Watch "Fakovic on Roger Federer's retirement | Eurosport Tennis" on YouTube

182 views
Skip to first unread message

PeteWasLucky

unread,
Sep 22, 2022, 7:41:30 PMSep 22
to

Whisper

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 4:30:07 AMSep 23
to
On 23/09/2022 9:41 am, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> https://youtu.be/tM5O9THbFwQ


Very classy comments from Novak.

Hard to be friends with rivals while playing but may be closer in
retirement - if Roger can put those 3 Wimbledon final losses behind him.





*skriptis

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 7:31:49 AMSep 23
to
Whisper <whi...@ozemail.com.au> Wrote in message:r
> On 23/09/2022 9:41 am, PeteWasLucky wrote:> https://youtu.be/tM5O9THbFwQVery classy comments from Novak.Hard to be friends with rivals while playing but may be closer in retirement - if Roger can put those 3 Wimbledon final losses behind him.



He lost more to Nadal and in earlier stages when hewas a lot more expected to win. So it's not bitter losses that hurt imo, it's his racism and arrogance towards the Serb.

Don't care really, but it's how it is.

Federer would never tell Rafa's parents to shut up and not cheer for their son. He had no problems abusing and insulting Novak's.

You can never be friends with such a scum after that.

It's been a long time ago, and both of them are professionals, they respect each other, but I doubt Federer has become a better person.

Maybe he apologised in private, and Novak accepted it, but papa Djokovic won't forget it. The insult was public and so the apology should have been public as well.

PeteWasLucky

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 9:22:21 AMSep 23
to
On Friday, September 23, 2022 at 7:31:49 AM UTC-4, *skriptis wrote:
> Whisper <whi...@ozemail.com.au> Wrote in message:r
> > On 23/09/2022 9:41 am, PeteWasLucky wrote:> https://youtu.be/tM5O9THbFwQVery classy comments from Novak.Hard to be friends with rivals while playing but may be closer in retirement - if Roger can put those 3 Wimbledon final losses behind him.
>
>
>
> He lost more to Nadal and in earlier stages when hewas a lot more expected to win. So it's not bitter losses that hurt imo, it's his racism and arrogance towards the Serb.
>
> Don't care really, but it's how it is.
>
> Federer would never tell Rafa's parents to shut up and not cheer for their son. He had no problems abusing and insulting Novak's.

Rafa's parents are classy, big difference really.

*skriptis

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 9:41:51 AMSep 23
to
PeteWasLucky <waleed...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
> Rafa's parents are classy, big difference really.


I've seen them cheering for their son many times, same as Novak's parents have done when Federer abused them.

Last time I've checked you're allowed to cheer in between the points and clap for your son's good points.



In that incident, Novak hit a good shot, a winner in fact, Federer couldn't get it, but the umpire called it out. An obvious mistake that could easily be rectified on clay by inspecting the mark.


It was in front of Novak's parents and they yelled "it was in". Rather instinctive reaction by the fans, don't you agree?

The point was all over, they didn't disturb anyone, fan reaction is nothing unheard of, nor was it directed at Federer.

So what's your issue with them there?

Federer scum tells them to "be quiet", and wipes the mark off, conceding the point, which really isn't such an act of fair play when done on clay. The umpire would have done the same as well. So the fair play in that regard doesn't matter here nor does it excuse him from abusing Novak's parents.


Any ideas why should they "be quiet"?

Because primadona can't take it if someone is not cheering for him?


https://youtu.be/N4fB5Tp-FGU

Sawfish

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 9:42:18 AMSep 23
to
The only parent whose image sticks with me is Murray's mom, brooding
silently in the stands, doing an impersonation of one of the three
witches from Macbeth.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. But give a man a boat,
a case of beer, and a few sticks of dynamite..." -- Sawfish

PeteWasLucky

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 10:11:20 AMSep 23
to
Parents sitting in player corner aren't fans, you know this.
Have you seen this happening from any other parents or just djok parents?
I am not allowed to say anything when I watch my son playing tennis match in high school as a parent.
There are rules and protocols, acting outside them are either considered breaking the rules and/or lack of class.

