Discovery Plus, a very shitty service

Kalevi Kolttonen

Feb 18, 2024, 12:09:16 PMFeb 18
I pay 9.99€/month for the Discovery Plus service.
My only reason for subscribing is men's tennis.

What do I get? Well, this week we had ATP500
Rotterdam. Discovery Plus pisses into my eyes
by showing FUCKING WHEELCHAIR TENNIS from
Rotterdam. How can this be true? Unbelievable!

Holy fuck, I do not give a shit about women's
tennis and I care even less for the fucking
wheelchair tennis. I only watch men's Challenger
Tour and the main ATP/ITF matches.

Discovery Plus, fuck off! If you keep pissing
off your paying customers like this, I will stop
my fucking subscription. I will never pay anything
for fucking wheelchair tennis, ever.

br,
KK

The Iceberg

Feb 18, 2024, 12:43:16 PMFeb 18
you're a massive supporter of trans athletes and you talk about
wheelchair tennis players like this, that's disgusting!

Kalevi Kolttonen

Feb 18, 2024, 12:57:55 PMFeb 18
The Iceberg <iceber...@gmail.com> wrote:
> you're a massive supporter of trans athletes and you talk about
> wheelchair tennis players like this, that's disgusting!

Wheelchair tennis is so low class and pathetic. I am
overweight and 50 years old but I could beat the hell
out of those wheelchair athletes every day. You cannot
play tennis in a wheelchair, that is ridiculous.

Discovery Plus is a fucked up channel for sure.

br,
KK

TT

Feb 18, 2024, 2:39:54 PMFeb 18
Kalevi Kolttonen kirjoitti 18.2.2024 klo 19.57:
> The Iceberg <iceber...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> you're a massive supporter of trans athletes and you talk about
>> wheelchair tennis players like this, that's disgusting!
>
> Wheelchair tennis is so low class and pathetic. I am
> overweight and 50 years old but I could beat the hell
> out of those wheelchair athletes every day.

lol

Sawfish

Feb 18, 2024, 2:42:19 PMFeb 18
Sorta like Andy Kaufman wresting women, huh?

I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe.

Barbecue grills on fire behind the condominiums that line the 9th fairway.

I watched casual strollers slip on dog excrement on the boardwalk near the amusement pier.

Time for lunch.

--Sawfish

PeteWasLucky

Feb 18, 2024, 3:22:57 PMFeb 18
kal...@kolttonen.fi (Kalevi Kolttonen) Wrote in message:r
> I pay 9.99€/month for the Discovery Plus service.My only reason for subscribing is men's tennis.What do I get? Well, this week we had ATP500Rotterdam. Discovery Plus pisses into my eyesby showing FUCKING WHEELCHAIR TENNIS fromRotterdam. How can this be true? Unbelievable!Holy fuck, I do not give a shit about women'stennis and I care even less for the fucking wheelchair tennis. I only watch men's Challenger Tour and the main ATP/ITF matches.Discovery Plus, fuck off! If you keep pissingoff your paying customers like this, I will stop my fucking subscription. I will never pay anythingfor fucking wheelchair tennis, ever.br,KK

I counted "fuck" six times, did I miss any?
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----

Kalevi Kolttonen

Feb 18, 2024, 3:59:47 PMFeb 18
PeteWasLucky <waleed...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I counted "fuck" six times, did I miss any?

You got it right this time.

br,
KK

Scall5

Feb 18, 2024, 7:33:58 PMFeb 18
Perfect example of why I have stuck with traditional cable and get 95%
of the tennis/American pro and college football/NHL hockey/MLB
baseball/racing coverage that I want. Granted I pay more than using
streaming services, but at least I have everything I usually want as
soon as I turn on my TV...
--
---------------
Scall5

jdeluise

Feb 18, 2024, 8:44:02 PMFeb 18
Funny, I thought KK's post was satire of Sawfish's view that we
shouldn't care about Navalny/Putin because *he* doesn't. *shrugs*

Scall5

Feb 18, 2024, 9:31:08 PMFeb 18
I never saw that angle; but then I don't typically waste my time arguing
politics because its almost impossible to change my opponent's mind to
my 'enlightened' viewpoint...
--
---------------
Scall5

Sawfish

Feb 18, 2024, 10:18:15 PMFeb 18
I don't think it's necessary to change anyone's mind, merely to present
an observation as food for thought.

I've noticed that many people chuckle with hip awareness, I guess, when
they hear the term "Kabuki theater" in reference to politics. And yet
when it comes to their favored politician (Trump?), or political
position (support or oppose Israel or Hamas?) they watch all the
overdrawn posturing avidly, as if it mattered to their lives in the near
term. They just *must* choose a side passionately when their backing
will make no difference, at all.

But if they want to spend their time thinking about an internal
political vendetta and think it's somehow as important as local bail
policy, for example, that's fine for them.

It makes me wonder if people are unqualified to recognize the important
and imminent issues in their own lives, or perhaps they have so much
spare time that they just follow all things political like single women
used to follow movie magazines. Out of boredom.

