Slam predictions for 2023

Ocean Naught

Sep 25, 2022, 12:09:33 PM9/25/22
AO: Sinner
FO: Alcaraz
Wimbledon: Djokovic
USO: Zverev

RaspingDrive

Sep 25, 2022, 6:19:25 PM9/25/22
Nothing for Djokovic next year. That would be my prediction. (Assuming that he won't be allowed to play AO 2023). With 1 gone and 4 always uncertain, 2 and 3 are possibilities. But he will be running 37 when 2 and 3 arrive next year. He is ripe for an upset at 3. At 2, Nadal, if he doesn't retire, may still be the top dog.

The Iceberg

Sep 26, 2022, 6:28:56 AM9/26/22
why on earth would you have Alcaraz as winning the FO?? he got whooped as in seriously beaten by Zverev this year, which clay tournament has he performed well in exactly?

Ocean Naught

Sep 26, 2022, 9:45:57 AM9/26/22
Alcaraz won Madrid by beating Nadal and Djokovic.

Whisper

Sep 26, 2022, 11:00:39 AM9/26/22
I think Djoker will be allowed in AO so that's his best chance for a
slam next yr - 10 AO has a nice ring to it, fitting way to close out his
slam career. Alacaraz unlikely to win 2 slams in a row at age 19 so
overall AO looks good for Djoker on paper. You can't count him out at
Wimbledon obviously, but he'll be 36 and it will show imo. Sinner led
2-0 this yr, Felix just crushed him in Laver Cup which was surprising
given he beat Tiafoe easily, but that's an age thing, tough to back up
the next day. Nadal will give FO everything he has and that may be
enough to get the 15th FO and 23rd slam (at age 37) and call it a day.

Alcaraz and Sinner may split Wim/USO next yr.

Sawfish

Sep 26, 2022, 11:32:37 AM9/26/22
On 9/26/22 8:00 AM, Whisper wrote:
> On 26/09/2022 8:19 am, RaspingDrive wrote:
>> On Sunday, September 25, 2022 at 12:09:33 PM UTC-4,
>> oceanau...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> AO: Sinner
>>> FO: Alcaraz
>>> Wimbledon: Djokovic
>>> USO: Zverev
>>
>> Nothing for Djokovic next year. That would be my prediction.
>> (Assuming that he won't be allowed to play AO 2023).  With 1 gone and
>> 4 always uncertain, 2 and 3 are possibilities. But he will be running
>> 37 when 2 and 3 arrive next year. He is >ripe for an upset at 3. At
>> 2, Nadal, if he doesn't retire, may still be the top dog.
>

> I think Djoker will be allowed in AO so that's his best chance for a
> slam next yr - 10 AO has a nice ring to it, fitting way to close out
> his slam career.  Alacaraz unlikely to win 2 slams in a row at age 19
> so overall AO looks good for Djoker on paper.  You can't count him out
> at Wimbledon obviously, but he'll be 36 and it will show imo.

Speaking of age showing, at the Laver Cup farewell match, both my wife
and I commented on just how much age showed for both Nadal and Fed as
compared to Sock/Tiafoe.

Your thoughts?

--
--Sawfish
"If there's one thing I can't stand, it's intolerance."

Whisper

Sep 26, 2022, 11:49:43 AM9/26/22
On 27/09/2022 1:32 am, Sawfish wrote:
> On 9/26/22 8:00 AM, Whisper wrote:
>> On 26/09/2022 8:19 am, RaspingDrive wrote:
>>>
>>> Nothing for Djokovic next year. That would be my prediction.
>>> (Assuming that he won't be allowed to play AO 2023).  With 1 gone and
>>> 4 always uncertain, 2 and 3 are possibilities. But he will be running
>>> 37 when 2 and 3 arrive next year. He is >ripe for an upset at 3. At
>>> 2, Nadal, if he doesn't retire, may still be the top dog.
>>

>> I think Djoker will be allowed in AO so that's his best chance for a
>> slam next yr - 10 AO has a nice ring to it, fitting way to close out
>> his slam career.  Alacaraz unlikely to win 2 slams in a row at age 19
>> so overall AO looks good for Djoker on paper.  You can't count him out
>> at Wimbledon obviously, but he'll be 36 and it will show imo.
>

> Speaking of age showing, at the Laver Cup farewell match, both my wife
> and I commented on just how much age showed for both Nadal and Fed as
> compared to Sock/Tiafoe.
>
> Your thoughts?

Absolutely. It's a miracle Nadal won AO and FO this year as old as he
is, very surreal watching it happen. Djoker may be at the stage where
he plays great 1 day but can't back up next day as his form drops way
down due to age/fatigue showing. Nadal's only chance at a slam next yr
has to be FO, and unless I'm wrong he really should consider retiring at
that FO. It would be tragic to see more efforts like he produced v
Tiafoe at USO.

undecided

Sep 26, 2022, 1:50:18 PM9/26/22
On Sunday, September 25, 2022 at 12:09:33 PM UTC-4, oceanau...@gmail.com wrote:
1st, let me say that now that Alcaraz has the slam monkey off his back he should start racking up more of them but unless we see evidence of that I will go with:

AO: Anyone
FO: Nadal if not injured/retired
Wimbledon: Anyone
USO: Alcaraz

Ocean Naught

Sep 26, 2022, 2:23:02 PM9/26/22
Nadal and Djokovic are not winning the US Open again.

In 2024 they will be beaten at all the slams by the players born in the early 2000s.

Djokovic's wrist issues won't allow him to win slams after 2023.

Nadal is done.

They will finish 22-22 at the slams but Djokovic has the BEST resume so he will be considered the GOAT.

grif

Sep 26, 2022, 2:27:03 PM9/26/22