*skriptis

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 10:18:43 AMSep 23
to
PeteWasLucky <waleed...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
> On Friday, September 23, 2022 at 9:41:51 AM UTC-4, *skriptis wrote:> PeteWasLucky <waleed...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:> > Rafa's parents are classy, big difference really.> I've seen them cheering for their son many times, same as Novak's parents have done when Federer abused them. > > Last time I've checked you're allowed to cheer in between the points and clap for your son's good points. > > > > In that incident, Novak hit a good shot, a winner in fact, Federer couldn't get it, but the umpire called it out. An obvious mistake that could easily be rectified on clay by inspecting the mark. > > > It was in front of Novak's parents and they yelled "it was in". Rather instinctive reaction by the fans, don't you agree? > > The point was all over, they didn't disturb anyone, fan reaction is nothing unheard of, nor was it directed at Federer. > > So what's your issue with them there? > > Federer scum tells them to "be quiet", and wipes the mark off, conceding the point, which really isn't such an act of fair play when done on clay. The umpire would have done the same as well. So the fair play in that regard doesn't matter here nor does it excuse him from abusing Novak's parents. > > > Any ideas why should they "be quiet"? > > Because primadona can't take it if someone is not cheering for him? > > > https://youtu.be/N4fB5Tp-FGU> -- > > > > > ----Android NewsGroup Reader---- > https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.htmlParents sitting in player corner aren't fans, you know this.Have you seen this happening from any other parents or just djok parents?I am not allowed to say anything when I watch my son playing tennis match in high school as a parent.There are rules and protocols, acting outside them are either considered breaking the rules and/or lack of class.


The point was over.

changj...@gmail.com

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 10:27:45 AMSep 23
to
On Friday, September 23, 2022 at 7:31:49 AM UTC-4, *skriptis wrote:
> Whisper <whi...@ozemail.com.au> Wrote in message:r
> > On 23/09/2022 9:41 am, PeteWasLucky wrote:> https://youtu.be/tM5O9THbFwQVery classy comments from Novak.Hard to be friends with rivals while playing but may be closer in retirement - if Roger can put those 3 Wimbledon final losses behind him.
>
>
>
> So it's not bitter losses that hurt imo, it's his racism and arrogance towards the Serb.

Though a speculation, "arrogance towards Djok" has been my observation. If Karma exists, 2019 final was the highest point that Fed paid back Djok in his never changing attitude to Djok since the first US open loss to Djok claiming that he was a gambler. At the same time 2019, Djok also ruined happiness of entire western audience, it's a guy who was growing under bombs...............
I believe that with Fed's retirement and being home so long, he has reflected the journey and he realized the mistakes, and he is sincere now and friendly to Djok.

grif

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 11:26:58 AMSep 23
to
On 23/09/2022 09:29, Whisper wrote:
> On 23/09/2022 9:41 am, PeteWasLucky wrote:
>> https://youtu.be/tM5O9THbFwQ
>
>
> Very classy comments from Novak.
>

I noticed Chris Clarey's "The Master" in one of the bookshops when I was in town. I didn't buy it, but I sat down for a bit and read some extracts. IIRC, some notable points from the sections I read:

The author found Novak to be the most fascinating of the Big 3. In fact, he gives a fair and compelling portrayal of Djokovic(*), which is interesting considering the book is mainly about Federer. Safin too, is given a positive account.

Federer mentions that when he played Djok, he wasn't handicapped as he was playing against Nadal's left handed topsin to his bh. So against Novak, it was strength against strength. BUT, he felt handcuffed against Nole because the serb hit so hard and so deep.

(*) I've always been reminded of Miss Havisham whenever I think of Jelena Gencic's early influence on Novak, but more for good than evil. Then again, Miss Havisham raised Estella to break men's hearts. Maybe Gencic raised Nole to break Fedfans' hearts 🙂



Whisper

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 11:27:41 AMSep 23
to
A big part of why Fed and Rafa are 'friends' is because of all the fake
sucking up Rafa does to Fed eg 'Roger is best ever and I have no chance
no?'. Djoker didn't stoop to that BS level.

