Serena spin machinery out in full force

SliceAndDice

Sep 9, 2018, 12:45:32 PM9/9/18
Brad Gilbert was suggesting that Osaka could have maybe refused the awarded game penalty and show solidarity to Serena. So a first time GS finalist should mollycoddle someone who has been there 30+ times and really should have known better?

Unbelievable, the kind of narratives that are being spun today. When it proved hard to justify Serena's behavior, then juxtapose it against male behavior and suggest (falsely, through some cherry picking) that men get away with worse and spin this into a pro-feminist narrative. Serena's cheerleaders are hard at work. There is definitely an inconsistent enforcement of rules, but I do not believe there is a gender bias here. It is just that very few female tennis players behave as badly as Serena (when she is in a losing position) and therefore she gets to shine a spotlight, claim it only happens to her and play victim.

soccerfan777

Sep 9, 2018, 12:47:24 PM9/9/18
On Sunday, September 9, 2018 at 11:45:32 AM UTC-5, SliceAndDice wrote:
> Brad Gilbert

Another known asshole.

>was suggesting that Osaka could have maybe refused the awarded game penalty and show solidarity to Serena. So a first time GS finalist should mollycoddle someone who has been there 30+ times and really should have known better?
>
> Unbelievable, the kind of narratives that are being spun today. When it proved hard to justify Serena's behavior, then juxtapose it against male behavior and suggest (falsely, through some cherry picking) that men get away with worse and spin this into a pro-feminist narrative. Serena's cheerleaders are hard at work. There is definitely an inconsistent enforcement of rules, but I do not believe there is a gender bias here. It is just that very few female tennis players behave as badly as Serena (when she is in a losing position) and therefore she gets to shine a spotlight, claim it only happens to her and play victim.

Naomi got fucked... proper fucked. It was her moment and they made her cry instead of smile... and now they blame the victim. Its like blaming the rape victim.

Calimero

Sep 9, 2018, 1:09:21 PM9/9/18
On Sunday, September 9, 2018 at 6:45:32 PM UTC+2, SliceAndDice wrote:
> Brad Gilbert was suggesting that Osaka could have maybe refused the awarded game penalty and show solidarity to Serena. So a first time GS finalist should mollycoddle someone who has been there 30+ times and really should have known better?
>
> Unbelievable, the kind of narratives that are being spun today. When it proved hard to justify Serena's behavior, then juxtapose it against male behavior and suggest (falsely, through some cherry picking) that men get away with worse and spin this into a pro-feminist narrative. Serena's cheerleaders are hard at work. There is definitely an inconsistent enforcement of rules, but I do not believe there is a gender bias here. It is just that very few female tennis players behave as badly as Serena (when she is in a losing position) and therefore she gets to shine a spotlight, claim it only happens to her and play victim.

Liberal SJW scum.
The orange clown should use the occasion with a fitting tweet:

"Spoiled Nike-edorsed millionaire took Dem playbook and tried to cheat and threaten her way to victory! And the liberal elites aided and abetted! Especially the failing Washington Post. Sad!"

Max

“I’ve never seen a woman with this aura in my life.”
(David Letterman, US talk show host, on Steffi Graf, 2009)

*skriptis

Sep 9, 2018, 2:07:21 PM9/9/18
SliceAndDice <vish...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
> Brad Gilbert was suggesting that Osaka could have maybe refused the awarded game penalty and show solidarity to Serena. So a first time GS finalist should mollycoddle someone who has been there 30+ times and really should have known better?
>
> Unbelievable, the kind of narratives that are being spun today. When it proved hard to justify Serena's behavior, then juxtapose it against male behavior and suggest (falsely, through some cherry picking) that men get away with worse and spin this into a pro-feminist narrative. Serena's cheerleaders are hard at work. There is definitely an inconsistent enforcement of rules, but I do not believe there is a gender bias here. It is just that very few female tennis players behave as badly as Serena (when she is in a losing position) and therefore she gets to shine a spotlight, claim it only happens to her and play victim.

