Wang Liqin's rubbers

瀏覽次數:40 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

blujon

未讀,
2003年7月1日 下午3:14:022003/7/1
收件者:
Hello my tt friends!
I just watch WC match between Wang Liqin and Chiang Peng Lung and I wonder
what kind of rubbers Wang Liqin uses. Are these chineese rubbers (with blue
sponge like Friendship or so) or something else?
Thanks for answers,
blujon
Poland

John Schneider

未讀,
2003年7月1日 下午3:26:302003/7/1
收件者:
In article <bdsmhq$k88$1...@news.onet.pl>, b...@2team.pl says...
Wang Liqin supposedly uses DHS Hurricane II on the forehand and Nittaku
J.O. Waldner on the backhand.

blujon

未讀,
2003年7月1日 下午3:47:032003/7/1
收件者:
> Wang Liqin supposedly uses DHS Hurricane II on the forehand and Nittaku
> J.O. Waldner on the backhand.

John I can count on You as always :)
thanks for answer.

Peter Moo Young

未讀,
2003年7月1日 晚上9:18:462003/7/1
收件者:
I saw recently that he had switched to Hammond Pro Alpha on the
backhandside.
"John Schneider" <js2100[NOSPAM]@pacbell.net> wrote in message

John Schneider

未讀,
2003年7月1日 晚上10:13:212003/7/1
收件者:
In article <vg4cnpa...@news.supernews.com>, pete...@cwjamaica.com
says...

> I saw recently that he had switched to Hammond Pro Alpha on the
> backhandside.

http://forums.about.com/ab-tabletennis/messages?lgnF=y&msg=10180.2

Cole Ely

未讀,
2003年7月2日 上午8:11:592003/7/2
收件者:
I've read about 4 rubbers and 4 blades that he supposedly uses. Sunflex,
nittaku, g888...who really knows?

"John Schneider" <js2100[NOSPAM]@pacbell.net> wrote in message

Lorenz Jacobsen

未讀,
2003年7月2日 上午8:42:312003/7/2
收件者:
John Schneider <js2100[NOSPAM]@pacbell.net> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
MPG.196b811ed...@news.la.sbcglobal.net...

> > what kind of rubbers Wang Liqin uses. Are these chineese rubbers (with
blue
> > sponge like Friendship or so) or something else?
> > Thanks for answers,
> > blujon
> > Poland

> Wang Liqin supposedly uses DHS Hurricane II on the forehand and Nittaku
> J.O. Waldner on the backhand.

That would be the blue--dark orange is also available--version of 2.2 mm DHS
#22 sponge under the Hurricane 2 topsheet. I think the blue pigment gives it
a harder hit than that of the dark-orange sponge. I read somewhere once that
they used lapis lazuli for the pigment in the blue pips-out Chinese DHS and
Friendship rubber sheets. Blue was the favorite pips-out color for the
Chinese back before the color rule. In 1971 at the World Championships, Li
Jingguang (Li Ching kuang), Xi Enting (Hsi En-ting), Liang Geliang (Liang
Ko-liang)--both sides--and Zhou Lansun (Chou Lan-sun) used blue pips. Zhuang
Zedong (Chuang Tse-tung) had green pips and Li Furong (Li Fu-jung) had red
pips. BTW, of the players mentioned only Liang Geliang was a shakehand
player. Note: the names in
parentheses are in the Wade-Giles system used at the time:
www.wfu.edu/~sinclair/pinyinwg.htm
Perhaps they still use lapis lazuli--for the blue sponge.
www.cn-tt.com/knowledge/viewarticle.php?enID=12
http://world.altavista.com
www.wenlin.com
http://makeashorterlink.com/?I5DE52804

Add the banning of blue pips to the list: "The Ways the ITTF Screwed the
Penhold Player."

LLJ

Marc Pilpousis

未讀,
2003年7月2日 中午12:12:072003/7/2
收件者:
More than about 10 years ago I asked Dr.Harrison in snail-mail
about the rationale for banning colors other than Red & black.

I asked him why they did not choose 2 groups of colors
such as red,yellow, orange in one group & colors such as
green, blue & black in the other.

He said this is what was originally considered but companies like
Butterfly opposed it for marketing reasons.

Don't blame me for Dr.Harrison said. This is his reasoning not mine.

Looks like Butterfly
(or other rmajor makers I do not know exact names) etc preferred
to limit research costs. To me this would even seem illegal monopoly
because what if a new small company wanted to make a better
& specialized rubber but only in say green What is wrong with that ?
What is wrong is that the major makers would lose their market share.

But given the simple fact that the 2color rule itself is a stupid
premature overreaction to the now usual & routine paranoid
robotNazi whinings , the whole thing is a mess anyway.

On a sidenote, there is a major difference between red & black rubbers
(as explained by Dr.Harrison)
One is a pigment & one is a dye ( I can't remember which one is which
probably the black is pigment ?) & therefore the manufacturing processes
themselves may be different.

This is why (again according to him) the red & black rubbers of the same
brand may not play the close to same let alone identical.

