Thanks for your input

Brad Justus

Dec 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/11/99
Thanks to everyone who has written me. Too bad this is all a SCAM, there
never will be any Lego Direct. How would resellers of Lego be able to
make any money if all people bought were individual pieces? Hope no one
got too excited from my previous post.

Happy Holidays. And Play Well.

- Brad

Brad Justus
Senior Vice President, LEGO Direct
legod...@lego.com

Not Brad Justus

Dec 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/11/99
Yeah, I just got bored and decided to post that. Sorry, just wanted to see who
was on the ball. Also I think re releasing vintage Lego sets is a bad idea. If
they do that the only people who would make any money is Lego. You don't see
Ford rerealising their Model T's because vintage car collectors would be
furious, I think the same applies with Lego.

Richard Parsons wrote:

> "Brad Justus" wrote stuff
>
> In the first instance, the posts to Lugnet and rtl were more or less
> simultaneous, yet there has been no post to Lugnet. One wonders if this
> might be because Todd's moderation would have rejected the second poster's
> setup.
>
> The first post came from interport.net, a rather respectable corporate
> internet host. The second came from mediaone.net, which looks like a
> regular, speed focussed isp.
>
> I'd guess (waiting on Todd Lehman's better informed opinion) that some low
> son of a bitch decided to fake an email suggesting the whole thing was a
> scam.
>
> Todd, as the guy who presumably knows most about the original Brad Justus
> (given that Todd originally accepted the guy onto Lugnet) is probably best
> placed to make the call.
>
> On the other hand, anyone in the US might call Lego and ask to speak to Brad
> Justus.
>
> Richard
> Still baldly going...
> Check out Port Block at http://www.hinet.net.au/~guinan/

Kevin Salm

Dec 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/11/99
Brad Justus does exist. My post to Lugnet.dear-lego is off the mark.

There is a scammer, but not the real Brad Justus.

I just now received a legitimate email from Brad Justus. To the best of my
ability to verify, Brad Justus and the new LegoDirect do exist.

Now, let us return to playing with our Lego (beats wasting time online).

Kevin Salm

Richard Parsons

Dec 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/12/99

Ka On Lee

Dec 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/12/99
Not Brad Justus <notbra...@anyonebutlego.com> wrote:
> Yeah, I just got bored and decided to post that. Sorry, just wanted to see who
> was on the ball.

It is moron like you keeping companies away from participate in public
forums.

> Also I think re releasing vintage Lego sets is a bad idea. If
> they do that the only people who would make any money is Lego. You don't see
> Ford rerealising their Model T's because vintage car collectors would be
> furious, I think the same applies with Lego.

People want old sets because the current train and town sets SUCKS. So
if someone having 5 sets of unopened Metroliner hoping to sell them for
$300 each will be burned if it is re-released. That is fine with me.
There was no "Limited edition" or "Never re-release" printed on the boxs
didn't it?

--
Ka-On Lee ko...@engsoc.carleton.ca

"The greatest sin a computer scientist can commit is to provide too few
bits somewhere"

Jonathan Wilson

Dec 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/12/99

Not Brad Justus wrote:

> Yeah, I just got bored and decided to post that. Sorry, just wanted to see who

> was on the ball. Also I think re releasing vintage Lego sets is a bad idea. If

> they do that the only people who would make any money is Lego. You don't see
> Ford rerealising their Model T's because vintage car collectors would be
> furious, I think the same applies with Lego.

O.K. then how about if TLG released a metroliner with a different color scheme?

--
Jonathan Wilson
wil...@xoommail.com

Richard Parsons

Dec 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/12/99
Not Brad Justus wrote in message <3852E748...@anyonebutlego.com>...

>Yeah, I just got bored and decided to post that. Sorry, just wanted to see
who
>was on the ball. Also I think re releasing vintage Lego sets is a bad idea.
If
>they do that the only people who would make any money is Lego. You don't
see
>Ford rerealising their Model T's because vintage car collectors would be
>furious, I think the same applies with Lego.

Arsewipe. Who gives a rat's what you think. You're a good justification for
gun laws.

