... Agassi sues Graf

Vari L. Cinicke

Dec 8, 2008, 3:49:51 PM12/8/08
Ok, ok! The ... is really 'Ex-manager for' and the real story is:

Ex-manager for Agassi sues Graf

Andre Agassi's former manager, Perry Rogers, has filed a lawsuit against
Agassi's wife, retired tennis star Steffi Graf, claiming breach of contract.

In the lawsuit filed Friday in Clark County District Court, Rogers is
seeking $50,000 plus interest and legal fees for acting as her manager
and agent since 2002.

Agassi, in a statement, said, "I am both saddened and disappointed to
learn that Perry has filed a lawsuit, and sadder still that he has sued
my wife, Stefanie.

"I remain hopeful that we will be able to resolve our business issues
with minimal damage to our families and mutual friends."

Full story at:

http://www.lvrj.com/news/35674229.html

--
Cheers,

vc

Wayne

Dec 8, 2008, 3:54:30 PM12/8/08

Oooh sounds like it's getting a bit nasty. Shame - Andre and Perry
have been friends since they were about 8 or something!

Calimero

Dec 8, 2008, 6:05:22 PM12/8/08

Graf has beaten Microsoft in court.
Who is this "Rogers" guy ... ?

Max

DavidW

Dec 8, 2008, 6:41:33 PM12/8/08

What was that about?

Vari L. Cinicke

Dec 8, 2008, 7:06:26 PM12/8/08

So there are still things *you* don't know about Graf? Shame on you,
Calimero is not going to be proud of you!

Germany. Steffi Graf wins her lawsuit against Microsoft

On 28 may 2002, the Court of Appeal of Koln upheld a ruling last October
by a lower court and decided that even though the
Internet Service Provider (ISP) is not liable for the content that
others post to their unmoderated sites if removing or disabling
access to offending material immediately upon being notified of its
presence, the ISP is responsible when it does not prevent a
similar content to appear on its site in future.

In this case, fake nude photos of Steffi Graf, the retired tenniswoman,
showing her head morphed to another woman's nude body,
were posted on a Web site run by the ISP Microsoft Germany. She asked
the company to remove the pictures that appeared on its
site. The ISP complied with her request but the tenniswomen asked also
the company to sign an undertaking that they would not
appear again. Microsoft declined to sign and Graf took proceedings
against the company. The lower court condemned Microsoft
to pay a fine if such pictures appear.

This case shows all the complexity to deal with the liability of ISP for
the content post on their websites by third parties. Bernhard
Grander, Microsoft Germany spokesman, underlines that the company
disagrees with the court's decision and insists that it
"endangers the existence of live-chat and private (Internet) communities."

--
Cheers,

vc

DavidW

Dec 8, 2008, 7:14:09 PM12/8/08
Vari L. Cinicke wrote:
> DavidW wrote:
>> Calimero wrote:

>>> Graf has beaten Microsoft in court.
>>
>> What was that about?
>>

> So there are still things *you* don't know about Graf? Shame on you,
> Calimero is not going to be proud of you!

I plead guilty and throw myself on the mercy of RST.

> Germany. Steffi Graf wins her lawsuit against Microsoft
>
> On 28 may 2002, the Court of Appeal of Koln upheld a ruling last
> October by a lower court and decided that even though the
> Internet Service Provider (ISP) is not liable for the content that
> others post to their unmoderated sites if removing or disabling
> access to offending material immediately upon being notified of its
> presence, the ISP is responsible when it does not prevent a
> similar content to appear on its site in future.
>
> In this case, fake nude photos of Steffi Graf, the retired
> tenniswoman, showing her head morphed to another woman's nude body,
> were posted on a Web site run by the ISP Microsoft Germany. She asked
> the company to remove the pictures that appeared on its
> site. The ISP complied with her request but the tenniswomen asked also
> the company to sign an undertaking that they would not
> appear again. Microsoft declined to sign and Graf took proceedings
> against the company. The lower court condemned Microsoft
> to pay a fine if such pictures appear.
>
> This case shows all the complexity to deal with the liability of ISP
> for the content post on their websites by third parties. Bernhard
> Grander, Microsoft Germany spokesman, underlines that the company
> disagrees with the court's decision and insists that it
> "endangers the existence of live-chat and private (Internet)
> communities."

