Use-the-NT 2021: Match Day 2

Futbolmetrix

Sep 26, 2021, 11:14:55 AMSep 26
Default lineups the ones that ended MD1, if you don't make any changes:

Armata
DF: Bonucci, Darmian, Acerbi
MF: Locatelli, Lo. Pellegrini, Pessina, Barella, Zaniolo
FW: Petagna, Immobile (c), Kean, Insigne

Beards
DF: Carvajal, Alba, Alonso
MF: Sarabia, Pedri, Fornals, Merino
FW: Olmo, G. Moreno, Morata, Oyarzabal, Ferran Torres

Bungs
DF: Shaw, Alexander-Arnold, Tavernier
MF: Greenwood, Grealish, Foden, Mount, Barnes, Rice
FW: Abraham, Vardy, Kane (C)

Jogo
DF: Marquinhos, Éder Militão, Renan Lodi
MF: Roberto Firmino, Bruno Guimarães, Casemiro, Otávio
FW: David Neres, Neymar (C), Vinícius Júnior, Matheus Cunha, Gabriel Jesus

Midfielders
DF: Philipp Max, Gosens, Danny da Costa
MF: Wirtz, Demirbay, Baku, Reus, Musiala, Öztunali
FW: Kruse (C), Muller, Volland

Peaceniks
DF: Hakimi, Mazraoui, Zeddal
MF: Mahrez, Ziyech, Benrahma, Jahanbakhsh
FW: Zahavi, Salah, En-Nesyri (c), Taremi, Slimani

Tugas
DF: Esgaio, Dias, Guerreiro
MF: Fernandes, Goncalves, B. Silva, Palhinha
FW: Ronaldo ©, Diogo Jota, Nuno Santos, Paciencia, Martins

Vikings
DF: Sviatchenko, Witry, Mensah
MF: Stage, Hammershøj-Mistrati, Gudmundsson, Hedlund
FW: Haaland ©, Wind, Uhre, Karlsson, Isak

Waffles/Windmills
DF: De Vrij, Denayer, Vertonghen
MF: Vanaken, DeJong, De Bruyne, Carrasco
FW: Origi, Depay (C), Lukaku, Weghorst, L. De Jong

Wonderland
DF: Alaba, Akanji, Mwene , Trauner
MF: Sabitzer, Freuler, Shaqiri, Murg
FW: Okafor, Mambimbi, Ndoye ©, Kara

HASM

Sep 26, 2021, 7:00:19 PMSep 26

Tugas for 2012/09/28-30
DF:
Cancelo (Man City)
Vieirinha (PAOK)
Tiago Djaló (LOSC)
MF:
Bruno Fernandes (Man Utd)
André Horta (Braga)
Bernardo Silva (Man City)
Bernardo Silva (Feyenoord)
FW:
Ronaldo © (Man Utd)
Diogo Jota (Liverpool)
Jota (Celtic)
Paulinho (Sporting)
Rafael Leão (Milan)

-- HASM

Futbolmetrix

Sep 26, 2021, 11:17:06 PMSep 26
Got it, thanks. Don't love all the homonyms, though..

Some interesting choices for the Armata and Peaceniks. Juve is a bit of a mess and is facing the toughest defense in Europe. Worth investing in them?
Then again, Bonucci looks to be on penalties.... Lazio and Napoli with a couple of home matchups, while Roma is away in Luhansk.
Rafel Toloi is eligible for the Armata and scored on the weekend. Also on the scoresheet on the weekend Insigne, and Daniel Maldini (son of, grandson of). DiMarco
missed a late penalty for Inter, but I don't expect him to start.

Armata:

DF: Bonucci, Mancini, Zappacosta
MF: Darmian, Barella, Lo. Pellegrini, Zaccagni, Chiesa, Zaniolo
FW: Insigne, El Shaarawy, Immobile (c)

Peaceniks:
El-Arabi in for the suspended En-Nesyri, and OK, I'll make Salah captain. Plus some other changes:

DF: Hakimi, Mazraoui, Zeddal
MF: Mahrez, Benrahma, D. Biton, Ben Slimane
FW: Zahavi, Salah (c), El-Arabi, Taremi, Slimani

HASM

Sep 26, 2021, 11:43:18 PMSep 26
Futbolmetrix <daniele....@gmail.com> writes:

HASM> Bernardo Silva (Man City)
HASM> Bernardo Silva (Feyenoord)
HASM> Diogo Jota (Liverpool)
HASM> Jota (Celtic)

> Don't love all the homonyms, though..

I take these rss prediction games lightly, this is probably the only one
I've ever submitted an entry for.

I confess that I chose the homonyms on purpose, after you shortened all
Tuga's names when reporting last round's results :-)

It worked this week, as after all the usual suspects, and there are
fewer to chose from this year, I could pick reasonable choices from
teams playing at home.

