Use-the-NT 2021: Match Day 3

Futbolmetrix

Oct 17, 2021, 10:34:05 PM10/17/21
Match day 3 coming up. Default lineups the ones that finished MD2.

"Armata
DF: Bonucci, Calafiori, Zappacosta
MF: Pessina, Barella, Lo. Pellegrini, Chiesa
FW: Insigne, El Shaarawy, Immobile ©, Petagna, Politano

Beards
DF: Laporte, Azpilicueta, Alonso
MF: B. Diaz, Pedri, Luis Alberto, Merino
FW: Rafa Mir(c), Alcacer, Borja Iglesias, Oyarzabal, Asensio

Bungs
DF: Trippier, Shaw, Tavernier
MF: Bellingham, Grealish, Dewsbury-Hall, Rice
FW: Sterlling, Abraham, Vardy, Akpom ©, Kane

Jogo
DF: Marquinhos, Éder Militão, Renan Lodi
MF: Roberto Firmino, Bruno Guimarães, Casemiro, Otávio
FW: David Neres, Neymar (C), Vinícius Júnior, Matheus Cunha, Gabriel Jesus

Midfielders
DF: Philipp Max, Gosens, Tah
MF: Wirtz, Götze, Baku, Reus, Sane
FW: Gnabry©, Müller, Adeyemi, Behrens

Peaceniks
DF: Hakimi, Mazraoui, Zeddal
MF: Mahrez, D. Biton, Ziyech, Natcho, Abada
FW: Zahavi, Salah ©, Taremi, Benrahma

Tugas
DF: Vieirinha,Cancelo, Tiago Djaló
MF: Bruno Fernandes, André Horta, Bernardo Silva (ManCity), Bernardo Silva (Feyenoord)
FW: Cristiano Ronaldo (c), Diogo Jota, Jota, Paulinho Rafael Leão

Vikings
DF: Bah, Boilesen, Sviatchenko
MF: Saltnes, Stage, Lerager, Pellegrinosen
FW: Wind ©, Y. Poulsen, Karlsson, Isak, Solbakken

Waffles/Windmills
DF: De Vrij, Van Dijk, Meunier
MF: T. Hazard, Saelemakers, De Bruyne, Carrasco
FW: D. Malen, Depay, Lukaku (c), Weghorst, E. Hazard

Wonderland
DF: Alaba, Akanji, Trauner
MF: Laimer, Sabitzer, Freuler, Shaqiri, Schwab
FW: Okafor, Mambimbi, Ndoye ©, Schmidt

"

HASM

Oct 18, 2021, 1:18:35 PM10/18/21

Tugas for Oct 19/20/21

DF:
João Cancelo (Man City),
Tiago Djaló (LOSC)
Nuno Mendes (PSG)
MF:
Bruno Fernandes (Man Utd)
Bubacar Djaló (HJK)
João Palhinha (Sporting)
Joelson (Basel)
FW:
Cristiano Ronaldo © (Man Utd)
Paulinho (Sporting)
José Embaló (Alashkert)
Jota (Celtic)
Bruma (PSV)

-- HASM

Jesper Lauridsen

Oct 18, 2021, 3:03:12 PM10/18/21

Vikings
DF: Bah, Sviatchenko, Mæhle
MF: Saltnes, Stage, Hammershøj-Mistrati, Pellegrinosen
FW: Wind, Haaland (C), Karlsson, Isak, Solbakken

Midfielders
DF: Philipp Max, Hummels, Kopplin
MF: Wirtz, Götze, Reus, Sane
FW: Gnabry, Müller, Adeyemi (C), Werner, Behrens

MH

Oct 18, 2021, 7:23:36 PM10/18/21
On 2021-10-17 20:34, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> Match day 3 coming up. Default lineups the ones that finished MD2.
>
> "Armata
> DF: Bonucci, Calafiori, Zappacosta
> MF: Pessina, Barella, Lo. Pellegrini, Chiesa
> FW: Insigne, El Shaarawy, Immobile ©, Petagna, Politano
>
> Beards
> DF: Laporte, Azpilicueta, Alonso
> MF: B. Diaz, Pedri, Luis Alberto, Merino
> FW: Rafa Mir(c), Alcacer, Borja Iglesias, Oyarzabal, Asensio

wholesale changes are likely. But I will wait on this until tomorrow
morning. Pedri is injured I think, so put in Gavi instead of him right
now. Fati in for Asensio.
More later.
Not sure who is playing and who is not. Meunier might come out. Need t
to wait to review tomorrow's lineups and injuries.

Futbolmetrix

Oct 18, 2021, 9:25:06 PM10/18/21
On Sunday, October 17, 2021 at 10:34:05 PM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> Match day 3 coming up. Default lineups the ones that finished MD2.
>
> Armata
> DF: Bonucci, Calafiori, Zappacosta
> MF: Pessina, Barella, Lo. Pellegrini, Chiesa
> FW: Insigne, El Shaarawy, Immobile ©, Petagna, Politano

Hmmm...Inter vs Sheriff, Milan at Porto, Atalanta at ManU and Juve at Zenit, Lazio vs Marseille, Napoli vs Legia, Roma at Bodo Glimt. Looks like the right week to target Atalanta players!

Armata:
DF: Bonucci, Dimarco, Toloi
MF: Barella, Lo. Pellegrini, Pessina, Locatelli
FW: Chiesa, Insigne (c), Immobile, El Shaarawy, Politano

Futbolmetrix

Oct 18, 2021, 9:54:19 PM10/18/21
On Sunday, October 17, 2021 at 10:34:05 PM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:

> Peaceniks
> DF: Hakimi, Mazraoui, Zeddal
> MF: Mahrez, D. Biton, Ziyech, Natcho, Abada
> FW: Zahavi, Salah ©, Taremi, Benrahma

DF: Hakimi, Mazraoui, Mandi
MF: Mahrez, D. Biton, Feghouli, Abada
FW: Zahavi, Salah (c), Taremi, Benrahma, Slimani

Werner Pichler

Oct 19, 2021, 10:53:36 AM10/19/21
On Monday, October 18, 2021 at 4:34:05 AM UTC+2, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> Match day 3 coming up. Default lineups the ones that finished MD2.
>

> Bungs
> DF: Trippier, Shaw, Tavernier
> MF: Bellingham, Grealish, Dewsbury-Hall, Rice
> FW: Sterling, Abraham, Vardy, Akpom ©, Kane

Come on Foden, do something. I've already forgotten who Dewsbury-Hall was.

Also, I'll never doubt Cap'n 'Arry ever again (or at least until Thursday).

DF: Trippier, Shaw, Tavernier
MF: Foden, Bellingham, Grealish, Rice
FW: Sterling, Abraham, Vardy, Akpom, Kane ©

Ciao,
Werner

MH

Oct 19, 2021, 12:10:56 PM10/19/21
On 2021-10-18 17:23, MH wrote:
> On 2021-10-17 20:34, Futbolmetrix wrote:
>> Match day 3 coming up. Default lineups the ones that finished MD2.
>>
>> "Armata
>> DF: Bonucci, Calafiori, Zappacosta
>> MF: Pessina, Barella, Lo. Pellegrini, Chiesa
>> FW: Insigne, El Shaarawy, Immobile ©, Petagna, Politano
>>
>> Beards
>> DF: Laporte, Azpilicueta, Alonso
>> MF: B. Diaz, Pedri, Luis Alberto, Merino
>> FW: Rafa Mir(c), Alcacer, Borja Iglesias, Oyarzabal, Asensio
>
> wholesale changes are likely.  But I will wait on this until tomorrow
> morning. Pedri is injured I think, so put in Gavi instead of him right
> now.  Fati in for Asensio.

Celtic already 70 minutes in, good thing I was not planning to select
any of their players.

D: Laporte, Pau Torres, Azpilicueta
MF: Gavi, Merino, Thiago Alcantara, Manu Trigueros
F: Sarabia, Rafa Mir, Borja Iglesias, Oyarzabal, Gerard Moreno

A lot of those are place holders, though.
DF: De Vrij, Van Dijk, Denayer
MF: De Bruyne, Saelemakers, Carrasco, de Roon
F: Lukaku (C), Batshuayi, Malen, Depay, Weghorst

HASM

Oct 19, 2021, 12:46:36 PM10/19/21

Bruma (PSV) out.
Pedro Goncalves (Sporting) in.

Match is at 0:18 now.

-- HASM

Futbolmetrix

Oct 19, 2021, 12:50:50 PM10/19/21
Ok, I'll allow that.

Werner Pichler

Oct 19, 2021, 1:19:49 PM10/19/21
On Tuesday, October 19, 2021 at 4:53:36 PM UTC+2, Werner Pichler wrote:
> On Monday, October 18, 2021 at 4:34:05 AM UTC+2, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> > Match day 3 coming up. Default lineups the ones that finished MD2.
> >

> > Bungs
> > DF: Trippier, Shaw, Tavernier
> > MF: Bellingham, Grealish, Dewsbury-Hall, Rice
> > FW: Sterling, Abraham, Vardy, Akpom ©, Kane
>
> Come on Foden, do something.

I didn't mean helping the Tugas get on the board.

Ciao,
Werner

MH

Oct 19, 2021, 1:30:22 PM10/19/21
On 2021-10-19 10:10, MH wrote:
> On 2021-10-18 17:23, MH wrote:
>> On 2021-10-17 20:34, Futbolmetrix wrote:
>>> Match day 3 coming up. Default lineups the ones that finished MD2.
>>>
>>> "Armata
>>> DF: Bonucci, Calafiori, Zappacosta
>>> MF: Pessina, Barella, Lo. Pellegrini, Chiesa
>>> FW: Insigne, El Shaarawy, Immobile ©, Petagna, Politano
>>>
>>> Beards
>>> DF: Laporte, Azpilicueta, Alonso
>>> MF: B. Diaz, Pedri, Luis Alberto, Merino
>>> FW: Rafa Mir(c), Alcacer, Borja Iglesias, Oyarzabal, Asensio
>>
>> wholesale changes are likely.  But I will wait on this until tomorrow
>> morning. Pedri is injured I think, so put in Gavi instead of him right
>> now.  Fati in for Asensio.
>
> Celtic already 70 minutes in, good thing I was not planning to select
> any of their players.
>
> D: Laporte, Pau Torres, Azpilicueta
> MF:  Gavi, Merino, Thiago Alcantara, Manu Trigueros
> F: Sarabia, Rafa Mir, Borja Iglesias, Oyarzabal, Gerard Moreno

Goal for Sarabia. On a pretty pathetic penalty award, very late by VAR.
Oh, and my captain for now is Oyarzabal. Bound to change.

Futbolmetrix

Oct 19, 2021, 2:01:14 PM10/19/21
On Tuesday, October 19, 2021 at 1:30:22 PM UTC-4, MH wrote:
> Goal for Sarabia. On a pretty pathetic penalty award, very late by VAR.
> Oh, and my captain for now is Oyarzabal. Bound to change.

Also Mahrez for the Peaceniks. Completely useless in FPL, but delivers the goods here.

Werner Pichler

Oct 19, 2021, 2:06:16 PM10/19/21
Geez! I don't know how often I've picked Kyle Walker in previous editions of this game
to no avail whatsoever, and now he suddenly makes a run into the Brugge box as if it was
the most natural thing in the world, getting his first ever European goal in his 64th match.

Ciao,
Werner

MH

Oct 19, 2021, 2:22:31 PM10/19/21
On 2021-10-19 11:30, MH wrote:
> On 2021-10-19 10:10, MH wrote:

>>> wholesale changes are likely.  But I will wait on this until tomorrow
>>> morning. Pedri is injured I think, so put in Gavi instead of him
>>> right now.  Fati in for Asensio.
>>
>> Celtic already 70 minutes in, good thing I was not planning to select
>> any of their players.
>>
>> D: Laporte, Pau Torres, Azpilicueta
>> MF:  Gavi, Merino, Thiago Alcantara, Manu Trigueros
>> F: Sarabia, Rafa Mir, Borja Iglesias, Oyarzabal, Gerard Moreno
>
> Goal for Sarabia. On a pretty pathetic penalty award, very late by VAR.
> Oh, and my captain for now is Oyarzabal.  Bound to change.

Thiago Alcantara out, Herrera (PSG) in.

Werner Pichler

Oct 19, 2021, 2:43:27 PM10/19/21
On Tuesday, October 19, 2021 at 4:53:36 PM UTC+2, Werner Pichler wrote:
Not a good start with two blanks and two left-out goals already :(

Shaw out, TAA in

DF: Trippier, Alexander-Arnold, Tavernier

Werner Pichler

Oct 19, 2021, 2:44:37 PM10/19/21
PSA: Weghorst has Corona.

Ciao,
Werner

Futbolmetrix

Oct 19, 2021, 2:58:11 PM10/19/21
On Tuesday, October 19, 2021 at 2:01:14 PM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:

> Also Mahrez for the Peaceniks. Completely useless in FPL, but delivers the goods here.

Delivers the good twice! Weaufx gods caught napping

Jesper Lauridsen

Oct 19, 2021, 3:20:27 PM10/19/21
Milner is the greatest poacher ever.

Futbolmetrix

Oct 19, 2021, 3:27:37 PM10/19/21
On Tuesday, October 19, 2021 at 3:20:27 PM UTC-4, Jesper Lauridsen wrote:

> Milner is the greatest poacher ever.

Haven't seen it yet, but the benevolent and peace-loving UEFA bureaucrats currently have it as a Salah goal (after going back and forth a couple of times).

MH

Oct 19, 2021, 4:02:07 PM10/19/21
Thanks. I will replace him. with Lukebakio for now

> Ciao,
> Werner

Futbolmetrix

Oct 19, 2021, 10:59:59 PM10/19/21
On Tuesday, October 19, 2021 at 4:02:07 PM UTC-4, MH wrote:

> Thanks. I will replace him. with Lukebakio for now

Goal to Salah confirmed. He also adds a second one from the penalty spot. The Peaceniks rush ahead to a large lead, but there is a lot more football left to play.

Standings after the Tuesday matches:

Peaceniks 6 (Salah 2(x2), Mahrez 2)
Tugas 2 (Joao Cancelo, Paulinho)
Jogo 2 (Vincius Junior 2)
Waffles/Windmills 1 (De Vrij)
All others still at 0

Futbolmetrix

Oct 20, 2021, 9:33:19 AM10/20/21
On Tuesday, October 19, 2021 at 10:59:59 PM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:

> Standings after the Tuesday matches:
>
> Peaceniks 6 (Salah 2(x2), Mahrez 2)
> Tugas 2 (Joao Cancelo, Paulinho)
> Jogo 2 (Vincius Junior 2)
> Waffles/Windmills 1 (De Vrij)
> All others still at 0

PSA: Spartak Moscow-Leicester City (Europa League) is being played today, kickoff in about an hour.

Jesper Lauridsen

Oct 20, 2021, 12:22:42 PM10/20/21
3 Dortmund players. Great.

Sviatchenko out for the Vikings, Kristensen (Salzburg) in.

Futbolmetrix

Oct 20, 2021, 2:02:46 PM10/20/21
Toloi and Pessina injured. Replace with Zappacosta and Bernardeschi. Updated Armata:

DF: Bonucci, Dimarco, Zappacosta
MF: Barella, Lo. Pellegrini, Bernardeschi, Locatelli

Futbolmetrix

Oct 20, 2021, 2:17:48 PM10/20/21
Mandi not starting. Replace with Sun Menachem (Maccabi Haifa)

DF: Hakimi, Mazraoui, Menachem

Futbolmetrix

Oct 20, 2021, 2:19:52 PM10/20/21
On Tuesday, October 19, 2021 at 10:59:59 PM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:
Beards were actually at 1.
Now Midfielders at 2 with a goal by Captain Adeyemi, and Wonderland on the board with Okafor.

Left out goals by Pique(Beards) and Jordan Larsson (Vikings)

Futbolmetrix

Oct 20, 2021, 2:22:03 PM10/20/21
Make that two goals by Okafor, who, by the way, UEFA thinks is a midfielder. Go crazy, Werner.

MH

Oct 20, 2021, 2:46:38 PM10/20/21
Morata in, Borja Iglesias out. Make Morata captain.

Jesper Lauridsen

Oct 20, 2021, 2:50:13 PM10/20/21
On 2021-10-18, Jesper Lauridsen <rors...@sorrystofanet.dk> wrote:

> Midfielders
> DF: Philipp Max, Hummels, Kopplin
> MF: Wirtz, Götze, Reus, Sane
> FW: Gnabry, Müller, Adeyemi (C), Werner, Behrens

No Gnabry. Put in Voglsammer for now.

Futbolmetrix

Oct 20, 2021, 3:15:07 PM10/20/21
On Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 12:22:42 PM UTC-4, Jesper Lauridsen wrote:

> Sviatchenko out for the Vikings, Kristensen (Salzburg) in.

Wrong (Ch)ristensen.

Futbolmetrix

Oct 20, 2021, 3:26:23 PM10/20/21
Lukaku wins a penalty, which Jorginho takes and scores, messing up the Armata's efficiency score. Lukaku then subbed off injured.

Jesper Lauridsen

Oct 20, 2021, 3:39:24 PM10/20/21
On 2021-10-20, Futbolmetrix <daniele....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Left out goals by Pique(Beards) and Jordan Larsson (Vikings)

His first goal since May. Hence the no-pick.

Futbolmetrix

Oct 20, 2021, 3:43:35 PM10/20/21
On Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 3:39:24 PM UTC-4, Jesper Lauridsen wrote:
> On 2021-10-20, Futbolmetrix <> wrote:
> >
> > Left out goals by Pique(Beards) and Jordan Larsson (Vikings)
> His first goal since May. Hence the no-pick.

No UtN goals, but ManU down 2-0 at home versus Atalanta. Not looking good for Ole.

MH

Oct 20, 2021, 3:44:59 PM10/20/21
On 2021-10-20 12:22, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 2:19:52 PM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:

>>> Goal to Salah confirmed. He also adds a second one from the penalty spot. The Peaceniks rush ahead to a large lead, but there is a lot more football left to play.
>>>
>>> Standings after the Tuesday matches:
>>>
>>> Peaceniks 6 (Salah 2(x2), Mahrez 2)
>>> Tugas 2 (Joao Cancelo, Paulinho)
>>> Jogo 2 (Vincius Junior 2)
>>> Waffles/Windmills 1 (De Vrij)
>>> All others still at 0
>> Beards were actually at 1.

Now at 2 thanks to Gerard Moreno.

Werner Pichler

Oct 20, 2021, 4:11:39 PM10/20/21
I had actually planned to make Okafor captain, but didn't find the time to do any tinkering
before I had to leave for the stadium. I do not like 6:45 kick-off times.

Ciao,
Werner

Futbolmetrix

Oct 20, 2021, 4:17:06 PM10/20/21
On Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 4:11:39 PM UTC-4, Werner Pichler wrote:

> > Make that two goals by Okafor, who, by the way, UEFA thinks is a midfielder. Go crazy, Werner.
> I had actually planned to make Okafor captain, but didn't find the time to do any tinkering
> before I had to leave for the stadium. I do not like 6:45 kick-off times.

The ever more peace-loving UEFA takes away a Muller goal that could have cut the Peaceniks' lead. Elsewhere, left-out goals for the Bungs (Rashford) and Midfielders (Havertz)

Futbolmetrix

Oct 20, 2021, 4:20:03 PM10/20/21
And the Armata. Another Jorginho penalty (groan...). Locatelli and Bernardeschi subbed off, and the way things are looking, Chiesa and Bonucci will blank too.

Futbolmetrix

Oct 20, 2021, 4:36:36 PM10/20/21
On Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 4:20:03 PM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:

> And the Armata. Another Jorginho penalty (groan...). Locatelli and Bernardeschi subbed off, and the way things are looking, Chiesa and Bonucci will blank too.

Maguire equalizes for United. It's going to end with an injury time Ronaldo winner, right?

Futbolmetrix

Oct 20, 2021, 4:41:52 PM10/20/21
On Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 4:36:36 PM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:

> Maguire equalizes for United. It's going to end with an injury time Ronaldo winner, right?

Didn't have to wait that long. Long live Ole!

Futbolmetrix

Oct 20, 2021, 4:59:08 PM10/20/21
Two goals by Sane and Ronaldo's winner cut the Peaceniks' lead. Standings after the Wednesday matches:

Peaceniks 6 (Salah 2(x2), Mahrez 2)
Tugas 4 (Joao Cancelo, Paulinho, Cristiano Ronaldo (x2))
Midfielders 4 (Adeyemi(x2), Sane 2)
Beards 2 (Sarabia, Gerard Moreno)
Jogo 2 (Vincius Junior 2)
Wonderland 2 (Okafor 2)
Waffles/Windmills 1 (De Vrij)
Armata, Bungs and Vikings 0

Jesper Lauridsen

Oct 20, 2021, 6:36:01 PM10/20/21
On 2021-10-20, Futbolmetrix <daniele....@gmail.com> wrote:
With great power comes great responsibility!

Futbolmetrix

Oct 21, 2021, 12:06:52 PM10/21/21
On Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 4:59:08 PM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> Two goals by Sane and Ronaldo's winner cut the Peaceniks' lead. Standings after the Wednesday matches:
> Peaceniks 6 (Salah 2(x2), Mahrez 2)
> Tugas 4 (Joao Cancelo, Paulinho, Cristiano Ronaldo (x2))
> Midfielders 4 (Adeyemi(x2), Sane 2)
> Beards 2 (Sarabia, Gerard Moreno)
> Jogo 2 (Vincius Junior 2)
> Wonderland 2 (Okafor 2)
> Waffles/Windmills 1 (De Vrij)
> Armata, Bungs and Vikings 0

Two left-out Peacenik goals by Gabi Kanichowsky in the early game. I had a feeling Maccabi could do some damage, but picked the wrong attacking midfielder :-(

Futbolmetrix

Oct 21, 2021, 12:30:41 PM10/21/21
On Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 2:02:46 PM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:

> DF: Bonucci, Dimarco, Zappacosta
> MF: Barella, Lo. Pellegrini, Bernardeschi, Locatelli
> FW: Chiesa, Insigne (c), Immobile, El Shaarawy, Politano

Lo. Pellegrini out, Zaccagni in. Make Immobile captain. Politano unlikely to start, go with Filippo Falco of Crvena Zvezda instead.

DF: Bonucci, Dimarco, Zappacosta
MF: Barella, Zaccagni, Bernardeschi, Locatelli
FW: Chiesa, Insigne, Immobile (c), El Shaarawy, Falco

MH

Oct 21, 2021, 12:30:48 PM10/21/21
On 2021-10-20 12:46, MH wrote:

>>> Goal for Sarabia. On a pretty pathetic penalty award, very late by VAR.
>>> Oh, and my captain for now is Oyarzabal.  Bound to change.
>>
>> Thiago Alcantara out, Herrera (PSG) in.
>
> Morata in, Borja Iglesias out.  Make Morata captain.

I should have known better...

Oyarzabal is listed as a MF by UEFA. So I am moving him back to MF to
replace Mir, and adding Borja Iglesias as a forward. Mostly for "bird
in the hand" reasons because Iglesias is starting, and I don't know who
Real will pick away to Graz.

Weghorst was replaced with Lukebakio, and everyone has played except
Denayer. Lyon is away, and plays at 1:00, so let's wait and see.

Futbolmetrix

Oct 21, 2021, 12:36:54 PM10/21/21
Menachem not starting, replace with Taleb Tawatha.

DF: Hakimi, Mazraoui, Tawatha

Futbolmetrix

Oct 21, 2021, 12:39:38 PM10/21/21
On Thursday, October 21, 2021 at 12:30:48 PM UTC-4, MH wrote:

> >> Thiago Alcantara out, Herrera (PSG) in.
> >
> > Morata in, Borja Iglesias out. Make Morata captain.
> I should have known better...
>
> Oyarzabal is listed as a MF by UEFA. So I am moving him back to MF to
> replace Mir, and adding Borja Iglesias as a forward. Mostly for "bird
> in the hand" reasons because Iglesias is starting, and I don't know who
> Real will pick away to Graz.

Sorry, Rafa Mir (Sevilla) has already played. No changes made (but listed Oyarzabal as a MF)

Futbolmetrix

Oct 21, 2021, 1:55:13 PM10/21/21
On Thursday, October 21, 2021 at 12:36:54 PM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:

> DF: Hakimi, Mazraoui, Tawatha
> MF: Mahrez, D. Biton, Feghouli, Abada
> FW: Zahavi, Salah (c), Taremi, Benrahma, Slimani

No Feghouli, Zahavi, Benrahma and Slimani in the starting lineup. Ugh.
I'll keep Zahavi on, insert Ben Slimane (first Tunisian to play for the Peaceniks), El Arabi (Olympiakos) and Mostafa Mohamed (Galatasaray)

DF: Hakimi, Mazraoui, Tawatha
MF: Mahrez, D. Biton, Ben Slimane, Abada
FW: Zahavi, Salah (c), Taremi, El Arabi, Mohamed

MH

Oct 21, 2021, 2:33:37 PM10/21/21
I meant Merino, of course ! I can't believe I mistyped that.

MH

Oct 21, 2021, 2:55:35 PM10/21/21
Since Mir is a forward, the whole thing would not have made sense if I
had meant Mir, whom I clearly could not have chosen since he had already
played.

Anyway, put Merino back in for Oyarzabal, who is not starting.

Futbolmetrix

Oct 21, 2021, 5:20:01 PM10/21/21
On Thursday, October 21, 2021 at 2:33:37 PM UTC-4, MH wrote:

> I meant Merino, of course ! I can't believe I mistyped that.

Sorry again, I'll have to take a page from milivella's Evil Gamemaster playbook. Pick is not valid. I can't read minds.

MH

Oct 21, 2021, 5:40:46 PM10/21/21
Why would I say move him to MF, if I wanted to replace a forward (who
had already played) ? Replacing a forward with another forward (when I
had initially picked both) makes no sense.

Futbolmetrix

Oct 21, 2021, 5:41:08 PM10/21/21
On Thursday, October 21, 2021 at 2:55:35 PM UTC-4, MH wrote:

> Anyway, put Merino back in for Oyarzabal, who is not starting.

This was a poor week all around for our efficiency scores. Missed goals left and right, the Vikings mount a furious comeback thanks in part to Frodo-Gimli's dismantling of Roma (bwahahaha), but in the end the Peaceniks manage to hang on to the overall lead.