Whisper

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 11:31:38 AMSep 23
to
On 23/09/2022 11:22 pm, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> On Friday, September 23, 2022 at 7:31:49 AM UTC-4, *skriptis wrote:
>> Whisper <whi...@ozemail.com.au> Wrote in message:r
>>> On 23/09/2022 9:41 am, PeteWasLucky wrote:> https://youtu.be/tM5O9THbFwQVery classy comments from Novak.Hard to be friends with rivals while playing but may be closer in retirement - if Roger can put those 3 Wimbledon final losses behind him.
>>
>>
>>
>> He lost more to Nadal and in earlier stages when hewas a lot more expected to win. So it's not bitter losses that hurt imo, it's his racism and arrogance towards the Serb.
>>
>> Don't care really, but it's how it is.
>>
>> Federer would never tell Rafa's parents to shut up and not cheer for their son. He had no problems abusing and insulting Novak's.
>
> Rafa's parents are classy, big difference really.
>
>>


Sampras' parents were the classiest as nobody ever saw or heard from
them. That's real class.


Whisper

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 11:37:17 AMSep 23
to
On 23/09/2022 11:41 pm, *skriptis wrote:
> PeteWasLucky <waleed...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
>> Rafa's parents are classy, big difference really.
>
>
> I've seen them cheering for their son many times, same as Novak's parents have done when Federer abused them.
>
> Last time I've checked you're allowed to cheer in between the points and clap for your son's good points.
>


The only time anyone ever saw Sampras' parents was in the 2000 Wimbledon
final, and they were hiding from the cameras so you only got a brief
glimpse if you were lucky. They were not applauding anyone. That's class.

I kinda liked Seles' dad too - he was always smiling and applauding
opponent's shots. Seemed very genuine and didn't take tennis that
seriously.



Whisper

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 11:41:57 AMSep 23
to
Novak has always been more interesting than Fed/Rafa, who let's face it
are a bit like Edberg, very dull and predictable in their comments.

The only fault I have with him is his irrational fear of covid vaccines.
So dumb and I'll never understand it.



PeteWasLucky

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 12:23:00 PMSep 23
to
Whisper <whi...@ozemail.com.au> Wrote in message:r
> On 23/09/2022 11:22 pm, PeteWasLucky wrote:> On Friday, September 23, 2022 at 7:31:49 AM UTC-4, *skriptis wrote:>> Whisper <whi...@ozemail.com.au> Wrote in message:r>>> On 23/09/2022 9:41 am, PeteWasLucky wrote:> https://youtu.be/tM5O9THbFwQVery classy comments from Novak.Hard to be friends with rivals while playing but may be closer in retirement - if Roger can put those 3 Wimbledon final losses behind him.>>>>>>>> He lost more to Nadal and in earlier stages when hewas a lot more expected to win. So it's not bitter losses that hurt imo, it's his racism and arrogance towards the Serb.>>>> Don't care really, but it's how it is.>>>> Federer would never tell Rafa's parents to shut up and not cheer for their son. He had no problems abusing and insulting Novak's.> > Rafa's parents are classy, big difference really.> >>Sampras' parents were the classiest as nobody ever saw or heard from them. That's real class.

They acted well too.

Shakes

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 2:38:24 PMSep 23
to
I agree with you on this that parents sitting in the player's box are
not typical fans. However, I am sure your son doesn't shout "Shut Up"
to his opponent's parents when they cheer him (the opponent) between
points. He's more classy than that ? :)

Between the three of them, I would say Nadal is the classiest. Fed is
quite a Prima Donna while Djok carries a certain grudge/anger against
the tennis world, and has a chip on his shoulder.



Shakes

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 2:39:51 PMSep 23
to
PeteWasLucky wrote:

> Whisper <whi...@ozemail.com.au> Wrote in message:r

>> Sampras' parents were the classiest as nobody ever saw or heard from
>> them.
> > That's real class.
>
> They acted well too.

Which movie ? :)

*skriptis

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 2:41:17 PMSep 23
to
"Shakes" <kvcs...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
> Between the three of them, I would say Nadal is the classiest. Fed isquite a Prima Donna while Djok carries a certain grudge/anger againstthe tennis world, and has a chip on his shoulder.


I think you've got it right.