-- HASM

Jesper Lauridsen

Sep 27, 2021, 3:47:58 PMSep 27
Midfielders
DF: Philipp Max, Gosens, Danny da Costa
MF: Wirtz, Götze, Baku, Havertz, Sane, Musiala
FW: Kruse (C), Adeyemi, Voglsammer

Given the opposition, maybe I should load up on Bayern players?

Vikings
DF: Bah, Ryerson, Jesper Lauridsen
MF: Tronstad, Stage, Lerager, Pellegrinosen
FW: Wind, Haaland (C), Karlsson, Isak, Solbakken

Haaland is doubtful, which is a disaster. FCK are playing the Red
Imps, but might be resting stars. Last week should have taught them
not to do that (bwahahaha).

Futbolmetrix

Sep 27, 2021, 10:02:46 PMSep 27
On Sunday, September 26, 2021 at 11:17:06 PM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:

> Armata:
>
> DF: Bonucci, Mancini, Zappacosta
> MF: Darmian, Barella, Lo. Pellegrini, Zaccagni, Chiesa, Zaniolo
> FW: Insigne, El Shaarawy, Immobile (c)

How did Darmian sneak in there? Replace with Pessina.

DF: Bonucci, Mancini, Zappacosta
MF: Pessina, Barella, Lo. Pellegrini, Zaccagni, Chiesa, Zaniolo

MH

Sep 28, 2021, 12:58:23 PMSep 28
On 2021-09-26 09:14, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> Default lineups the ones that ended MD1, if you don't make any changes:
>
> Armata
> DF: Bonucci, Darmian, Acerbi
> MF: Locatelli, Lo. Pellegrini, Pessina, Barella, Zaniolo
> FW: Petagna, Immobile (c), Kean, Insigne
>

> Beards
> DF: Carvajal, Alba, Alonso
> MF: Sarabia, Pedri, Fornals, Merino
> FW: Olmo, G. Moreno, Morata, Oyarzabal, Ferran Torres

Expect big changes before the second set of matches starts. Going to
fire a lot of these guys..... maybe. Same for windmills (Origi ? what
was I thinking. Did get an assist though)

Futbolmetrix

Sep 28, 2021, 1:34:34 PMSep 28
On Tuesday, September 28, 2021 at 12:58:23 PM UTC-4, MH wrote:
> On 2021-09-26 09:14, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> Expect big changes before the second set of matches starts. Going to
> fire a lot of these guys..... maybe. Same for windmills (Origi ? what
> was I thinking. Did get an assist though)

Too late already? Berghuis with the first left-out goal of the day for Ajax and the Windmills

Werner Pichler

Sep 28, 2021, 2:05:55 PMSep 28
Beşiktaş are depleted by injuries and COVID (eleven players out) and have to play with a
couple of under 21's. That's an easy win for Ajax.

Ciao,
Werner

MH

Sep 28, 2021, 2:09:04 PMSep 28
I was seriously thinking about putting Berghuis in, but thought "better"
of it. Also I had forgotten Batshuayi, who has replaced canuck Larin
today (no Atiba either - I hope they are not seriously injured)

Jesper Lauridsen

Sep 28, 2021, 2:12:02 PMSep 28
On 2021-09-27, Jesper Lauridsen <rors...@sorrystofanet.dk> wrote:
> Midfielders
> DF: Philipp Max, Gosens, Danny da Costa
> MF: Wirtz, Götze, Baku, Havertz, Sane, Musiala
> FW: Kruse (C), Adeyemi, Voglsammer
>
> Given the opposition, maybe I should load up on Bayern players?

Havertz out, Reus in.

> Vikings
> DF: Bah, Ryerson, Jesper Lauridsen
> MF: Tronstad, Stage, Lerager, Pellegrinosen
> FW: Wind, Haaland (C), Karlsson, Isak, Solbakken
>
> Haaland is doubtful, which is a disaster. FCK are playing the Red
> Imps, but might be resting stars. Last week should have taught them
> not to do that (bwahahaha).

Worst fears are confirmed. Haaland out, Yussuf Poulsen in. Wind captain,

Jesper Lauridsen

Sep 28, 2021, 2:13:21 PMSep 28
On 2021-09-28, MH <MHno...@ucalgary.ca> wrote:

> Expect big changes before the second set of matches starts. Going to
> fire a lot of these guys..... maybe. Same for windmills (Origi ? what
> was I thinking. Did get an assist though)

Windmills should take a look at Kevin Diks.

