Below-average Steffi tops above-average Williams sisters in 1999!

Calimero

Apr 30, 2018, 4:23:27 PM4/30/18
In 1999 Steffi was 2-2 H2H against Venus Williams and 1-1 H2H against Serena Williams. The most important match, though, was when she beat Venus in the Wimbledon quarters (Venus would win Wimbledon in 2000 and 2001).

More important however is that Steffi OVERTOOK both sisters in the WTA rankings. When she retired on August 13th that year she was ranked at #3. Venus was #4 and Serena #9.

But who was closer to their peak - Steffi or the Willies?

1) Steffi in 1999 had her worst winning percentage that years since 1985. She had only 3 worse seasons than 1999. Extremely below-average.

2) Venus in 1999 had the 7th-best (!) winning percentage in her long, long career. Clearly above average.

3) Serena in 1999 had the 3rd-best (!) winning percentage in the 1997-2009 time frame. Clearly above average.

So we can conclude:
Extremely below-average Steffi was better than clearly-above-average Serena and Venus.

Patriotic US tennis fans won't like that and are set to come up with excuses.
Maybe racism?

Lol

Max

soccerfan777

Apr 30, 2018, 4:50:50 PM4/30/18
On Monday, April 30, 2018 at 3:23:27 PM UTC-5, Calimero wrote:
> In 1999 Steffi was 2-2 H2H against Venus Williams and 1-1 H2H against Serena Williams. The most important match, though, was when she beat Venus in the Wimbledon quarters (Venus would win Wimbledon in 2000 and 2001).
>
> More important however is that Steffi OVERTOOK both sisters in the WTA rankings. When she retired on August 13th that year she was ranked at #3. Venus was #4 and Serena #9.
>

> But who was closer to their peak - Steffi or the Willies?
>
> 1) Steffi in 1999 had her worst winning percentage that years since 1985. She had only 3 worse seasons than 1999. Extremely below-average.
>
> 2) Venus in 1999 had the 7th-best (!) winning percentage in her long, long career. Clearly above average.
>
> 3) Serena in 1999 had the 3rd-best (!) winning percentage in the 1997-2009 time frame. Clearly above average.
>
> So we can conclude:
> Extremely below-average Steffi was better than clearly-above-average Serena and Venus.

Its very clear and need not be explained. Any one who thinks Venus is better is out of his mind. Anyone who thinks Serena is better is just a CEIBS fucker.

> Patriotic US tennis fans won't like that and are set to come up with excuses.
> Maybe racism?

Its called reverse-racism.

> Lol
>

> Max

The Iceberg

Apr 30, 2018, 6:15:01 PM4/30/18
wow! so you can be a "reverse" racist!

Calimero

Apr 30, 2018, 6:15:05 PM4/30/18
Yes, right-wingers like Bob and Steve Jaros clearly have a bad conscience because their ancestors probably were slave holders or have lynched several poor black men. And now they try to make good for this by zealous support for the not very likable Serena Williams. Who is a US national, which is another plus. So they can combine their bad conscience with good old nationalism. A win-win situation for them.

Max

*skriptis

Apr 30, 2018, 7:17:12 PM4/30/18
Calimero <calim...@gmx.de> Wrote in message:
You're a boring troll.

Tell me, Graf in 1999 is measured by her career percentages, but
when you compare her to Serena, you're using only Serena's
1997-2009 period to find best Serena years?

lol

You're a boring cherry picking troll.

Slams: 23>22
Goat: 112>110
Mpoat: 152>151

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Calimero

Apr 30, 2018, 7:39:15 PM4/30/18
On Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 1:17:12 AM UTC+2, *skriptis wrote:
> Calimero <calim...@gmx.de> Wrote in message:
> > In 1999 Steffi was 2-2 H2H against Venus Williams and 1-1 H2H against Serena Williams. The most important match, though, was when she beat Venus in the Wimbledon quarters (Venus would win Wimbledon in 2000 and 2001).
> >
> > More important however is that Steffi OVERTOOK both sisters in the WTA rankings. When she retired on August 13th that year she was ranked at #3. Venus was #4 and Serena #9.
> >

