Roger Waters concerts cancelled in Poland for rightly saying USA/NATO keep prolonging the Ukraine war!!

The Iceberg

Sep 26, 2022, 11:05:31 AM9/26/22
Yeah get this RST music fans! Roger Waters rightly says the USA/NATO are purposely prolonging the terrible Ukraine war by sending weapons and sanctions and he's the one that gets his concerts banned!!

"Not withstanding that this chap Łukasz Wantuch seems to know nothing of my history of working, all my life, at some personal cost, in the service of human rights"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/09/26/roger-waters-poland-concerts-canceled-ukraine/

Polish venue cancels Pink Floyd co-founder Roger Waters' shows after controversial Ukraine letter

British rock legend and Pink Floyd co-founder Roger Waters' planned concerts in Poland in April have been canceled amid a backlash to the musician's stance on Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Live Nation Poland, the concert's promoter, confirmed the cancellation Saturday but did not specify a reason.

The cancellation comes after Waters, 79, published a controversial open letter on his website in early September to Ukrainian first lady Olena Zelenska. In the letter, Waters wrote that he opposed the West sending weapons to Ukraine to aid the embattled country in its war against invading Russia.

Waters also accused Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky of doubling back on his 2019 election campaign promises and said, without offering proof, that "the forces of extreme nationalism that had lurked, malevolent, in the shadows, have, since then, ruled the Ukraine."

Waters went on to accuse these "extreme nationalists" of setting Ukraine on a path to war with Russia by crossing a "number of red lines" set out by the Kremlin.

On Sunday, Waters denied he had canceled the shows himself. The shows were planned to take place in Krakow as part of the his international tour.

In a Facebook statement addressed to the UK's The Guardian and Poland's Gazeta Krakowska newspapers, Waters denied he or his management had canceled the Poland shows. He pointed the blame instead to Lukasz Wantuch, a Krakow city councilor who wrote his own Facebook post on September 10 opposing Waters' shows.

"It is true that a town councilor in Krakow, a Mr Łukasz Wantuch has threatened to hold a meeting asking the council to declare me 'Persona non grata' because of my public efforts to encourage all involved in the disastrous war in Ukraine, especially the governments of the USA and Russia, to work towards a negotiated peace, rather than escalate matters towards a bitter end that could be nuclear war and the end of all life on this planet," Waters wrote on Facebook.

"Not withstanding that this chap Łukasz Wantuch seems to know nothing of my history of working, all my life, at some personal cost, in the service of human rights, he, in an article in a local newspaper urged the good people of Krakow not to buy tickets to my show," Waters added.
He went on to say that if Wantuch "achieves his aim... it will be a sad loss for me" as well as for Krakow residents.

"His draconian censoring of my work will deny them the opportunity to make up their own minds," Waters concluded.
Wantuch's post expressed his opposition to Waters' show, calling the musician "an open supporter of Putin" and his planned performances in Krakow "a shame for our city."
"Roger Waters, an open supporter of Putin, wants to play at Tauron Arena in Krakow," Wantuch wrote. "On Wednesday we have a session of Cracow City Council and I will be speaking to the President and councilors to block this. Such an event would be a shame for our city. Let him sing in Moscow."
Wantuch responded to Waters' statement on Sunday by writing that he was still in Ukraine but would "have an offer" for Waters in the evening.
Earlier this year, Pink Floyd released their first new music in 28 years, a single called "Hey Hey Rise Up" to raise funds for humanitarian relief in Ukraine. Waters, who departed the band in 1984, did not contribute to song.
Close to 6,000 civilians have been confirmed killed in Ukraine since the invasion from Russia began, says the United Nations.

Mike DeSantis

Sep 26, 2022, 12:14:03 PM9/26/22
iceber...@gmail.com schrieb am Montag, 26. September 2022 um 17:05:31 UTC+2:
> Yeah get this RST music fans! Roger Waters rightly says the USA/NATO are purposely prolonging the terrible Ukraine war by sending weapons and sanctions and he's the one that gets his concerts banned!! ...

