Women's advocacy groups silent on transgender swimmer Lia Thomas' domination at NCAA championships

1 view

Leroy N. Soetoro

Apr 3, 2022, 4:46:43 PM4/3/22
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/womens-groups-silent-transgender-lia-
thomas

As controversy continues to build around biological male collegiate
athlete Lia Thomas' domination at the NCAA women's swimming competition
last week, prominent women's groups have been largely silent.

Fox News Digital reached out to the Women's Sports Foundation, Black Women
in Sport Foundation, the National Organization for Women, and other
advocacy groups for their opinions on the transgender athlete's recent
domination in races against biological females. None of the organizations
responded to Fox News Digital's request for comment.

LIA THOMAS TIES FOR FIFTH IN 200 FREESTYLE, IS IGNORED BY COMPETITORS AS
SHE EXITS POOL

Women's advocacy groups are stuck in a high-pressure situation as they are
forced to reckon support for women in sports with their stated support for
transgender women.

On its website, the Women's Sports Foundation outlines its position on
transgender athletes saying: "The Women’s Sports Foundation supports the
right of all athletes, including transgender athletes, to participate in
athletic competition that is fair, equitable and respectful to all."
However, the group didn't respond to an inquiry on Thomas' case when
questioned by Fox News Digital.

Critics argue that Thomas should not be allowed to compete against women
because of the physical advantages they say biological males have over
female swimmers.

On the other hand, supporters say Thomas should be able to compete because
the athlete is transitioning and identifies as a woman. They also point to
the fact that the NCAA has allowed Thomas to compete.

"We’re watching the death of women’s sports right before our eyes in the
name of some misplaced sense of equity," Gina Ciarcia, a mother of five
who is running for Congress in Virginia's 7th Congressional District, told
Fox News Digital.

"Female athletes are watching their hard work and lifelong dreams being
ripped away by biological males who aren’t talented enough to be
competitive in male sports," she continued.

In addition, a group of women who protested outside the women's NCAA
swimming championships last week told Fox News Digital they have "walked
away" from the Democratic Party and believe many others have, as well.

"I was historically liberal. I would say I'm politically homeless now
because I don't think the Democrats care about women and girls," one
activist with the group Save Women’s Sports told Fox News Digital.

The women’s advocacy group doesn't agree with Democrats' push to include
biological males in women's activities and stationed outside Georgia
Tech’s athletic center to protest Thomas competing in the NCAA women’s
swimming and diving championships last week.

The CEO of Champion Women, Nancy Hogshead-Makar, reached out to Fox News
Digital after publication to describe the organization's stance on Thomas'
participation.

"The entry of a transwoman who experienced male puberty and the sexual
dimorphism that comes with it virtually terminates the chances of cis-
gendered women from winning in the sport," Hogshead-Makar said in a
statement.

"Women’s sport categories exist for the explicit purpose to give
biological women – half the world’s population – an equal opportunity in
sport. It matters beyond winning; qualifying for the women’s category
while having male-puberty advantage corrupts the competition."

Fox News' Tyler O'Neil, Teny Sahakian and Matt Wall contributed to this
report.

Comments:

Ididntdoit

Democrats pass laws that always do the opposite of the promise. Mitch
McConnell is the same as a democrat also. Only trump ever delivered lower
prices and higher wages with lower taxes than any president since I was
born in the 60s . I've voted for every party and have been depressed by
every single one except Trump.

foxwatcher1

Trump was the only one since Reagan that did what was actually good for
the majority of the people. The middle class.

Yankee15

Women's advocacy groups silent on transgender swimmer Lia Thomas'
domination at NCAA championships
Politically, this is actually good. The injustice will drive even more
liberals to support conservative candidates as the libs eat their own.

--
"LOCKDOWN", left-wing COVID fearmongering. 95% of COVID infections
recover with no after effects.

ballots. Report voter fraud: sf.n...@mail.house.gov

fiasco, President Trump.

queer liberal democrat donors.