News FROM McFarlane Toys (1-22)

1 view

Chet, McF Toys

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99
It's been a while, so I'm just going to jump in here.

KISS Psycho Circus Tour Edition figures just started going out to stores
this week. They are IDENTICAL to the ones being sold on tour (for $30
each!). There was SUPPOSED to be a sticker saying one was bought on
tour, but I guess they didn't get put on after all. Variations: Paul
and Ace have about 1/3 of the run with the each other's guitar. Oops!

Dark Ages repaints have started shipping too, so you'll see them in
stores in the next few days.

Metal Gear Solid is fantastic, and I like the packaging best of all.
The sidebar has pics of all the characters, with the one that is in the
bubble shown in color (like a "choose character" screen from a fighting
game). I've had to keep pulling our sales guys out of the showroom,
they REALLY like the female figures. We're talking MASSIVE cleavage.
Cool stuff for the whole line, and they'll be a little cheaper than our
normal figs. Look for them in mid-February.

Series 13 came in this week too. The cards are wavy on the left side,
straight on the right. Again, some typos on the back (Zues has half a
sentence missing). Colors all look good, with Raenis having removable
guts, a spear as long as the bubble, and a gold fairy, Medusa with two
different new skeleton minions, Zues with a helmet that has hair on it
(and "A Toy First - 2-Piece Posable Beard!" on the sticker). Jessica
Priest is okay, packed with a HUGE Obersmith demon. Hatchet is a good
zombie (Gareee, this must be who you saw at the FX show), and Curse of
Spawn II is TWICE as good as the one we did two years ago.

And so far, we've managed to keep two of our major licenses secret.
We'll (hopefully) announce them at Toy Fair. But one will take everyone
by surprise (while the other is just too cool).

It's going to be a busy year.

Chet, McF Toys
Forget the socks/laundry dilemna. Where the heck does all the concrete
go that used to be in the potholes?

GMatt40251

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99
>Metal Gear Solid is fantastic, and I like the packaging best of all. >Cool

stuff for the whole line, and they'll be a little cheaper than our
>normal figs. Look for them in mid-February.

I called Software Etc. and they said they were expecting them Feb 19th. I
wonder how correct this will be.

>It's going to be a busy year.
>
>Chet, McF Toys

Thank goodness. I really like a lot of their stuff and it helps to hear from
Chet and Steve sometimes. This is one of the reasons why I stick with McF.
Their great PR and Communications.

Foote

>Forget the socks/laundry dilemna. Where the heck does all the concrete
>go that used to be in the potholes?

I think Hasbro/Kenner uses it and makes it head of marketing and distribution.

Alexander Sargent Woods

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99
to Chet, McF Toys
Please verify/deny the Evil Dead/Army of Darkness rumors...

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Chet, McF Toys wrote:

> It's been a while, so I'm just going to jump in here.
>
> KISS Psycho Circus Tour Edition figures just started going out to stores
> this week. They are IDENTICAL to the ones being sold on tour (for $30
> each!). There was SUPPOSED to be a sticker saying one was bought on
> tour, but I guess they didn't get put on after all. Variations: Paul
> and Ace have about 1/3 of the run with the each other's guitar. Oops!
>
> Dark Ages repaints have started shipping too, so you'll see them in
> stores in the next few days.
>

> Metal Gear Solid is fantastic, and I like the packaging best of all.

> The sidebar has pics of all the characters, with the one that is in the
> bubble shown in color (like a "choose character" screen from a fighting
> game). I've had to keep pulling our sales guys out of the showroom,
> they REALLY like the female figures. We're talking MASSIVE cleavage.

> Cool stuff for the whole line, and they'll be a little cheaper than our
> normal figs. Look for them in mid-February.
>

> Series 13 came in this week too. The cards are wavy on the left side,
> straight on the right. Again, some typos on the back (Zues has half a
> sentence missing). Colors all look good, with Raenis having removable
> guts, a spear as long as the bubble, and a gold fairy, Medusa with two
> different new skeleton minions, Zues with a helmet that has hair on it
> (and "A Toy First - 2-Piece Posable Beard!" on the sticker). Jessica
> Priest is okay, packed with a HUGE Obersmith demon. Hatchet is a good
> zombie (Gareee, this must be who you saw at the FX show), and Curse of
> Spawn II is TWICE as good as the one we did two years ago.
>
> And so far, we've managed to keep two of our major licenses secret.
> We'll (hopefully) announce them at Toy Fair. But one will take everyone
> by surprise (while the other is just too cool).
>

> It's going to be a busy year.
>
> Chet, McF Toys

Chet, McF Toys

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99
Alexander Sargent Woods wrote:

> Please verify/deny the Evil Dead/Army of Darkness rumors...

I'll verify that it's just a rumor. We ain't doing it/them, and we've
been saying that for a LONG time.

Chet, McF Toys
Zombies, chainsaws, evil monsters... been there, done that, moved on.