Trump is right, media are shit.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

*skriptis

Sep 9, 2018, 2:08:17 PM9/9/18
Calimero <calim...@gmx.de> Wrote in message:
Many such cases!

wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk

Sep 9, 2018, 3:10:05 PM9/9/18
In article <8b2d1e1f-243b-42ae...@googlegroups.com>,
vish...@gmail.com (SliceAndDice) wrote:

> Unbelievable, the kind of narratives that are being spun today.
> When it proved hard to justify Serena's behavior, then juxtapose it
> against male behavior and suggest (falsely, through some cherry
> picking) that men get away with worse and spin this into a
> pro-feminist narrative. Serena's cheerleaders are hard at work.
> There is definitely an inconsistent enforcement of rules, but I do
> not believe there is a gender bias here. It is just that very few
> female tennis players behave as badly as Serena (when she is in a
> losing position) and therefore she gets to shine a spotlight, claim
> it only happens to her and play victim.

I think most of the inconsistency is down to the different personalities
of the umpires. If Mohamed Lahyani had been in the chair, he might have
issued a "soft" warning that if the coaching persisted SW woiuld get a
formal warning. But once Ramos issued the coaching warning, the rest was
simple enforcement of the rules.

SW self-destructed here. She would have done better to focus on the match
and file a complaint later. That said, a lifetime of being on the
receiving end of sexism and racism is part of *why* she
detonated.

wg

PeteWasLucky

Sep 9, 2018, 3:41:07 PM9/9/18
> a lifetime of being on the
receiving end of sexism and racism is part of *why* she
detonated.

Yes, I agree she and her father are driving force of racism and sexism in US.

Why is she and Venus with white guys?

guypers

Sep 9, 2018, 3:49:04 PM9/9/18
+1
A long history of sexism, pejuidice, if it was a white blond like Chris Evert you think the spic would dare give her a warning, lynched the fukker!!

SliceAndDice

Sep 9, 2018, 4:04:48 PM9/9/18
Serena has never been an example of stellar behavior, frequently displaying bad sportsmanship and a terrible loser. Being a bad loser is part of what made her such a great champion. At some point though (definitely after 23 slams, being mega-successful and celebrated, 37 years old and being a mother as she likes to talk about all the time), she needs to stop playing the racism and sexism card and behave with dignity, set an example for another young athletes who idolize her. She failed miserably in that aspect yesterday.

kaennorsing

Sep 9, 2018, 4:21:29 PM9/9/18
Op zondag 9 september 2018 21:10:05 UTC+2 schreef wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk:
The only sexism and racism comes from the Williams themselves... and always has.

She should have been disqualified for yesterday's sexism.

BTW, I like and respect Serena... Just not her behavior and self-entitlement.

Calimero

Sep 9, 2018, 4:21:29 PM9/9/18
The USO 2011 and 2018 finals will be the most remembered Serena slam finals.
A nice legacy this "lady" has.

Max

-
"Which is why she has never been the well-rounded, cultured, intellectually sophisticated person Serena is."
(Stephen Jaros, on Steffi Graf, rec.sport.tennis, April 14th, 2018)

bob

Sep 9, 2018, 4:57:30 PM9/9/18
On Sun, 9 Sep 2018 09:45:30 -0700 (PDT), SliceAndDice
<vish...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Brad Gilbert was suggesting that Osaka could have maybe refused the awarded game penalty and show solidarity to Serena.

i thought about this last night, was one of my 1st thoughts. i would
refuse the game, and tell SW to get over there and ready to receive
serve. because i've got this match anyway.

could you imagine the media explosion that would be osaka if she
thought quickly enough to do that?

> So a first time GS finalist should mollycoddle someone who has been there 30+ times and really should have known better?
>Unbelievable, the kind of narratives that are being spun today. When it proved hard to justify Serena's behavior, then juxtapose it against male behavior and suggest (falsely, through some cherry picking) that men get away with worse and spin this into a pro-feminist narrative. Serena's cheerleaders are hard at work. There is definitely an inconsistent enforcement of rules, but I do not believe there is a gender bias here. It is just that very few female tennis players behave as badly as Serena (when she is in a losing position) and therefore she gets to shine a spotlight, claim it only happens to her and play victim.

bob

bob

Sep 9, 2018, 5:01:33 PM9/9/18
thanks for your post wendy as a highly respected female in this group.

i can differ on something: you can't just say every time things don't
go SW's way it's cause of sexism/racism. sometimes you have to just
acknowledge she's an ass. i don't think venus has the same trouble,
nor stephens, nor keys, nor osaka.

