RSS Coach Sack Competition 2021-2022

Al Kamista

Sep 15, 2021, 11:27:53 AM9/15/21
Same rules as last two seasons:

You get 10 probability points which you can allocate to any active head coach in one of Europe's big 5 leagues (ENG, ESP, GER, ITA, FRA). Goal is to have the most points by December 31st 2021, based on fired coaches.
Only three rules:
1) The coach has to be active at a club in one of the Big 5 leagues when you submit your entry (duh)
2) You can allocate a maximum of 3 points to a coach (to ensure a minimum of 4 coaches per entry)
3) No limit on number of coaches (i.e. you can nominate up top 10 if you like)

Deadline: Saturday September 18

Al Kamista

Sep 15, 2021, 11:46:40 AM9/15/21
My entry:
Arteta 3
Marsch 2
Bruce 2
Hasenhuttl 1
Farke 1
Koeman 1

Futbolmetrix

Sep 15, 2021, 12:30:40 PM9/15/21
Arteta is the obvious call, but maybe he'll survive? Starting the season against Chelsea and ManCity wasn't ideal.

Arteta (Arsenal) 2
Bruce (Newcastle) 1
Ballardini (Genoa) 2 (Preziosi sacking coaches is always a safe bet)
Castori (Salernitana) 1
Ivan Juric (Torino) 2
Michel (Getafe) 1
Niko Kovac (Monaco) 1

Werner Pichler

Sep 15, 2021, 1:33:10 PM9/15/21
Andreazzoli 1
Arteta 3
Castori 1
Dardai 2
Glasner 1
Marsch 2

Ciao,
Werner

MH

Sep 15, 2021, 4:27:53 PM9/15/21
Frank Kramer 1
Arteta 1
Dyche 1
Xisco 1
Sampaoli 1
Reis 1
Weinzierl 1
Leitl 1
Farke 1
Petkovic 1

Werner Pichler

Sep 23, 2021, 7:37:22 AM9/23/21
Plot twist: Preziosi’s gone.

Ciao,
Werner

Futbolmetrix

Oct 3, 2021, 10:53:50 PM10/3/21
MH gets the first point of the season with Xisco. In the meanwhile, Arteta seems to have steadied the ship a bit and looks relatively safe.

Only Alka picked Koeman, though Laporta said today that he's safe.

MH

Oct 4, 2021, 1:08:20 PM10/4/21
On 2021-10-03 20:53, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 15, 2021 at 4:27:53 PM UTC-4, MH wrote:
>> On 2021-09-15 09:27, Al Kamista wrote:
>>> Same rules as last two seasons:
>>>
>>> You get 10 probability points which you can allocate to any active head coach in one of Europe's big 5 leagues (ENG, ESP, GER, ITA, FRA). Goal is to have the most points by December 31st 2021, based on fired coaches.
>>> Only three rules:
>>> 1) The coach has to be active at a club in one of the Big 5 leagues when you submit your entry (duh)
>>> 2) You can allocate a maximum of 3 points to a coach (to ensure a minimum of 4 coaches per entry)
>>> 3) No limit on number of coaches (i.e. you can nominate up top 10 if you like)
>>>
>>> Deadline: Saturday September 18
>>>
>> Frank Kramer 1
>> Arteta 1
>> Dyche 1
>> Xisco 1
>> Sampaoli 1
>> Reis 1
>> Weinzierl 1
>> Leitl 1
>> Farke 1
>> Petkovic 1
>
> MH gets the first point of the season with Xisco.

I thought I had got that one badly wrong, since Watford are doing OK.
2-1-4 and only -3.
Replacement is Ranieri, wonder how that will work out.

Futbolmetrix

Oct 14, 2021, 9:56:54 AM10/14/21
On Monday, October 4, 2021 at 1:08:20 PM UTC-4, MH wrote:

> > MH gets the first point of the season with Xisco.
> I thought I had got that one badly wrong, since Watford are doing OK.
> 2-1-4 and only -3.
> Replacement is Ranieri, wonder how that will work out.

Alka (2 points) and I (1 point) have Steve Bruce: lots of rumors that the new very rich ownership of Newca$$$tle will want a higher profile manager, but he's still in charge for the time being,

Futbolmetrix

Oct 18, 2021, 12:06:10 PM10/18/21

Werner Pichler

Oct 20, 2021, 6:51:29 AM10/20/21
Yep, he's gone.

Ciao,
Werner

Futbolmetrix

Oct 20, 2021, 11:11:04 AM10/20/21
On Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 6:51:29 AM UTC-4, Werner Pichler wrote:

> Yep, he's gone.

Crying on the way out just to make us feel bad about playing games with people's livelihood. Ah, well...

Standings
Alkamista 2 (Bruce 2)
Futbolmetrix 2 (Castori, Bruce)
Werner 1 (Castori)
MH 1 (Xisco)

Blueshirt

Oct 20, 2021, 4:54:08 PM10/20/21
On 20/10/2021 16:11, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 6:51:29 AM UTC-4, Werner Pichler wrote:
>
>> Yep, he's gone.
>
> Crying on the way out just to make us feel bad about playing games with people's livelihood. Ah, well...

Played 8, Won 0, 19th in PL... I don't think Steve Bruce has much to cry
about. Even without the takeover of Newcastle he'd have been in trouble!

Werner Pichler

Oct 27, 2021, 6:27:16 PM10/27/21
And we all know what that means.

Point for Alkamista.

Ciao,
Werner

Werner Pichler

Nov 1, 2021, 5:11:38 PM11/1/21
On Wednesday, September 15, 2021 at 5:27:53 PM UTC+2, alka...@hotmail.com wrote:
Nobody had Nuno, huh.

Ciao,
Werner

Futbolmetrix

Nov 1, 2021, 5:53:07 PM11/1/21
On Monday, November 1, 2021 at 5:11:38 PM UTC-4, Werner Pichler wrote:

> Nobody had Nuno, huh.

Yeah, Spurs somehow lucked out in the first 2-3 matches even though they were playing horribly, so we all thought Nuno was going to be OK.

Anyway, I had missed that Michel (Getafe) got the boot on October 4.

So standings are:

Alkamista 3 (Bruce 2, Koeman)
Futbolmetrix 3 (Castori, Bruce, Michel)

Jesper Lauridsen

Nov 2, 2021, 4:27:44 PM11/2/21
On Monday, 1 November 2021 at 22:11:38 UTC+1, Werner Pichler wrote:

> Nobody had Nuno, huh.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/tottenham-is-perfect-so-far-but-is-it-really-a-contender/

I guess the answer is no.

MH

Nov 2, 2021, 6:41:34 PM11/2/21
How are Kramer, Farke and Petkovic still hanging on?

Also curious as to why bigger clubs are not taking a look at Galtier.,
who has done very well with St. Etienne (look at them now). Lille, and
now Nice.

Futbolmetrix

Nov 6, 2021, 6:38:33 PM11/6/21
On Tuesday, November 2, 2021 at 6:41:34 PM UTC-4, MH wrote:
> On 2021-11-01 15:53, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> > On Monday, November 1, 2021 at 5:11:38 PM UTC-4, Werner Pichler wrote:
> >
> >> Nobody had Nuno, huh.
> >
> > Yeah, Spurs somehow lucked out in the first 2-3 matches even though they were playing horribly, so we all thought Nuno was going to be OK.
> >
> > Anyway, I had missed that Michel (Getafe) got the boot on October 4.
> >
> > So standings are:
> >
> > Alkamista 3 (Bruce 2, Koeman)
> > Futbolmetrix 3 (Castori, Bruce, Michel)
> > Werner 1 (Castori)
> > MH 1 (Xisco)
> >
> How are Kramer, Farke and Petkovic still hanging on?

After leading Norwich to their first win of the season, Farke is gone. Point for MH.

Al Kamista

Nov 7, 2021, 9:58:14 AM11/7/21
And me!

Dean Smith gone too, but don't think anyone picked him.

Jesper Lauridsen

Nov 7, 2021, 11:31:04 AM11/7/21
Let that be a lesson for all managers - don't win games.

Werner Pichler

Nov 7, 2021, 3:45:35 PM11/7/21
And here I thought that you would gloat that - Preziosi or no Preziosi - Genoa have done
what they always do and sacked Ballardini.

Ciao,
Werner

Blueshirt

Nov 7, 2021, 3:55:55 PM11/7/21
Farke did his best to follow that advice... until yesterday! :-)

MH

Nov 7, 2021, 3:59:08 PM11/7/21
Hmm St. Etienne's manager, the vastly experienced but never very
successful Claude Puel*, should watch his back. Not only did they win
their first game, but it was a local derby. And maybe Kramer will
finally get the chop after Arminia's first win.

* did win the league with Monaco, but that is over 20 years ago.

Futbolmetrix

Nov 7, 2021, 4:51:30 PM11/7/21
I had missed that. Definitely grounds for gloating! And a 2-point return too. Updated standings:

Futbolmetrix 5 (Castori, Bruce, Michel, Ballardini 2)
Alkamista 4 (Bruce 2, Koeman, Farke)
MH 1 (Xisco, Farke)
Werner 1 (Castori)

Futbolmetrix

Nov 20, 2021, 7:29:01 PM11/20/21
On Sunday, November 7, 2021 at 4:51:30 PM UTC-5, Futbolmetrix wrote:

> Futbolmetrix 5 (Castori, Bruce, Michel, Ballardini 2)
> Alkamista 4 (Bruce 2, Koeman, Farke)
> MH 2 (Xisco, Farke)
> Werner 1 (Castori)

What? Nobody had Ole? (Not official yet, but it's happening once the paperwork is done and he can leave by "mutual agreement")

[PS: I fixed MH's score]

Werner Pichler

Nov 29, 2021, 6:53:36 AM11/29/21
> MH 2 (Xisco, Farke)
> Werner 1 (Castori)

Dardai's gone. 2 points for me.

Futbolmetrix 5 (Castori, Bruce, Michel, Ballardini 2)
Alkamista 4 (Bruce 2, Koeman, Farke)
Werner 3 (Castori, Dardai 2)
MH 2 (Xisco, Farke)

Andreazzoli and Arteta look very safe, and thanks to yesterday's last-minute win so does Glasner.
Only Jesse Marsch could still help me to a (joint) win.

Ciao,
Werner

Werner Pichler

Nov 29, 2021, 7:11:02 AM11/29/21
Or not, as Alka has him too.

Ciao,
Werner

MH

Nov 29, 2021, 9:29:45 AM11/29/21
I am surprised, in hindsight, that nobody suggested Benitez. he might
be in trouble if they don't start winning soon. Injuries to Calvert-
Lewin and Richarlison have certainly not helped.

> Ciao,
> Werner

Al Kamista

Nov 29, 2021, 9:36:28 AM11/29/21
I would be surprised if he got the sack. His grand total transfer budget this summer was 1.5M pounds, and as you say, his two best players have been injured.

Jesper Lauridsen

Nov 30, 2021, 12:15:42 PM11/30/21
On 2021-11-29, Werner Pichler <wpic...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dardai's gone. 2 points for me.

Why is Korkut still considered an option by clubs?

Werner Pichler

Dec 5, 2021, 12:10:53 PM12/5/21
Leipzig have released Marsch from his contract.

Alkamista 6 (Bruce 2, Koeman, Farke, Marsch 2)
Futbolmetrix 5 (Castori, Bruce, Michel, Ballardini 2)
Werner 5 (Castori, Dardai 2, Marsch 2)
MH 2 (Xisco, Farke)

Ciao,
Werner

Futbolmetrix

Dec 5, 2021, 4:49:08 PM12/5/21
On Sunday, December 5, 2021 at 12:10:53 PM UTC-5, Werner Pichler wrote:

> Leipzig have released Marsch from his contract.
>
> Alkamista 6 (Bruce 2, Koeman, Farke, Marsch 2)
> Futbolmetrix 5 (Castori, Bruce, Michel, Ballardini 2)
> Werner 5 (Castori, Dardai 2, Marsch 2)
> MH 2 (Xisco, Farke)

RSSCSC sucks

MH

Dec 6, 2021, 8:31:32 PM12/6/21
Puel finally gone, which can't be a surprise to anyone. I basically
tossed a coin between him and Petkovic for my last pick in this
competition. And of course I got it wrong.

Werner Pichler

Dec 30, 2021, 8:51:41 PM12/30/21
Daniele's anti-weauxfing sorcery knows no bounds.
Monaco relieve Niko Kovač of his duties 24 hours before the deadline.

Alkamista 6 (Bruce 2, Koeman, Farke, Marsch 2)
Futbolmetrix 6 (Castori, Bruce, Michel, Ballardini 2, Kovač)
Werner 5 (Castori, Dardai 2, Marsch 2)
MH 2 (Xisco, Farke)

Ciao,
Werner

Futbolmetrix

Jan 1, 2022, 3:32:42 AM1/1/22
Yay! RSSCSC rulezzz! (we should announce the tie-breaking rules next year. I vote for the player who guessed most different managers)

Werner Pichler

Jan 1, 2022, 5:43:06 PM1/1/22
Don't get cocky! Monaco *officially* confirmed the sacking only today, 20 hours after the deadline...

Ciao,
Werner

MH

Jan 17, 2022, 9:11:32 PM1/17/22
And Rafa is gone as well. Not sure why they sold Digne, replacing him
with an untried LB. I can understand Paterson, who has looked pretty
good for Scotland and Rangers when given the chance, since Coleman,
perhaps the best bargain in EPL history, has never been quite the same
since the horrific injury, and is also getting long in the tooth.

Everton's squad is not that bad, but they have certainly had lots of key
injuries this year. Could easily get dragged into the relegation fight
now (it is not like they have not been close before in the last 20
years). They need Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin to stay healthy, and
Doucouré to give what he is capable of every game, as well as others
like Allan, Mina, Gray and Townsend to pull up their socks.

MH

Apr 15, 2022, 11:26:51 AM4/15/22
On 2021-10-04 11:08, MH wrote:
> On 2021-10-03 20:53, Futbolmetrix wrote:

>>> Frank Kramer 1

Still there, surprisingly
>>> Arteta 1
>>> Dyche 1

Just fired

>>> Xisco 1

Fired

>>> Sampaoli 1

Still there
>>> Reis 1

Still there
>>> Weinzierl 1

Still there

>>> Leitl 1

Still there
>>> Farke 1

Fired

>>> Petkovic 1

fired

Only 4 right over the whole season. Not very good.