Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 49 Cup: schedule and play-in matches

Futbolmetrix

Jan 10, 2022, 3:22:56 AM1/10/22
Following popular demand, the BOTs will not participate in this season's Cup, with the exception of milivella, who is actually seeded. With 10 teams, the structure of the Cup is as follows:

Week 1: Play-in matches (4 teams involved, 6 teams get a bye)
Week 2: Quarterfinals (losers of play-in round rest, but are not eliminated)
Week 3: Semifinals. Losers of Quarterfinals plus losers of play-in round participate in repechage round 1 (three matches)
Week 4: Final. Losers of semifinals + 2 best repechage winners (goal difference, then goals scored, then random draw) play in 3rd place matches. Repechage losers + worst repechage winner participate in 7th place match.

Seeded teams (first round bye):
1. Werner Pichler
2. The Doctor
3. milivella
4. Jesus Petry
5. ixion martin
6. Jesper Lauridsen

Unseeded (play-in)
Futbolmetrix
Mark
MH
Jackson

Play-in draw and matches to be announced shortly.

Futbolmetrix

Jan 10, 2022, 4:17:47 AM1/10/22
On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 10:22:56 AM UTC+2, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> Following popular demand, the BOTs will not participate in this season's Cup, with the exception of milivella, who is actually seeded. With 10 teams, the structure of the Cup is as follows:

Play-in matches:

What to do
-----------

Look at the fixtures below: do you play home or away? In any case:
remember that it's single-leg, and a draw qualifies the team with the X
on its side.

*Home*
- Before Wednesday 2022-01-12, 11:59 GMT
- Pick one team from each of the two matches, in order of preference

*Away*
- After Wednesday (or even sooner, if the home player has picked his
teams) and before kickoff of the first match
- Pick one of the teams not picked by your opponent (if he hasn't picked
any team, you have free choice)
- Their opponents will represent your opponent

(If the away player doesn't pick any team before his deadline, the home
player will be represented by his preferred team. If nobody picks a
team, teams are assigned randomly.)

Fixtures
--------

MH - Mark
Reims 1 - Metz X2
Arminina Bielefeld 1 - Greuter Fürth X2

Jackson - Futbolmetrix
Strasbourg 1 - Montpellier X2
Wolfsburg 1 - Hertha Berlin X2

Results and fixtures
--------------------

* = qualifies

Play In
----------------
(2022.01.15-16)
PI1 : MH - Mark
PI2: Jackson - Futbolmetrix

Quarterfinals (2022.01.22-23)
----------------

QF1
1. Werner Pichler
Winner of PI1 (MH - Mark)

QF2
4. Jesus Petry
5. ixion martin

QF3
3. milivella
6. Jesper Lauridsen

QF4
2. The Doctor
Winner of PI2 (Jackson - Futbolmetrix)

Semifinal week (2022.01.29-30)
--------------
SF1: Winner of QF1 - Winner of QF2
SF2: Winner of QF4 - Winner of QF3

RR1: Loser of QF1 - Loser of QF2
RR2: Loser of QF3 - Loser of PI2
RR3: Loser of QF4 - Loser of PI1

Final week (2022.01.05-06)
-----------
F1: Winner of SF1 - Winner of SF2

3P1: Loser of SF1 - Second best winner of RR
3P2: Loser of SF2 - Best winner of RR

7P1: Third best winner of RR - 3rd best loser of RR
7P2: Best loser of RR - 2nd best loser of RR

The Doctor

Jan 10, 2022, 11:05:15 AM1/10/22
In article <223ec70e-b5eb-42d1...@googlegroups.com>,
Ready for the fun1
Birthdate 29 Jan 1969 Redhill Surrey England Beware https://mindspring.com

Futbolmetrix

Jan 12, 2022, 3:58:33 AM1/12/22
On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 11:17:47 AM UTC+2, Futbolmetrix wrote:

> Fixtures
> --------
>
> MH - Mark
> Reims 1 - Metz X2
> Arminina Bielefeld 1 - Greuter Fürth X2
>
> Jackson - Futbolmetrix
> Strasbourg 1 - Montpellier X2
> Wolfsburg 1 - Hertha Berlin X2

MH, Jackson: don't forget to make your picks

Mark

Jan 13, 2022, 9:27:46 AM1/13/22
On Wednesday, January 12, 2022 at 8:58:33 AM UTC, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 11:17:47 AM UTC+2, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> >
> > Fixtures
> > --------
> >
> > MH - Mark
> > Reims 1 - Metz X2
> > Arminina Bielefeld 1 - Greuter Fürth X2

Reims

MH

Jan 13, 2022, 7:19:44 PM1/13/22
Did not see this. And then my original reply did not send and did not
show up. If I am still allowed to pick,
1/ Reims
2/ Arminia

Futbolmetrix

Jan 14, 2022, 3:36:17 PM1/14/22
On Friday, January 14, 2022 at 2:19:44 AM UTC+2, MH wrote:

> > MH - Mark
> > Reims 1 - Metz X2
> > Arminina Bielefeld 1 - Greuter Fürth X2
> Did not see this. And then my original reply did not send and did not
> show up. If I am still allowed to pick,
> 1/ Reims
> 2/ Arminia

Sorry, Mark has already made his free pick. The matchup is:

MH (Metz X2) - Mark (Reims 1)

Futbolmetrix

Jan 15, 2022, 1:25:17 AM1/15/22
The problem with kicking out the BOTs is that then there are too few active players and people forget to pick.
I'm going with Strasbourg.

MH

Jan 16, 2022, 12:22:06 PM1/16/22
Maybe not picking is the best strategy. Was hoping for a draw, which
was possible. Did not expect an away win.

Futbolmetrix

Jan 16, 2022, 4:45:01 PM1/16/22
Not the first or last time this will happen.

Play-in results:

MH 1 - 0 Mark (Metz X2-Reims 1)
Jackson 1 - 3 Futbolmetrix (Montpellier X2-Strasbourg 1)

Mark and Jackson sit out next week, but will be back for the Repechage Round. Quarterfinals are set:

QF1
1. Werner Pichler
MH

QF2