However is Toni classy?


https://amp.theguardian.com/sport/2009/jun/01/rafael-nadal-soderling-french-open-crowd

Rafael Nadal’s uncle calls French crowd ‘stupid’ after shock defeat

• Fans appeared to support Sweden's Robin Soderling
• 'French don't like it when a Spaniard wins'

Mon 1 Jun 2009 23.09 BST


;)

Shakes

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 2:49:53 PMSep 23
to
*skriptis wrote:

> "Shakes" <kvcs...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
> > Between the three of them, I would say Nadal is the classiest. Fed
> > isquite a Prima Donna while Djok carries a certain grudge/anger
> > againstthe tennis world, and has a chip on his shoulder.
>
>
> I think you've got it right.
>
>
> However is Toni classy?
>
>
>
https://amp.theguardian.com/sport/2009/jun/01/rafael-nadal-soderling-french-open-crowd
>
> Rafael Nadal’s uncle calls French crowd ‘stupid’ after shock defeat
>
> • Fans appeared to support Sweden's Robin Soderling
> • 'French don't like it when a Spaniard wins'
>
> Mon 1 Jun 2009 23.09 BST
>
>
> ;)

I still think Toni is okay for the most part. That could be a one-off
and not a pattern.

Most importantly, both Rafael and Toni are classy towards Fed (like
Whisper said) and that seems to be very important for a large part of
the tennis community.

PeteWasLucky

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 2:53:15 PMSep 23
to
"Shakes" <kvcs...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
> PeteWasLucky wrote:> On Friday, September 23, 2022 at 9:41:51 AM UTC-4, *skriptis wrote:> > Parents sitting in player corner aren't fans, you know this.> Have you seen this happening from any other parents or just djok> parents? I am not allowed to say anything when I watch my son> playing tennis match in high school as a parent. There are rules and> protocols, acting outside them are either considered breaking the> rules and/or lack of class.I agree with you on this that parents sitting in the player's box arenot typical fans. However, I am sure your son doesn't shout "Shut Up"to his opponent's parents when they cheer him (the opponent) betweenpoints. He's more classy than that ? :)Between the three of them, I would say Nadal is the classiest. Fed isquite a Prima Donna while Djok carries a certain grudge/anger againstthe tennis world, and has a chip on his shoulder.

Who shouted "shut up"?

PeteWasLucky

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 2:53:48 PMSep 23
to
"Shakes" <kvcs...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
> PeteWasLucky wrote:> Whisper <whi...@ozemail.com.au> Wrote in message:r>> Sampras' parents were the classiest as nobody ever saw or heard from>> them.> > That's real class.> > They acted well too.Which movie ? :)

Oh Ray :)

*skriptis

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 3:02:32 PMSep 23
to
PeteWasLucky <waleed...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
> Who shouted "shut up"?


Be quiet = shut up

Transgression was in the fact he addressed them, while they never addressed him.

Telling them to "be quiet" in a such patronising, humiliating way in front of the world is the same as if he told them to shut up.



Kyrgios told Wawrinka "Kokk banged your girlfriend". Is it so much better since he didn't say "fuck"?

Hardly makes a difference.

PeteWasLucky

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 3:13:14 PMSep 23
to
*skriptis <skri...@post.t-com.hr> Wrote in message:r
> PeteWasLucky <waleed...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:> Who shouted "shut up"?Be quiet = shut up Transgression was in the fact he addressed them, while they never addressed him.Telling them to "be quiet" in a such patronising, humiliating way in front of the world is the same as if he told them to shut up.Kyrgios told Wawrinka "Kokk banged your girlfriend". Is it so much better since he didn't say "fuck"?Hardly makes a difference.-- ----Android NewsGroup Reader----https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

Be quiet = Be quiet

It's very normal to ask them to be quiet when they are sitting too close to the court and shouting lines' calls loudly.

Their behavior resulted in this response and I am sure this was the last time they acted this way.

Shakes

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 3:33:33 PMSep 23
to
PeteWasLucky wrote:

> *skriptis <skri...@post.t-com.hr> Wrote in message:r
> > PeteWasLucky <waleed...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:> Who
> > shouted "shut up"?Be quiet = shut up Transgression was in the fact
> > he addressed them, while they never addressed him.Telling them to
> > "be quiet" in a such patronising, humiliating way in front of the
> > world is the same as if he told them to shut up.Kyrgios told
> > Wawrinka "Kokk banged your girlfriend". Is it so much better since
> > he didn't say "fuck"?Hardly makes a difference.-- ----Android
> > NewsGroup
> >
Reader----https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html
>
> Be quiet = Be quiet
>
> It's very normal to ask them to be quiet when they are sitting too
> close to the court and shouting lines' calls loudly.

It's very normal for the umpire to call out, not the player. Fed
calling out to Djok's parents, whether they deserved it or not, is
definitely not normal.



