Arabs score for a lead!

*skriptis

Nov 22, 2022, 6:16:39 AM11/22/22

2-1

what a goal

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----

Whisper

Nov 22, 2022, 7:07:31 AM11/22/22
On 22/11/2022 10:16 pm, *skriptis wrote:

> 2-1
>
> what a goal

Argentina needs to hire Djokovic as a mental coach - pressure is a
privilege.

Whisper

Nov 22, 2022, 7:12:05 AM11/22/22

Argentina shit the bed again - disgraceful. Should hang their heads in
shame.

LedZep IgaSwanTech

Nov 22, 2022, 7:14:21 AM11/22/22
On Tuesday, November 22, 2022 at 5:16:39 AM UTC-6, *skriptis wrote:
> 2-1
>
> what a goal

I thoughted you hated brown people. How come you are celebrating?

LedZep IgaSwanTech

Nov 22, 2022, 7:14:50 AM11/22/22
On Tuesday, November 22, 2022 at 6:12:05 AM UTC-6, Whisper wrote:
> Argentina shit the bed again - disgraceful. Should hang their heads in
> shame.
They will come back. Spain won the World Cup in 2010 after losing their first game.

LedZep IgaSwanTech

Nov 22, 2022, 7:16:10 AM11/22/22
On Tuesday, November 22, 2022 at 6:12:05 AM UTC-6, Whisper wrote:
> Argentina shit the bed again - disgraceful. Should hang their heads in
> shame.
Aussies playing France today... will they take inspiration from the Saudis or from the Qataris? The latter is more likely.

The Iceberg

Nov 22, 2022, 7:26:42 AM11/22/22
On Tuesday, 22 November 2022 at 12:14:21 UTC, LedZep IgaSwanTech wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 22, 2022 at 5:16:39 AM UTC-6, *skriptis wrote:
> > 2-1
> >
> > what a goal
> I thoughted you hated brown people. How come you are celebrating?

HOOOOORAYYY! It very good that the Saudi Arabians beat the cheating Argies!! Wales should've won last night too if the cheating yanks hadn't disgustingly fouled Bale in the last minutes as he was about to score a 100% goal, the bloke should've got a red card minimum not just a yellow.

*skriptis

Nov 22, 2022, 7:27:40 AM11/22/22
LedZep IgaSwanTech <zepf...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
> On Tuesday, November 22, 2022 at 5:16:39 AM UTC-6, *skriptis wrote:> 2-1 > > what a goal I thoughted you hated brown people. How come you are celebrating?

I don't celebrate, I was surprised by the favourites underperforming this bad. And I enjoyed good match.

Argentina had Messi for 15 years and they never won World Cup. Ahead of this one, they talked about it being (his) last chance and everything coming together for them, team atmosphere, maturity, calmness, etc so they were kinda invoking Ivanišević 2001 Wimbledon spirit or at least they hoped for it.

Yet they got hammered like this.

And it was not a freak loss, Arabs played well and goals were fantastic.

And your Spain 2010 example is kinda bad, Spain was at the top of their game, one of the peakest football teams in history, facing a tough early round opponent, and they easily bounced back.

In short, when Spain lost their opening, it felt like Nadal losing first set in FO opener.

When Argentina lost this one, it's more like Sampras losing first set in FO opener.

Maybe I am overly dramatic, and I might be proven wrong, they could still easily advance the group, but I don't see them among top faves anymore.

The Iceberg

Nov 22, 2022, 7:28:14 AM11/22/22
be amazed if the Aussies have a chance against France's style of football, mind you after this who knows.

Whisper

Nov 22, 2022, 7:37:54 AM11/22/22
Good point, though Argentina seem to underperform at WC, always look
flat when they need to step up.

Whisper

Nov 22, 2022, 7:38:50 AM11/22/22
French will show no mercy, hoping for a miracle. A draw would be
awesome but prob 4-0 loss.

Whisper

Nov 22, 2022, 7:44:15 AM11/22/22
On 22/11/2022 11:27 pm, *skriptis wrote:

> And your Spain 2010 example is kinda bad, Spain was at the top of their game, one of the peakest football teams in history, facing a tough early round opponent, and they easily bounced back.
>
> In short, when Spain lost their opening, it felt like Nadal losing first set in FO opener.

Yeah, like when he was down 2 sets to 1 v Isner.

> When Argentina lost this one, it's more like Sampras losing first set in FO opener.

Argentina at WC is like Murray in AO finals.

> Maybe I am overly dramatic, and I might be proven wrong, they could still easily advance the group, but I don't see them among top faves anymore.

They look nothing like WC champs

Sawfish

Nov 22, 2022, 12:26:51 PM11/22/22
Their main problem is that they are, after all, Argentinians.

"...and your little dog, too!"
--Sawfish

PeteWasLucky

Nov 22, 2022, 2:39:06 PM11/22/22
*skriptis <skri...@post.t-com.hr> Wrote in message:r
> 2-1what a goal-- ----Android NewsGroup Reader----https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

Overpriced players are useless in a team sport, this is why I stopped being addicted to soccer 30 years ago.
I chose an individual sport, played it and watched it. Soccer is for crazy people :)

Pelle Svanslös

Nov 22, 2022, 2:59:02 PM11/22/22
On 22.11.2022 21.39, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> *skriptis <skri...@post.t-com.hr> Wrote in message:r
>> 2-1what a goal-- ----Android NewsGroup Reader----https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html
>
> Overpriced players are useless in a team sport,

Perhaps. The Irish still love Maradona.

> this is why I stopped being addicted to soccer 30 years ago.
> I chose an individual sport, played it and watched it. Soccer is for crazy people :)

Catenaccio rules!

--
"And off they went, from here to there,
The bear, the bear, and the maiden fair"

LedZep IgaSwanTech

Nov 22, 2022, 5:25:33 PM11/22/22
Aussies got whooped. But France were very good. So can't blame the Aussies.

Looks like France-Brazil final.