Re: Woman tracks her AirPods stolen at SFO to homosexual airport worker's home mid-flight

1 view

Pelosi ethics society

Mar 26, 2023, 6:11:09 AM3/26/23
On 25 Jul 2021, Yak <y...@inbox1.com> posted some
news:sdjiom$sm8$6...@news.dns-netz.com:

> Let her beat the shit out of him with a 2x4.

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- They say good things come to those who wait, but
for Alisabeth Hayden, she prefers to tackle her problems directly.

In early March, the Washington state resident was connecting through SFO
after visiting her husband who serves in the military on the island of
Guam.

Hayden says she was getting off her plane when she suddenly remembered she
had left her jacket, which had her Apple AirPods inside, on her seat.

After approaching airline staff, they assured her someone would get the
jacket for her and then she went on her way to catch her last flight to
Seattle.

It was during that part of her journey that Hayden decided she was going
to try and get some sleep.

"Okay, I'll just put in my AirPods and I'll be fine. I can sleep for a
couple of hours to Seattle. Well, that was when I realized they were
gone," Hayden said.

Thanks to the 'Find My' app on her phone, Hayden realized her AirPods had
been stolen out of her jacket.

While she was in the air, she was able to track them and take screenshots
as they made their way around the airport.

First to different terminals, then the United cargo building and
ultimately down the southbound Highway 101.

Of course, everyone's gadgets are precious, but Hayden's AirPods hold
particular significance -- they're her link to her husband, who calls her
from his deployment on such a bad line that she needs them to hear him.

Hayden says she immediately began reaching out to various United employees
and police departments trying to get her stolen property back.

In the meantime, she says, she marked the AirPods as "lost" on the app, so
that anyone who used them would hear a message telling them that they were
hers, and giving them her phone number.

After nearly two weeks of getting little to no assistance, Hayden says she
was able to get them back thanks to a detective working at SFO.

The AirPods, having been taken by a contractor who loaded food onto the
aircraft.

ABC7 News reached out to United who sent us a statement which reads:

"United Airlines holds our vendors to the highest standards and we are
working with local authorities in their investigation of this matter."

Words of little comfort to Hayden.

MORE: Apple AirTag leads police to arrest airport employee accused of
stealing from passengers' bags

"As far as I'm concerned, if United has trusted that employee on the
airplane to do a job for them, then they're responsible," she said.

Hayden's AirPods were eventually sent back to her, but she says they
arrived damaged.

United, she says, were "godawful" in their communications with her.

"First they were like, 'I'm sorry you lost your belongings on our flight.'
I was like, 'I didn't lose them, I was denied the ability to get my jacket
by an employee... and now my $250 AirPods are missing.'"

For her trouble, United has agreed to pay for a new pair and give her
5,000 airline miles as an apology.

"That hasn't happened yet. And I can't say whether it will or it won't,"
Hayden said.

But for now, Hayden says her tenacity has served her well.

And she hopes it can be a lesson for others, to never give up hope.

"When you look at things and you look at something that's right and you
look at something wrong and then you ask yourself, is this something
that's happening to other people as well?" Hayden said.

The CNN Wire contributed to this report.

<https://abc7news.com/alisabeth-hayden-apple-airpod-headphones-sfo-
worker/13009070/>