CL Group Stage Draw

Jesper Lauridsen

Aug 26, 2021, 1:16:19 PMAug 26

Wolfsburg

Group H
Chelsea
Juventus
Zenit
Malmø

anders t

Aug 26, 2021, 1:21:00 PMAug 26
Quoting Jesper Lauridsen in rec.sport.soccer:
>Group A
>Man City
>PSG
>Leipzig

Group of Filth?

--
Manchester United FC - CHAMPIONS
Latest: England '13 (20th) Europa '17, UEFA '08, World '08

Futbolmetrix

Aug 26, 2021, 1:34:06 PMAug 26
On Thursday, August 26, 2021 at 1:16:19 PM UTC-4, Jesper Lauridsen wrote:
> Group A
> Man City
> PSG
> Leipzig
> Brugge

Ronaldo vs Messi part n? The oil clubs will be just too much for Leipzig.

> Group B
> AM
> Liverpool
> Porto
> Milan

Liverpool and Atleti. Porto favored for the EL spot.

> Group C
> Sporting
> Dortmund
> Ajax
> Besiktas

Dortmund first, Sporting and Ajax to battle it out for second place. Easy group compared to A and B

> Group D
> Inter
> Real Madrid
> Shaktar
> Sheriff

Even Inter can't bungle it this time. Real and Inter.

> Group E (actually B)
> Bayern
> Barcelona
> Benfica
> Dynamo Kiev

Bayern and...Benfica? Naah...even in their reduced form, Barca should still have enough to make it to the second round.

> Group F
> Villareal
> Man Utd
> Atalanta
> Young Boys

Atalanta and Villarreal.

> Group G
> Lille
> Sevilla
> Salzburg
> Wolfsburg

Four strong contenders for the EL title. Both burgs to advance, Sevilla to the EL!

> Group H
> Chelsea
> Juventus
> Zenit
> Malmø

It' actually Malmö, not Malmø. Anyway, this should normally be an easy group for Juve, but with Cristiano dumping us with 5 days left in the transfer window and no suitable replacement, who knows?

Futbolmetrix

Aug 26, 2021, 1:37:36 PMAug 26
On Thursday, August 26, 2021 at 1:34:06 PM UTC-4, Futbolmetrix wrote:

> It' actually Malmö, not Malmø. Anyway, this should normally be an easy group for Juve, but with Cristiano dumping us with 5 days left in the transfer window and no suitable replacement, who knows?

SophCons (including the Conference League) and Use-the-NT to come!

Al Kamista

Aug 26, 2021, 1:40:26 PMAug 26
On Thursday, August 26, 2021 at 1:16:19 PM UTC-4, Jesper Lauridsen wrote:
Is it true that country protection has been removed from the R16, starting this season?

Real Mardin

Aug 26, 2021, 5:20:30 PMAug 26
Groups B and C look quite nicely balanced. Hard to get too excited about the rest.

RM

Blueshirt

Aug 26, 2021, 5:29:43 PMAug 26
On 26/08/2021 18:34, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> On Thursday, August 26, 2021 at 1:16:19 PM UTC-4, Jesper Lauridsen wrote:e EL!
>
> [ Groups A-G snipped ]
>
>> Group H
>>
>> Chelsea
>> Juventus
>> Zenit
>> Malmø
>
> It' actually Malmö, not Malmø. Anyway, this should normally be an easy group for Juve, but with Cristiano dumping us with 5 days left in the transfer window and no suitable replacement, who knows?

The Champions of Europe shouldn't be troubled too much by the other
teams in that group either. I would also expect Juventus to easily
qualify from Group H.

Anything other than Chelsea & Juventus going through would be a shock.

Werner Pichler

Aug 26, 2021, 6:14:38 PMAug 26
Better brush up our knowledge of the Lincoln Red Imps squad!

Ciao,
Werner

Werner Pichler

Aug 28, 2021, 9:33:29 PMAug 28
On Thursday, August 26, 2021 at 7:40:26 PM UTC+2, alka...@hotmail.com wrote:

> Is it true that country protection has been removed from the R16, starting this season?

No.

The only place where no country protection applied (UEFA bungled this up, really) was
in the draw for the Europa League play-offs.

Ciao,
Werner

Al Kamista

Aug 29, 2021, 9:22:47 AMAug 29
You must fancy Salzburg's chances of advancing from their group. Would that be a first?

Werner Pichler

Aug 29, 2021, 8:10:26 PMAug 29
On Sunday, August 29, 2021 at 3:22:47 PM UTC+2, alka...@hotmail.com wrote:

> You must fancy Salzburg's chances of advancing from their group.

Honestly don't know. They team they've assembled is probably more talented than ever,
but they're all very green. I'm quite certain hard-nosed Sevilla will beat them twice, like
Villarreal did last year. Against Wolfsburg and Lille, it's anybody's game in my view.

> Would that be a first?

No, Sturm Graz won their Champions League group back in 2000/01.

Ciao,
Werner

Werner Pichler

Oct 20, 2021, 4:31:24 PMOct 20
On Monday, August 30, 2021 at 2:10:26 AM UTC+2, Werner Pichler wrote:
> On Sunday, August 29, 2021 at 3:22:47 PM UTC+2, alka...@hotmail.com wrote:
> >
> > You must fancy Salzburg's chances of advancing from their group.

I do now.
Jaissle >>> Marsch

Let Leipzig enjoy those European roller coaster rides without happy end. I'll gladly take defensive
responsibility and goals from set-pieces.

Ciao,
Werner

Werner Pichler

Nov 29, 2021, 3:54:50 AM (3 days ago) Nov 29
On Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 10:31:24 PM UTC+2, Werner Pichler wrote:
> On Monday, August 30, 2021 at 2:10:26 AM UTC+2, Werner Pichler wrote:
> > On Sunday, August 29, 2021 at 3:22:47 PM UTC+2, alka...@hotmail.com wrote:
> > >
> > > You must fancy Salzburg's chances of advancing from their group.
>
> I do now.
> Jaissle >>> Marsch
>
> Let Leipzig enjoy those European roller coaster rides without happy end. I'll gladly take defensive
> responsibility and goals from set-pieces.

I hate the Weauxf Godz.

Ciao,
Werner