> > But who was closer to their peak - Steffi or the Willies?
> >
> > 1) Steffi in 1999 had her worst winning percentage that years since 1985. She had only 3 worse seasons than 1999. Extremely below-average.
> >
> > 2) Venus in 1999 had the 7th-best (!) winning percentage in her long, long career. Clearly above average.
> >
> > 3) Serena in 1999 had the 3rd-best (!) winning percentage in the 1997-2009 time frame. Clearly above average.
> >
> > So we can conclude:
> > Extremely below-average Steffi was better than clearly-above-average Serena and Venus.
> >

> > Patriotic US tennis fans won't like that and are set to come up with excuses.
> > Maybe racism?
>

> You're a boring troll.
>
> Tell me, Graf in 1999 is measured by her career percentages, but
> when you compare her to Serena, you're using only Serena's
> 1997-2009 period to find best Serena years?

You so dumb that must be humming all day.

I said that Steffi had her worst winning percentage in 1999 since she turned 16 in 1985.
But that Serena had her 3rd-best winning percentage of the 1997-2009 time span in 1999.
And still Steffi overtook Serena in the rankings that year.

What the hell is so difficult to understand there?

Let me put it even more blunt to an idiot like you:

In 1999 Steffi had a better winning percentage only than
1) in 1983 (she turned 14 that year),
2) in 1984 (she turned 15 that year) and
3) in 1985 (she turned 16 that year).

In 1999 Serena had a better winning percentage than
1) in 1997 (she turned 16 that year),
2) in 1998 (she turned 17 that year),
3) in 2000 (she turned 19 that year),
4) in 2001 (she turned 20 that year),
5) in 2003 (she turned 22 that year),
6) in 2004 (she turned 23 that year),
7) in 2005 (she turned 24 that year),
8) in 2006 (she turned 25 that year),
9) in 2007 (she turned 26 that year),
10) in 2008 (she turned 27 that year) and
11) in 2009 (she turned 28 that year).

Even dumbbells like you should be able to grasp that Serena was far closer to her peak than Stefanie Maria Graf. And STILL in 1999 Steffi overtook Serena Williams in the WTA rankings.

Jaros and Bob do realizes all this very well. I know they just want to wind me up with their ridiculous Serena blabbering. And I play the game with them.

But you seem to be the quintessential dumb, uneducated and strongmen-loving Slav here, right?

Max

*skriptis

Apr 30, 2018, 7:41:20 PM4/30/18
Calimero <calim...@gmx.de> Wrote in message:
> On Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 1:17:12 AM UTC+2, *skriptis wrote:
>> Calimero <calim...@gmx.de> Wrote in message:
>> > In 1999 Steffi was 2-2 H2H against Venus Williams and 1-1 H2H against Serena Williams. The most important match, though, was when she beat Venus in the Wimbledon quarters (Venus would win Wimbledon in 2000 and 2001).
>> >
>> > More important however is that Steffi OVERTOOK both sisters in the WTA rankings. When she retired on August 13th that year she was ranked at #3. Venus was #4 and Serena #9.
>> >

>> > But who was closer to their peak - Steffi or the Willies?
>> >
>> > 1) Steffi in 1999 had her worst winning percentage that years since 1985. She had only 3 worse seasons than 1999. Extremely below-average.
>> >
>> > 2) Venus in 1999 had the 7th-best (!) winning percentage in her long, long career. Clearly above average.
>> >
>> > 3) Serena in 1999 had the 3rd-best (!) winning percentage in the 1997-2009 time frame. Clearly above average.
>> >
>> > So we can conclude:
>> > Extremely below-average Steffi was better than clearly-above-average Serena and Venus.
>> >

>> > Patriotic US tennis fans won't like that and are set to come up with excuses.
>> > Maybe racism?
>>

>> You're a boring troll.
>>
>> Tell me, Graf in 1999 is measured by her career percentages, but
>> when you compare her to Serena, you're using only Serena's
>> 1997-2009 period to find best Serena years?
>

