Nobu to Crystal Symphony!

1 view

Ray Goldenberg

Dec 11, 2007, 5:31:24 PM12/11/07
Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Crystal Cruises and thought it
would be of interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings,
they are available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Nobu Brings His Legendary Cuisine to Crystal Symphony
Famed Restaurateur Expands Partnership with Acclaimed Cruise Line

LOS ANGELES, Dec. 11
World-class master chef Nobuyuki "Nobu" Matsuhisa is partnering with
Crystal Cruises for two new restaurants aboard the award-winning
luxury ship, Crystal Symphony. Silk Road and The Sushi Bar will debut
during Crystal Symphony's March 3, 2008 Trans-Pacific cruise from Los
Angeles to Hong Kong. Nobu will join the ship in March to personally
oversee the launch.

Renowned internationally for the innovative blend of classically
styled Japanese foods with distinct Peruvian and European influences,
Nobu-trained chefs will showcase some of Nobu's most popular
specialties at The Sushi Bar, including yellowtail sashimi with
jalapeno and tuna tataki with ponzu sauce. Among the more than two
dozen menu selections at Silk Road will be Nobu-style lobster with
truffle-yuzu sauce, saikyo miso black cod and beef with three
distinctive sauces.

Occupying the former Jade Garden space, the restaurants will
accommodate a total of 68 guests and will be open most evenings. While
there is no additional charge for enjoying Nobu's extraordinary
cuisine, reservations are recommended for Silk Road; dining at The
Sushi Bar will be on a first come, first served basis.

Noted interior design architect Alison Clixby of AdFecto Design, who
designed Crystal Symphony's Luxe nightclub and Connoisseur Club, is
creating contemporary, Asian-inspired spaces in shades of sage, citrus
green and aubergine, accented by golden organza sheers, plum glass
tiles, and a dark granite sushi bar. DPA is also designing the mood
lighting, which includes custom fabric chandeliers and backlit stone
wall treatments.

The new restaurants represent an expansion of Nobu's culinary alliance
with Crystal Cruises. Since 2003, his cuisine has enjoyed tremendous
success aboard Crystal Symphony's fleetmate, Crystal Serenity.

"During the past four years, Crystal has done an incredible job of
ensuring the consistent quality and integrity of my cuisine served
aboard Crystal Serenity, regardless of wherever the ship may be in the
world," comments Nobu. "I am very pleased to build upon my
relationship with Crystal Cruises and fully expect the opening of The
Sushi Bar and Silk Road to further enhance Crystal Symphony's
tradition of culinary excellence."

Even with restaurants in almost two dozen of the world's most
fascinating cities -- his eponymous empire reaches from Beverly Hills,
New York and London to Milan, Mykonos, Melbourne and beyond -- Nobu's
partnership with Crystal marks a true global expansion as both Crystal
Symphony and Crystal Serenity are designed for worldwide cruising.

"As our guests explore the world in search of new adventures and
discovery, we look to provide them with access to unique experiences,"
says Toni Neumeister, vice president, food and beverage operations,
Crystal Cruises. "To dine at one of Nobu's restaurants is a treat unto
itself, and we look forward to presenting our savvy clientele with yet
another new dimension of choice and superior quality aboard Crystal
Symphony."

About Nobu

He has been described as a "sushi mogul" and without question there is
an air of celebrity that surrounds Nobu and each of his restaurants.
Yet it is his unwavering passion to communicate his "kokora" -- the
Japanese term for "heart" -- through every single dish that has earned
him a litany of awards almost too numerous to list, beginning with his
1989 award as one of Food & Wine magazine's 10 Best New Chefs and
highlighted by Matsuhisa's 1993 recognition as one of the top
destination restaurants in the world according to The New York Times.

About Crystal Cruises

Like Nobu, Crystal Cruises has earned the highest ratings in its
industry. The luxury line has been voted "World's Best" by the readers
of Conde Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure more than any other cruise
line, resort or hotel in history.

Aboard the ultra-luxurious Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity,
refined elegance meets casual simplicity. With an emphasis on
innovative product differentiation, the renowned Crystal experience is
distinguished by classic service, abundant space, extensive choices
and superior quality, providing worldwide vacations that bridge the
best of land and sea.

For additional information, please contact a travel agent.