bob

bob

Sep 9, 2018, 5:03:01 PM9/9/18
On Sun, 9 Sep 2018 13:21:28 -0700 (PDT), Calimero <calim...@gmx.de>
think you mean 09..

bob

Calimero

Sep 9, 2018, 5:08:46 PM9/9/18
On Sunday, September 9, 2018 at 10:57:30 PM UTC+2, bob wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Sep 2018 09:45:30 -0700 (PDT), SliceAndDice
> <vish...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Brad Gilbert was suggesting that Osaka could have maybe refused the awarded game penalty and show solidarity to Serena.
>
> i thought about this last night, was one of my 1st thoughts. i would
> refuse the game, and tell SW to get over there and ready to receive
> serve. because i've got this match anyway.
>
> could you imagine the media explosion that would be osaka if she
> thought quickly enough to do that? ...

What makes you think Osaka could reverse a penalty for insulting an umpire?
US "sports culture" (lol) again?

Max

Calimero

Sep 9, 2018, 5:11:14 PM9/9/18
Serena was in the USO 2009 final?
Clijsters, Wozniacki AND S. Williams ... ? In your dreams ...

Max

heyg...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2018, 5:37:09 PM9/9/18
Serena has had issues with the USO officiating ever since the 2004 match against Capriati. An umpire screwed her over first—egregiously. That match was the reason electronic lime calling was at the USO in 2005.

bob

Sep 9, 2018, 5:38:29 PM9/9/18
On Sun, 9 Sep 2018 14:11:13 -0700 (PDT), Calimero <calim...@gmx.de>
was it a SF vs clijsters? what did she do in 2011?

bob

bob

Sep 9, 2018, 5:39:30 PM9/9/18
On Sun, 9 Sep 2018 14:08:45 -0700 (PDT), Calimero <calim...@gmx.de>
wrote:

>On Sunday, September 9, 2018 at 10:57:30 PM UTC+2, bob wrote:
>> On Sun, 9 Sep 2018 09:45:30 -0700 (PDT), SliceAndDice
>> <vish...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Brad Gilbert was suggesting that Osaka could have maybe refused the awarded game penalty and show solidarity to Serena.
>>
>> i thought about this last night, was one of my 1st thoughts. i would
>> refuse the game, and tell SW to get over there and ready to receive
>> serve. because i've got this match anyway.
>>
>> could you imagine the media explosion that would be osaka if she
>> thought quickly enough to do that? ...
>

>What makes you think Osaka could reverse a penalty for insulting an umpire?
>US "sports culture" (lol) again?

we all know you german shepherds follow rules, no matter.

bob

Calimero

Sep 9, 2018, 5:42:55 PM9/9/18
Osaka didn't have to "follow" anything, Yankee boy ...

Calimero

Sep 9, 2018, 5:44:36 PM9/9/18
Conviently forgotten?

"You ever see me walking down the hall, look the other way. Because you're out of control – totally out of control. You're a hater and you're unattractive inside. Who would do such a thing? And I never complain. Wow. What a loser. You give a code violation because I expressed who I am? We're in America last I checked...don't look at me, I promise you don't look at me cause I am not the one. Don't look my way." – to umpire Eva Asderaki in the controversial 2011 US Open final.

Yama

Sep 9, 2018, 5:52:10 PM9/9/18
wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk kirjoitti 9.9.2018 klo 22:10:
> SW self-destructed here. She would have done better to focus on the match
> and file a complaint later. That said, a lifetime of being on the
> receiving end of sexism and racism is part of *why* she
> detonated.

Meh. We have seen other top players implode in similar situations
(Hingis), some of them repeatedly (Agassi, McEnroe). It's players
personality which is the main factor. When Serena was younger, she
always developed a physical ailments when she was losing, when that got
old she started seeing conspiracies.

bob

Sep 9, 2018, 7:01:37 PM9/9/18
On Sun, 9 Sep 2018 14:44:35 -0700 (PDT), Calimero <calim...@gmx.de>
i don't recall that, not sure i watched the stosur final.

bob

The Iceberg

Sep 9, 2018, 7:51:01 PM9/9/18
oh what surprise another journo trying to excuse her disgusting and totally WRONG unjustifiable behaviour. What rubbish, she hasn't had a lifetime of racism/sexism at all and 'sexism' lies had nothing to do with her reaction, she reacted cos Osaka was whooping her and she can't take losing. Was the line judge she threatened to kill few years ago sexist? I loved it when Serena used to turn up and thrashed everyone, but get real for what this was.