"Lorenz Jacobsen" <lorenz_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Lorenz Jacobsen

未讀,
2003年7月2日 下午2:14:582003/7/2
收件者:

Marc Pilpousis <MarcAce_...@australia.edu> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
bdv08m$113pqu$1...@ID-158805.news.dfncis.de...

> More than about 10 years ago I asked Dr.Harrison in snail-mail
> about the rationale for banning colors other than Red & black.
>
> I asked him why they did not choose 2 groups of colors
> such as red,yellow, orange in one group & colors such as
> green, blue & black in the other.
>
> He said this is what was originally considered but companies like
> Butterfly opposed it for marketing reasons.
>
> Don't blame me for Dr.Harrison said. This is his reasoning not mine.
>
> Looks like Butterfly

I think Yasaka and Donic not. They both had red and Yasaka: blue, Donic:
green. It seems to me that they also had black at the same--therefore a
three-color choice.

> (or other rmajor makers I do not know exact names) etc preferred
> to limit research costs. To me this would even seem illegal monopoly
> because what if a new small company wanted to make a better
> & specialized rubber but only in say green What is wrong with that ?
> What is wrong is that the major makers would lose their market share.

I would like to see a class action suit brought to court against Tamasu etc.

> But given the simple fact that the 2color rule itself is a stupid
> premature overreaction to the now usual & routine paranoid
> robotNazi whinings , the whole thing is a mess anyway.
>
> On a sidenote, there is a major difference between red & black rubbers
> (as explained by Dr.Harrison)
> One is a pigment & one is a dye ( I can't remember which one is which
> probably the black is pigment ?) & therefore the manufacturing processes
> themselves may be different.

I think when the topsheet is translucent they use dye; when it's opaque they
use pigment. Most pairs have red: translucent, black: opaque. The blue and
green from Yasaka and Donic respectively, were translucent. The only
tranlucent black I know of is Nittaku Glasnost. IMO, black has a longer
dwell time than red for a given pair--even for Chinese pips-out which are
usually opaque in both colors.

> This is why (again according to him) the red & black rubbers of the same
> brand may not play the close to same let alone identical.

First came the two-color rule and then perhaps two years later the red-black
rule. Eric Lindh was playing with Mark V--red forehand, blue backhand.
Having to switch from blue to black screwed up his backhand. Jorgen Persson
suffered also. He had to switch from a Donic green to black.

LLJ

Victor Kan

未讀,
2003年7月2日 晚上8:17:502003/7/2
收件者:
> I think when the topsheet is translucent they use dye; when it's opaque they
> use pigment. Most pairs have red: translucent, black: opaque. The blue and
> green from Yasaka and Donic respectively, were translucent. The only
> tranlucent black I know of is Nittaku Glasnost. IMO, black has a longer
> dwell time than red for a given pair--even for Chinese pips-out which are
> usually opaque in both colors.

Man, I'll have to give Nittaku Glasnost a try, if only because I'm a
firm believer in the evil that is the usual (opaque) black rubber.

Now that I think about it, I think the ASTI black rubber might have been
translucent, but I'm not sure.

>>This is why (again according to him) the red & black rubbers of the same
>>brand may not play the close to same let alone identical.

I can certainly believe it, given how differently Mendo MP red and black
play.

> First came the two-color rule and then perhaps two years later the red-black
> rule. Eric Lindh was playing with Mark V--red forehand, blue backhand.
> Having to switch from blue to black screwed up his backhand. Jorgen Persson
> suffered also. He had to switch from a Donic green to black.

I really loved the green DHS 7412 inverted rubber I used many years ago.
Fantastic control and dwell time, without being tacky.

--
I do not accept unsolicted commercial e-mail. Remove NO_UCE for
legitimate replies.

Olaniyi570

未讀,
2003年7月3日 晚上10:10:222003/7/3
收件者:
Someone told me he uses Trojans:-)
-T

John Schneider

未讀,
2003年7月23日 下午4:58:272003/7/23
收件者:
"Cole Ely" <cole...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<vg5j0e4...@corp.supernews.com>...

> I've read about 4 rubbers and 4 blades that he supposedly uses. Sunflex,
> nittaku, g888...who really knows?

It appeared that Wang Liqin was still using a Stiga Offensive blade in
Paris. The consensus on rubber seems to be Hurricane II on the
forehand and Hammond Pro Alpha on the backhand.

Da...@posting.posting.usenet

未讀,
2021年8月3日 下午2:19:292021/8/3
收件者:
Hi Victor ,
You were referrring Erik Lindh & Persson's blue rubbers
It is funny how we have come in full circles.They are going to be
legal again in a few weeks (October 1 2021).

New colors in addition to current black & red :- pink, violet, green
and blue

https://www.ittf.com/2021/02/03/emotional-theory-colours-new-rubber-colours-decided/

So when are you going to get your equipment committee repeal the
Aspect Ratio Regulation.
It is practically dead in countrie slike China & Korea & was
officialized in an Indiana tournament on July 17 2021

0 則新訊息