Werner Pichler

Sep 28, 2021, 2:17:04 PMSep 28
On Sunday, September 26, 2021 at 5:14:55 PM UTC+2, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> Default lineups the ones that ended MD1, if you don't make any changes:
>
> Armata
> DF: Bonucci, Darmian, Acerbi
> MF: Locatelli, Lo. Pellegrini, Pessina, Barella, Zaniolo
> FW: Petagna, Immobile (c), Kean, Insigne
>

> Beards
> DF: Carvajal, Alba, Alonso
> MF: Sarabia, Pedri, Fornals, Merino
> FW: Olmo, G. Moreno, Morata, Oyarzabal, Ferran Torres
>
> Bungs
> DF: Shaw, Alexander-Arnold, Tavernier
> MF: Greenwood, Grealish, Foden, Mount, Barnes, Rice
> FW: Abraham, Vardy, Kane (C)

TAA out, Trippier in
Foden out, Sterling in
Greenwood out, Bellingham in
Mount out, Madueke in

DF: Trippier, Shaw, Tavernier
MF: Bellingham, Grealish, Madueke, Barnes, Rice
FW: Sterling, Abraham, Vardy, Kane©

> Wonderland
> DF: Alaba, Akanji, Mwene, Trauner
> MF: Sabitzer, Freuler, Shaqiri, Murg
> FW: Okafor, Mambimbi, Ndoye©, Kara

Mwene out, Laimer in

DF: Alaba, Akanji, Trauner
MF: Laimer, Sabitzer, Freuler, Shaqiri, Murg
FW: Okafor, Mambimbi, Ndoye ©, Kara

Ciao,
Werner

MH

Sep 28, 2021, 2:51:07 PMSep 28
On 2021-09-26 09:14, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> Default lineups the ones that ended MD1, if you don't make any changes:
>
> Armata
> DF: Bonucci, Darmian, Acerbi
> MF: Locatelli, Lo. Pellegrini, Pessina, Barella, Zaniolo
> FW: Petagna, Immobile (c), Kean, Insigne
>

> Beards
> DF: Carvajal, Alba, Alonso
> MF: Sarabia, Pedri, Fornals, Merino
> FW: Olmo, G. Moreno, Morata, Oyarzabal, Ferran Torres

Sarabia out, Brahim Diaz in
Pedri out Valverde in
Carvajal out Laporte in
Olmo out. Ansu Fati in
Ferran Torres out, Asensio in
Alba out, Azpilicueta in

Morata captain.
F. De Jong out Saelemakers in.
Origi out D. Malen in
Vertonghen out Meunier in.
Vanaken out T. Hazard in.
Denayer out Van Dijk in.
Lukaku captain.

MH

Sep 28, 2021, 2:52:16 PMSep 28
L. De Jong out E. Hazard in - last change for now

Futbolmetrix

Sep 28, 2021, 2:57:32 PMSep 28
On Tuesday, September 28, 2021 at 2:52:16 PM UTC-4, MH wrote:
> On 2021-09-28 12:51, MH wrote:
> > Pedri out Valverde in

Federico Valverde of Real Madrid? Uruguayan, not eligible for the Beards. Pedri stays in.
Also, PSA: Morata is injured and will be out a couple of weeks.

Futbolmetrix

Sep 28, 2021, 3:23:53 PMSep 28
On Tuesday, September 28, 2021 at 2:57:32 PM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:

> Federico Valverde of Real Madrid? Uruguayan, not eligible for the Beards. Pedri stays in.
> Also, PSA: Morata is injured and will be out a couple of weeks.

First two UtN goals: Captain Salah for the Peaceniks, Rafael Alexandre da Conceicao Leao for the Tugas.

Futbolmetrix

Sep 28, 2021, 3:30:56 PMSep 28
Last-minute left out Waffler Hans Vanaken scores for Bruges.
Also, LOL Real Madrid...

Also, two massive misses by Sterling and Bernardo Mota Veiga de Carvalho e Silva

MH

Sep 28, 2021, 3:33:52 PMSep 28
Thanks. Will adjust tomorrow.

Also Vanaken, of course, scores. Dare I say it ? Use-the-NT sucks.

Jesper Lauridsen

Sep 28, 2021, 3:49:06 PMSep 28
Less than stellar defensive work by Porto.

Malen and Vanaken for the Windmills (missed goal by Rits).

MH

Sep 28, 2021, 3:52:24 PMSep 28
Malen for Dortmund and the Waffles.
Journeyman Rits with another missed goal for Bruges and the Waffles.

Jesper Lauridsen

Sep 28, 2021, 4:50:47 PMSep 28
On Tuesday, 28 September 2021 at 21:52:24 UTC+2, MH wrote:
> Malen for Dortmund and the Waffles.

Plus two goals called off for offside.

Peacenicks running away with it in Porto.

Futbolmetrix

Sep 28, 2021, 5:10:17 PMSep 28
<All we are sayiiiing, is give peace a chaaance>

Does Sebastien Thill (LUX) counts as a missed goal for the Waffles/Windmills?
Also, does UEFA actually correctly think that Firmino is a midfielder?