The Iceberg

Sep 9, 2018, 7:52:49 PM9/9/18
pretty sure wendy is part of the MSM and trying to invent as many excuses for as possible, it a shame they doing this.

reilloc

Sep 9, 2018, 11:35:29 PM9/9/18
On 9/9/2018 2:10 PM, wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk wrote:
> In article <8b2d1e1f-243b-42ae...@googlegroups.com>,
> vish...@gmail.com (SliceAndDice) wrote:
>
>> Unbelievable, the kind of narratives that are being spun today.
>> When it proved hard to justify Serena's behavior, then juxtapose it
>> against male behavior and suggest (falsely, through some cherry
>> picking) that men get away with worse and spin this into a
>> pro-feminist narrative. Serena's cheerleaders are hard at work.
>> There is definitely an inconsistent enforcement of rules, but I do
>> not believe there is a gender bias here. It is just that very few
>> female tennis players behave as badly as Serena (when she is in a
>> losing position) and therefore she gets to shine a spotlight, claim
>> it only happens to her and play victim.
>
> I think most of the inconsistency is down to the different personalities
> of the umpires. If Mohamed Lahyani had been in the chair, he might have
> issued a "soft" warning that if the coaching persisted SW woiuld get a
> formal warning. But once Ramos issued the coaching warning, the rest was
> simple enforcement of the rules.

It's my position that both the coaching infraction and the abusive
language infraction were an abuse of Ramos' discretion. I further
suggest that the coaching infraction, in the finals of a slam, shows he
lacks the temperament to be trusted with these situations and that the
language violation, having been brought on by his extremely poor choice
to have called Williams' integrity into question by issuing the coaching
violation, confirms that he is not competent.

> SW self-destructed here. She would have done better to focus on the match
> and file a complaint later. That said, a lifetime of being on the
> receiving end of sexism and racism is part of *why* she
> detonated.

I think by "self-destructed" you mean she "forgot her place" and I think
you're right. Regrettably. That her entire life she's experienced,
first-hand, sexism and racism are also impossible to deny.

LNC

PeteWasLucky

Sep 10, 2018, 12:01:32 AM9/10/18
>That her entire life she's experienced,
first-hand, sexism and racism are also impossible to deny.

We pray for her daughter and husband.

Geeam

Sep 10, 2018, 12:09:57 AM9/10/18
On Monday, September 10, 2018 at 5:35:29 AM UTC+2, reilloc wrote:
> It's my position that both the coaching infraction and the abusive
> language infraction were an abuse of Ramos' discretion. I further
> suggest that the coaching infraction, in the finals of a slam, shows he
> lacks the temperament to be trusted with these situations and that the
> language violation, having been brought on by his extremely poor choice
> to have called Williams' integrity into question by issuing the coaching
> violation, confirms that he is not competent.

Ramos did not, by any means, call Williams' "integrity into question". Just because she motionally felt that way, it doesn't become true. It's completely irrelevant whether Serena actually noticed Mouratoglou's coaching attempts, because she's entirely responsible for the conduct of her coaches!

reilloc

Sep 10, 2018, 12:17:55 AM9/10/18
Williams said that that's exactly how she felt, I would doubt that you
could know otherwise since a person can only speculate about what any
other person feels.

It's interesting that your definition of coaching would include
invisible coaching. I don't think we need coaching to remember not to
include you in the rule-making process.

LNC

Geeam

Sep 10, 2018, 12:50:38 AM9/10/18
On Monday, September 10, 2018 at 6:17:55 AM UTC+2, reilloc wrote:
> Williams said that that's exactly how she felt, I would doubt that you
> could know otherwise since a person can only speculate about what any
> other person feels.

I did't deny she felt that way. I said it's irrelevant whether she felt that way or not. If her coach attempted to coach her, it "maybe construed as coaching". That's the rule. If you don't like it, try to change it.

> It's interesting that your definition of coaching would include
> invisible coaching. I don't think we need coaching to remember not to
> include you in the rule-making process.

It's not my definition. As I just posted in the other thread, the ITF defines coaching as "communications of any kind, audible or visible". So yes, coaching can be "invisible".

