Grupy dyskusyjne Google nie obsługują już nowych postów ani subskrypcji z Usenetu. Treści historyczne nadal będą dostępne.

Rafa announces retirement today?

110 wyświetleń

Pelle Svanslös

nieprzeczytany,
18 maj 2023, 03:14:5218.05.2023
do
https://twitter.com/TennisPodcast/status/1658880914804310016

Djok will retire after having of won Wimbledon.

--
"And off they went, from here to there,
The bear, the bear, and the maiden fair"

*skriptis

nieprzeczytany,
18 maj 2023, 03:30:2818.05.2023
do
Pelle Svanslös <pe...@svans.los> Wrote in message:r
> https://twitter.com/TennisPodcast/status/1658880914804310016Djok will retire after having of won Wimbledon.-- "And off they went, from here to there,The bear, the bear, and the maiden fair"-- Traditional

If he retires, he'll go in history as undefeated in 14 FO finals, which is insane, having won 14/15 FO semis and 15/16 FO quarters.

He didn't even lose FO semi until he was 35 and was put on a night match under the lights to play against the other goat. He was undoubtedly inferior only once, in 2015.

He won 43 out of 45 matches in FO quarters, semis and finals.

Both loses to Djokovic.

And that Söderling thing in Round of 16, lol.
Biggest upset in sports for me.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----

The Iceberg

nieprzeczytany,
18 maj 2023, 04:13:5818.05.2023
do
On Thursday, 18 May 2023 at 08:30:28 UTC+1, *skriptis wrote:
> Pelle Svanslös <pe...@svans.los> Wrote in message:r
> > https://twitter.com/TennisPodcast/status/1658880914804310016Djok will retire after having of won Wimbledon.-- "And off they went, from here to there,The bear, the bear, and the maiden fair"-- Traditional
>

> If he retires, he'll go in history as undefeated in 14 FO finals, which is insane, having won 14/15 FO semis and 15/16 FO quarters.
>
> He didn't even lose FO semi until he was 35 and was put on a night match under the lights to play against the other goat. He was undoubtedly inferior only once, in 2015.
>
> He won 43 out of 45 matches in FO quarters, semis and finals.
>
> Both loses to Djokovic.
>

> And that Söderling thing in Round of 16, lol.
> Biggest upset in sports for me.

Great posting! the Fedfans should give big credit to Soderling for being the biggest Fedfan in history, he really hated Nadal was amazing. Thanks for the info too Pelle.

gap...@gmail.com

nieprzeczytany,
18 maj 2023, 08:47:5618.05.2023
do
Yes, trudat, TT is still jizzing?

PeteWasLucky

nieprzeczytany,
19 maj 2023, 13:28:1819.05.2023
do
Pelle Svanslös <pe...@svans.los> Wrote in message:r
> https://twitter.com/TennisPodcast/status/1658880914804310016Djok will retire after having of won Wimbledon.-- "And off they went, from here to there,The bear, the bear, and the maiden fair"-- Traditional

It's sad. End of the greatest era.

The Iceberg

nieprzeczytany,
19 maj 2023, 14:45:5419.05.2023
do
On Friday, 19 May 2023 at 18:28:18 UTC+1, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> Pelle Svanslös <pe...@svans.los> Wrote in message:r
> > https://twitter.com/TennisPodcast/status/1658880914804310016Djok will retire after having of won Wimbledon.-- "And off they went, from here to there,The bear, the bear, and the maiden fair"-- Traditional
>
> It's sad. End of the greatest era.

yes :'(

Whisper

nieprzeczytany,
19 maj 2023, 17:46:4719.05.2023
do
On 20/05/2023 3:26 am, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> Pelle Svanslös <pe...@svans.los> Wrote in message:r
>> https://twitter.com/TennisPodcast/status/1658880914804310016Djok will retire after having of won Wimbledon.-- "And off they went, from here to there,The bear, the bear, and the maiden fair"-- Traditional
>
> It's sad. End of the greatest era.

Nadal's record is too mind blowing to fully comprehend right now,
historians will look at it in disbelief for centuries.

*skriptis

nieprzeczytany,
19 maj 2023, 18:37:1219.05.2023
do
Whisper <whi...@ozemail.com.au> Wrote in message:r
> On 20/05/2023 3:26 am, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Pelle Svanslös <pe...@svans.los> Wrote in message:r>> https://twitter.com/TennisPodcast/status/1658880914804310016Djok will retire after having of won Wimbledon.-- "And off they went, from here to there,The bear, the bear, and the maiden fair"-- Traditional> > It's sad. End of the greatest era.Nadal's record is too mind blowing to fully comprehend right now, historians will look at it in disbelief for centuries.

