CONCACAF NAtions' League [R]

瀏覽次數:27 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

MH

未讀,
2023年3月29日 下午1:24:322023/3/29
收件者:
I have not seen any comments on this yet, but the group stage is now
over. Group winners were not exactly unexpected, with the USA, Panama,
Canada, and Mexico topping their 3 team groups. They are seeded in that
order for the semifinals, which means there will not be a Mexico USA
final in Vegas. None of the group winners got maximum points (Panama
and USA with one draw, Canada a loss, Mexico 2 draws vs. Jamaica)

I watched Curacao - Canada (0-2) on Saturday. It epitomized a lot of
what is wrong with CONCACAF. Dull match on a terrible artificial pitch,
played in excessive heat. Refereeing inconsistent and far too much
chippiness. Comfortable win for Canada who did not play well. Goals
from Larin and David, who are in good form for their clubs. Larin's
goals might save Valladolid from relegation - not sure why Bruges let
him go. Miller was injured, and Johnston did not play, so the back 3
looked a bit shaky with a rusty Kennedy and Cornelius inserted. Koné
has become a fixture, which is good, and Herdman did switch things
around to give some players a needed rest. Buchanan (supposedly
injured) and Atiba got some sub minutes, as did Brym and Adekugbe.

I missed yesterday's home game (BMO field in Toronto) vs. Honduras (we
had lost the away game), but it seems it was fairly comfortable, 4-1
final, Honduras only scoring when it was 3-0. Goals from Larin (2),
David, and Osorio. Johnston and Buchanan played from the start. First
cap for defender Kyle Hiebert.
Larin missed a pen.

Anyway, a decent enough window for Canada - mission of reaching the
finals accomplished, and Herdman kept the minutes of a lot of players
down and got some much needed playing time in for rusty MLS players.

Relegated from league A: Nobody due to a format change. League A will
have 16 teams and an alleged Swiss system format.

Promoted from League B: Cuba, Haiti, Guatemala and Nicaragua.

Missing out narrowly: Trinidad and Tobago, French Guiana.

Michael Falkner

未讀,
2023年3月30日 凌晨1:08:012023/3/30
收件者:
On Wednesday, March 29, 2023 at 10:24:32 AM UTC-7, MH wrote:
> I have not seen any comments on this yet, but the group stage is now
> over. Group winners were not exactly unexpected, with the USA, Panama,
> Canada, and Mexico topping their 3 team groups. They are seeded in that
> order for the semifinals, which means there will not be a Mexico USA
> final in Vegas. None of the group winners got maximum points (Panama
> and USA with one draw, Canada a loss, Mexico 2 draws vs. Jamaica)

Doesn't surprise me with the USA: Draw was at El Salvador, and anyone who watched the Hex knows those Central American road qualifiers could be murder.

Semis in Vegas in July -- against Mexico.

Mike

MH

未讀,
2023年3月30日 下午1:26:422023/3/30
收件者:
For sure.

Anyway, 50 % change in the identify of the 4 semifinalists since last
time, with Canada and Panama replacing Honduras and Costa Rica.
0 則新訊息