Standings after the Tuesday matches:

Peaceniks 5 (Salah 2(x2), Taremi)
Jogo 2 (Firmino)
Waffles/Windmills 1 (Malen)
Tugas 1 (Rafael Alexandre da Conceição Leão 1)

Everybody else on 0

Futbolmetrix

Sep 29, 2021, 2:05:20 PMSep 29
On Monday, September 27, 2021 at 10:02:46 PM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> On Sunday, September 26, 2021 at 11:17:06 PM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:
>
> > Armata:
> >
> > DF: Bonucci, Mancini, Zappacosta
> > MF: Darmian, Barella, Lo. Pellegrini, Zaccagni, Chiesa, Zaniolo
> > FW: Insigne, El Shaarawy, Immobile (c)
> How did Darmian sneak in there? Replace with Pessina.

...who promptly proceeded to miss from about 2 yards out. And now Zappacosta has an effort denied.

Somewhat surprising lineup by Allegri in Juve-Chelsea. No Chiellini (aka as Lukaku-kryptonite), and it looks like it's going to be a 4-5-1 with Chiesa the lone forward. Expect a big black and white bus in front of the Szczesny goal. No changes to the Armata.

Futbolmetrix

Sep 29, 2021, 2:07:32 PMSep 29
On Sunday, September 26, 2021 at 11:17:06 PM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:

> Peaceniks:
> El-Arabi in for the suspended En-Nesyri, and OK, I'll make Salah captain. Plus some other changes:
>
> DF: Hakimi, Mazraoui, Zeddal
> MF: Mahrez, Benrahma, D. Biton, Ben Slimane
> FW: Zahavi, Salah (c), El-Arabi, Taremi, Slimani

Ziyech starting. Let's throw him back into the mix in place of Ben Slimane.

DF: Hakimi, Mazraoui, Zeddal
MF: Mahrez, Benrahma, D. Biton, Ziyech

Futbolmetrix

Sep 29, 2021, 2:13:27 PMSep 29
On Wednesday, September 29, 2021 at 2:05:20 PM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> On Monday, September 27, 2021 at 10:02:46 PM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> > On Sunday, September 26, 2021 at 11:17:06 PM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> >
> > > Armata:
> > >
> > > DF: Bonucci, Mancini, Zappacosta
> > > MF: Darmian, Barella, Lo. Pellegrini, Zaccagni, Chiesa, Zaniolo
> > > FW: Insigne, El Shaarawy, Immobile (c)
> > How did Darmian sneak in there? Replace with Pessina.
> ...who promptly proceeded to miss from about 2 yards out. And now Zappacosta has an effort denied.

Pessina from a similar distance, this time doesn't miss

MH

Sep 29, 2021, 2:31:24 PMSep 29
On 2021-09-28 12:52, MH wrote:
> On 2021-09-28 12:51, MH wrote:
>> On 2021-09-26 09:14, Futbolmetrix wrote:
>>> Default lineups the ones that ended MD1, if you don't make any changes:
>>>
>>> Armata
>>> DF: Bonucci, Darmian, Acerbi
>>> MF: Locatelli, Lo. Pellegrini, Pessina, Barella, Zaniolo
>>> FW: Petagna, Immobile (c), Kean, Insigne
>>>

>>> Beards
>>> DF: Carvajal, Alba, Alonso
>>> MF: Sarabia, Pedri, Fornals, Merino
>>> FW: Olmo, G. Moreno, Morata, Oyarzabal, Ferran Torres
>>
>> Sarabia out, Brahim Diaz in
>> Pedri out  Valverde  in
>> Carvajal out Laporte in
>> Olmo out.  Ansu Fati in
>> Ferran Torres out, Asensio in
>> Alba out, Azpilicueta in

Pedri is starting. Fati is not.
No Gerard Moreno either and no Morata.

Leave Pedri in
Fati out Rafa Mir in
Moreno out Paco Alcacer in
Morata out, Juanmi (Betis in)

Rafa Mir is captain.
>> Lukaku captain. I also put E Hazard in for Dejong.

No further changes here. All riding on Lukaku and Depay (and Weghorst)

Jesper Lauridsen

Sep 29, 2021, 2:37:10 PMSep 29
On 2021-09-28, Jesper Lauridsen <rors...@sorrystofanet.dk> wrote:
> On 2021-09-27, Jesper Lauridsen <rors...@sorrystofanet.dk> wrote:
>> Midfielders
>> DF: Philipp Max, Gosens, Danny da Costa
>> MF: Wirtz, GÃļtze, Baku, Havertz, Sane, Musiala
>> FW: Kruse (C), Adeyemi, Voglsammer
>>
>> Given the opposition, maybe I should load up on Bayern players?
>
> Havertz out, Reus in.

That was a waste.

Musiala and Kruse out. Gnabry and Müller in. Gnabry captain - get the
pasta ready!