Shakes

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 3:34:48 PMSep 23
to
Yes, he didn't. I got it wrong as I didn't remember the exact words
used.

PeteWasLucky

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 3:51:12 PMSep 23
to
"Shakes" <kvcs...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
> PeteWasLucky wrote:> *skriptis <skri...@post.t-com.hr> Wrote in message:r> > PeteWasLucky <waleed...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:> Who> > shouted "shut up"?Be quiet = shut up Transgression was in the fact> > he addressed them, while they never addressed him.Telling them to> > "be quiet" in a such patronising, humiliating way in front of the> > world is the same as if he told them to shut up.Kyrgios told> > Wawrinka "Kokk banged your girlfriend". Is it so much better since> > he didn't say "fuck"?Hardly makes a difference.-- ----Android> > NewsGroup> >Reader----https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html> > Be quiet = Be quiet> > It's very normal to ask them to be quiet when they are sitting too> close to the court and shouting lines' calls loudly.It's very normal for the umpire to call out, not the player. Fedcalling out to Djok's parents, whether they deserved it or not, isdefinitely not normal.

It's not normal for parents or coaches sitting close to the opponent player and the court shouting lines' calls and I have no issue when any player act this way in the same situation. I would have done the same, nothing requires me to keep watching and listening to them acting this way while I am playing.

guypers

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 4:00:45 PMSep 23
to
Agree totally, not even in hi school

*skriptis

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 4:14:36 PMSep 23
to
PeteWasLucky <waleed...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
> It's not normal for parents or coaches sitting close to the opponent player and the court shouting lines' calls and I have no issue when any player act this way in the same situation. I would have done the same, nothing requires me to keep watching and listening to them acting this way while I am playing.


You're not playing, the point was over.

Shakes

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 5:07:33 PMSep 23
to
PeteWasLucky wrote:

> "Shakes" <kvcs...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
> > It's very normal for the umpire to call out,
> > not the player. Fedcalling out to Djok's parents, whether they
> > deserved it or not, isdefinitely not normal.
>
> It's not normal for parents or coaches sitting close to the opponent
> player and the court shouting lines' calls and I have no issue when
> any player act this way in the same situation. I would have done the
> same, nothing requires me to keep watching and listening to them
> acting this way while I am playing.

If you think that way, it's fine. I am positive that if it had been
Nadal or any other player in Fed's position, they wouldn't have reacted
the same way. In this particular instance, it was not during the rally.
The rally was over.

My point is not whether Djok's parents deserved it or not, or even if
it was okay for Fed to call them out (I wouldn't think it was okay, but
it's just my opinion), it definitely wasn't classy - which is what Fed
is labelled as.

Mike DeSantis

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 5:48:10 PMSep 23
to
Whisper schrieb am Freitag, 23. September 2022 um 10:30:07 UTC+2:
> On 23/09/2022 9:41 am, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> > https://youtu.be/tM5O9THbFwQ
>
>
> Very classy comments from Novak.
>
> Hard to be friends with rivals while playing but may be closer in
> retirement - if Roger can put those 3 Wimbledon final losses behind him.

He can.
He was 32, 33 and 37 years old when lost those 3 Wimbledon finals to a 26, 27 and 31-year-old Djokovic.
It was to be expected.

As has been explained a few times already the 5/6-year age gap between the Maestro and Joker/Rafa was a monstrous disadvantage for Roger.
Look, Djokovic had won only 3 (!) slams before Federer turned 30.
7 slams before Federer turned 33.


Mike

PeteWasLucky

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 5:53:00 PMSep 23
to
Deserved it or not? :)
It's not a punishment, they were told to be quiet.
Haven't you ever been told to be quiet? In class, movie, etc?
But continue on...

Gracchus

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 7:10:07 PMSep 23
to
On Friday, September 23, 2022 at 2:07:33 PM UTC-7, Shakes wrote:


> My point is not whether Djok's parents deserved it or not, or even if
> it was okay for Fed to call them out

That is a fucking STUPID EXPRESSION!

Gracchus

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 7:15:32 PMSep 23
to
Of course it was deserved. It wouldn't have been necessary if the umpire had kept Djoke's lowlife family in check, but he didn't. So Federer had to attend to it himself. IMO he showed remarkable restraint in *only* telling them to be quiet.

