Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 48 Match Day 6

Futbolmetrix

Oct 10, 2021, 7:08:48 AM10/10/21
Nobody will accuse the fair and benevolent gamemaster to doctor the league picks to make it difficult on his direct opponent. It's all Austria, baby!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6-P3pFhmQI
(yeah, yeah, I know: Austrians despise the movie and this song in particular...)

PS: Google right now thinks that all matches will be played no earlier that Saturday, but keep an eye on changes in schedule.

Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 48 - League (AUT) Matchday 6 (2021-10-16 and 2021-10-17)

What to do
-----------

If you don't play in Tier 3, you can also cast your vote for Lassie's pick!

Look at the fixtures below: do you play home or away?

*Home*
- Before the end of Wednesday (= before 2021-10-13, 23:59 GMT)
=- Pick one team from each of the two matches, in order of preference

*Away*
=- After the beginning of Thursday, (or even sooner, if the home player has picked their teams) and before kickoff of the first match on Saturday, 2021-10-16
- Pick one of the teams not picked by your opponent (if they haven't picked any team, you have free choice; if she is Lassie and there is a tie, diregard the last vote)
=- their opponents will represent your opponent

(If the away player doesn't pick any team before his deadline, the home player will be represented by his preferred team. If nobody picks a team, teams are assigned randomly.)

Fixtures
--------

Tier 1

Futbolmetrix - Werner Pichler
Austria Wien - Flyeralarm Admira Wacker
Rapid Wien II - Wacker

ixion martin - Mark
LASK - Wolfsberg
Horn - Amstetten

Tier 2

milivella - Jesus Petry
Austria Wien - Flyeralarm Admira Wacker
Rapid Wien II - Wacker

The Doctor - Jackson
LASK - Wolfsberg
Horn - Amstetten

Tier 3

Lassie - Homer Simpson
Austria Wien - Flyeralarm Admira Wacker
Rapid Wien II - Wacker

Jesper Lauridsen - MH
LASK - Wolfsberg
Horn - Amstetten

The Doctor

Oct 10, 2021, 8:22:57 AM10/10/21
In article <1b9a8525-16bb-4b8d...@googlegroups.com>,
All right. A chance for promotion

LASK

Amstetten

>Tier 3
>
>Lassie - Homer Simpson
> Austria Wien - Flyeralarm Admira Wacker
> Rapid Wien II - Wacker
>
>Jesper Lauridsen - MH
> LASK - Wolfsberg
> Horn - Amstetten

Alberta on 18 Oct vote no to the referenda and stop the UCP/CPC and NDP municipally! Beware https://mindspring.com

MH

Oct 10, 2021, 1:10:54 PM10/10/21
On 2021-10-10 05:08, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> Nobody will accuse the fair and benevolent gamemaster to doctor the league picks to make it difficult on his direct opponent. It's all Austria, baby!
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6-P3pFhmQI
> (yeah, yeah, I know: Austrians despise the movie and this song in particular...)

Hard to believe Christopher Plummer (RIP) was only 35 when that film
came out - he seemed older. His understudy for Henry V at Stratford
(Small Canadian town with major theatre festival), William Shatner, is
still going strong, and apparently planning to go into space....... ?
So Lassie does not get to choose Wolfsberg yet again. I am going to
report the gamesmaster to the RSPCA.

Werner Pichler

Oct 10, 2021, 4:58:13 PM10/10/21
On Sunday, October 10, 2021 at 1:08:48 PM UTC+2, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> Nobody will accuse the fair and benevolent gamemaster to doctor the league picks to make it difficult on his direct opponent. It's all Austria, baby!

So the pressure's fully on me. Wouldn't have expected anything less.

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6-P3pFhmQI
> (yeah, yeah, I know: Austrians despise the movie and this song in particular...)

It's actually not a bad movie and not viewed as such here. We're just a bit bemused by its undying popularity (while cashing
in on it). And by how Christopher Plummer and his family after finishing that song managed to hike from Salzburg across
the border to Switzerland.

> PS: Google right now thinks that all matches will be played no earlier that Saturday, but keep an eye on changes in schedule.

I don't know where Google gets its data from, but LASK-WAC is going to be played on Sunday afternoon.
Lassie sure is valiant ('wacker') so she has to go for those two.
The heraldic panther in Admira's logo is just the icing on the cake.

Ciao,
Werner

Futbolmetrix

Oct 10, 2021, 9:06:24 PM10/10/21
On Sunday, October 10, 2021 at 7:08:48 AM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:

> Fixtures
> --------
>
> Tier 1
>
> Futbolmetrix - Werner Pichler
> Austria Wien - Flyeralarm Admira Wacker
> Rapid Wien II - Wacker

Let's make the decision easy for Werner:

1. Austria Wien
2. Wacker

Werner Pichler

Oct 10, 2021, 10:36:05 PM10/10/21
On Sunday, October 10, 2021 at 10:58:13 PM UTC+2, Werner Pichler wrote:
> On Sunday, October 10, 2021 at 1:08:48 PM UTC+2, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> >
> > PS: Google right now thinks that all matches will be played no earlier that Saturday, but keep an eye on changes in schedule.
>
> I don't know where Google gets its data from, but LASK-WAC is going to be played on Sunday afternoon.

Oh sorry, I misread - 'no earlier than', not 'no later than'.

Well, in that case Google's right.

Ciao,
Werner

Werner Pichler

Oct 10, 2021, 10:41:58 PM10/10/21
Damnit. Wacker Innsbruck have just fired their coach (former 1860 Munich player and manager Daniel Bierofka),
so are certain to get a new manager bounce. I also don't trust Admira to get a result away to even an Austria
Vienna in crisis. Still, against Daniele I have to go with Andi Herzog's team.

FC Flyeralarm Admira Wacker Mödling.

A draw is enough?

Ciao,
Werner

Futbolmetrix

Oct 11, 2021, 7:34:56 AM10/11/21
On Sunday, October 10, 2021 at 10:41:58 PM UTC-4, Werner Pichler wrote:

> Damnit. Wacker Innsbruck have just fired their coach (former 1860 Munich player and manager Daniel Bierofka),
> so are certain to get a new manager bounce. I also don't trust Admira to get a result away to even an Austria
> Vienna in crisis.

See, that is what local knowledge is for.

> Still, against Daniele I have to go with Andi Herzog's team.

Aaargh, I wasn't aware of Andi Herzog!... Congratulations on the Season 48 title

Jesper Lauridsen

Oct 11, 2021, 3:42:45 PM10/11/21
On 2021-10-10, Futbolmetrix <daniele....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Jesper Lauridsen - MH
> LASK - Wolfsberg
> Horn - Amstetten

Yet another season with a promotion chance on md 6. Yet another
disappointment to come.

When in doubt, Homer:

LASK
Horn

ixion martin - GdBx

Oct 11, 2021, 7:08:16 PM10/11/21
Dans son message précédent, Futbolmetrix a écrit :

> ixion martin - Mark
> LASK - Wolfsberg
> Horn - Amstetten

Horn & LASK.

--
Ixion
La VAR est une technologie qui a été mise

Mark

Oct 12, 2021, 7:15:43 AM10/12/21
Wolfsberg

milivella

Oct 12, 2021, 6:20:07 PM10/12/21
Futbolmetrix:

> milivella - Jesus Petry
> Austria Wien - Flyeralarm Admira Wacker
> Rapid Wien II - Wacker

I should roll a die... Anyway, my vast and precise knowledge of the
Austrian pyramid tells me to pick:
1. Austria Wien
2. Rapid Wien II
(i.e. when in doubt, go Homer?)

May the less polite player win!

--
Cheers
miivella

MH

Oct 13, 2021, 2:49:58 PM10/13/21
Wolfsberg

Jesus Petry

Oct 13, 2021, 3:10:56 PM10/13/21
Em terça-feira, 12 de outubro de 2021 às 19:20:07 UTC-3, milivella escreveu:
> Futbolmetrix:
> > milivella - Jesus Petry
> > Austria Wien - Flyeralarm Admira Wacker
> > Rapid Wien II - Wacker
> I should roll a die... Anyway, my vast and precise knowledge of the
> Austrian pyramid tells me to pick:
> 1. Austria Wien
> 2. Rapid Wien II
> (i.e. when in doubt, go Homer?)

Wacker Innsbruck.

Tchau!
Jesus Petry

Jackson

Oct 13, 2021, 6:09:16 PM10/13/21
Horn

Futbolmetrix

Oct 15, 2021, 7:01:08 AM10/15/21
On Sunday, October 10, 2021 at 4:58:13 PM UTC-4, Werner Pichler wrote:

> > Lassie - Homer Simpson
> > Austria Wien - Flyeralarm Admira Wacker
> > Rapid Wien II - Wacker
> Lassie sure is valiant ('wacker') so she has to go for those two.
> The heraldic panther in Admira's logo is just the icing on the cake.

Very nice of Lassie to leave Homer the two home teams. He picks Austria Vienna.

Futbolmetrix

Oct 16, 2021, 12:12:49 PM10/16/21
Tiers 1 and 3 went with the top league matches, Tier 2 with the II. Bundesliga. Away wins for Amstetten and Wacker Innsbruck means that Jesus returns to Tier 1, while milivella drops to Tier 3 (bwahahaha!)

In the key matchup for the title, it's 1-1 in the 51st minute. Flyeralarm took the lead early, but the Viennese equalized just 5 minutes later. Come on you Violets! Channel the spirit of Sindelar, Prohaska, Schachner and Polster!

Futbolmetrix

Oct 16, 2021, 12:37:28 PM10/16/21
Noah Ohio scores for Austria, but some guy with a ridiculously long name equalizes again. 2-2, 11 minutes to go.

Futbolmetrix

Oct 16, 2021, 12:43:08 PM10/16/21
On Saturday, October 16, 2021 at 12:37:28 PM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:

> Noah Ohio scores for Austria, but some guy with a ridiculously long name equalizes again. 2-2, 11 minutes to go.

84' still 2-2. Not going to happen, congrats Werner.

Futbolmetrix

Oct 16, 2021, 1:04:41 PM10/16/21

Futbolmetrix

Oct 16, 2021, 1:06:02 PM10/16/21
On Saturday, October 16, 2021 at 12:43:08 PM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:
FT: 2-2.

Werner takes the UPT title by the slimmest of margins. Stupid Weaufx Gods don't follow the Austrian Bundesliga?

Futbolmetrix

Oct 16, 2021, 1:25:46 PM10/16/21
Also, miserable season for Lassie who not only never gets to pick Wolfsberg, but also finishes with the wooden spoon,

Jackson

Oct 16, 2021, 6:16:09 PM10/16/21
On Saturday, October 16, 2021 at 12:12:49 PM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> Tiers 1 and 3 went with the top league matches, Tier 2 with the II. Bundesliga. Away wins for Amstetten and Wacker Innsbruck means that Jesus returns to Tier 1, while milivella drops to Tier 3 (bwahahaha!)

Buh-bye!

ixion martin - GdBx

Oct 17, 2021, 4:44:23 PM10/17/21
ixion martin - GdBx vient de nous annoncer :
> Dans son message précédent, Futbolmetrix a écrit :
>
>> ixion martin - Mark
>> LASK - Wolfsberg
>> Horn - Amstetten
>
> Horn & LASK.

Good choices :-(

Futbolmetrix

Oct 17, 2021, 6:07:59 PM10/17/21
On Sunday, October 10, 2021 at 7:08:48 AM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:

We have a new UPT Champion (for the first time? I can't seem to find the UPT Hall Of Fame). Also some familiar faces showing up in Tiers 1, 2 and 3.

Tier 1
----
Futbolmetrix 2 - 2 Werner Pichler (Austria Wien - Flyeralarm Admira Wacker)
ixion martin 0 - 1 Mark (LASK - Wolfsberg)

Pts M GF GA GD Picks Team
9 6 11 6 5 6 Werner Pichler
9 6 15 11 4 5 Futbolmetrix
9 6 9 11 -2 6 Mark
5 6 5 12 -7 6 ixion martin

Mark stays up, ixion falls to Tier 2. I get to choose the league next. I hadn't realized that Mark could still have won the whole thing, even though he would have needed a historical goalfest to pip one of us to the top two places.

Tier 2
----
milivella 0 - 3 Jesus Petry (Rapid Wien II - Wacker)
The Doctor 3 - 0 Jackson (Amstetten - Horn)

Pts M GF GA GD Picks Team
12 6 12 7 5 6 Jesus Petry
8 6 12 7 5 5 The Doctor
8 6 5 7 -2 6 Jackson
5 6 5 13 -8 6 milivella

Jesus returns to Tier 1, milivella drops to Tier 3. Ah well, not a terrible UPT season after all.

Tier 3
----
Lassie 2 - 2 Homer Simpson (Flyeralarm Admira Wacker - Austria Wien)
Jesper Lauridsen 0 - 1 MH (LASK - Wolfsberg)

Pts M GF GA GD Picks Team
13 6 9 2 7 6 MH
8 6 10 7 3 5 Jesper Lauridsen
7 6 8 10 -2 6 Homer Simpson
5 6 7 15 -8 6 Lassie

MH climbs back to Tier 2. Lassie hopes for a more animal-friendly league next round.

The Doctor

Oct 17, 2021, 7:39:48 PM10/17/21
In article <50b8f924-56af-4d62...@googlegroups.com>,
Still waiting for the big return myslef.

>Tier 3
>----
> Lassie 2 - 2 Homer Simpson (Flyeralarm Admira Wacker - Austria Wien)
> Jesper Lauridsen 0 - 1 MH (LASK - Wolfsberg)
>

> Pts M GF GA GD Picks Team
> 13 6 9 2 7 6 MH
> 8 6 10 7 3 5 Jesper Lauridsen
> 7 6 8 10 -2 6 Homer Simpson
> 5 6 7 15 -8 6 Lassie
>

>MH climbs back to Tier 2. Lassie hopes for a more animal-friendly league
>next round.

Werner Pichler

Oct 18, 2021, 3:06:55 AM10/18/21
On Monday, October 18, 2021 at 12:07:59 AM UTC+2, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> On Sunday, October 10, 2021 at 7:08:48 AM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:
>
> We have a new UPT Champion (for the first time? I can't seem to find the UPT Hall Of Fame).

I believe I won once before (in close to 50 seasons...). Hurray to home advantage!

Andi Herzog to the rescue once again, by all accounts Admira's late equaliser came out of nowhere.

Ciao,
Werner

milivella

Oct 21, 2021, 2:51:13 PM10/21/21
Futbolmetrix:

> Away wins for Amstetten and Wacker Innsbruck means that Jesus returns to Tier 1, while milivella drops to Tier 3 (bwahahaha!)

The Impartial Game Master...

--
Cheers
milivella

milivella

Oct 21, 2021, 2:52:36 PM10/21/21
> Werner takes the UPT title by the slimmest of margins.

Congratulations to the well deserved winner!

--
Cheers
milivella

milivella

Oct 21, 2021, 2:53:39 PM10/21/21
Jackson:

> On Saturday, October 16, 2021 at 12:12:49 PM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:
>> Tiers 1 and 3 went with the top league matches, Tier 2 with the II. Bundesliga. Away wins for Amstetten and Wacker Innsbruck means that Jesus returns to Tier 1, while milivella drops to Tier 3 (bwahahaha!)
>
> Buh-bye!

I'll. Be. Back!

milivella

Oct 21, 2021, 2:56:17 PM10/21/21
Futbolmetrix:

> On Sunday, October 10, 2021 at 7:08:48 AM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:
>
> We have a new UPT Champion (for the first time? I can't seem to find the UPT Hall Of Fame).

It's upt_history.txt in our shared folder.

> Also some familiar faces showing up in Tiers 1, 2 and 3.

I see what you did there.

> Jesus returns to Tier 1, milivella drops to Tier 3. Ah well, not a terrible UPT season after all.

This one was less subtle...

