Am I the only person in the world who thinks Blatter might expel the United States out of FIFA if he wins?

darkst...@gmail.com

May 29, 2015, 6:26:37 AM5/29/15
I would think that about the only feasible situation for Blatter -- to declare the USA in "political interference" with the world soccer body, toss them, and threaten Switzerland with same if they extradite...

Mike

jvazquez

May 29, 2015, 7:18:27 AM5/29/15
El viernes, 29 de mayo de 2015, 5:56:37 (UTC-4:30), darkst...@gmail.com escribió:
> I would think that about the only feasible situation for Blatter -- to declare the USA in "political interference" with the world soccer body, toss them, and threaten Switzerland with same if they extradite...
>
> Mike

I wrote in another thread on this group:

"Blatter and FIFA had an important card to play, but they choked and panicked against the USA and the FBI.

They could have threatened to disaffiliate the US soccer federation, the FBI and the Attorney Loretta Lynch. hehe ..."

"FIFA has always maintained that governments, courts and by extension the police (I say), cannot intervene into the issues inherent to football. I don'nt know, why this time they didn't play the disaffiliation card ;-) "

I don't know if Blatter is still on time to do this.

But politics has its strange ways and surprises.

JV

KaiserD2

May 29, 2015, 10:27:18 AM5/29/15
He certainly didn't sound like that yesterday--he's willing to
throw everyone else to the wolves, while claiming innocence. Rather
like Richard Nixon. Platini's courageous move, however, means, to me,
that the gun is at his head, because if UEFA bails, FIFA is toast.

DK

darkst...@gmail.com

May 29, 2015, 2:30:58 PM5/29/15
On Friday, May 29, 2015 at 4:18:27 AM UTC-7, jvazquez wrote:

> I wrote in another thread on this group:
>
> "Blatter and FIFA had an important card to play, but they choked and panicked against the USA and the FBI.
>
> They could have threatened to disaffiliate the US soccer federation, the FBI and the Attorney Loretta Lynch. hehe ..."

My opinion on that (I did see the post.) is that he had to win re-election FIRST. He's got a very real possibility that 2018 might have to go on without not only the USA, but much of Europe outside of Spain and Russia.

That said, the "disaffiliation card" almost has to be played here, because, instead of interfering with their own national team, the United States has factually interfered (justifiably or not, they HAVE interfered) with the business of world soccer/football.

And, with the U-20 and the WWC imminent, he has to do it quickly.

This might also save some of his buddies, because he can openly state that Switzerland goes with the USA if they extradite.

We now know he's in the pockets of the match-fixing nations, who we can conceive voted for Blatter en bloc.

> "FIFA has always maintained that governments, courts and by extension the police (I say), cannot intervene into the issues inherent to football. I don'nt know, why this time they didn't play the disaffiliation card ;-) "
>
> I don't know if Blatter is still on time to do this.

I think he had to ensure he had the votes. Even with the arrests, the prince could only get four votes more than the minimum to force a second vote.

I believe the time is now for Blatter to strike in retaliation and take his chances. He has to know the USA will arrest him (or attempt to do so) in the coming months.

Mike

darkst...@gmail.com

May 29, 2015, 2:32:54 PM5/29/15
On Friday, May 29, 2015 at 7:27:18 AM UTC-7, KaiserD2 wrote:

> He certainly didn't sound like that yesterday--he's willing to
> throw everyone else to the wolves, while claiming innocence. Rather
> like Richard Nixon. Platini's courageous move, however, means, to me,
> that the gun is at his head, because if UEFA bails, FIFA is toast.

UEFA either bails or throws out Platini now.

The problem is simple: Especially now knowing that the match-fixing countries of the world are in Blatter's back pocket, do not believe for one microsecond that Blatter would not continue FIFA with just the Third World and a smattering of nations like much of South America, Russia, and Spain...

I would have to think that centennial Copa America might be in some jeopardy after this, though.

Mike

jvazquez

May 29, 2015, 5:08:59 PM5/29/15
People around here say that Conmebol voted en masse by Al-Hussein.

If that is true, we lost the 1/2 slot.

And if we lost the half slot, several South American countries are not to go along with Blatter's World Cup.

jvazquez

May 29, 2015, 5:13:36 PM5/29/15
El viernes, 29 de mayo de 2015, 16:38:59 (UTC-4:30), jvazquez escribió:

> People around here say that Conmebol voted en masse by Al-Hussein.
>
> If that is true, we lost the 1/2 slot.
>
> And if we lost the half slot, several South American countries are not to go along with Blatter's World Cup.

Blatter could capture Brazil and Argentina tho his World Cup, but can you imagine a World Cup with Brazil, Argentina, Rusia, Spain, Serbia, Bielorrussia and the rest of teams being from Africa and Asia, without Japan, South Korea, Australia, etc.?

Sven Mischkies

May 29, 2015, 5:21:37 PM5/29/15
What is this "Blatter's World Cup" you are talking about?

Ciao,
SM
--
:P

jvazquez

May 29, 2015, 5:31:05 PM5/29/15
Just wait and see ;-)

Remember the Chess schism or división of 1993 to 2002?

Jesus Petry

May 29, 2015, 5:39:58 PM5/29/15

jvazquez

May 29, 2015, 5:43:38 PM5/29/15
El viernes, 29 de mayo de 2015, 17:09:58 (UTC-4:30), Jesus Petry escribió:

> Conmebol's site says 4 1/2 spots are kept.
>
> http://www.conmebol.com/es/29052015-1417/la-conmebol-mantiene-las-4-plazas-y-media-para-el-mundial-2018

Then, would this mean that Conmebol voted to re-elect Blatter?

:-?

Sven Mischkies

May 29, 2015, 5:45:02 PM5/29/15
No. But there will be no such thing in football. UEFA is glad that FIFA
is the main culprit in the public and nobody takes a closer look at
them. UEFA won't do anything. No surprise at all that they chickened out
yesterday and today.

Ciao,
SM
--
:P

jvazquez

May 29, 2015, 5:55:24 PM5/29/15
OTH it is possible that Blatter is already gathering allies to avoid an eventual boycott against Russia 2018 WC.

Abubakr

May 29, 2015, 6:03:08 PM5/29/15
hs...@der-ball-ist-rund.net (Sven Mischkies) wrote in
Exactly. Blatter got 80 non-African votes. At least some of that was
UEFA.

As to the WC, I think it should be shared around the Confeds and the
venues be in multipule countries. That way the burden on each countries
will be much less and there will be less to complain about in all ways,
less scope for corruption and waste.

Heck you could even have a bi-continental tournament. Say a like
Meditereanean WC?

darkst...@gmail.com

May 29, 2015, 8:01:53 PM5/29/15
On Friday, May 29, 2015 at 2:08:59 PM UTC-7, jvazquez wrote:

> People around here say that Conmebol voted en masse by Al-Hussein.
>
> If that is true, we lost the 1/2 slot.
>
> And if we lost the half slot, several South American countries are not to go along with Blatter's World Cup.

I think they lost a lot more than that. If the United States is not expelled from FIFA for political interference before the U-20 and the WWC kick off, I'll be stunned.

That said, the key lynch is UEFA. If they do decide to bolt, it would wrench the entire system toward the countries who voted for Blatter.

Mike

darkst...@gmail.com

May 29, 2015, 8:03:49 PM5/29/15
On Friday, May 29, 2015 at 2:13:36 PM UTC-7, jvazquez wrote:

> Blatter could capture Brazil and Argentina tho his World Cup, but can you imagine a World Cup with Brazil, Argentina, Rusia, Spain, Serbia, Bielorrussia and the rest of teams being from Africa and Asia, without Japan, South Korea, Australia, etc.?

Blatter's vision for expansion, writ large.

Today was a repudiation of big money football as well as football integrity. He may dare USA and UEFA to walk, because those are about the only entities he, Raj Perumal, Dan Tan, and the other match-fixers do not have in their pockets fully.

Mike

darkst...@gmail.com

May 29, 2015, 8:04:56 PM5/29/15
On Friday, May 29, 2015 at 2:39:58 PM UTC-7, Jesus Petry wrote:

> Conmebol's site says 4 1/2 spots are kept.
>
> http://www.conmebol.com/es/29052015-1417/la-conmebol-mantiene-las-4-plazas-y-media-para-el-mundial-2018

Let's see if that remains the case if Blatter does what he, now, has to do.

I don't think they retain 4 1/2 spots in a CONCACAF sans the United States.

And if UEFA bolts, the entire formula goes up for grabs, USA or no USA.

Mike

jvazquez

May 29, 2015, 9:11:37 PM5/29/15

Brazil and Ecuador voted for Blatter according to daily newspaper Clarín from Buenos Aires.

Conmebol had agreed to vote en masse for Al-Hussain, but these two countries broke the regional block.

Venezuelan Prez (substitute) said Venezuela (he) voted for Hussain.

KaiserD2

May 30, 2015, 9:57:26 AM5/30/15
Please enlighten me: why is everyone saying Spain is with Blatter?
They certaily aren't benefitting from this--they should be hosting
another WC. It's been 33 years.

DK

On Fri, 29 May 2015 11:30:55 -0700 (PDT), darkst...@gmail.com

jvazquez

May 30, 2015, 10:17:58 AM5/30/15
El sábado, 30 de mayo de 2015, 9:27:26 (UTC-4:30), KaiserD2 escribió:
> Please enlighten me: why is everyone saying Spain is with Blatter?
> They certaily aren't benefitting from this--they should be hosting
> another WC. It's been 33 years.
>
> DK

The vote is secret.

But some delegates have declared their intentions and their support for one or another candidate.

It's a matter os speculation.

