(OT) Thousands more immigrants to be let into Britain

Pelle Svanslös

Sep 25, 2022, 3:16:21 PM9/25/22
MANY thousands more immigrants will be let into Britain under Liz Truss’
dash for growth plans.

The PM and Home Office are planning to massively liberalise routes to
allow foreign workers to move to the UK.

They are expected to extend the number of jobs on the list of shortage
occupations - making it easier for foreigners in these roles to come here.

The seasonal workers scheme which lets fruit pickers come to Britain is
expected to be expanded.

The current cap of 40,000 is expected to be lifted and the six month
time limit extended.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/19909863/liz-truss-ease-foreign-workers-rules/

Open borders. Bwexit betwayed.

--
"And off they went, from here to there,
The bear, the bear, and the maiden fair"

The Iceberg

Sep 25, 2022, 6:03:55 PM9/25/22
On Sunday, 25 September 2022 at 20:16:21 UTC+1, Pelle Svanslös wrote:
> MANY thousands more immigrants will be let into Britain under Liz Truss’
> dash for growth plans.
>
> The PM and Home Office are planning to massively liberalise routes to
> allow foreign workers to move to the UK.
>
> They are expected to extend the number of jobs on the list of shortage
> occupations - making it easier for foreigners in these roles to come here.
>
> The seasonal workers scheme which lets fruit pickers come to Britain is
> expected to be expanded.
>
> The current cap of 40,000 is expected to be lifted and the six month
> time limit extended.
>
> https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/19909863/liz-truss-ease-foreign-workers-rules/
>
> Open borders. Bwexit betwayed.

Why isn’t Finland or your own country welcoming in these foreigners? Is it like the Martha’s Vineyard “not in my backyard” thing?