It's pretty tough for an ISP to comply with that. It would have to check _all_
pictorial content to be sure to catch those pictures reappearing.

jdeluise

Dec 8, 2008, 7:17:03 PM12/8/08

On 8-Dec-2008, "Vari L. Cinicke" <cin...@netscape.net> wrote:

> In this case, fake nude photos of Steffi Graf, the retired tenniswoman,

I wonder if they would refer to Agassi as the retired "tennisman"?

Dave Hazelwood

Dec 8, 2008, 7:48:01 PM12/8/08

they used her figure on a msmouse with her nose as the wheel and her
ass as the grip.

Vari L. Cinicke

Dec 8, 2008, 7:55:20 PM12/8/08

rst routinely forgets a lot worse. <<Free of charge train(wreck) of
thought! Of course, the mandatory public flogging will take place to
usher in the new season in the most auspicious way imaginable. If it is
webcast, let us know. The 2009 celebrations seem to be in the vicinity
of Sydney and the benefits for the floggees include a free one way
ticket to Sydney. Just ask around and maybe you can have tix for the
Sydney tournament. I hear Hewitt is planning his hip and charge comeback
there.>>

The ruling certainly seems archaic and practically unenforceable. It was
made an internet eon ago.

Would a digitally altered picture of the digitally altered picture in
question be the same image or a different image? Maybe Microsoft should
have asked Graf for an algorithm to recognize the picture. Seems a
reasonable way to split the burden. Seems practical and applicable to
all the copyright foofaraw. I will do it as soon as they give me an
algorithm that will recognize all the offending items and not have any
false positives ...

--
Cheers,

vc

Vari L. Cinicke

Dec 8, 2008, 8:06:32 PM12/8/08

Probably translated from the original German by someone from the
fatherland. Maybe better than tennis dame or frau! :-)

--
Cheers,

vc

wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk

Dec 11, 2008, 3:51:18 PM12/11/08
In article <HLi%k.526$Ir1...@newsfe05.iad>, n...@email.provided (DavidW)
wrote:

> It's pretty tough for an ISP to comply with that. It would have to
> check _all_ pictorial content to be sure to catch those pictures
> reappearing.

Yes. I wrote at the time that I thought it was a bad decision.

wg

Calimero

Dec 11, 2008, 4:47:36 PM12/11/08

As a matter of fact there were a lot of Graf fake pictures in the
internet BEFORE that decision.
Afterwards almost none.
Graf and the court did the right thing. They send a message.

Max

jdeluise

Dec 11, 2008, 4:49:30 PM12/11/08

On 11-Dec-2008, Calimero <calim...@gmx.de> wrote:

> As a matter of fact there were a lot of Graf fake pictures in the
> internet BEFORE that decision.
> Afterwards almost none.
> Graf and the court did the right thing. They send a message.
>
> Max

lol, so Graf defeated the internet now?

DavidW

Dec 11, 2008, 4:58:31 PM12/11/08
jdeluise wrote:
> On 11-Dec-2008, Calimero <calim...@gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> As a matter of fact there were a lot of Graf fake pictures in the
>> internet BEFORE that decision.
>> Afterwards almost none.
>> Graf and the court did the right thing. They send a message.
>
> lol, so Graf defeated the internet now?

Good isn't she?

Vari L. Cinicke

Dec 11, 2008, 5:00:40 PM12/11/08

One must admire the dedication of someone who has searched entire
internet for Graf fake pictures and found almost none. How many images
are there on the internet? Billions upon billions for sure. What
fraction is almost none?

--
Cheers,

vc

jdeluise

Dec 11, 2008, 5:08:20 PM12/11/08

Can you have her work on the spam problem then?

tenni...@yahoo.com

Dec 11, 2008, 6:28:26 PM12/11/08
> ass as the grip.- Hide quoted text -

you are one filthy sob.

Dave Hazelwood

Dec 11, 2008, 8:25:35 PM12/11/08

that's why i live with a pig.

Rodjk #613

Dec 11, 2008, 8:33:36 PM12/11/08

You know, Whisper gets a lot of grief about posting misleading titles
like this one...

Rodjk #613

jdeluise

Dec 11, 2008, 10:11:10 PM12/11/08

I think this is very different than an obituary though.

