Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 50 Cup Semifinals

Futbolmetrix

May 8, 2022, 6:33:18 PM5/8/22
What to do
-----------

Look at the fixtures below: do you play home or away? In any case:
remember that it's single-leg, and a draw qualifies the team with the X
on its side.

*Home*
- Before Wednesday 2022-05-11, 11:59 GMT
- Pick one team from each of the two matches, in order of preference

*Away*
- After Wednesday (or even sooner, if the home player has picked his
teams) and before kickoff of the first match
- Pick one of the teams not picked by your opponent (if he hasn't picked
any team, you have free choice)
- Their opponents will represent your opponent

(If the away player doesn't pick any team before his deadline, the home
player will be represented by his preferred team. If nobody picks a
team, teams are assigned randomly.)

Semifinals
-----------------
The Doctor - Werner Pichler
Aston Villa 1 - Crystal Palace X2
Atlético Madrid 1 - Sevilla X2

Homer Simpson - MH
Everton 1 - Brentford X2
Udinese 1 - Spezia X2

Repechage:
--------------------
RR1: Jesus Petry - ixion martin
Newcastle 1X - Arsenal 2
St. Étienne 1 - Reims X2

RR2: Jesper Lauridsen - Mark
Espanyol 1 - Valencia X2
Nice 1 - LOSC Lille X2

RR3: Futbolmetrix - milivella
West Ham 1 - Manchester City X2
Montpellier 1 - Paris St. Germain X2

Futbolmetrix

May 8, 2022, 7:19:18 PM5/8/22
On Sunday, May 8, 2022 at 6:33:18 PM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> Homer Simpson - MH
> Everton 1 - Brentford X2
> Udinese 1 - Spezia X2

Homer picks:
1. Udinese
2. Everton

Futbolmetrix

May 8, 2022, 7:20:34 PM5/8/22
On Sunday, May 8, 2022 at 6:33:18 PM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:

> RR3: Futbolmetrix - milivella
> West Ham 1 - Manchester City X2
> Montpellier 1 - Paris St. Germain X2

Here is where I would typically announce the "real" fixtures, but why? Maybe I'll stick with these?
1. Manchester City
2. Paris St. Germain

The Doctor

May 8, 2022, 7:39:18 PM5/8/22
In article <1ef64716-b7b4-4fc6...@googlegroups.com>,
Futbolmetrix <daniele....@gmail.com> wrote:
>What to do
>-----------
>
>Look at the fixtures below: do you play home or away? In any case:
>remember that it's single-leg, and a draw qualifies the team with the X
>on its side.
>
>*Home*
>- Before Wednesday 2022-05-11, 11:59 GMT
>- Pick one team from each of the two matches, in order of preference
>
>*Away*
>- After Wednesday (or even sooner, if the home player has picked his
>teams) and before kickoff of the first match
>- Pick one of the teams not picked by your opponent (if he hasn't picked
>any team, you have free choice)
>- Their opponents will represent your opponent
>
>(If the away player doesn't pick any team before his deadline, the home
>player will be represented by his preferred team. If nobody picks a
>team, teams are assigned randomly.)
>

>Semifinals
>-----------------
>The Doctor - Werner Pichler
>Aston Villa 1 - Crystal Palace X2
>Atlético Madrid 1 - Sevilla X2

Crystal and Madrid!

>Homer Simpson - MH
>Everton 1 - Brentford X2
>Udinese 1 - Spezia X2
>

>Repechage:
>--------------------
>RR1: Jesus Petry - ixion martin
>Newcastle 1X - Arsenal 2
>St. Étienne 1 - Reims X2
>
>RR2: Jesper Lauridsen - Mark
>Espanyol 1 - Valencia X2
>Nice 1 - LOSC Lille X2
>
>RR3: Futbolmetrix - milivella
>West Ham 1 - Manchester City X2
>Montpellier 1 - Paris St. Germain X2

Ontario, stop the madness and on 2 June vote Liberal! Beware https://mindspring.com

milivella

May 8, 2022, 9:06:30 PM5/8/22
Futbolmetrix:
As you Italians say, the joke is good when it is short...

--
Cheers
milivella

Futbolmetrix

May 8, 2022, 11:44:17 PM5/8/22
But think of the possibilities: you pick the underdog and then they go on to win! It would give you unlimited bragging rights...it's a win-win situation for you.

In fact, it's such a lose-lose situation for me that I'll revert to the proper fixtures

RR3: Futbolmetrix - milivella
Milan 1 - Atalanta X2
Rennes 1 - Marseille X2

I pick:
1. Marseille
2. Milan

Werner Pichler

May 8, 2022, 11:52:38 PM5/8/22
Sevilla

Ciao,
Werner

MH

May 9, 2022, 12:22:11 PM5/9/22
Spezia.