*skriptis

Sep 10, 2018, 1:00:58 AM9/10/18
reilloc <rei...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
> On 9/9/2018 2:10 PM, wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk wrote:
>> In article <8b2d1e1f-243b-42ae...@googlegroups.com>,
>> vish...@gmail.com (SliceAndDice) wrote:
>>
>>> Unbelievable, the kind of narratives that are being spun today.
>>> When it proved hard to justify Serena's behavior, then juxtapose it
>>> against male behavior and suggest (falsely, through some cherry
>>> picking) that men get away with worse and spin this into a
>>> pro-feminist narrative. Serena's cheerleaders are hard at work.
>>> There is definitely an inconsistent enforcement of rules, but I do
>>> not believe there is a gender bias here. It is just that very few
>>> female tennis players behave as badly as Serena (when she is in a
>>> losing position) and therefore she gets to shine a spotlight, claim
>>> it only happens to her and play victim.
>>
>> I think most of the inconsistency is down to the different personalities
>> of the umpires. If Mohamed Lahyani had been in the chair, he might have
>> issued a "soft" warning that if the coaching persisted SW woiuld get a
>> formal warning. But once Ramos issued the coaching warning, the rest was
>> simple enforcement of the rules.
>
> It's my position that both the coaching infraction and the abusive
> language infraction were an abuse of Ramos' discretion.

That's the most absurd thing I've read here in weeks.

An umpire can't warn a player if he thinks she's getting coached
from the stats?

Are you nuts?

And that he can't warn her for calling him a liar?

Wow.

Look, Ramos did nothing wrong, but he was imposing himself and
placing his ego above what was his task, taking care of the
match.

He should have made a point about the inevitability of the
coaching warning after he had issued it and had seen she's
starting with her entitled emotional whining.

For that he was a failure, not for the decision itself.

The failure to make it non-personal is what caused it all later.

His ego "I'm the umpire you do as I tell you" prevented him from
telling her "hey I might be wrong but he's sending signals that
look like coaching and I have no choice as It's visible".

That would have kicked the victimhood card out of her hands. Match
moves on fast, it would not been an issue imo.

ahonkan

Sep 10, 2018, 1:16:59 AM9/10/18
On Monday, 10 September 2018 00:40:05 UTC+5:30, wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk wrote:

> SW self-destructed here. She would have done better to focus on the match
> and file a complaint later. That said, a lifetime of being on the
> receiving end of sexism and racism is part of *why* she
> detonated.
>

> wg

Then why did she 'detonate' in 2009 & 2011? SW's sense of entitlement makes
her think she's above the rules and they shouldn't be applied to her. SW
was the *perpetrator* of a racist attack on the linesperson in 2009. Hope
you don't belong to the school of thought that rules shouldn't be applied
in sensitive situations or against problem players like SW.

SW *chose* to self-destruct, to make it appear that she lost due to
'injustice' rather than superiority of her opponent. That's exactly what
she did in 2009 & 2011. The sexism/ racism angles are an afterthought & BS.

reilloc

Sep 10, 2018, 1:19:06 AM9/10/18
On 9/9/2018 11:50 PM, Geeam wrote:
> On Monday, September 10, 2018 at 6:17:55 AM UTC+2, reilloc wrote:
>> Williams said that that's exactly how she felt, I would doubt that you
>> could know otherwise since a person can only speculate about what any
>> other person feels.
>
> I did't deny she felt that way. I said it's irrelevant whether she felt that way or not. If her coach attempted to coach her, it "maybe construed as coaching". That's the rule. If you don't like it, try to change it.

When Ramos abused his discretion and issued the violation for coaching,
Williams' honesty was made an issue. She was very clear while speaking
to him at that time and later, when the third violation was levied that
he was calling her a cheat. It's precisely relevant to Ramos' ham-handed
umpiring.

>> It's interesting that your definition of coaching would include
>> invisible coaching. I don't think we need coaching to remember not to
>> include you in the rule-making process.
>
> It's not my definition. As I just posted in the other thread, the ITF defines coaching as "communications of any kind, audible or visible". So yes, coaching can be "invisible".

You contend that the invisible is visible. How odd...