Vari L. Cinicke

Dec 11, 2008, 10:17:23 PM12/11/08
Rodjk #613 wrote:
> On Dec 8, 2:49 pm, "Vari L. Cinicke" <cini...@netscape.net> wrote:
>> Ok, ok! The ... is really 'Ex-manager for' and the real story is:
>>
>> Ex-manager for Agassi sues Graf
>>
>> Andre Agassi's former manager, Perry Rogers, has filed a lawsuit against
>> Agassi's wife, retired tennis star Steffi Graf, claiming breach of contract.
>>
>> In the lawsuit filed Friday in Clark County District Court, Rogers is
>> seeking $50,000 plus interest and legal fees for acting as her manager
>> and agent since 2002.
>>
>> Agassi, in a statement, said, "I am both saddened and disappointed to
>> learn that Perry has filed a lawsuit, and sadder still that he has sued
>> my wife, Stefanie.
>>
>> "I remain hopeful that we will be able to resolve our business issues
>> with minimal damage to our families and mutual friends."
>>
>> Full story at:
>>
>> http://www.lvrj.com/news/35674229.html
>>

> You know, Whisper gets a lot of grief about posting misleading titles
> like this one...
>
> Rodjk #613

Lawsuits might will be the death of us all but still ... there is some
distance between this and "XYZ is dead".

If I had left it all unclear in the post, the distance would be less
still. But I believe my post cleared things up right away.

So maybe a tiny bit of "made you look" in my post but nowhere in the
class of the obits that your grief-monger has graced us with.

Ultimately, it is about the intention, isn't it?

--
Cheers,

vc

Rodjk #613

Dec 12, 2008, 9:51:12 AM12/12/08
On Dec 11, 9:17 pm, "Vari L. Cinicke" <cini...@netscape.net> wrote:
> Rodjk #613 wrote:
> > On Dec 8, 2:49 pm, "Vari L. Cinicke" <cini...@netscape.net> wrote:
> >> Ok, ok! The ... is really 'Ex-manager for' and the real story is:
>
> >> Ex-manager for Agassi sues Graf
>
> >> Andre Agassi's former manager, Perry Rogers, has filed a lawsuit against
> >> Agassi's wife, retired tennis star Steffi Graf, claiming breach of contract.
>
> >> In the lawsuit filed Friday in Clark County District Court, Rogers is
> >> seeking $50,000 plus interest and legal fees for acting as her manager
> >> and agent since 2002.
>
> >> Agassi, in a statement, said, "I am both saddened and disappointed to
> >> learn that Perry has filed a lawsuit, and sadder still that he has sued
> >> my wife, Stefanie.
>
> >> "I remain hopeful that we will be able to resolve our business issues
> >> with minimal damage to our families and mutual friends."
>
> >> Full story at:
>
> >>http://www.lvrj.com/news/35674229.html
>
> > You know, Whisper gets a lot of grief about posting misleading titles
> > like this one...
>
> > Rodjk #613
>
> Lawsuits might will be the death of us all but still ... there is some
> distance between this and "XYZ is dead".

Agreed.

> If I had left it all unclear in the post, the distance would be less
> still. But I believe my post cleared things up right away.
>
> So maybe a tiny bit of "made you look" in my post but nowhere in the
> class of the obits that your grief-monger has graced us with.
>
> Ultimately, it is about the intention, isn't it?
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> vc

For the most part, I agree.
But it is a matter of degree of difference, and I thought it should be
mentioned at least. It is only fair.

Rodjk #613

Vari L. Cinicke

Dec 12, 2008, 10:54:50 AM12/12/08
> For the most part, I agree.
> But it is a matter of degree of difference, and I thought it should be
> mentioned at least. It is only fair.
>
> Rodjk #613

As you know, rst is a forum where anyone can mention anything and many
often do.

You are welcome to your opinion that to a certain degree my post =
posting a misleading obit multiple times. I am not even remotely
convinced of it.

Bringing fairness into rst and trying to combine fairness and Whisper
into one post is a low blow, IMHO.

Just saying!

--
Cheers,

vc

Rodjk #613

Dec 12, 2008, 11:17:34 AM12/12/08

Yeah. Lists of Beatles songs...

> You are welcome to your opinion that to a certain degree my post =
> posting a misleading obit multiple times. I am not even remotely
> convinced of it.