Futbolmetrix

Sep 29, 2021, 3:31:00 PMSep 29
On Wednesday, September 29, 2021 at 2:37:10 PM UTC-4, Jesper Lauridsen wrote:

> Musiala and Kruse out. Gnabry and Müller in. Gnabry captain - get the
> pasta ready!

It would have been a good day for the Warsaw Pact today...

Futbolmetrix

Sep 29, 2021, 3:41:05 PMSep 29
Adeyemi puts the Midfielders on the board.

I'm watching Juve-Chelsea. Predictably, Juve is parking the bus to a ridiculous degree. But so far it's paying off. Chelsea has been unable to dislodge the bus, and Juve has had a couple of half-chances on the break.

Futbolmetrix

Sep 29, 2021, 4:03:49 PMSep 29
Chiesa, 11 seconds after the restart!

MH

Sep 29, 2021, 4:25:11 PMSep 29
Goal by Paco Alcacer. Make that many subs, one of them has to do
something, I guess.

Futbolmetrix

Sep 29, 2021, 4:55:47 PMSep 29
On Wednesday, September 29, 2021 at 4:25:11 PM UTC-4, MH wrote:
> Goal by Paco Alcacer. Make that many subs, one of them has to do
> something, I guess.

Big night for the Midfielders, goals by Adeyemi (2), captain Gnabry and Sane, and they catch up with the Peaceniks in first place.

Goal by Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro in Fergie time

Futbolmetrix

Sep 29, 2021, 5:16:32 PMSep 29
On Wednesday, September 29, 2021 at 4:55:47 PM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:

UtN standings after the Wednesday matches:

Peaceniks 5 (Salah 2(x2), Taremi)
Midfielders 5 (Adeyemi 2, Gnabry 1(x2), Sane)
Tugas 3 (Rafael Alexandre da Conceição Leão 1, Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro 1)
Armata 2 (Pessina, Chiesa)
Jogo 2 (Firmino 2)
Beards 1 (Alcacer)
Waffles/Windmills 1 (Malen)
Bungs, Vikings and Wonderland 0

MH

Sep 29, 2021, 5:22:15 PMSep 29
Ouch.
Had it not been for Bitey's last minute penalty, this would have an
absolutely disastrous week for Spanish teams.
Villareal had lots of chances to win this game.

HASM

Sep 29, 2021, 5:50:30 PMSep 29
Futbolmetrix <daniele....@gmail.com> writes:

> Tugas 3 (Rafael Alexandre da Conceição Leão 1, Cristiano Ronaldo dos
> Santos Aveiro 1)

(x2) missing in there, total OK.

-- HASM

Futbolmetrix

Sep 29, 2021, 5:53:29 PMSep 29
On Wednesday, September 29, 2021 at 5:50:30 PM UTC-4, HASM wrote:
> Futbolmetrix <> writes:
>
> > Tugas 3 (Rafael Alexandre da Conceição Leão 1, Cristiano Ronaldo dos
> > Santos Aveiro 1)
> (x2) missing in there, total OK.

Yes, sorry. Thanks for the correction.

Werner Pichler

Sep 30, 2021, 7:45:09 AMSep 30
One missed goal for the Wonderland (that was Renato Steffen's first ever international goal for
Wolfsburg, in the 14th match), otherwise not much the manager could have done there.

Enjoyable match in Salzburg. Five penalties (all of them deserved) in two matches must be some
kind of record. Adeyemi has already equalled Robben's record for most penalties drawn in one CL season...

Ciao,
Werner

Futbolmetrix

Sep 30, 2021, 10:52:45 AMSep 30
On Tuesday, September 28, 2021 at 5:10:17 PM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 28, 2021 at 4:50:47 PM UTC-4, Jesper Lauridsen wrote:
> Does Sebastien Thill (LUX) counts as a missed goal for the Waffles/Windmills?

MH very clearly states that the Waffles/Windmills is a Benelux team: https://groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.soccer/c/ZjHR3kbAJww/m/R-itYl_GBAAJ (maybe the Waffles/Windmills/Tax Evaders?)

So Thill's goal is definitely a left-out goal. Sorry, I don't make the rules (I guess I do...)

Futbolmetrix

Sep 30, 2021, 11:34:49 AMSep 30
On Monday, September 27, 2021 at 10:02:46 PM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> On Sunday, September 26, 2021 at 11:17:06 PM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:

> DF: Bonucci, Mancini, Zappacosta
> MF: Pessina, Barella, Lo. Pellegrini, Zaccagni, Chiesa, Zaniolo
> FW: Insigne, El Shaarawy, Immobile (c)

Hmmm... Mancini and Zaniolo not starting. Napoli instead going with an all-Italian front line. Intriguing.
Calafiori, Petagna and Politano in, Mancini, Zaccagni, and Zaniolo out.