You hero Putler is prolonging the Ukraine war.

I hope you will die a violent death. Like thousands of Ukrainians have.
Scum like you should be ended.

Mike

LedZep IgaSwanTech

Sep 26, 2022, 1:41:40 PM9/26/22
I love Pink Floyd; but Roger Waters has always been an asshole (ever since the mid-70s in fact). I still like a lot of The Wall (even though their last three albums - Animals, The Wall, The Final Cut with him were just an ego trip for him).

LedZep IgaSwanTech

Sep 26, 2022, 1:41:59 PM9/26/22
He is a POS for sure.

bmoore

Sep 26, 2022, 2:19:02 PM9/26/22
Really liked Animals, can agree on the other 2. Though The Wall has a a few great tunes.

Did you ever see "Team America: World Police"? Hilarious.

There are dicks, assholes and pussies.

Much like the dogs, pigs and sheep of Animals.

The Iceberg

Sep 26, 2022, 4:54:10 PM9/26/22
yeah Roger Waters is an a-hole for wanting an end to the terrible Ukraine war and for a life time of promoting peace and freedom! whereas you voted for Biden even though we told you he'd start a war, mostly cos you love wars and destruction!

The Iceberg

Sep 26, 2022, 4:56:21 PM9/26/22
you shouldn't talk about Max like that, he's a German banker who usually LOVES wars, like Max loved both Gulf Wars, he made lots of $$$ from his criminal heroes Cheney and Rumsfeld, YET cos he bet the wrong way on oil prices he blames now me and Putin! you should be helping him as he your war-mongering violent friend!

The Iceberg

Sep 26, 2022, 4:57:51 PM9/26/22
loved the Wall cos it said We don't need no education! although you Marxists must like it these days cos of that bit about teachers leave them kids alone, cos you want the state to indoctrinate children instead.

LedZep IgaSwanTech

Sep 26, 2022, 6:53:57 PM9/26/22
The Wall could have been 20 minute shorter... still would have been a good double album with 15 minute sides . There are at least 9 songs I completely skip every time (Empty Spaces, One of My Turns, Don't Leave Me Now, Another Brick in the Wall Part 3, Goodbye Cruel World, Bring The Boys Back Home, In the Flesh, Stop, Outside the Wall). I also Mother and The Trial are too long. Musically it is much weaker than their 70s stuff. But it got better and more concise songwriting than many of their other albums (except The Dark Side Of The Moon)/

> Did you ever see "Team America: World Police"? Hilarious.
>
> There are dicks, assholes and pussies.
>
> Much like the dogs, pigs and sheep of Animals.

I thought the lyrics in Animals were ridiculous.... the kind of stuff 10-year-old's write. Also all the songs are overlong and are merely extended jams which don't have any feeling whatsoever. Actually I like the earlier version (Raving and Drooling and You Gotta Be Crazy) of Sheep and Animals much better. You can check their Wembley 1974 performance. Pigs (three different ones) is sort of a one-trick pony with a long pointless jam in the middle. I think the Atom Heart Mother suite and Echoes are far better than any long songs on Animals. I actually do not think even Shine on You Crazy Diamond is that good. I actually like the last 2 instrumental parts (Parts 8 and 9) much better than parts (1-7). And the idiots chose to clip Parts 8 and 9 for their compilation (Echoes: The Best of Pink Floyd). Floyd are still my 3rd favorite band though. I just like stuff they did before Wish You Were Here a lot better.

LedZep IgaSwanTech

Sep 26, 2022, 6:54:51 PM9/26/22
Well, you never had an option been born as a GIBH; pity you!

bmoore

Sep 27, 2022, 1:06:59 PM9/27/22
I like their old stuff too, Piper is awesome. But I also really like the "big" albums, DS, WYWH and Animals. But we've already had this conversation :-)

bmoore

Sep 27, 2022, 1:15:17 PM9/27/22
What is GIBH?