They'll just dismiss it once enough time passes.

Whisper

nieprzeczytany,
19 maj 2023, 21:15:3319.05.2023
do
On 20/05/2023 8:35 am, *skriptis wrote:
> Whisper <whi...@ozemail.com.au> Wrote in message:r
>> On 20/05/2023 3:26 am, PeteWasLucky wrote:> Pelle Svanslös <pe...@svans.los> Wrote in message:r>> https://twitter.com/TennisPodcast/status/1658880914804310016Djok will retire after having of won Wimbledon.-- "And off they went, from here to there,The bear, the bear, and the maiden fair"-- Traditional> > It's sad. End of the greatest era.Nadal's record is too mind blowing to fully comprehend right now, historians will look at it in disbelief for centuries.
>

> They'll just dismiss it once enough time passes.

Rafa will be 1 of the eternals like Rod Laver and Margaret Court
currently are. He'll probably stand alone in that unbeatable category
as that FO record is just too bizarre for even fantasy. Before Nadal
came on 3 FO's was considered about the maximum possible eg Lendl,
Wilander, Guga. Only Borg won more and his 6 was considered almost
impossible to replicate. Must be nice retiring knowing your record will
never be beaten. He'll sleep very well for the rest of his life. In
fact I don't see anyone getting half way to get to 7 FO's. Chris Evert
did that and she's considered the clay goddess.

None of the other big tennis records are as safe as the 14 FO's. Sure
it won't be easy for some guy to win 22+ slams, 7 yr end No.1, 2
calendar slams (Laver) etc, but in theory someone like Alacarez could do
all this before 30. You certainly can't say never. But the 14 FO's?
Forget about it. How many players have even entered 14 FO's?

Sawfish

nieprzeczytany,
19 maj 2023, 21:31:5319.05.2023
do
I predict that when the AI overlords take over in 2026, he will be
forcibly bred with Emma Raducanu to produce a new breed of humans
optimized for tennis. The actual breeding will be internationally
televised as a part of the World Cup Finals.

Am I right, or am I right, Whisp?

--
--Sawfish
"I wouldn't want to belong to a club that would accept someone like me

gap...@gmail.com

nieprzeczytany,
19 maj 2023, 21:33:1519.05.2023
do
The clay monkey for sure, but never as talented as Rog or as successful as
Djoker! #3 isnt too bad for the senor!

MBDunc

nieprzeczytany,
20 maj 2023, 14:44:1120.05.2023
do
On Saturday, May 20, 2023 at 4:15:33 AM UTC+3, Whisper wrote:

> Rafa will be 1 of the eternals like (laver, court removed)

For sure. Nadal will be at any tier 1 speculations forever.

He made Borg not so.

.mikko

Whisper

nieprzeczytany,
20 maj 2023, 18:01:4820.05.2023
do
Borg has his own niche. He had that amazing career of winning a slam
every yr of his career, and on the 2 most different surfaces. Only
played 3 slams but still won 6 FO, 5 Wimbledons and made 4 USO finals
all by 25. Retired very young mainly a victim of his own high success
where he considered no.2 like being no.20 (his words). A bit less
success in his early days may have prolonged his career, like Connors?
Say he lost 1977 Wimbledon final and a FO final somewhere, he wouldn't
have retired at 21 lol. Would have better accepted losing as part of
the tennis cycle and played on.

Nadal is tennis perfection on clay, took it as far as humanly possible -
should have been impossible what he did but it is what it is - a true
tennis god.

Rich D

nieprzeczytany,
20 maj 2023, 20:25:3020.05.2023
do
On May 18, Pelle Svanslös wrote:
> https://twitter.com/TennisPodcast/status/1658880914804310016
> Djok will retire after having of won Wimbledon.

My favorite sports article report:
"Nadal has played twelve French Opens, and lost two matches."

--
Rich

Rich D

nieprzeczytany,
22 maj 2023, 14:08:1522.05.2023
do
On May 19, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> "And off they went, from here to there, The bear, the bear, and the maiden fair"
> It's sad. End of the greatest era.

Borg/Connors/McEnroe was pretty good.

No other such rivalries come to mind.
Becker/Lendl, Sampras/Agassi? not quite -

--
Rich

Nowe wiadomości: 0