or markets or entertainment areas.

In any case, the more recent ships ... they look more
like some big ugly hotel on a float. No aesthetic value
whatsoever. The QE-2 is a nice-looking ship.


danny burstein

unread,
Feb 25, 2020, 10:36:57 PM2/25/20
to
In <3epb5fp2g3djadkll...@4ax.com> PhantomView <p...@PhantomView114.net> writes:

[snip]

> There must be some other uses for the things. Take
> out the partitions between rooms and you would have
> quite a lot of open space. Cargo, maybe even pods
> full of oil.

or... what the US Navy did during the Great Patriotic War.

They chopped the topmost levels off, and had them sailing
along the US/Canadian Great Lakes as training sites to
teach pilots in Aircraft Carrier operations.

Yes. Really


--
_____________________________________________________
Knowledge may be power, but communications is the key
dan...@panix.com
[to foil spammers, my address has been double rot-13 encoded]

Byker

unread,
Feb 26, 2020, 2:07:13 PM2/26/20
to
"PhantomView" wrote in message
news:3epb5fp2g3djadkll...@4ax.com...
>
> There must be some other uses for the things. Take
> out the partitions between rooms and you would have
> quite a lot of open space. Cargo, maybe even pods
> full of oil.

Kinda like the Seawise Giant, sunk, refloated, and turned into a mega-giant
floating oil tank: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seawise_Giant

> You could also dry-dock the things and turn them into
> exotic housing or markets or entertainment areas.
>
> In any case, the more recent ships ... they look more
> like some big ugly hotel on a float. No aesthetic value
> whatsoever. The QE-2 is a nice-looking ship.

The S.S. United States has been rusting away since 1969 and no one seems to
know what to do with it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vy4eYpY-CU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg7gNhmtwTA

Don't get your hopes up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGa7BnObeXw

As for the S.S. America:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uSvq44vbXE

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages