Italy - North Macedonia [R]

Futbolmetrix

Nov 17, 2023, 3:58:48 PM11/17/23
HT:
Italy - Macedonia 3-0

Goals by Darmian (my FS pick from way back when) and a brace by Chiesa.
Jorginho, whose two penalty misses against Switzerland cost Italy qualification to WC2022, went on to miss another penalty.

If this result holds, Italy would only need a draw in its last match against Ukraine to qualify for Euro 2024

Futbolmetrix

Nov 17, 2023, 4:27:53 PM11/17/23
15 minutes left, 3-2. Ugh.

Futbolmetrix

Nov 17, 2023, 4:30:51 PM11/17/23
4-2, a little bit of breathing room

Futbolmetrix

Nov 17, 2023, 4:55:04 PM11/17/23
On Friday, November 17, 2023 at 4:30:51 PM UTC-5, Futbolmetrix wrote:

> 4-2, a little bit of breathing room

FT: 5-2.

So it's down to the head to head matchup between Ukraine and Italy on Monday (in Leverkusen?). Ukraine needs a win, Italy can settle for a draw. If I remember the complicated Nations League/playoff rules correctly, Italy can still get in through the playoff backdoor even if it loses on Monday

Ammammata

Nov 20, 2023, 2:28:57 AM11/20/23
Futbolmetrix used his keyboard to write :
> Italy would only need a draw in its last match against Ukraine to qualify for
> Euro 2024

when Italy JUST need a draw to qualify, it loses
(failing a penalty with jorginho, of course)

--
/-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\
-=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- - -=-

Binder Dundat

Nov 20, 2023, 2:47:52 PM11/20/23

On Monday, November 20, 2023 at 2:28:57 a.m. UTC-5, Ammammata wrote:
> Futbolmetrix used his keyboard to write :
> > Italy would only need a draw in its last match against Ukraine to qualify for
> > Euro 2024
> when Italy JUST need a draw to qualify, it loses
> (failing a penalty with jorginho, of course)

Except that both, even if they do lose today, can still qualify. Kinda takes the shine of this match.

Futbolmetrix

Nov 20, 2023, 3:34:04 PM11/20/23
On Monday, November 20, 2023 at 2:47:52 PM UTC-5, Binder Dundat wrote:
> On Monday, November 20, 2023 at 2:28:57 a.m. UTC-5, Ammammata wrote:
> > Futbolmetrix used his keyboard to write :
> > > Italy would only need a draw in its last match against Ukraine to qualify for
> > > Euro 2024
> > when Italy JUST need a draw to qualify, it loses
> > (failing a penalty with jorginho, of course)
> Except that both, even if they do lose today, can still qualify. Kinda takes the shine of this match.

HT: 0-0

Binder Dundat

Nov 20, 2023, 3:38:38 PM11/20/23
Ukrania were good for the first 5 minutes, but ti has been Italy more or less with the chances. Except at the end, a Ukrainian cross went through like 3 players and none seemed to want to get to it?

Ukrainians are worse divers than Italians or the Limeys.

I want this to be sudden death. Not lose but your still gonna qualify by beating Faroe Islands.

I dunno who they have to beat to qualify through the Nations liga or how it even works

MH

Nov 21, 2023, 1:01:04 PM11/21/23
Not clear yet pending results of Croatia and Wales, plus the actual
draw. Ukraine could get drawn in with the Path A teams (most likely
Poland, Wales, and Estonia !), or left in path B with Israel, Bosnia,
and one of Iceland or Finland. So of all the options, Poland is
probably the most serious challenge.

Ammammata

Nov 22, 2023, 6:16:23 AM11/22/23
MH expressed precisely :
> Not clear yet pending results of Croatia and Wales, plus the actual draw.
> Ukraine could get drawn in with the Path A teams (most likely Poland, Wales,
> and Estonia !), or left in path B with Israel, Bosnia, and one of Iceland or
> Finland. So of all the options, Poland is probably the most serious
> challenge.

I want Luxembourg to the Euro!