I am not convinced of it either. Just making conversation, and trying
to sort out my feelings on the matter. It could be said that
misleading titles is misleading titles. But I agree, your post makes
it quite clear of your intent, and a lawsuit is not the same as an
obit.

What I am afraid of is that my feelings of annoyance to Whisper make
me criticize a tactic of his while accepting something that could
possible be related in another poster who is not as annoying.

Not that you really care who I find annoying. :)
Just trying to work out my thoughts. And by no means do I mean to be
rude to you. I hope it was not taken that way.

> Bringing fairness into rst and trying to combine fairness and Whisper
> into one post is a low blow, IMHO.

Agreed. Just a bit confused on my part.
Add to that a slow day at work...

Rodjk #613

pltrgyst

Dec 12, 2008, 11:43:42 AM12/12/08
On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 20:49:51 GMT, "Vari L. Cinicke" <cin...@netscape.net>
wrote:

>Andre Agassi's former manager, Perry Rogers, has filed a lawsuit against

>Agassi's wife, retired tennis star Steffi Graf, claiming breach of contract.
>
>In the lawsuit filed Friday in Clark County District Court, Rogers is
>seeking $50,000 plus interest and legal fees for acting as her manager

>and agent since 2002....

The wierdest part of this is the amount of the lawsuit -- $50,000 is pocket
change to all these people. Perry must feel that he has been mightily wronged by
his old pal and his pal's new wife...

-- Larry

Vari L. Cinicke

Dec 12, 2008, 1:05:03 PM12/12/08

Not so new wife, actually. The old loyalties versus the new is always a
potential minefield and such fallouts are quite sad.

I suppose in an odd way the lawsuit will bring closure. A bad closure,
but a closure nevertheless.

--
Cheers,

vc

Vari L. Cinicke

Dec 12, 2008, 1:06:40 PM12/12/08

I have no issues with you and I am not about to take anything said on
rst personally in any case.

Just wanted to clarify my position, that is all.

--
Cheers,

vc

wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk

Dec 12, 2008, 3:56:45 PM12/12/08
In article
<5dbf155a-8f1f-4d41...@r36g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
calim...@gmx.de (Calimero) wrote:

> As a matter of fact there were a lot of Graf fake pictures in the
> internet BEFORE that decision.
> Afterwards almost none.
> Graf and the court did the right thing. They send a message.

You may be confusing MSN with the Internet.

wg

Calimero

Dec 12, 2008, 5:44:47 PM12/12/08
On Dec 12, 9:56 pm, wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk wrote:
> In article
> <5dbf155a-8f1f-4d41-9ada-9c0327de8...@r36g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,

> calimero...@gmx.de (Calimero) wrote:
>
> > As a matter of fact there were a lot of Graf fake pictures in the
> > internet BEFORE that decision.
> > Afterwards almost none.
> > Graf and the court did the right thing. They send a message.
>
> You may be confusing MSN with the Internet.

I don't.

Max

jdeluise

Dec 12, 2008, 5:53:56 PM12/12/08

Look, considering the amount of illegal material and copyright violations
that float around the Internet, any rational person would conclude that this
court case has nothing to do with any perceived lack of fake Graf
pictures.... Have you considered a lack of interest perhaps?

Calimero

Dec 12, 2008, 6:06:20 PM12/12/08
On Dec 12, 11:53 pm, "jdeluise" <jdelu...@gmail.com> wrote:

They were gone within a few months after the court's decision.
Obviously the interest was waning very, very rapidly ...

Max

jdeluise

Dec 12, 2008, 8:01:42 PM12/12/08

On 12-Dec-2008, Calimero <calim...@gmx.de> wrote:

Because it's such a slow day....can you tell me what evidence you have of
the above?

Calimero

Dec 13, 2008, 4:12:49 AM12/13/08

When you looked for pictures of "Steffi Graf" in search engines like
Google you would get about 2 or 3 % nasty fake pictures before the
court's decision. Some months after that - zero.
Coincidence ... ?