Or maybe they're completely isolated in a gated community or remote
homesite, so that they have no need to consider local policies and so
they think of more remote issues for a form of entertainment.

jdeluise

Feb 19, 2024, 1:57:40 AMFeb 19
Sawfish <sawfi...@gmail.com> writes:

> I don't think it's necessary to change anyone's mind, merely to
> present an observation as food for thought.
>
> I've noticed that many people chuckle with hip awareness, I guess,
> when they hear the term "Kabuki theater" in reference to politics. And
> yet when it comes to their favored politician (Trump?), or political
> position (support or oppose Israel or Hamas?) they watch all the
> overdrawn posturing avidly, as if it mattered to their lives in the
> near term. They just *must* choose a side passionately when their
> backing will make no difference, at all.
>
> But if they want to spend their time thinking about an internal
> political vendetta and think it's somehow as important as local bail
> policy, for example, that's fine for them.
>
> It makes me wonder if people are unqualified to recognize the
> important and imminent issues in their own lives, or perhaps they have
> so much spare time that they just follow all things political like
> single women used to follow movie magazines. Out of boredom.
>
> Or maybe they're completely isolated in a gated community or remote
> homesite, so that they have no need to consider local policies and so
> they think of more remote issues for a form of entertainment.

We don't have to limit ourselves to a single perspective, do we?

*skriptis

Feb 19, 2024, 1:59:24 AMFeb 19
jdeluise <jdel...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
> Sawfish <sawfi...@gmail.com> writes:>> I don't think it's necessary to change anyone's mind, merely to> present an observation as food for thought.>> I've noticed that many people chuckle with hip awareness, I guess,> when they hear the term "Kabuki theater" in reference to politics. And> yet when it comes to their favored politician (Trump?), or political> position (support or oppose Israel or Hamas?) they watch all the> overdrawn posturing avidly, as if it mattered to their lives in the> near term. They just *must* choose a side passionately when their> backing will make no difference, at all.>> But if they want to spend their time thinking about an internal> political vendetta and think it's somehow as important as local bail> policy, for example, that's fine for them.>> It makes me wonder if people are unqualified to recognize the> important and imminent issues in their own lives, or perhaps they have> so much spare time that they just follow all things political like> single women used to follow movie magazines. Out of boredom.>> Or maybe they're completely isolated in a gated community or remote> homesite, so that they have no need to consider local policies and so> they think of more remote issues for a form of entertainment.We don't have to limit ourselves to a single perspective, do we?

Then why don't you embrace any of the Russian, Christian, anti-globalist or anti-zionist perspectives?

The Iceberg

Feb 19, 2024, 7:16:37 AMFeb 19
what is it with Americans and college level sports? why do you guys love
it so much? Over here the nearest can think we have is Championship
football which is the league below the Premiership, but these are
pro-teams they are vying for a Premiership spot and it a serious level
difference below the Premiership.

The Iceberg

Feb 19, 2024, 7:18:01 AMFeb 19
jdeluise is an obsessed leftist, he thinks literally everything is
politically based/motivated, it why he want us all banned from posting
here if we have one good thing to say about Trump.

The Iceberg

Feb 19, 2024, 7:23:48 AMFeb 19
yes would say it cos they're isolated, just take Raja, Pelle and
jdeluise, all Repub-haters whilst living in the most Republican areas
they can possibly get to, far away from any demmie destroyed area as
possible.

The Iceberg

Feb 19, 2024, 7:24:07 AMFeb 19
he's not allowed to.

Sawfish

Feb 19, 2024, 11:40:13 AMFeb 19
No. I'm just supplying the contrarian side when I get tired of too much
reflexive side-taking.

I *can* see taking sides as a concept, but not when you can't effect a
change. I mean, it makes more sense to me to choose sides when
discussing tennis players than it does when discussing  two squabbling
bands of Semites.

But if you just did what I do there'd be no discussions, or very few.

"I only trust statistics that I have falsified, myself."

--Winston Churchill

Scall5

Feb 19, 2024, 7:52:12 PMFeb 19
1) Many USA folks love college sports because so many of us went went to
that specific university or knew someone that did. We would walk a mile
at most and cheer players that we would often see on campus or even have
in the same classroom.
2) Until NIL, college sports was amateurs that were playing for the love
of game (and often getting a partially or fully paid for degree while
doing so). Just like when I play tennis; I do it for the love of the
game and the benefits of playing it.
3) College sport teams don't blackmail towns/cities/states into giving
up more money to millionaire athletes and billionaire owners for a new
stadium funded by taxpayer money. Many resent that, as do I.

Those are three reasons off the top of my head.
--
---------------
Scall5

Scall5

Feb 19, 2024, 7:58:42 PMFeb 19
If a person isn't going to look into all sides of a political position
before deciding their own position, I highly doubt that one or two
pointers from me will change their viewpoint to echo mine. Wasted time
for both them and I.
--
---------------
Scall5

Sawfish

Feb 19, 2024, 8:24:17 PMFeb 19
There's no meeting of the minds here, scall.

I don't care if any given person changes, but I'd like to have the
position tested fairly in discussion. Maybe if it holds up, and if a
person is like-minded, somewhat, they may gain benefit. But hearing what
reasons give for, example, what benefit Israel provides us for our
financial commitment would be interesting. I can see them as a foil for
Iran, maybe. But we don't need to give them much since they are
self-motivated to oppose Iran anyway.

--
--Sawfish
"If there's one thing I can't stand, it's intolerance."