INTELLECTUALS' QUOTES ABOUT AMERICA and DUMB PROPAGANDIZED UNEDUCABLE AMERICAN PUBLIC

1 view

FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer

May 9, 2022, 4:48:46 PM5/9/22

PART 11:
========

INTELLECTUALS' QUOTES ABOUT AMERICA and DUMB PROPAGANDIZED UNEDUCABLE
AMERICAN PUBLIC

“No matter how paranoid and conspiracy-minded you are, what the US
government is actually doing is worse than you can imagine.”

William Blum

“Americans are the best entertained and the least informed people in the
world.”

-Neil Postman

“Media manipulation in the U.S. today is more efficient than it was in
Nazi Germany, because here we have the pretense that we are getting all
the information we want. That misconception prevents people from even
looking for the truth.”

Mark Crispin Miller

“The men American people admire most extravagantly are the most daring
liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try and tell
them the truth.”

-H.L. Mencken

“I know of no country in which there is so little independence of mind
and real freedom of discussion as in America.”

Alexis de Tocqueville

“The corporate grip on opinion in the United States is one of the
wonders of the Western world. No First World country has ever managed to
eliminate so entirely from its media all objectivity – much less dissent.”

Gore Vidal

The enormous gap between what US leaders do in the world and what
Americans think their leaders are doing is one of the great propaganda
accomplishments of the dominant political mythology. ”

Michael Parenti

“Our rulers for more than half a century have made sure that we are
never to be told the truth about anything that our government has done
to other people.”

Gore Vidal

“The major function of secrecy in Washington is to keep the U.S. people
…from knowing what the nation’s leaders are doing. ”

John Stockwell, former CIA official and author

"If they do it, it’s terrorism, if we do it, it’s fighting for freedom. ”

A U.S. Ambassador in Central America in the 1980s, asked to explain how
such U.S. actions as the mining of Nicaragua’s harbors and bombing of
airports differed from the acts of terrorism that the U.S. condemned
around the world

Throughout the world, on any given day, a man, woman or child is likely
to be displaced, tortured, killed or “disappeared”, at the hands of
governments or armed political groups. More often than not, the United
States shares the blame.”

Amnesty International, in its annual report on U.S. military aid and
human rights

Look, if you think "any American official" is going to tell you the
truth, then you’re stupid. Did you hear that? – stupid.”

Arthur Sylvester, Assistant Secretary of Defense for Public Affairs, 1965