Max

Fan

Dec 13, 2008, 8:29:46 AM12/13/08
On Dec 8, 9:49 pm, "Vari L. Cinicke" <cini...@netscape.net> wrote:
> Ok, ok! The ... is really 'Ex-manager for' and the real story is:
>
> Ex-manager for Agassi sues Graf
>
> Andre Agassi's former manager, Perry Rogers, has filed a lawsuit against
> Agassi's wife, retired tennis star Steffi Graf, claiming breach of contract.
>
> In the lawsuit filed Friday in Clark County District Court, Rogers is
> seeking $50,000 plus interest and legal fees for acting as her manager
> and agent since 2002.
>
> Agassi, in a statement, said, "I am both saddened and disappointed to
> learn that Perry has filed a lawsuit, and sadder still that he has sued
> my wife, Stefanie.
>
> "I remain hopeful that we will be able to resolve our business issues
> with minimal damage to our families and mutual friends."
>
> Full story at:
>
> http://www.lvrj.com/news/35674229.html
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> vc

It is a sad ending of a lifelong friendship.
http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2000/08/06/spt_the_other_side_of.html
Your misleading title could have come from any trash magazine.
I would not be surprised if Agassi would have wanted to pay Rogers
whatever Rogers felt he was entitled. Having to choose between a
lifelong friend and the mother of his children had to be no picnic for
him. Money means a lot to Germans. That may be one of the reasons
Germans and Jews had some difficulties :)
This episode is reminder that Graf let her dad cool his heels for a
long time before paying up the back taxes she owned.

Calimero

Dec 13, 2008, 9:28:34 AM12/13/08
On Dec 13, 2:29 pm, Fan <Turnagain...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> This episode is reminder that Graf let her dad cool his heels for a
> long time before paying up the back taxes she owned.

Please elaborate.

Max

jdeluise

Dec 13, 2008, 12:18:40 PM12/13/08

I see, just anecdotal evidence....

Calimero

Dec 13, 2008, 12:42:51 PM12/13/08
On Dec 13, 6:18 pm, "jdeluise" <jdelu...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sorry, that I didn't save those Graf fake pics for you ...

Max

jdeluise

Dec 13, 2008, 12:52:29 PM12/13/08

On 13-Dec-2008, Calimero <calim...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Sorry, that I didn't save those Graf fake pics for you ...

What would that prove?

Calimero

Dec 13, 2008, 1:26:39 PM12/13/08
On Dec 13, 6:52 pm, "jdeluise" <jdelu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 13-Dec-2008, Calimero <calimero...@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > Sorry, that I didn't save those Graf fake pics for you ...
>
> What would that prove?

That there were fake pics in the internet back then.
And you could try to google some today. And would find almost none.

Obviously you think Graf and her lawyers were dumb. I can tell you,
they weren't and they aren't.
They knew what they were doing.

Max

jdeluise

Dec 13, 2008, 8:05:02 PM12/13/08

On 13-Dec-2008, Calimero <calim...@gmx.de> wrote:

> That there were fake pics in the internet back then.
> And you could try to google some today. And would find almost none.
>
> Obviously you think Graf and her lawyers were dumb. I can tell you,
> they weren't and they aren't.
> They knew what they were doing.

Well, I still don't exactly understand how you can say a court order in
Germany makes fake pictures disappear from the Internet. If it were that
easy I don't think there would be any piracy or illegal content out there.
It would seem to me that if there were much interest in fake nudes of Graf
they would be out there now.... as there are with other celebrities.

Dave Hazelwood

Dec 13, 2008, 9:46:04 PM12/13/08
On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 01:05:02 GMT, "jdeluise" <jdel...@gmail.com>
wrote:

correct.

the internet is a "snake pit" and no judge can outlaw snakes globally
let alone in newcastle.

Fan

Dec 14, 2008, 1:42:19 AM12/14/08
On Dec 14, 3:46 am, Dave Hazelwood <the_big_kah...@mailcity.com>
wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 01:05:02 GMT, "jdeluise" <jdelu...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> >On 13-Dec-2008, Calimero <calimero...@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> >> That there were fake pics in the internet back then.
> >> And you could try to google some today. And would find almost none.
>
> >> Obviously you think Graf and her lawyers were dumb. I can tell you,
> >> they weren't and they aren't.
> >> They knew what they were doing.
>
> >Well, I still don't exactly understand how you can say a court order in
> >Germany makes fake pictures disappear from the Internet.  If it were that
> >easy I don't think there would be any piracy or illegal content out there.
> >It would seem to me that if there were much interest in fake nudes of Graf
> >they would be out there now.... as there are with other celebrities.
>
> correct.
>
> the internet is a "snake pit" and no judge can outlaw snakes globally
> let alone in newcastle.