Jesus Petry

May 9, 2022, 3:18:03 PM5/9/22
Saint Étienne and Newcastle.

Tchau!
Jesus Petry

ixion martin - GdBx

May 10, 2022, 5:42:14 PM5/10/22
Jesus Petry vient de nous annoncer :
> Em domingo, 8 de maio de 2022 às 19:33:18 UTC-3, Futbolmetrix
> escreveu:

>> Repechage:
>> --------------------
>> RR1: Jesus Petry - ixion martin
>> Newcastle 1X - Arsenal 2
>> St. Étienne 1 - Reims X2
>
> Saint Étienne and Newcastle.

Reims.

--
Ixion

Jesper Lauridsen

May 11, 2022, 6:56:09 AM5/11/22
On 2022-05-08, Futbolmetrix <daniele....@gmail.com> wrote:

> *Home*
> - Before Wednesday 2022-05-11, 11:59 GMT

What kind of deadline is that?

> RR2: Jesper Lauridsen - Mark
> Espanyol 1 - Valencia X2
> Nice 1 - LOSC Lille X2

1. Nice
2. Valencia

Mark

May 11, 2022, 3:01:29 PM5/11/22
On Wednesday, May 11, 2022 at 11:56:09 AM UTC+1, Jesper Lauridsen wrote:
> On 2022-05-08, Futbolmetrix <> wrote:
> >
> > *Home*
> > - Before Wednesday 2022-05-11, 11:59 GMT
> What kind of deadline is that?
> > RR2: Jesper Lauridsen - Mark
> > Espanyol 1 - Valencia X2
> > Nice 1 - LOSC Lille X2
> 1. Nice
> 2. Valencia

Yeah I'd have gone for those 2, probably in the same order.
I'll go for Espanyol then.

milivella

May 11, 2022, 3:37:15 PM5/11/22
Futbolmetrix:

> But think of the possibilities: you pick the underdog and then they go on to win! It would give you unlimited bragging rights...it's a win-win situation for you.
>
> In fact, it's such a lose-lose situation for me that I'll revert to the proper fixtures

:)

> RR3: Futbolmetrix - milivella
> Milan 1 - Atalanta X2
> Rennes 1 - Marseille X2
>
> I pick:
> 1. Marseille
> 2. Milan

I pick Rennes.

May the most unsophisticated player win.

--
Cheers
milivella

Futbolmetrix

May 15, 2022, 4:06:13 PM5/15/22
On Sunday, May 8, 2022 at 6:33:18 PM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:

Semifinal results:

Semifinals
The Doctor 1 - 1 Werner Pichler (Atlético Madrid 1-Sevilla X2)
Homer Simpson 2 - 3 MH (Udinese 1-Spezia X2)

Late equalizer by Sevilla gives Werner the chance to go for the League+Cup double.

Repechage
Jesus Petry 1 - 2 ixion martin (St. Étienne 1-Reims X2)
Jesper Lauridsen 1 - 1 Mark (Valencia X2-Espanyol 1)
Futbolmetrix 0 - 2 milivella (Marseille X2-Rennes 1)

Who cares about the repechage anyway.

Final round schedule:

Final:
-----------
F1: Werner Pichler - MH

3P1: The Doctor - ixion martin
3P2: Homer Simpson - milivella

7P1: Jesper Lauridsen - Futbolmetrix
7P2: Mark - Jesus Petry

The Doctor

May 15, 2022, 7:56:59 PM5/15/22
In article <b5159cbb-48ec-4cc3...@googlegroups.com>,
Futbolmetrix <daniele....@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Sunday, May 8, 2022 at 6:33:18 PM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:
>
>Semifinal results:
>
>Semifinals
>The Doctor 1 - 1 Werner Pichler (Atlético Madrid 1-Sevilla X2)
>Homer Simpson 2 - 3 MH (Udinese 1-Spezia X2)
>
>Late equalizer by Sevilla gives Werner the chance to go for the
>League+Cup double.

Oof!

>Repechage
>Jesus Petry 1 - 2 ixion martin (St. Étienne 1-Reims X2)
>Jesper Lauridsen 1 - 1 Mark (Valencia X2-Espanyol 1)
>Futbolmetrix 0 - 2 milivella (Marseille X2-Rennes 1)
>
>Who cares about the repechage anyway.
>
>Final round schedule:
>
>Final:
>-----------
>F1: Werner Pichler - MH
>
>3P1: The Doctor - ixion martin
>3P2: Homer Simpson - milivella
>
>7P1: Jesper Lauridsen - Futbolmetrix
>7P2: Mark - Jesus Petry

milivella

May 16, 2022, 9:08:43 PM5/16/22
Futbolmetrix:

> Futbolmetrix 0 - 2 milivella (Marseille X2-Rennes 1)
>
> Who cares about the repechage anyway.

I don't disagree. However, it was not about the repechage, and you know
it...