LNC

ahonkan

Sep 10, 2018, 1:29:05 AM9/10/18
I have always respected your positions on most issues, but I am afraid
I totally disagree with your position in this case. First, you need to
look at SW's history - she starts ranting and raving and screaming
'injustice' *only* when she's losing and *only* at the USO, where she
knows she will get off lightly. She's done this in 2009 & 2011 as pointed
out by many.

Are you saying SW should be given refs who she can intimidate and who are
too timid to cross Her Highness' path? Are you saying her violations
should not be called esp when she's losing or playing in big matches? Even
SW's coach admitted that he was coaching with hand signals. So what's wrong
that the ref called her out?

Lahyani is an idiot and was promptly censured for his 'empathy' by breaking rules (he shouldn't leave his chair to offer free psychiatric consultations
and cheerleading sessions to petulant players). Making it look like a
problem with Ramos is twisting the facts deliberately.

ahonkan

Sep 10, 2018, 1:34:54 AM9/10/18
On Monday, 10 September 2018 10:30:58 UTC+5:30, *skriptis wrote:

> He should have made a point about the inevitability of the
> coaching warning after he had issued it and had seen she's
> starting with her entitled emotional whining.
>
> For that he was a failure, not for the decision itself.
>
> The failure to make it non-personal is what caused it all later.
>
> His ego "I'm the umpire you do as I tell you" prevented him from
> telling her "hey I might be wrong but he's sending signals that
> look like coaching and I have no choice as It's visible".
>
> That would have kicked the victimhood card out of her hands. Match
> moves on fast, it would not been an issue imo.

Do you really think so? I am convinced this was all a deliberate ploy by
SW to distract her opponent and create a controversy out of nothing. She
did it in 2009 & 2011 in similar circumstances - when she was losing.
Even if there was Lahyani instead of Ramos, it would have been the same
end result. She was goading the ref to give her a warning / penalty and
wouldn't have stopped until she got what she wanted.

reilloc

Sep 10, 2018, 1:43:19 AM9/10/18
First, what happened to Ms. Williams last Saturday had never happened
before to anybody. Next, what Ms. Williams may have done in the past has
no bearing on what happened last Saturday.

> Are you saying SW should be given refs who she can intimidate and who are
> too timid to cross Her Highness' path? Are you saying her violations
> should not be called esp when she's losing or playing in big matches? Even
> SW's coach admitted that he was coaching with hand signals. So what's wrong
> that the ref called her out?

You frame your questions in a way that shows significant bias against
Ms. Williams and, of course, your likes and dislikes are your own
business--except when it comes to the making of agreed rules and
applying those rules. It's interesting you characterize what others have
gone out of their way to describe as an even-handed application of the
rules as "calling her out." It seems you would desire a rule that could
be used to punish those you don't like, the facts of the instance
notwithstanding.

> Lahyani is an idiot and was promptly censured for his 'empathy' by breaking rules (he shouldn't leave his chair to offer free psychiatric consultations
> and cheerleading sessions to petulant players). Making it look like a
> problem with Ramos is twisting the facts deliberately.

Ramos was the bad actor here but he was given a license to act badly by
having been provided with bad laws. If you gave Ramos better rules to
use and some instruction regarding judicious application of them some of
the problems would go away.

LNC

ahonkan

Sep 10, 2018, 1:56:01 AM9/10/18
On Monday, 10 September 2018 11:13:19 UTC+5:30, reilloc wrote:
> First, what happened to Ms. Williams last Saturday had never happened
> before to anybody. Next, what Ms. Williams may have done in the past has
> no bearing on what happened last Saturday.

Are you saying no one has been given a warning for coaching? You know that's
not true. Lots of female players have been penalized for receiving coaching
during matches, including this year. If she chose to consider it an attack
on her character, it's strictly her problem, not the ref's.

In 2009, she blew up when she was called for a foot fault. Are you going to
say that she was justified in blowing up because a foot fault is rarely
called?

It is much easier to connect the dots and realize that SW always does this
at USO when she's losing. Hence pointing out her history is essential.

John Liang

Sep 10, 2018, 2:18:09 AM9/10/18
Well, it happened three times in Ms Williams career and she was the one who started every single fucking time. That is what we know up to this point. Yes, she never did this at other 3 slams but only her home grand slam. She never learn her own lesson to be resepctful and of course a small fine like 1/100 of her prize money at USO hardly means anyting .