Final lineups and standings:

Peaceniks 7
DF: Hakimi, Mazraoui, Tawatha
MF: Mahrez 2, D. Biton, Ben Slimane, Abada
FW: Zahavi, Salah © 2(x2), Taremi, El-Arabi 1, Mohamed

Vikings 5
DF: Bah, Kristensen, Mæhle
MF: Saltnes, Stage, Hammershøj-Mistrati, Pellegrino 1
FW: Wind, Haaland (C), Karlsson 1, Isak 1, Solbakken 2

Midfielders 4
DF: Philipp Max, Hummels, Kopplin
MF: Wirtz, Götze, Reus, Sané 2
FW: Voglsammer, Müller, Adeyemi © 1(x2), Werner, Behrens

Tugas 4
DF: João Cancelo 1, Tiago Djaló, Nuno Mendes (PSG)
MF: Bruno Fernandes, Bubacar Djaló, João Palhinha,
Joelson, Pedro Gonçalves
FW: Cristiano Ronaldo © 1(x2), Paulinho 1, José Embaló, Jota

Beards 2
DF: Laporte, Pau Torres, Azpilicueta
MF: Gavi, Merino, Herrera, Manu Trigueros, Oyarzabal
FW: Sarabia 1, Rafa Mir, Morata (c), Gerard Moreno 1

Jogo 2
DF: Marquinhos, Éder Militão, Renan Lodi
MF: Roberto Firmino, Bruno Guimarães, Casemiro, Otávio
FW: David Neres, Neymar (C), Vinícius Júnior 2, Matheus Cunha, Gabriel Jesus

Wonderland 2
DF: Alaba, Akanji, Trauner
MF: Laimer, Sabitzer, Freuler, Shaqiri, Schwab, Okafor 2
FW: Mambimbi, Ndoye ©, Schmidt

Armata 1
DF: Bonucci, Dimarco, Zappacosta
MF: Barella, Zaccagni, Bernardeschi, Locatelli
FW: Chiesa, Insigne 1, Immobile (c), El Shaarawy, Falco

Waffles/Windmills 1
DF: De Vrij 1, Van Dijk, Denayer
MF: De Bruyne, Saelemakers, Carrasco, de Roon
FW: Lukaku (C), Batshuayi, Malen, Depay, Lukebakio

Bungs 0
DF: Trippier, Alexander-Arnold, Tavernier
MF: Foden, Bellingham, Grealish, Rice
FW: Sterling, Abraham, Vardy, Akpom, Kane ©

MatchDay standings:

Peaceniks 7 + 10 = 17
Vikings 5 + 6 = 11
Midfielders 4 + 3.5 = 7.5
Tugas 4 + 3.5 = 7.5
Beards 2 + 1 = 3
Jogo 2 + 1 = 3
Wonderland 2 + 1 = 3
Armata 1 + 0 = 1
Waffles/Windmills 1 + 0 = 1
Bungs 0 + 0 = 0

And the overall standings:

TotGoals TotPoints
Midfielders 15 32.5
Vikings 14 32.5
Peaceniks 16 32.2
Bungs 11 22
Tugas 9 16.2
Beards 6 8.45
Armata 5 6.45
Jogo 5 6.25
Wonderland 5 6.25
Waffles/Windmills 4 5.2

Very, very tight at both the top and the bottom.

Best lineups

Armata 6
DF:
MF: Jorginho 2(x2)
FW: Insigne, Politano

Beards 11
DF: Piqué, Alberto Moreno, Saborit
MF: Pep Biel, Jordi Gómez
FW: Sarabia (x2), Pino, Gerard Moreno, Kanté, Carles Perez, [Borja Iglesias]

Bungs 8
DF: Walker, Maguire, Dawson
MF: Palmer, Bowen, Green
FW: Rashford (x2)

Jogo 7
DF: Sidcley
MF:
FW: Vinicius Junior 2 (x2), Rodrygo, Cabral

Midfielders 9
DF: Wittek
MF: Havertz, Sané 2 (x2), Andrich
FW: Adeyemi, Nmecha

Peaceniks 12
DF:
MF: Mahrez 2, Kanichovsky 2
FW: Salah 2 (x2), Shamir, Jahanbakhsh, El-Arabi, Sayyadmanesh

Tugas 6
DF: João Cancelo
MF:
FW: Paulinho (x2), André Silva, Cristiano Ronaldo, Ricardo Horta