LedZep IgaSwanTech

Sep 29, 2022, 10:16:59 AM9/29/22
Grotesque in-bred bastard hybrid... since Iceberg is half-Turkish, half-Jamaican and was abandoned by his Jamaican dad.

*skriptis

Sep 29, 2022, 10:30:05 AM9/29/22
LedZep IgaSwanTech <zepf...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
> On Tuesday, September 27, 2022 at 12:15:17 PM UTC-5, bmoore wrote:> On Monday, September 26, 2022 at 3:54:51 PM UTC-7, LedZep IgaSwanTech wrote: > > On Monday, September 26, 2022 at 3:57:51 PM UTC-5, iceber...@gmail.com wrote: > > > On Monday, 26 September 2022 at 19:19:02 UTC+1, bmoore wrote: > > > > On Monday, September 26, 2022 at 10:41:40 AM UTC-7, LedZep IgaSwanTech wrote: > > > > > On Monday, September 26, 2022 at 10:05:31 AM UTC-5, iceber...@gmail.com wrote: > > > > > > Yeah get this RST music fans! Roger Waters rightly says the USA/NATO are purposely prolonging the terrible Ukraine war by sending weapons and sanctions and he's the one that gets his concerts banned!! > > > > > > > > > > > > "Not withstanding that this chap Łukasz Wantuch seems to know nothing of my history of working, all my life, at some personal cost, in the service of human rights" > > > > > > > > > > > > https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/09/26/roger-waters-poland-concerts-canceled-ukraine/ > > > > > > > > > > > > Polish venue cancels Pink Floyd co-founder Roger Waters' shows after controversial Ukraine letter > > > > > > > > > > > > British rock legend and Pink Floyd co-founder Roger Waters' planned concerts in Poland in April have been canceled amid a backlash to the musician's stance on Russia's invasion of Ukraine. > > > > > > > > > > > > Live Nation Poland, the concert's promoter, confirmed the cancellation Saturday but did not specify a reason. > > > > > > > > > > > > The cancellation comes after Waters, 79, published a controversial open letter on his website in early September to Ukrainian first lady Olena Zelenska. In the letter, Waters wrote that he opposed the West sending weapons to Ukraine to aid the embattled country in its war against invading Russia. > > > > > > > > > > > > Waters also accused Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky of doubling back on his 2019 election campaign promises and said, without offering proof, that "the forces of extreme nationalism that had lurked, malevolent, in the shadows, have, since then, ruled the Ukraine." > > > > > > > > > > > > Waters went on to accuse these "extreme nationalists" of setting Ukraine on a path to war with Russia by crossing a "number of red lines" set out by the Kremlin. > > > > > > > > > > > > On Sunday, Waters denied he had canceled the shows himself. The shows were planned to take place in Krakow as part of the his international tour. > > > > > > > > > > > > In a Facebook statement addressed to the UK's The Guardian and Poland's Gazeta Krakowska newspapers, Waters denied he or his management had canceled the Poland shows. He pointed the blame instead to Lukasz Wantuch, a Krakow city councilor who wrote his own Facebook post on September 10 opposing Waters' shows. > > > > > > > > > > > > "It is true that a town councilor in Krakow, a Mr Łukasz Wantuch has threatened to hold a meeting asking the council to declare me 'Persona non grata' because of my public efforts to encourage all involved in the disastrous war in Ukraine, especially the governments of the USA and Russia, to work towards a negotiated peace, rather than escalate matters towards a bitter end that could be nuclear war and the end of all life on this planet," Waters wrote on Facebook. > > > > > > > > > > > > "Not withstanding that this chap Łukasz Wantuch seems to know nothing of my history of working, all my life, at some personal cost, in the service of human rights, he, in an article in a local newspaper urged the good people of Krakow not to buy tickets to my show," Waters added. > > > > > > He went on to say that if Wantuch "achieves his aim... it will be a sad loss for me" as well as for Krakow residents. > > > > > > > > > > > > "His draconian censoring of my work will deny them the opportunity to make up their own minds," Waters concluded. > > > > > > Wantuch's post expressed his opposition to Waters' show, calling the musician "an open supporter of Putin" and his planned performances in Krakow "a shame for our city." > > > > > > "Roger Waters, an open supporter of Putin, wants to play at Tauron Arena in Krakow," Wantuch wrote. "On Wednesday we have a session of Cracow City Council and I will be speaking to the President and councilors to block this. Such an event would be a shame for our city. Let him sing in Moscow." > > > > > > Wantuch responded to Waters' statement on Sunday by writing that he was still in Ukraine but would "have an offer" for Waters in the evening. > > > > > > Earlier this year, Pink Floyd released their first new music in 28 years, a single called "Hey Hey Rise Up" to raise funds for humanitarian relief in Ukraine. Waters, who departed the band in 1984, did not contribute to song. > > > > > > Close to 6,000 civilians have been confirmed killed in Ukraine since the invasion from Russia began, says the United Nations. > > > > > I love Pink Floyd; but Roger Waters has always been an asshole (ever since the mid-70s in fact). I still like a lot of The Wall (even though their last three albums - Animals, The Wall, The Final Cut with him were just an ego trip for him). > > > > Really liked Animals, can agree on the other 2. Though The Wall has a a few great tunes. > > > > > > > > Did you ever see "Team America: World Police"? Hilarious. > > > > > > > > There are dicks, assholes and pussies. > > > > > > > > Much like the dogs, pigs and sheep of Animals. > > > loved the Wall cos it said We don't need no education! > > Well, you never had an option been born as a GIBH; pity you!> What is GIBH?Grotesque in-bred bastard hybrid... since Iceberg is half-Turkish, half-Jamaican and was abandoned by his Jamaican dad.