Tom Stangl, VFAQman

Dec 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/12/99
Richard Parsons wrote:

> Not Brad Justus wrote in message <3852E748...@anyonebutlego.com>...
> >Yeah, I just got bored and decided to post that. Sorry, just wanted to see
> who
> >was on the ball. Also I think re releasing vintage Lego sets is a bad idea.
> If
> >they do that the only people who would make any money is Lego. You don't
> see
> >Ford rerealising their Model T's because vintage car collectors would be
> >furious, I think the same applies with Lego.
>
> Arsewipe. Who gives a rat's what you think. You're a good justification for
> gun laws.

You mean gun laws REQUIRING guns for people with brains, so we can blow away the
ones without?

Or laws to keep them out of the hands of morons like that troll?

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/

Richard Parsons

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
Tom Stangl, VFAQman wrote

>Richard Parsons wrote (and not about Tom :-)

>>Who gives a rat's what you think. You're a good justification for gun
laws.

>You mean gun laws REQUIRING guns for people with brains, so we
>can blow away the ones without?
>
>Or laws to keep them out of the hands of morons like that troll?

I meant the laws that stop me having a gun to take those genes out of the
pool.

Mind you, I like your laws better ;-)

regards

Ed Daniel

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
In article <3852E748...@anyonebutlego.com>, Not Brad Justus
<notbra...@anyonebutlego.com> writes

>Yeah, I just got bored and decided to post that. Sorry, just wanted to see who
>was on the ball.

Euthanasia was *made* for people like this...

--
Ed Daniel <ejda...@jamdown.demon.co.uk>

"Enya and a good friend - what more do you need?"
-Anonymous UCAS official

Dr Nuncheon

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
In article <FN5vtKA8...@jamdown.demon.co.uk>,

Ed Daniel <ejda...@jamdown.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>In article <3852E748...@anyonebutlego.com>, Not Brad Justus
><notbra...@anyonebutlego.com> writes
>>Yeah, I just got bored and decided to post that. Sorry, just wanted to see who
>>was on the ball.
>
>Euthanasia was *made* for people like this...

Boy, I really hope these 'sudden death' responses are a joke. I'm used to
the morass of humanity acting like idiots, but I kind of thought that LEGO
fans were slightly above that.

Make no mistake, I think the guy who did that is an ignorant jerk with way
too much time on his hands, who should be gently helped off of the
internet and/or into everyone's killfile...but death threats are a bit
extreme.

Maybe I'm just overreacting because I heard about some guy punching a
Burger King worker because she had the audacity to tell him that they had
run out of Pokemon toys, and I was thinking to myself, "Jeez, what if that
guy had had a gun?" But then again, maybe I'm not - violence over toys is
not the reaction of a sane person.

"Yields falsehood when preceded by its quotation" Jeff Johnston
yields falsehood when preceded by its quotation. jeffj @ io.com

zeadeATboink.stanford.edu

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
In rec.toys.lego, thou, -- (--), hast wrytted...

Hmmm, stealing someones identity then posting false information in their
name. Too bad yer too dumb to cover yer own tracks. I don't even have to
look as far as the headers to find what I need to track you down:

+ 18:05:23 EST)

sigh,
Micah
--
perl -e's;^;nsiC%by:n19%o>o2z4on19%`"t2z`fn3o.%.2o.z.2o.g4og.5o.g.4o.4%;;\
s;$;f%.2o.n`fP"Y2>bP"Y2>bz`fzd2>t%`"Y>%`Pz)2>bgfP"Y2>bn%p#f8%.oP"#n%p#p;;\

Ed Daniel

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
In article <83341m$lhh$1...@hiram.io.com>, Dr Nuncheon <je...@fnord.io.com>
writes

>In article <FN5vtKA8...@jamdown.demon.co.uk>,
>Ed Daniel <ejda...@jamdown.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>>Euthanasia was *made* for people like this...

(heavily snipped)

>death threats are a bit
>extreme.

Who's threatening?

>violence over toys is
>not the reaction of a sane person.

What's violent about voluntarily lying back and going to sleep?

ERROR: Bad or missing HUMOUR.SYS. Please reboot brain and try again.

Ed!

(criminally insane)