A possible explanation of Graf’s fake nudes disappearing may be that
she is married and the mother of two children. Only the clinically
obsessed would ogle over her pictures, fake or otherwise.

Palin’s fake nude picture were of different kind. What if those were
put out by the McCain/Palin camp to boost her popularity? Palin,
without the fake nudes, soon turned out to be a drag on the campaign.

wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk

Dec 14, 2008, 8:56:43 AM12/14/08
In article <2ZY0l.3868$iB4....@newsfe02.iad>, jdel...@gmail.com
(jdeluise) wrote:

> Well, I still don't exactly understand how you can say a court
> order in
> Germany makes fake pictures disappear from the Internet. If it
> were that
> easy I don't think there would be any piracy or illegal content out
> there. It would seem to me that if there were much interest in fake
> nudes of Graf
> they would be out there now.... as there are with other celebrities.

The court order was against MSN, where the pictures had been posted.

I remember seeing a long time ago a very bad fake of Graf wearing a red
dress (the one she wore to the Wimbledon ball one year) doctored to look
as if a nipple had popped out. It was a ludicrously bad fake.

wg

wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk

Dec 14, 2008, 8:56:44 AM12/14/08
In article
<8debef5b-170b-45be...@q26g2000prq.googlegroups.com>,
Turnag...@hotmail.com (Fan) wrote:

> A possible explanation of Graf_s fake nudes disappearing may be that

> she is married and the mother of two children. Only the clinically
> obsessed would ogle over her pictures, fake or otherwise.

Hah. Have you *seen* what people will obsess over on the Internet? If they
have disappeared it's because Graf is no longer in the limelight and they
were bad fakes.

And yet, you will find people who seriously believe that Graf actually
posed nude - something all of us here know she would never have done.

wg

Dave Hazelwood

Dec 14, 2008, 9:24:34 AM12/14/08

Not even for a trillion $$$$ with a gun to her head ?

I learned a long time ago never say never.

Dave Hazelwood

Dec 14, 2008, 9:43:48 AM12/14/08

I guess I should add that I would pose nude for 10 bucks and a round
of guiness.

I mean who gives a shit ? People have to get over this thing with the
naked human body being something llegal, abnormal, unusual, repulsive,
shameful or otherwise something to be avoided being seen by others.

Fact is young people are sending naked handphone photos and worse of
themselves to not only their bf's/gf's but their peers and facebook
buddies almost as readily as you would send a picture of your face.

That is a good thing in my opinion. I think the day will come when
somebody shouts "hey there is a nude pic of Steffi Graf on the
internet", everybody will yawn. And, so they should. A naked body is a
naked body. Some look better than others but then so do faces, ears,
legs, etc. No big deal.

It is only an obsession now because it's made to be one. If eberybody
on earth were forced to go naked tomorrow people would ogle over
those who put clothes on !!!

Rodjk #613

Dec 14, 2008, 11:28:50 AM12/14/08
On Dec 14, 7:56 am, wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk wrote:
> In article
> <8debef5b-170b-45be-9203-f3b474d49...@q26g2000prq.googlegroups.com>,

> Turnagain...@hotmail.com (Fan) wrote:
>
> > A possible explanation of Graf_s fake nudes disappearing may be that
> > she is married and the mother of two children. Only the clinically
> > obsessed would ogle over her pictures, fake or otherwise.
>
> Hah. Have you *seen* what people will obsess over on the Internet? If they
> have disappeared it's because Graf is no longer in the limelight and they
> were bad fakes.
>
> And yet, you will find people who seriously believe that Graf actually
> posed nude - something all of us here know she would never have done.
>
> wg

I have seen people on the chat boards who are convinced that Steffi
had her panties fall down while playing...showing a faked picture ...
uh ... commemorating the occurrence. It was hard to convince them that
the photo was a fake.
This was fairly recent.

