Alphonso Davies - this is not getting old yet !

MH

Oct 15, 2021, 1:39:43 PMOct 15
I still can't be entirely sure that the ball did not go out of play, but
for sheer speed , determination, and the impact it had on the game and
crowd, this is hard to beat, and I will probably watch it a few more
times. Bruce might enjoy it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWHT7rmqsss

Bruce Scott

Oct 21, 2021, 8:20:34 AMOct 21
I guess it is the play against Barcelona without even having to
look :-))) Yes, I have see that many times in the meantime!

--
ciao, Bruce
ps these days I just want him to stay healthy

MH

Oct 21, 2021, 11:44:13 AMOct 21
On 2021-10-21 06:20, Bruce Scott wrote:
> On 2021-10-15, MH <MHno...@ucalgary.ca> wrote:
>> I still can't be entirely sure that the ball did not go out of play, but
>> for sheer speed , determination, and the impact it had on the game and
>> crowd, this is hard to beat, and I will probably watch it a few more
>> times. Bruce might enjoy it too.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWHT7rmqsss
>
> I guess it is the play against Barcelona without even having to
> look :-))) Yes, I have see that many times in the meantime!

Nope, it is his goal vs. Panama. Worth a look.

Lléo

Oct 21, 2021, 10:47:01 PMOct 21
MH escreveu:
> On 2021-10-21 06:20, Bruce Scott wrote:
> > On 2021-10-15, MH wrote:
> >> I still can't be entirely sure that the ball did not go out of play, but
> >> for sheer speed , determination, and the impact it had on the game and
> >> crowd, this is hard to beat, and I will probably watch it a few more
> >> times. Bruce might enjoy it too.
> >>
> >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWHT7rmqsss
> >
> > I guess it is the play against Barcelona without even having to
> > look :-))) Yes, I have see that many times in the meantime!
> >
> Nope, it is his goal vs. Panama. Worth a look.

Indeed it is, a rocking effort! Very nice!

--
Lléo

Bruce Scott

Oct 29, 2021, 1:33:49 PMOct 29
Sheesh that's a great goal... not so dissimilar to the goal by
robben against Scchalke in the Cup (2011... Neuer was still there).
Different shot, but same idea, running the length of the field and
finishing it off.

ciao, Bruce
ps thanks for the link!

MH

Oct 29, 2021, 4:27:33 PMOct 29
Davies is so quick, and such a good offensive weapon, that I am a little
surprised that Bayern don't play him further forward more often - if all
of Lucas Hernandez, Pavard, Süle and Upamecano are healthy, that is a
legitimate option.

The Doctor

Oct 29, 2021, 8:27:14 PMOct 29
Davies a North East Edmonton export!
It is a fool who uses a screwdriver to do the work of the hammer. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Bruce Scott

Nov 2, 2021, 2:25:34 PMNov 2
On 2021-10-29, MH <MHno...@ucalgary.ca> wrote:
> Davies is so quick, and such a good offensive weapon, that I am a
> little surprised that Bayern don't play him further forward more
> often - if all of Lucas Hernandez, Pavard, Süle and Upamecano are
> healthy, that is a legitimate option.

Yes, and under those conditions he plays more of the wing midfield.
Especially when we do a 4-3-3 and don't have two #6s.

ciao, Bruce

The Doctor

Nov 2, 2021, 6:33:49 PMNov 2
In article <slrnso30k...@lapCU-0149.aug.ipp.mpg.de>,
Welcome home to Edmonton, Alphonso Davies!!
How can one get to heaven while championing disobedience? -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com