What no thread about the new World Cup format?

Mark

Mar 16, 2023, 4:09:32 AM3/16/23
Apparently they've decided to go for 12 groups of 4, with the top 2 and the 8 best 3rd place teams going through. And then straight knockout from there I think.

So we're back to the nonsense of a team that got 4 points and ended 3rd behind Argentina and Italy going out while a team with 5 points that ended 3rd behind Belgium and Nigeria go through!

Apparently the first 3 matches are going to be played simultaneously aswell.

Ammammata

Mar 16, 2023, 4:52:15 AM3/16/23
Mark explained :
> So we're back to the nonsense of a team that got 4 points and ended 3rd
> behind Argentina and Italy going out while a team with 5 points that ended
> 3rd behind Belgium and Nigeria go through!

you better check this: Europe has just a few more qualifiers, but Italy
will be able to miss it for the third straight tournament :/

--

Ion Saliu

Mar 16, 2023, 6:51:34 AM3/16/23
Ultra Axiomatics, Axiomatiques, Axiomatischen, Axiomáticos, Assiomatici, Axiomatici et al.:

Will it be a SHOCKER if the USA wins, finally, the world title? After all, a much smaller and less significant nation, Uruguay, won it as a host. Too bad for the hosts, the police dogs are no longer allowed on the sidelines…