Vikings 14
DF: Christensen, Dyhr
MF: Kulusevski, Berg, Pellegrino
FW: J. Larsson, Botheim 2 (x2), Isak, Solbakken 2, Karlsson

Waffles/Windmills 10
DF: Blind, De Vrij
MF: Vanaken, Thill, Gerkens, Kums
FW: Linssen (x2), Boadu, Gakpo

Wonderland 8
DF: Hofmann
MF: Okafor 2 (x2), Grüll, Michorl
FW: Goiginger

Futbolmetrix

Oct 21, 2021, 5:42:56 PM10/21/21
On Thursday, October 21, 2021 at 5:40:46 PM UTC-4, MH wrote:

> Why would I say move him to MF, if I wanted to replace a forward (who
> had already played) ? Replacing a forward with another forward (when I
> had initially picked both) makes no sense.

I'm too soft of a gamemaster. If there are at least two other players who accept your plea (and none opposed), I'll accept the change.

Werner Pichler

Oct 22, 2021, 6:58:57 AM10/22/21
That zero hurts, but I wasn't able to tinker since I had to be on my way to Graz to see
my team play well and lose in excruciating fashion against the Spanish league leaders.

Don't think I've ever done back-to-back European matches before.
But looking at this, except maybe for Rashford (if I had realized in time that he was
back from injury) and - perhaps, perhaps - André Green (at home against the Red Imps...
but I doubt I'd have gone through with it) I don't think I would have picked any other
scorers in any case.
Okafor would have been a great captain, and I might have gotten one
of the LASK guys correct, but again - conjecture.

Ciao,
Werner

Werner Pichler

Oct 22, 2021, 7:04:22 AM10/22/21
Down with that sort of thing! (careful now)

Nah, I don't mind.
After all, the Bungs still aim for higher than those mid-table Beards!
And the Wonderland is safely below them.

Ciao,
Werner

Jesus Petry

Oct 22, 2021, 7:39:40 AM10/22/21
Neither do I object.
We at Jogo Apresentável only care about playing mildly attractive football.

Tchau!
Jesus Petry

Futbolmetrix

Oct 22, 2021, 8:18:14 AM10/22/21
On Friday, October 22, 2021 at 7:39:40 AM UTC-4, jesus... wrote:

> > Down with that sort of thing! (careful now)
> >

> > Nah, I don't mind.
> > After all, the Bungs still aim for higher than those mid-table Beards!
> > And the Wonderland is safely below them.
> Neither do I object.
> We at Jogo Apresentável only care about playing mildly attractive football.

You're all a bunch of softies. milivella would never approve this sort of thing. If nobody objects until 11:59pm (my time), the Beards will get their Borja Iglesias goal.

Futbolmetrix

Oct 23, 2021, 3:06:49 PM10/23/21
Updated MD3 standings:

MatchDay standings:

Peaceniks 7 + 10 = 17
Vikings 5 + 6 = 11
Midfielders 4 + 3.5 = 7.5
Tugas 4 + 3.5 = 7.5
Beards 3 + 2 = 5
Jogo 2 + 0.5 = 2.5
Wonderland 2 + 0.5 = 2.5
Armata 1 + 0 = 1
Waffles/Windmills 1 + 0 = 1
Bungs 0 + 0 = 0

Overall standings:

TotGoals TotPoints
Midfielders 15 32.5
Vikings 14 32.5
Peaceniks 16 32.2
Bungs 11 22
Tugas 9 16.2
Beards 7 10.45
Armata 5 6.45
Jogo 5 5.75
Wonderland 5 5.75
Waffles/Windmills 4 5.2

Jesper Lauridsen

Nov 1, 2021, 3:20:15 PM11/1/21
On 2021-10-21, Futbolmetrix <daniele....@gmail.com> wrote:

> TotGoals TotPoints
> Midfielders 15 32.5
> Vikings 14 32.5
> Peaceniks 16 32.2

Looking great at first glance, but the Salah Express is zooming past.

> Midfielders 9
> DF: Wittek

Big miss. He scored last round, so I was warned.

> MF: Havertz, Sané 2 (x2), Andrich

Obvious that there would be goals against Malmø, but Havertz was
benched so I picked Werner...

> FW: Adeyemi, Nmecha

> Vikings 14
> DF: Christensen, Dyhr
> MF: Kulusevski, Berg, Pellegrino

Picked Kulusevski so many times and he did nothing.

> FW: J. Larsson, Botheim 2 (x2), Isak, Solbakken 2, Karlsson

No Haaland goals and now he's out for a long spell.