"Spain is also backing the Swiss incumbent, with the head of the country's FA a long-time Blatter ally."

http://news.sky.com/story/1492636/fifa-presidential-election-whos-backing-who

The Venezuelan FA Vice-Prez, Laureano González, Venezuelan born in Spain, said to the press that he didn't vote Blatter. But this people is so soapy that you can't count on that.

Remember that Venezuela Prez, also a Venezuelan born in Spain, Esquivel is in detention in Switzerland on the bribery scandal.

JV

Benny

May 30, 2015, 10:32:22 AM5/30/15
On 29/05/2015 11:26, darkst...@gmail.com wrote:
> I would think that about the only feasible situation for Blatter -- to declare the USA in "political interference" with the world soccer body, toss them, and threaten Switzerland with same if they extradite...
>
> Mike

Yes. To say you're naive is being kind, to say you're a blithering idiot
isn't. Think things through before posting such nonsense.

darkst...@gmail.com

May 30, 2015, 3:25:16 PM5/30/15
Benny:

Bless your expertise, but CNN posted a chart about a lot of what was going on.

If what is going on is not the cardinal definition of "political interference" in the world affairs of soccer (whether that interference is justified or not is another discussion), then I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you what is.

As a separate comment: Yesterday's vote was a repudiation of big-money soccer, large television deals, and integrity in the favor of match-fixing, corruption, and turning the game into tribal war.

Mike

jvazquez

Jun 1, 2015, 4:22:17 PM6/1/15
El viernes, 29 de mayo de 2015, 16:51:37 (UTC-4:30), Sven Mischkies escribió:

> What is this "Blatter's World Cup" you are talking about?

Normally, when they mention thta they are NOT going to do something is a signal that they intend to do it, actually ;-)

"The Daily Telegraph has learnt that Platini, the Uefa president, would not support any Football Association-led move to pull out of Russia 2018 - nor the creation of a rebel tournament featuring the likes of Brazil and Argentina - following the corruption scandal that has left Fifa on the brink of meltdown."

"Both ideas are likely to be raised at an emergency Uefa ExCo meeting ahead of Saturday's Champions League final, at which Platini said on Thursday its 17 members would be ***"open to all options"***."

"But the Frenchman, who is a Fifa vice-president, also made it clear he did not want a World Cup boycott, while it is understood he is set to snub a proposal from Danish Uefa ExCo member Allan Hansen to to stage a new competition featuring sides from Europe and South America."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/fifa/11643662/Uefa-will-not-boycott-World-Cup-but-Michel-Platini-could-lead-European-wide-walkout-of-Fifas-executive-committee.html

Benny

Jun 2, 2015, 9:24:40 AM6/2/15
On 30/05/2015 20:25, darkst...@gmail.com wrote:
> Benny:
>
> Bless your expertise, but CNN posted a chart about a lot of what was
going on.

I wanted to avoid having to explain this but it seems I have no choice.
Two of FIFA's main sponsors are Visa and Coca-Cola. They are American
companies. There isn't a snowballs chance in hell of Blatter throwing
out the US because of that nor does he have the power. There are no
grounds for throwing the US out.

darkst...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2015, 3:09:57 PM6/2/15
On Tuesday, June 2, 2015 at 6:24:40 AM UTC-7, Be...@soccer-europe.com wrote:

> I wanted to avoid having to explain this but it seems I have no choice.
> Two of FIFA's main sponsors are Visa and Coca-Cola. They are American
> companies. There isn't a snowballs chance in hell of Blatter throwing
> out the US because of that nor does he have the power. There are no
> grounds for throwing the US out.

You really don't think (before today's announcement) that the corrupt piece of shit couldn't have found replacements??

Mike

Benny

Jun 2, 2015, 5:29:13 PM6/2/15
On 02/06/2015 20:09, darkst...@gmail.com wrote:

> You really don't think (before today's announcement) that the corrupt piece of shit couldn't have found replacements??
>
> Mike

Sponsors hold the real power not Blatter. Companies don't get much
bigger than Visa and Coca Cola. If Coco-Cola and Visa pulled out chances
are most other major companies wouldn't touch FIFA. Besides that it
wouldn't be Blatter's job to find replacements, it would be the
marketing department's job.

darkst...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2015, 8:42:41 PM6/2/15
On Tuesday, June 2, 2015 at 2:29:13 PM UTC-7, Be...@soccer-europe.com wrote:

> Sponsors hold the real power not Blatter. Companies don't get much
> bigger than Visa and Coca Cola. If Coco-Cola and Visa pulled out chances
> are most other major companies wouldn't touch FIFA. Besides that it
> wouldn't be Blatter's job to find replacements, it would be the
> marketing department's job.

Here's my problem with that: Blatter was never a US-centric guy -- which see his main bases of support.

I'm not necessarily saying your premise is incorrect, but, for example, this is one of many irons the likes of Coke and Visa would have in the fire.

You get a few sponsors from countries where soccer is life and death...

Mike

Insane Ranter

Jun 2, 2015, 11:09:29 PM6/2/15
He wont do it now....