> > Are you saying SW should be given refs who she can intimidate and who are
> > too timid to cross Her Highness' path? Are you saying her violations
> > should not be called esp when she's losing or playing in big matches? Even
> > SW's coach admitted that he was coaching with hand signals. So what's wrong
> > that the ref called her out?
>
> You frame your questions in a way that shows significant bias against
> Ms. Williams and, of course, your likes and dislikes are your own
> business--except when it comes to the making of agreed rules and
> applying those rules.

Yes, we dislike repeated offender, yes we have siginifcant bias against someone who thought they are above the game and have the right to get away by abusing the law.

It's interesting you characterize what others have
> gone out of their way to describe as an even-handed application of the
> rules as "calling her out." It seems you would desire a rule that could
> be used to punish those you don't like, the facts of the instance
> notwithstanding.

As oppose to your believe in not punishing a repeated offender like Serena.

The Iceberg

Sep 10, 2018, 4:24:14 AM9/10/18
no she hasn't, you liar. Know you just trying to virtue signal cos you always do this with what you see as non-white-USA-types for some bizarre reason, like with your dumb racist comment about how you wanted a Mexican to win the USO instead of one of your "own" Jack Sock. Why your type always have to base everything on people's skin colour is just a shame.

The Iceberg

Sep 10, 2018, 4:32:11 AM9/10/18
reilloc's only lying cos of the colour of Serena, it such a shame, he judge the world like this rather than her actions whether they good or bad. He so warped biased in this way, she could've beaten up Osaka and he still defend her. He wanted a Mexican to win the USO instead of Jack Sock, with no reason other than the Mexican wasn't one of his "own".

Whisper

Sep 10, 2018, 7:23:53 AM9/10/18
On 10/09/2018 7:01 AM, bob wrote:
> On Sun, 09 Sep 2018 14:10:04 -0500, wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk wrote:
>
>> In article <8b2d1e1f-243b-42ae...@googlegroups.com>,
>> vish...@gmail.com (SliceAndDice) wrote:
>>
>>> Unbelievable, the kind of narratives that are being spun today.
>>> When it proved hard to justify Serena's behavior, then juxtapose it
>>> against male behavior and suggest (falsely, through some cherry
>>> picking) that men get away with worse and spin this into a
>>> pro-feminist narrative. Serena's cheerleaders are hard at work.
>>> There is definitely an inconsistent enforcement of rules, but I do
>>> not believe there is a gender bias here. It is just that very few
>>> female tennis players behave as badly as Serena (when she is in a
>>> losing position) and therefore she gets to shine a spotlight, claim
>>> it only happens to her and play victim.
>>
>> I think most of the inconsistency is down to the different personalities
>> of the umpires. If Mohamed Lahyani had been in the chair, he might have
>> issued a "soft" warning that if the coaching persisted SW woiuld get a
>> formal warning. But once Ramos issued the coaching warning, the rest was
>> simple enforcement of the rules.
>>
>> SW self-destructed here. She would have done better to focus on the match
>> and file a complaint later. That said, a lifetime of being on the
>> receiving end of sexism and racism is part of *why* she
>> detonated.
>
> thanks for your post wendy as a highly respected female in this group.
>
> i can differ on something: you can't just say every time things don't
> go SW's way it's cause of sexism/racism. sometimes you have to just
> acknowledge she's an ass. i don't think venus has the same trouble,
> nor stephens, nor keys, nor osaka.
>
> bob

See what I mean by Serena's antics being good for the game? Even Wendy
is making posts, & when I logged in there were 600 unread rst posts!

If Naomi won 62 64 without any drama maybe they'd be 100 posts tops?
Huge media interest too - everyone talking about tennis & sexism/racism
etc. It's like the good old days when McEnroe ruled the world.

: )

* Of course if Serena had managed to win after going apeshit & Naomi
collapsing because of it it would be less funny, but the media explosion
& rst posts 10x?

We all love being outraged.