Sawfish

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 7:41:14 PMSep 23
to
Ditto.

--
--Sawfish
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The Ayatolla of Rock and Rolla!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Court_1

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 8:04:35 PMSep 23
to
Exactly. Federer was too kind to those two uncouth Djokovic parents. I would have said a lot worse to them than Federer did!

In any case, if anybody has dry eyes after watching this ending of Federer's tennis career with Nadal crying and Federer's whole family crying, I'd like to know who that dirtball is. The most elegant and popular tennis player of all time is leaving the stage. He deserves the praise. He brought so many fans to the sport and kept them there for two decades.

Shakes

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 8:07:55 PMSep 23
to
When I was interrupting the class, maybe, but not when talking during a
break.

> In class, movie, etc?
> But continue on...

Again, was the incident in the middle of the rally or between points ?

There's a big difference.

Shakes

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 8:10:11 PMSep 23
to
> restraint in only telling them to be quiet.

So, amongst all the voices and noises in the stadium, Fed only picked
up Djok's parents' screaming ?


Court_1

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 8:15:54 PMSep 23
to
Give it a rest, Shakes! *rolls eyes*

*skriptis

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 8:21:21 PMSep 23
to
"Shakes" <kvcs...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
> So, amongst all the voices and noises in the stadium, Fed only pickedup Djok's parents' screaming ?


Racism Shakes.

Different standards for different folks.

Uncouth Djokovic parents (read Serbs/Russians, etc) should not celebrate their son's points, or express any emotion while watching their son or even say anything in between the points, even if it's a mere instinctive reaction "the ball was in".





God hates arrogance.

Even today, He has reminded us again. As scum here were again bashing Djokovic's parents, their precious had another MP moment in his farewell match.

If that's not a sign...

Gracchus

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 8:25:09 PMSep 23
to
It's obvious they were deliberately aiming to disrupt his play. It's like Sharapova's father heckling Petrova in Russian, Brad Gilbert harassing Muster while he played Agassi, or Jim Pierce shouting, "Kill the bitch, Mary!" These things aren't even comparable to "normal" crowd noise.

Shakes

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 8:28:51 PMSep 23
to
Yeah, fine.

> *rolls eyes*

Didn't see that for a long time. I thought you forgot how to do that.

Sawfish

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 8:29:59 PMSep 23
to
On 9/23/22 5:04 PM, Court_1 wrote:
> On Friday, September 23, 2022 at 7:15:32 PM UTC-4, Gracchus wrote:
>> On Friday, September 23, 2022 at 2:53:00 PM UTC-7, PeteWasLucky wrote:
>>> On Friday, September 23, 2022 at 5:07:33 PM UTC-4, Shakes wrote:
>>>> My point is not whether Djok's parents deserved it or not, or even if
>>>> it was okay for Fed to call them out (I wouldn't think it was okay, but
>>>> it's just my opinion), it definitely wasn't classy - which is what Fed
>>>> is labelled as.
>>> Deserved it or not? :)
>>> It's not a punishment, they were told to be quiet.
>>> Haven't you ever been told to be quiet? In class, movie, etc?
>>> But continue on...
>> Of course it was deserved. It wouldn't have been necessary if the umpire had kept Djoke's lowlife family in check, but he didn't. So Federer had to attend to it himself. IMO he showed remarkable restraint in *only* telling them to be quiet.
> Exactly. Federer was too kind to those two uncouth Djokovic parents. I would have said a lot worse to them than Federer did!
But then, you'd never be playing Djokovich in a final, so no worries.
>
> In any case, if anybody has dry eyes after watching this ending of Federer's tennis career with Nadal crying and Federer's whole family crying, I'd like to know who that dirtball is.

"I'm your huckleberry."


> The most elegant and popular tennis player of all time is leaving the stage.


Yes. Agreed. Absolutely. No kiddin', Court.

> He deserves the praise.
He does.
> He brought so many fans to the sport and kept them there for two decades.
That I don't care about, but I DO care that I got to watch him for 20 years.


--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Doncha know,
That it's a shame and a pity
You were raised
Up in the city
And you never learned nothin'
'bout country ways."