New Armata:

DF: Bonucci, Calafiori, Zappacosta
MF: Pessina, Barella, Lo. Pellegrini, Chiesa, Zaniolo
FW: Insigne, El Shaarawy, Immobile (c), Politano, Petagna

Futbolmetrix

Sep 30, 2021, 11:49:08 AMSep 30
El-Arabi on the bench for Olympiakos (and a tough away game in Istanbul), Slimani not even on the bench.
Replace with Bibras Natcho (Israel and Partizan) and Ryan Mmaee.

Updated Peaceniks:

DF: Hakimi, Mazraoui, Zeddal
MF: Mahrez, Benrahma, D. Biton, Ziyech, Natcho
FW: Zahavi, Salah (c), Taremi, R. Mmaee

Werner Pichler

Sep 30, 2021, 12:36:55 PMSep 30
On Tuesday, September 28, 2021 at 8:17:04 PM UTC+2, Werner Pichler wrote:
> On Sunday, September 26, 2021 at 5:14:55 PM UTC+2, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> >
> > Bungs
> > DF: Shaw, Alexander-Arnold, Tavernier
> > MF: Greenwood, Grealish, Foden, Mount, Barnes, Rice
> > FW: Abraham, Vardy, Kane (C)
>
> TAA out, Trippier in
> Foden out, Sterling in
> Greenwood out, Bellingham in
> Mount out, Madueke in
>
> DF: Trippier, Shaw, Tavernier
> MF: Bellingham, Grealish, Madueke, Barnes, Rice
> FW: Sterling, Abraham, Vardy, Kane©

Why did noone tell me that Madueke was injured? There goes my ingenious
plan trying to profit at least a little from a Sturm loss...

Well you can't go wrong with double-barrelled names, can you.

Madueke out
Dewsbury-Hall in

No Barnes and Vardy starting for Leicester either...
let's gamble and replace Barnes with Akpom.

DF: Trippier, Shaw, Tavernier
MF: Bellingham, Grealish, Dewsbury-Hall, Rice
FW: Sterling, Abraham, Vardy, Akpom, Kane©

> > Wonderland
> > DF: Alaba, Akanji, Mwene, Trauner
> > MF: Sabitzer, Freuler, Shaqiri, Murg
> > FW: Okafor, Mambimbi, Ndoye©, Kara
>
> Mwene out, Laimer in
>
> DF: Alaba, Akanji, Trauner
> MF: Laimer, Sabitzer, Freuler, Shaqiri, Murg
> FW: Okafor, Mambimbi, Ndoye ©, Kara

Kara out, Alexander Schmidt (LASK) in

DF: Alaba, Akanji, Trauner
MF: Laimer, Sabitzer, Freuler, Shaqiri, Murg
FW: Okafor, Mambimbi, Ndoye ©, Schmidt

Ciao,
Werner

Jesper Lauridsen

Sep 30, 2021, 12:48:29 PMSep 30
Midfielders:
DF: Philipp Max, Gosens, Danny da Costa
MF: Wirtz, Götze, Baku, Reus, Sane
FW: Gnabry (C), Adeyemi, Voglsammer, Müller

Costa out, Tah in. Few tinkering possibilities left.

Vikings
DF: Bah, Ryerson, Jesper Lauridsen
MF: Tronstad, Stage, Lerager, Pellegrinosen
FW: Wind (C), Karlsson, Isak, Solbakken, Yussuf

Conference League suck. Lauridsen out, Sviatchenko in.
Tronstad out, Saltnes in.

Jesper Lauridsen

Sep 30, 2021, 12:56:08 PMSep 30
On 2021-09-30, Jesper Lauridsen <rors...@sorrystofanet.dk> wrote:

> Vikings
> DF: Bah, Ryerson, Jesper Lauridsen
> MF: Tronstad, Stage, Lerager, Pellegrinosen
> FW: Wind (C), Karlsson, Isak, Solbakken, Yussuf
>
> Conference League suck. Lauridsen out, Sviatchenko in.
> Tronstad out, Saltnes in.

Struggling for defenders, and then I forgot to put Vestergaard in.

Werner Pichler

Sep 30, 2021, 12:57:23 PMSep 30
Dammit, I wavered between Horvath and Schmidt...

Werner Pichler

Sep 30, 2021, 12:58:43 PMSep 30
And a minute later Schmidt misses a one-on-one...

Ciao,
Werner

Futbolmetrix

Sep 30, 2021, 12:59:17 PMSep 30
On Thursday, September 30, 2021 at 12:56:08 PM UTC-4, Jesper Lauridsen wrote:

> Struggling for defenders, and then I forgot to put Vestergaard in.

Remind us, are the Finns eligible for the Vikings? (and if not, why not?)

Futbolmetrix

Sep 30, 2021, 1:00:42 PMSep 30
On Thursday, September 30, 2021 at 12:58:43 PM UTC-4, Werner Pichler wrote:

> And a minute later Schmidt misses a one-on-one...