: )

---
https://www.avg.com

heyg...@gmail.com

Sep 10, 2018, 7:56:19 AM9/10/18
If people are going to discuss Serena’s past outbursts you have to discuss her past experiences with umpires, which included the 2004 USO where the umpire incorrectly overruled several calls, costing Serena the match. It was so bad the USO went to electronic line calling the next year. Maybe if she hadn’t been screwed over by an umpire first she reacts differently in 2009 on?

guypers

Sep 10, 2018, 8:18:07 AM9/10/18
On Monday, 10 September 2018 07:56:19 UTC-4, heyg...@gmail.com wrote:
> If people are going to discuss Serena’s past outbursts you have to discuss her past experiences with umpires, which included the 2004 USO where the umpire incorrectly overruled several calls, costing Serena the match. It was so bad the USO went to electronic line calling the next year. Maybe if she hadn’t been screwed over by an umpire first she reacts differently in 2009 on?

Yes, racism, sexism, eltist at work, bjk is right asalways!

guypers

Sep 10, 2018, 8:52:55 AM9/10/18

*skriptis

Sep 10, 2018, 9:01:11 AM9/10/18
ahonkan <aho...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
Very likely you're right, but with Lahyani or someone with such
approach, we would have known for sure.

She would have been deprived of a cause.
I have nothing positive to say about her but the umpire was kinda
mediocre.

Darkfalz

Sep 10, 2018, 9:25:03 AM9/10/18
On Monday, September 10, 2018 at 5:41:07 AM UTC+10, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> > a lifetime of being on the
> receiving end of sexism and racism is part of *why* she
> detonated.
>
> Yes, I agree she and her father are driving force of racism and sexism in US.
>
> Why is she and Venus with white guys?

Venus is much better liked outside the US than her sister. So are all the other black players. Weird how people are only "racists" when you are an ill-tempered brute and bad sportsperson.

Calimero

Sep 10, 2018, 2:18:37 PM9/10/18
The fusion of nationalism and socialism yields the ugliest results. You are living proof for that.

Max

--
"Which is why she has never been the well-rounded, cultured, intellectually sophisticated person Serena is."
(Stephen Jaros, on Steffi Graf, rec.sport.tennis, April 14th, 2018)

bob

Sep 10, 2018, 6:30:29 PM9/10/18
On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 21:23:43 +1000, Whisper <beav...@ozemail.com>
wrote:
great post, absolutely! at work people were talking about tennis for
the 1st time since maybe 09 USO? :-)

bob

bob

Sep 10, 2018, 6:31:32 PM9/10/18
On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 05:52:53 -0700 (PDT), guypers <gap...@gmail.com>
only black blake admitted such! lol

bob

bob

Sep 10, 2018, 6:40:06 PM9/10/18
On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 07:00:57 +0200 (CEST), *skriptis
<skri...@post.t-com.hr> wrote:

>reilloc <rei...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
>> On 9/9/2018 2:10 PM, wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk wrote:

>>> I think most of the inconsistency is down to the different personalities
>>> of the umpires. If Mohamed Lahyani had been in the chair, he might have
>>> issued a "soft" warning that if the coaching persisted SW woiuld get a
>>> formal warning. But once Ramos issued the coaching warning, the rest was
>>> simple enforcement of the rules.
>>
>> It's my position that both the coaching infraction and the abusive
>> language infraction were an abuse of Ramos' discretion.
>

>That's the most absurd thing I've read here in weeks.

well, it's reilloc. :-)

>An umpire can't warn a player if he thinks she's getting coached
> from the stats? Are you nuts? And that he can't warn her for calling him a liar?
>Wow.
>Look, Ramos did nothing wrong, but he was imposing himself and
> placing his ego above what was his task, taking care of the
> match.
>He should have made a point about the inevitability of the
> coaching warning after he had issued it and had seen she's
> starting with her entitled emotional whining.
>For that he was a failure, not for the decision itself.
>The failure to make it non-personal is what caused it all later.
>His ego "I'm the umpire you do as I tell you" prevented him from
> telling her "hey I might be wrong but he's sending signals that
> look like coaching and I have no choice as It's visible".
>That would have kicked the victimhood card out of her hands. Match
> moves on fast, it would not been an issue imo.

i'm glad reilloc is in this group.

it gives non americans an insight into absurdities going on here,
before you all thought i must be making it up.

bob

*skriptis

Sep 10, 2018, 7:00:43 PM9/10/18
bob <b...@bob.com> Wrote in message:
He doesn't write Serena, rather Ms Williams for posting in rst.
Insane.

Why not go full troll, let's use Mrs Alexis Ohanian instead?