Shouldn't that be GI-BBH then?

you can't even spell your own insults.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----

LedZep IgaSwanTech

Sep 29, 2022, 10:30:14 AM9/29/22
PIper and Dark Side are their only stone-cold masterpieces in my opinion. They were uber-consistent but most of their albums had flaws (and were a bit meandering)... Animals being the worst offender ;-) and The Wall being the least (because the songs are shorter... they still have some unnecessary meandering bits).

I have an idea to make The Wall a single album and as concise as Piper and Dark Side. It would be still be a long single album clocking in about 48 minutes (Piper is 42 minutes and Dark Side is 43 mins). I am picking 17 of the 26 songs (I changed my mind on "The Show Must Go On" and replaced it with "Goodbye Cruel World"... but only 20 seconds of it... and I am including only 10 seconds of "The Trial" where the female choir goes "crazy, toys in his attic, he is craaaaaaaaaazy"... I hated Waters' vocal dramatic histrionics on this song). Also I would end the album with Goodbye Cruel World (just to signify that the lead character dies in the end) and start with "The Trial".

The Trial (1:44 to 1:54)
In The Flesh? (0:19 to 3:16)
The Thin Ice
Another Brick In The Wall, Part 1
The Happiest Days Of Our Lives
Another Brick In The Wall, Part 2
Mother (1:15 to 3:23)
Goodbye Blue Sky
Young Lust (0:00 to 2:47)
Hey You
Is There Anybody Out There (0:40 to 2:44)
Nobody Home
Vera Lynn
Comfortably Numb
Run Like Hell (0:05 to 4:05)
Waiting For The Worms
Goodbye Cruel Word (0:30 to 0:50)

LedZep IgaSwanTech

Sep 29, 2022, 10:30:52 AM9/29/22
You don't understand English, dummy

guypers

Sep 29, 2022, 10:32:20 AM9/29/22
Not Jamaican, from Uganda idi dadas home!

bmoore

Sep 29, 2022, 10:32:51 AM9/29/22
Ah.

LedZep IgaSwanTech

Sep 29, 2022, 10:37:56 AM9/29/22
Well may be his dad was half-Ugandan half-Jamaican and a GIBH himself?