Stupid Napoli scores within the first 10 seconds, and it can't be one of their magnificent three upfront?
At least El Shaarawy did his job.

Futbolmetrix

Sep 30, 2021, 1:17:43 PMSep 30
Tarik Tissoudali (Dutch nationality, but plays for Morocco) scores for the Peaceniks, but UEFA, who have suddenly become a bunch of peace loving tree huggers, calls it an own goal, preserving the Peaceniks' perfect efficiency score.

Futbolmetrix

Sep 30, 2021, 1:36:14 PMSep 30
On Thursday, September 30, 2021 at 1:00:42 PM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:
Stupid Napoli got themselves a red card, leading to Insigne being subbed off. Don't expect goals from Petagna and Politano now.

Futbolmetrix

Sep 30, 2021, 1:54:17 PMSep 30
Zahavi puts the Peaceniks back on top.

Werner Pichler

Sep 30, 2021, 1:55:09 PMSep 30
On Thursday, September 30, 2021 at 6:36:55 PM UTC+2, Werner Pichler wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 28, 2021 at 8:17:04 PM UTC+2, Werner Pichler wrote:
> > On Sunday, September 26, 2021 at 5:14:55 PM UTC+2, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> > >
> > > Bungs
> > > DF: Shaw, Alexander-Arnold, Tavernier
> > > MF: Greenwood, Grealish, Foden, Mount, Barnes, Rice
> > > FW: Abraham, Vardy, Kane (C)
> >
> > TAA out, Trippier in
> > Foden out, Sterling in
> > Greenwood out, Bellingham in
> > Mount out, Madueke in
> >
> > DF: Trippier, Shaw, Tavernier
> > MF: Bellingham, Grealish, Madueke, Barnes, Rice
> > FW: Sterling, Abraham, Vardy, Kane©
>
> Why did noone tell me that Madueke was injured? There goes my ingenious
> plan trying to profit at least a little from a Sturm loss...
>
> Well you can't go wrong with double-barrelled names, can you.
>
> Madueke out
> Dewsbury-Hall in
>
> No Barnes and Vardy starting for Leicester either...
> let's gamble and replace Barnes with Akpom.
>
> DF: Trippier, Shaw, Tavernier
> MF: Bellingham, Grealish, Dewsbury-Hall, Rice
> FW: Sterling, Abraham, Vardy, Akpom, Kane©

No Kane in the starting line-up. Makes no sense in my view,
what better match to help him regain confidence?
Perhaps he'll get some minutes regardless.

Well, let's make Akpom captain instead... this is getting desperate...

DF: Trippier, Shaw, Tavernier
MF: Bellingham, Grealish, Dewsbury-Hall, Rice
FW: Sterling, Abraham, Vardy, Akpom ©, Kane

> > > Wonderland
> > > DF: Alaba, Akanji, Mwene, Trauner
> > > MF: Sabitzer, Freuler, Shaqiri, Murg
> > > FW: Okafor, Mambimbi, Ndoye©, Kara
> >
> > Mwene out, Laimer in
> >
> > DF: Alaba, Akanji, Trauner
> > MF: Laimer, Sabitzer, Freuler, Shaqiri, Murg
> > FW: Okafor, Mambimbi, Ndoye ©, Kara
>
> Kara out, Alexander Schmidt (LASK) in
>
> DF: Alaba, Akanji, Trauner
> MF: Laimer, Sabitzer, Freuler, Shaqiri, Murg
> FW: Okafor, Mambimbi, Ndoye ©, Schmidt

Murg is out injured. Replace with teammate Schwab.

DF: Alaba, Akanji, Trauner
MF: Laimer, Sabitzer, Freuler, Shaqiri, Schwab

Werner Pichler

Sep 30, 2021, 2:09:05 PMSep 30
Abraham hits the post and Smalling later gets the goal.
I hate this game.

Ciao,
Werner

Jesper Lauridsen

Sep 30, 2021, 2:11:11 PMSep 30
On 2021-09-30, Jesper Lauridsen <rors...@sorrystofanet.dk> wrote:
> Midfielders:
> DF: Philipp Max, Gosens, Danny da Costa
> MF: Wirtz, Götze, Baku, Reus, Sane
> FW: Gnabry (C), Adeyemi, Voglsammer, Müller
>
> Costa out, Tah in. Few tinkering possibilities left.

Pure tinkering. Voglsammer out, Behrens in.

> Vikings
> DF: Bah, Ryerson, Jesper Lauridsen
> MF: Tronstad, Stage, Lerager, Pellegrinosen
> FW: Wind (C), Karlsson, Isak, Solbakken, Yussuf
>
> Conference League suck. Lauridsen out, Sviatchenko in.
> Tronstad out, Saltnes in.

Ryerson out, Boilesen in.

Jesper Lauridsen

Sep 30, 2021, 2:14:55 PMSep 30
No, the mere thought is absurd. In addition to historic reasons, the
language has no Norse roots.