Rodjk #612

Calimero

Dec 14, 2008, 11:39:11 AM12/14/08
> Turnagain...@hotmail.com (Fan) wrote:
>
> > A possible explanation of Graf_s fake nudes disappearing may be that
> > she is married and the mother of two children. Only the clinically
> > obsessed would ogle over her pictures, fake or otherwise.
>
> Hah. Have you *seen* what people will obsess over on the Internet? If they
> have disappeared it's because Graf is no longer in the limelight and they
> were bad fakes.
>
> And yet, you will find people who seriously believe that Graf actually
> posed nude - something all of us here know she would never have done.

What?
She didn't???

Max

Calimero

Dec 14, 2008, 11:40:54 AM12/14/08

A fake?
You sure??

Max

Calimero

Dec 14, 2008, 11:41:35 AM12/14/08
On Dec 14, 2:56 pm, wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk wrote:
> In article <2ZY0l.3868$iB4.1...@newsfe02.iad>, jdelu...@gmail.com

LOL ...

Max

wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk

Jan 14, 2009, 9:59:41 AM1/14/09
In article
<95077a7b-5667-49ec...@q26g2000prq.googlegroups.com>,
Turnag...@hotmail.com (Fan) wrote:

> This episode is reminder that Graf let her dad cool his heels for a
> long time before paying up the back taxes she owned.

Not at all. Graf hired Price Waterhouse almost immediately. If there was a
waiting period it was while she and they sorted through the mess Peter
Graf had created of her finances and negotiated with the German government
over what she owed. But that had nothing to do with the length of her
father's jail sentence, if that's what you mean.

wg

Fan

Jan 14, 2009, 12:12:11 PM1/14/09
On Jan 14, 3:59 pm, wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk wrote:
> In article
> <95077a7b-5667-49ec-a8d9-55e8e82de...@q26g2000prq.googlegroups.com>,

> Turnagain...@hotmail.com (Fan) wrote:
> > This episode is reminder that Graf let her dad cool his heels for a
> > long time before paying up the back taxes she owned.
>
> Not at all. Graf hired Price Waterhouse almost immediately. If there was a
> waiting period it was while she and they sorted through the mess Peter
> Graf had created of her finances and negotiated with the German government
> over what she owed. But that had nothing to do with the length of her
> father's jail sentence, if that's what you mean.

It was a long time ago but my recollection is that the German
government kept her dad until she paid up and he was in the slammer
for a while. I could be wrong but that is how the press treated it.

Calimero

Jan 14, 2009, 2:23:29 PM1/14/09
> Turnagain...@hotmail.com (Fan) wrote:
> > This episode is reminder that Graf let her dad cool his heels for a
> > long time before paying up the back taxes she owned.
>
> Not at all. Graf hired Price Waterhouse almost immediately.

PriceWaterhouse was out again within a few weeks.

Max

Calimero

Jan 14, 2009, 2:25:43 PM1/14/09

You are wrong.
I don't know which "press" said that.

Max

Raja

Jan 14, 2009, 2:32:25 PM1/14/09

Fuck off asshole... with your lies and tricks.

Fan

Jan 15, 2009, 4:02:20 AM1/15/09

Have a banana and not so much chattering :-(

wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk

Jan 15, 2009, 11:43:48 AM1/15/09
In article
<f47dd581-508d-4803...@m16g2000vbp.googlegroups.com>,
Turnag...@hotmail.com (Fan) wrote:

> It was a long time ago but my recollection is that the German
> government kept her dad until she paid up and he was in the slammer
> for a while. I could be wrong but that is how the press treated it.

Well, according to the New York Times:

>>The 59-year-old Graf was sentenced in January 1997 to three years and
nine months for evading taxes on $6.55 million of his daughter's tennis
earnings. He started serving the sentence, including treatment for
alcoholism, in July. Counting the 15 months he served in investigative
custody, Graf had asked the courts for parole under a law making him
eligible after serving half his term.>>

wg

Rodjk #613

Jan 15, 2009, 12:50:51 PM1/15/09

Yes, I am sure.

Rodjk #613

Calimero

Jan 15, 2009, 2:51:42 PM1/15/09
On Jan 15, 5:43 pm, wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk wrote:
> In article
> <f47dd581-508d-4803-888d-74f6a8eb1...@m16g2000vbp.googlegroups.com>,

That's right.
But what has that to do with "the government" allegedly "keeping her
dad until she paid up"?

Max