--Not So Sweet Martha Lorraine
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*skriptis

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 8:30:27 PMSep 23
to
Gracchus <grac...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
> It's obvious they were deliberately aiming to disrupt his play. It's like Sharapova's father heckling Petrova in Russian, Brad Gilbert harassing Muster while he played Agassi, or Jim Pierce shouting, "Kill the bitch, Mary!" These things aren't even comparable to "normal" crowd noise.


If you'd do that, it doesn't mean others follow the same reasoning/motivation.

So speak for yourself.


Besides what you said can't be applied here. What's the "deliberate disturbance" if someone yells unspecific, undirected fan stuff once the point is over?

Smoking too much?

Sawfish

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 8:36:19 PMSep 23
to
On 9/23/22 5:21 PM, *skriptis wrote:
> "Shakes" <kvcs...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
>> So, amongst all the voices and noises in the stadium, Fed only pickedup Djok's parents' screaming ?
>
> Racism Shakes.
>
> Different standards for different folks.
>
> Uncouth Djokovic parents (read Serbs/Russians, etc) should not celebrate their son's points, or express any emotion while watching their son or even say anything in between the points, even if it's a mere instinctive reaction "the ball was in".
>
>
>
>
>
> God hates arrogance.
>
> Even today, He has reminded us again. As scum here were again bashing Djokovic's parents, their precious had another MP moment in his farewell match.
>
> If that's not a sign...
>
>
>
But this is all such *small* shit, right?

The MP moments signify, the astonishing halfvolleys from the baseline to
turn an offensive shot by the opponent into an offensive shot for Fed
signify All this matters, but not the off-court stuff that happened for
or against him. Those are simple distractions.

Does this make sense?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The food at the new restaurant was awful--but at least the portions
were large!" --Sawfish

Shakes

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 8:41:11 PMSep 23
to
Gracchus wrote:

> On Friday, September 23, 2022 at 5:10:11 PM UTC-7, Shakes wrote:
>
> > So, amongst all the voices and noises in the stadium, Fed only
> > picked up Djok's parents' screaming ?
>
> It's obvious they were deliberately aiming to disrupt his play.

But it was not during the play. The point was over.

> It's
> like Sharapova's father heckling Petrova in Russian, Brad Gilbert
> harassing Muster while he played Agassi, or Jim Pierce shouting,
> "Kill the bitch, Mary!" These things aren't even comparable to
> "normal" crowd noise.

Fair enough, though in none of these cases the other player shouted at
the said person. Fed won a record number of Stefan Edberg awards. It's
in that context that I am evaluating his reaction. It's not like
heckling never happened to a top player ever before.

*skriptis

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 8:51:14 PMSep 23
to
"Shakes" <kvcs...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
> Fair enough, though in none of these cases the other player shouted at the said person. Fed won a record number of Stefan Edberg awards. It'sin that context that I am evaluating his reaction. It's not like heckling never happened to a top player ever before.



Let's take a look at pure class. You're class not when you cheer after points are over, you're actually a class when you do this.




https://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/roger-federer-and-stan-wawrinka-in-10minute-row-over-wife-mirka-heckling-claims-20141118-11onwi.html


Roger Federer and Stan Wawrinka at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals on Saturday night became clearer yesterday as well-placed sources attested that the two men found themselves "thrashing out their differences" in the O2 Arena's gym after their semi-final.

Furthermore, the common thread in the accounts of a hot-tempered match concerns the role of Federer's wife, Mirka. It is understood that Mirka's intense and even provocative support for her husband – which peaked just before Wawrinka served for the match at 5-4 in the third set –caused Wawrinka to complain about her behaviour.

The following conversation was caught by the microphones in the second set.

Umpire Cedric Mourier: "I didn't hear anything, Stan."

Wawrinka: "That's because I wasn't on their side [of the court]. She did the same thing at Wimbledon. Every time I'm on their side, she mouths off before the serve. It's insufferable."

Then at 5-5 in the third set, after Wawrinka had already wasted three match points, he comes up to Mourier again to say "Not before the serve." At this point, the words "Cry baby" can be heard in a female voice. Wawrinka points his racket at the side of the court, towards the position occupied by Mirka and the rest of the Federer team, then looks down the court at Federer.

"What did she say?" he asks incredulously.



This is class.

Shakes

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 8:59:08 PMSep 23
to
:) I forgot this incident. Actually, Wawrinka should've asked Mirka to
be quiet. Poor guy was called a cry baby (IIRC, even by some folks on
RST) for complaining to the umpire.