--
Cheers
milivella

Futbolmetrix

Oct 21, 2021, 6:27:17 PM10/21/21
On Thursday, October 21, 2021 at 2:56:17 PM UTC-4, milivella wrote:
> It's upt_history.txt in our shared folder.

It was not up to date. Also, you had to dig really deep to find the list of winners and the Hall of Fame. Even though I appreciate the fact that you stopped updating the file after the Season 40 Cup final, which obviously never took place.

Here is the updated Hall of Fame.

Sn Leagues League (Runner-up) Cup (Runner-up)
1 El Kot (Binder) - (-)
2 El Kot (Abubakr) - (-)
3 El Kot (Mark) - (-)
4 Mark (El Kot) - (-)
5 MH (Jesus) - (-)
6 MH (Jesus) - (-)
7 Clement (Jesus) - (-)
8 Scrutineer (MH) - (-)
9 Scrutineer (Betty) - (-)
10 Betty (Scrutineer) - (-)
11 Mark (Diabolik) - (-)
12 Diabolik (Mark) - (-)
13 Betty (Diabolik) - (-)
14 Jesus (Abubakr) - (-)
15 AUS,AUT Jesus (MH) - (-)
16 SCO,BEL Mark (Diabolik) - (-)
17 GER Diabolik (Mark) - (-)
18 ARG Jesus (Mark) - (-)
19 URU Jesus (Homer) - (-)
20 USA Homer (Jesus) - (-)
21 UKR Mark (Jesus) Werner (MH)
22 SCO Mark (Jesus) Diabolik (Betty)
23 DEN Mark (MH) Lleo (Betty)
24 SUI,RUS Mark (Doctor) Point (Jesus)
25 Mark (MH) Abubakr (Lleo)
26 GER,FRA Doctor (Mark) Ramstone (El Kot)
27 ARG MH (Doctor) Homer (Betty)
28 ENG,BRA MH (Betty) Ramstone (Doctor)
29 ENG Mark (MH) Doctor (Ned)
30 FRA,RUS Mark (Jesus) albertovella (Ramstone)
31 RUS MH (Jesus) Ramstone (Werner)
32 POR Abubakr (Jesus) El Kot (milivella)
33 FRA Jesus (Doctor) El Kot (MH)
34 Futbolmetrix (Ramstone) milivella (Randy)
35 milivella (Futbolmetrix) Mark (Doctor)
36 ENG2 Betty (milivella) Doctor (Jesus)
37 ARG Betty (Futbolmetrix) MH (Doctor)
38 ISR Futbolmetrix (Betty) Werner (Futbolmetrix)
39 ENG Betty (Futbolmetrix) MH (El Kot)
40 ITA2 milivella (Betty) milivella (Futbolmetrix)
41 ITA milivella (Jesus) MH (The Doctor)
42 BRA Werner (milivella) milivella (Mark)
43 ITA2 Mark (Futbolmetrix) Doctor (Werner)
44 POL Werner (Doctor) Jesus (MH)
45 Futbolmetrix (Lassie) Jesper (ixion martin)
46 PAR Futbolmetrix (Werner Pichler) Lassie (The Doctor)
47 JPN, BRA2 Futbolmetrix (Werner Pichler) ixion martin (Futbolmetrix)
48 AUT Werner (Futbolmetrix)

Number of leagues:
--------------------------------
Mark 11
Jesus 5
MH 5
Betty 5
Futbolmetrix 5
Werner 3
milivella 3
El Kot 3
Scrutineer 2
Diabolik 2
Abubakr 1
Clement 1
Doctor 1
Homer 1

Werner and I have finished 1-2 in the last three seasons, and we have won 6 of the last 7 editions of UPT. Quality rises to the top.

Number of Cups
--------------------------
MH 3
milivella 3
Doctor 3
Ramstone 3
Werner 2
El Kot 2
Point 1
Mark 1
Lleo 1
Homer 1
Diabolik 1
Abubakr 1
Lassie 1
albertovella 1
ixion martin 1
Jesper 1
Jesus 1

Cups are an unpredictable affair, and they don't reflect the true quality of UPT players. At least of some UPT players.