Joan Pixie

Jan 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/23/99
On Fri, 22 Jan 1999 17:40:17 -0500, "Chet, McF Toys"
<McFTo...@aol.com> wrote:

>Dark Ages repaints have started shipping too, so you'll see them in
>stores in the next few days.

Will TRU or KB be stocking these? I've noticed repaints are harder and
harder to find, and I want a Skull Queen/Horrid.

>straight on the right. Again, some typos on the back (Zues has half a
>sentence missing).
>Colors all look good, with Raenis having removable
>guts, a spear as long as the bubble, and a gold fairy,

A fairy! Wow! =)

>Medusa with two
>different new skeleton minions, Zues with a helmet that has hair on it
>(and "A Toy First - 2-Piece Posable Beard!" on the sticker)

bahahahahahhaha! That one is a keeper! I love those stickers, man.
That's the best one yet.

>And so far, we've managed to keep two of our major licenses secret.
>We'll (hopefully) announce them at Toy Fair. But one will take everyone
>by surprise (while the other is just too cool).

Are you gonna be there, Chet? I don't think I can get press in, even
through my school, but I'm trying to get all the rtafers who'll be in
NY together for a lil shindig or dinner or something.

pixie, who will be the red haired small chick trying to sneak in the
back of the tents.

"we're going down in a bit of a decadent spiral, aren't we?"

~~~* http://www.angelfire.com/ri/fangeek *~~~

Joan Pixie

Jan 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/23/99

that's the worst news in a while.

well, here's hoping someone else does it! Chet, why??? I don't think
there is much of ANYTHING wanted as much as an Ash figure.

pixie

Gareee

Jan 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/23/99

Chet, McF Toys wrote in message

>And so far, we've managed to keep two of our major licenses secret.
>We'll (hopefully) announce them at Toy Fair. But one will take everyone
>by surprise (while the other is just too cool).

Too cool, eh?? I KNOW how you are.. is this one of those cryptic puns that
is actully a clue to what the license is??

Gary Tabar Jr,
@ Da Mouzzz...
EMAIL: gareee...@worldnet.att.net
INSTANT ONLINE EMAIL: 188...@pager.mirabilis.com
HOMEPAGE (Custom Action Figures, Model Pics, Disney Oddities, Godzilla
Tripe, Lightwave 3D renderings, Wallpaper, Animal Kingdom info ):
http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine/ellison/86/index.html

goatface

Jan 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/23/99

too cool?
hmmm
happy days?
ice pirates?

npercy

Jan 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/25/99

Chet, McF Toys wrote:

> It's been a while, so I'm just going to jump in here.

What Chet is doing a news post? Man we havent given him enough
amminutrtion!

> KISS Psycho Circus Tour Edition figures just started going out to stores
> this week. They are IDENTICAL to the ones being sold on tour (for $30
> each!). There was SUPPOSED to be a sticker saying one was bought on
> tour, but I guess they didn't get put on after all. Variations: Paul
> and Ace have about 1/3 of the run with the each other's guitar. Oops!

Yea I've seen the Guitar stuff up, it looks really really funny! Thanks for
the update on the sticker!

> Dark Ages repaints have started shipping too, so you'll see them in
> stores in the next few days.

I've already seen them here (along with Kiss), all except Spawn and Horrid,
personally Chet, you should have painted them lime green, I didn't like the
repaints, they were really strange colours.

> Metal Gear Solid is fantastic, and I like the packaging best of all.
> The sidebar has pics of all the characters, with the one that is in the
> bubble shown in color (like a "choose character" screen from a fighting
> game). I've had to keep pulling our sales guys out of the showroom,
> they REALLY like the female figures. We're talking MASSIVE cleavage.

On Sniper Wolf, I'm sure. But does Meryl have a blushing action when you
stare at her?

> Cool stuff for the whole line, and they'll be a little cheaper than our
> normal figs. Look for them in mid-February.

A little cheaper, does that mean they still have the $5.99 price tag in the
US.

> Series 13 came in this week too. The cards are wavy on the left side,

> straight on the right. Again, some typos on the back (Zues has half a
> sentence missing). Colors all look good, with Raenis having removable

> guts, a spear as long as the bubble, and a gold fairy, Medusa with two

> different new skeleton minions, Zues with a helmet that has hair on it

> (and "A Toy First - 2-Piece Posable Beard!" on the sticker). Jessica
> Priest is okay, packed with a HUGE Obersmith demon. Hatchet is a good
> zombie (Gareee, this must be who you saw at the FX show), and Curse of
> Spawn II is TWICE as good as the one we did two years ago.

Um Cool!

> And so far, we've managed to keep two of our major licenses secret.
> We'll (hopefully) announce them at Toy Fair. But one will take everyone
> by surprise (while the other is just too cool).
>

> It's going to be a busy year.
>
> Chet, McF Toys
> Forget the socks/laundry dilemna. Where the heck does all the concrete
> go that used to be in the potholes?

It goes to hell, to make the evil concrete monsters that come in my
nightmares :)

Nigel