Werner Pichler

Sep 30, 2021, 2:21:23 PMSep 30
But Guðmundsson's is a left-out goal, right?

Tammy Abraham. Finally.

Sturm missed a row of good chances to make it 2-2, and now it's 1-4.
Football sucks.

Ciao,
Werner

Jesper Lauridsen

Sep 30, 2021, 2:24:04 PMSep 30
On 2021-09-30, Werner Pichler <wpic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, September 30, 2021 at 8:14:55 PM UTC+2, Jesper Lauridsen wrote:

>> > Remind us, are the Finns eligible for the Vikings? (and if not, why not?)
>> No, the mere thought is absurd. In addition to historic reasons, the
>> language has no Norse roots.
>
> But Guðmundsson's is a left-out goal, right?

Yes. I think he was in the team at some point on match day 1. Hard to
keep track with all this tinkering.

> Sturm missed a row of good chances to make it 2-2, and now it's 1-4.

I have no problem with this.

Futbolmetrix

Sep 30, 2021, 2:29:02 PMSep 30
On Thursday, September 30, 2021 at 2:24:04 PM UTC-4, Jesper Lauridsen wrote:

> I have no problem with this.

Philipp Max with the screamer to put the Midfielders back in a tie for first place. Quite a few left-out goals for the WWTE

Futbolmetrix

Sep 30, 2021, 2:34:14 PMSep 30
Maccabi TA's Eden Shamir breaks the Peaceniks' perfect efficiency score.

Armata the only team still perfect this round. Beards and Midfielders have all the right players, but not the right captain.

Futbolmetrix

Sep 30, 2021, 2:36:28 PMSep 30
On Thursday, September 30, 2021 at 2:29:02 PM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:
Interesting stuff going on in Group C. Leicester and Napoli both losing, could there be more glory here for Aggie in the SophCon?

Jesper Lauridsen

Sep 30, 2021, 2:42:51 PMSep 30
Bodų/Glimt with a late late goal in Sofia. Agonising wait on the name
of the scorer, only to have VAR step in. We wuz robbed, I'm sure.

Futbolmetrix

Sep 30, 2021, 2:44:07 PMSep 30
On Thursday, September 30, 2021 at 11:49:08 AM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:

> DF: Hakimi, Mazraoui, Zeddal
> MF: Mahrez, Benrahma, D. Biton, Ziyech, Natcho
> FW: Zahavi, Salah (c), Taremi, R. Mmaee

What's the point of playing UtN if you don't tinker and take some gambles on promising young Israelis?

Ryan Mmaee out, Liel Abada (Celtic) in.

DF: Hakimi, Mazraoui, Zeddal
MF: Mahrez, Benrahma, D. Biton, Ziyech, Natcho, Abada
FW: Zahavi, Salah (c), Taremi

MH

Sep 30, 2021, 2:54:10 PMSep 30
On 2021-09-29 14:25, MH wrote:

>> Pedri is starting.  Fati is not.
>> No Gerard Moreno either and no Morata.
>>
>> Leave Pedri in
>> Fati out Rafa Mir in
>> Moreno out Paco Alcacer in
>> Morata out, Juanmi (Betis in)
>>
>> Rafa Mir is captain.
>
> Goal by Paco Alcacer.  Make that many subs, one of them has to do
> something, I guess.

So my lineup as of this AM was

Azpilicueta Alonso Laporte (all played already
Pedri, Fornals, Merino, Diaz
Alcacer 1, Mir (C), Oyarzabal, Juanmi, Asensio

Merino scored.
Fornals and Juamni left to play.
I was too late to make changes this AM anyhow. Tied up with other things.

Juanmi not starting. Sub in Borja Iglesias of Betis.

Fornals also not starting. Put in Pedro of Lazio. No wait, that is too
many people stupid UEFA considers forwards. SO instead...Luis Alberto

Azpilicueta Alonso Laporte (all played already
Pedri, Luis Alberto, Merino 1, Diaz
Alcacer 1, Mir (C), Oyarzabal, Borja Iglesias, Asensio

Was:

Meunier Van Dijk De Vrij
T Hazard, Saelemakers, De Bruyne, Carrasco
Malen (1), Lukaku (C), Weghorst, E Hazard, Depay

All have played. No scope for changes.

>> No further changes here.  All riding on Lukaku and Depay (and Weghorst)
>>>
>>> L. De Jong out E. Hazard in - last change for now

Futbolmetrix

Sep 30, 2021, 3:05:53 PMSep 30
On Thursday, September 30, 2021 at 2:29:02 PM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:
So it looks as if it will be the lone Abada versus Tah/Wirtz/Behrens for the MatchDay win. Trust those Germans to destroy peace.

Werner Pichler

Sep 30, 2021, 3:07:10 PMSep 30