> You so dumb that must be humming all day.
>
> I said that Steffi had her worst winning percentage in 1999 since she turned 16 in 1985.
> But that Serena had her 3rd-best winning percentage of the 1997-2009 time span in 1999.
> And still Steffi overtook Serena in the rankings that year.
>
> What the hell is so difficult to understand there?
>
> Let me put it even more blunt to an idiot like you:
>
> In 1999 Steffi had a better winning percentage only than
> 1) in 1983 (she turned 14 that year),
> 2) in 1984 (she turned 15 that year) and
> 3) in 1985 (she turned 16 that year).
>
> In 1999 Serena had a better winning percentage than
> 1) in 2000 (she turned 19 that year),
> 2) in 2001 (she turned 20 that year),
> 3) in 2003 (she turned 22 that year),
> 4) in 2004 (she turned 23 that year),
> 5) in 2005 (she turned 24 that year),
> 6) in 2006 (she turned 25 that year),
> 7) in 2007 (she turned 26 that year),
> 8) in 2008 (she turned 27 that year),
> 9) in 2009 (she turned 28 that year).
>
> Even dumbbells like you should be able to grasp that Serena was far closer to her peak than Stefanie Maria Graf. And STILL in 1999 Steffi overtook Serena Williams in the WTA rankings.
>
> Jaros and Bob do realizes all this very well. I know they just want to wind me up with their ridiculous Serena blabbering. And I play the game with them.
>
> But you seem to be the quintessential dumb, uneducated and strongmen-loving Slav here, right?

Stats are always misleading as players have different careers.

E.g. Nadal had many breaks and skipped many slams throughout his
carrer while Federer played in continuity until,recently.

So stats most often tell us nothing. They're unreliable. But if
used objectively, they might tells us couple of things.

But when you start cherrypicking stats, using only selective
periods (as here using only 1997-2009 for Serena) then it's all
officially a joke contest.

It's a joke. People laugh at you.

Calimero

Apr 30, 2018, 9:02:02 PM4/30/18
> But when you start cherrypicking stats, using only selective
> periods (as here using only 1997-2009 for Serena) then it's all
> officially a joke contest.

LOLOL, q.e.d. ...

Again for the dumb Slav:

Serena's 1999 was her 11th-best season of 22 seasons so far. If we count only years with at least 30 matches it is her 8th-best of 15. An average season for Serena.

Steffi's 1999 was her 14th-best season of 17 seasons. She was worse only as a 13/15-year-old. An abysmal season for Steffi.

Still she overtook Serena in the rankings in 1999. Did it sink in now, Igor?

My, oh my ...

Max

soccerfan777

Apr 30, 2018, 9:17:55 PM4/30/18
*dipshit got Pwned. Good job Max.

*skriptis

May 1, 2018, 6:04:58 AM5/1/18
"If we count only years"...

lol

> Steffi's 1999 was her 14th-best season of 17 seasons. She was worse only as a 13/15-year-old. An abysmal season for Steffi.

And she is worse as a 31, 32, 32, 34-year old as well, no?

But you omitted that.

We know players have different careers and therefore stats are
meaningless.

Borg played less and has beefed up stats, Connors longer and
naturally his are worse.

But you aren't only satisfied with using stats to prove your
biased point, you're literally omitting and cherypicking years,
matches etc.

You're a joke.

Calimero

May 1, 2018, 6:38:27 AM5/1/18
We can exclude their stats at that age since Steffi didn‘t play anymore as a grandma.

Then Steffi‘s 1999 was her 14th-best season of 17 seasons until age 30.
And Serena‘s 1999 was her 5th-best season of 15 seasons until age 30.
So Steffi in one of her worst seasons overtook Serena in one of her best seasons.

> We know players have different careers and therefore stats are
> meaningless.

Yeah, Steffi and Serena did have different careers, which I just have given you another proof for.
That Trump/Putin lovers like you and our resident US right-wingers deem facts and stats „meaningless“ is nothing new.
Except if they find ONE single stat that favors their fave of course.

> Borg played less and has beefed up stats, Connors longer and
> naturally his are worse.

Serena‘s stats were lower because she played longer?
Lol, you went nuts when I initially omitted Serena‘s later years!

> But you aren't only satisfied with using stats to prove your
> biased point, ...

You mean that in 1999 Steffi had a very bad year but Serena had an good/average year and still Steffi overtook Serena in the rankings?
Why is that a „biased point“? It is fact.

You just don‘t like the obvious conclusion that Steffi was a better player than Serena.

Max