Exclusive Premiere Best of the West figures...

Tony Cianfaglione

May 5, 2004, 9:13:18 PM5/5/04

I've seen several of the Best of the West series (supposedly 12000 in a
numbered series) all numbered 1 of 12000. Was every figure simply
numbered as number 1?

Doesn't that make it a little confusing?

Thanks...

Gareee©

May 5, 2004, 10:30:58 PM5/5/04
"Tony Cianfaglione" <ab...@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote in message

Nope.. they had a limited run on 12000.. and believe me, that's a GOOD
thing, because their stuff was real drek.

They are all 1 of a 12000 limited run.

--
Gareee©
Homepage:

Tony Cianfaglione

May 6, 2004, 12:13:39 AM5/6/04

On Wed, 5 May 2004, Gareee© wrote:

> Nope.. they had a limited run on 12000.. and believe me, that's a GOOD
> thing, because their stuff was real drek.
>
> They are all 1 of a 12000 limited run.

Now I'm confused. :-(

Where do you find the real number if the sticker on the front simply says:
1 of 12000? Also, by limited run, do you mean they never even made 12000
of each? The reason I ask is that the Matt Dillon figure isn't too bad
looking for a celebrity lookalike doll. A local shop is selling some for
$20. each.

Thanks...

Mazinger Z

May 6, 2004, 1:17:23 AM5/6/04
I don't believe those figures came with any actual number. The figures were
limited to 12,000 figures produced. That sounds pretty UNlimited, given what
Sideshow's production numbers are nowadays.

Matt Dillon is from Gunsmoke. Did Exclusive make Gunsmoke figures?

Tony Cianfaglione

May 6, 2004, 2:35:28 AM5/6/04

On Thu, 6 May 2004, Mazinger Z wrote:

> I don't believe those figures came with any actual number. The figures were
> limited to 12,000 figures produced. That sounds pretty UNlimited, given what
> Sideshow's production numbers are nowadays.
>
> Matt Dillon is from Gunsmoke. Did Exclusive make Gunsmoke figures?

The sticker on the front makes it look as if the ones you see are actually
the first figure in the run of 12000, which is a bit on the sly side, if
you know what I mean.

The 3 figures the store has are Matt Dillon from Gunsmoke, James West from
Wild Wild West and Rowdy Yates from Rawhide. West and Yates look a bit
like Conrad and Eastwood but Dillon really looks like Arness. I don't
know if there are any others in the series.

Gareee©

May 6, 2004, 12:02:22 PM5/6/04
"Tony Cianfaglione" <ab...@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote in message

> The sticker on the front makes it look as if the ones you see are actually

> the first figure in the run of 12000, which is a bit on the sly side, if
> you know what I mean.

Yep, but they are not numbered, and they say in clearance bins for ages for
$2.97.. and then TRU finally had a BOGO, even at that price to be rid of
them.

I'm SURE you can get them on ebay cheaper then $20 a pop.

Tony Cianfaglione

May 6, 2004, 3:09:43 PM5/6/04

On Thu, 6 May 2004, Gareee© wrote:

> Yep, but they are not numbered, and they say in clearance bins for ages for
> $2.97.. and then TRU finally had a BOGO, even at that price to be rid of
> them.
>
> I'm SURE you can get them on ebay cheaper then $20 a pop.

Yeah, that's why I asked before buying as it looked suspicious to see
multiples with 1 of 12000 on a sticker that says: NUMBERED SERIES on it.
The store worker assumed they were the first of the run but with multiples
of the same figures with the identical number, I knew he had assumed
incorrectly and that there was another explanation. Even the type font
and the way the numbering appears on the sticker (slightly askew from
the word 'of') looks as though it was put on by a numbering machine.

It doesn't say LIMITED series but NUMBERED series which is a different
slant on words which usually infers the numbers are properly sequential.
I wonder how many people were fooled into buying these at stores, thinking
they were getting the first off the line - maybe even paying 'first off
the line' prices which can be dear in some instances.

Thanks...

Gareee©

May 6, 2004, 4:47:39 PM5/6/04
"Tony Cianfaglione" <ab...@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote in message
I wonder how many people were fooled into buying these at stores, thinking
they were getting the first off the line - maybe even paying 'first off
the line' prices which can be dear in some instances.

VERY few.. they were shipped en masse to Target and TRU, and there were so
many licenses, that at one point, a half aisle shelf was devoted to them at
my local Targets. TRU had bins just loaded with them, all "numbered" the
same.

The bodies had very limited articulation, and some of the headsculpt were
SCARY.

I still wake at night in cold sweats, shuddering, the image of Daisy Duke
emblazoned on my retinas....

I shoulda sued them for mental anguish!

wanda_...@yahoo.com

Aug 29, 2014, 4:27:13 PM8/29/14
I bought one of these dolls on eBay last week my husband was so happy he loves Gunsmoke I have a hand drawing of him anyway after I received the doll I went back to try and see if I could get lucky enough to find the second one. Well I found there was other people selling the same doll so I asked myself how could I have the FIRST one when someone else has the same doll? So I put in a compant of black market that's what it looks like to me. I haven't had the nerve to tell him about it. I am a huge collector of a lot of different things and this was perfect to go in my collection now I feel it's worthless.