RSS Coach Sack Competition 2021-2022

Al Kamista

Sep 15, 2021, 11:27:53 AMSep 15
Same rules as last two seasons:

You get 10 probability points which you can allocate to any active head coach in one of Europe's big 5 leagues (ENG, ESP, GER, ITA, FRA). Goal is to have the most points by December 31st 2021, based on fired coaches.
Only three rules:
1) The coach has to be active at a club in one of the Big 5 leagues when you submit your entry (duh)
2) You can allocate a maximum of 3 points to a coach (to ensure a minimum of 4 coaches per entry)
3) No limit on number of coaches (i.e. you can nominate up top 10 if you like)

Deadline: Saturday September 18

Al Kamista

Sep 15, 2021, 11:46:40 AMSep 15
My entry:
Arteta 3
Marsch 2
Bruce 2
Hasenhuttl 1
Farke 1
Koeman 1

Futbolmetrix

Sep 15, 2021, 12:30:40 PMSep 15
Arteta is the obvious call, but maybe he'll survive? Starting the season against Chelsea and ManCity wasn't ideal.

Arteta (Arsenal) 2
Bruce (Newcastle) 1
Ballardini (Genoa) 2 (Preziosi sacking coaches is always a safe bet)
Castori (Salernitana) 1
Ivan Juric (Torino) 2
Michel (Getafe) 1
Niko Kovac (Monaco) 1

Werner Pichler

Sep 15, 2021, 1:33:10 PMSep 15
Andreazzoli 1
Arteta 3
Castori 1
Dardai 2
Glasner 1
Marsch 2

Ciao,
Werner

MH

Sep 15, 2021, 4:27:53 PMSep 15
Frank Kramer 1
Arteta 1
Dyche 1
Xisco 1
Sampaoli 1
Reis 1
Weinzierl 1
Leitl 1
Farke 1
Petkovic 1

Werner Pichler

Sep 23, 2021, 7:37:22 AMSep 23
Plot twist: Preziosi’s gone.

Ciao,
Werner

Futbolmetrix

Oct 3, 2021, 10:53:50 PMOct 3
MH gets the first point of the season with Xisco. In the meanwhile, Arteta seems to have steadied the ship a bit and looks relatively safe.

Only Alka picked Koeman, though Laporta said today that he's safe.

MH

Oct 4, 2021, 1:08:20 PMOct 4
On 2021-10-03 20:53, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 15, 2021 at 4:27:53 PM UTC-4, MH wrote:
>> On 2021-09-15 09:27, Al Kamista wrote:
>>> Same rules as last two seasons:
>>>
>>> You get 10 probability points which you can allocate to any active head coach in one of Europe's big 5 leagues (ENG, ESP, GER, ITA, FRA). Goal is to have the most points by December 31st 2021, based on fired coaches.
>>> Only three rules:
>>> 1) The coach has to be active at a club in one of the Big 5 leagues when you submit your entry (duh)
>>> 2) You can allocate a maximum of 3 points to a coach (to ensure a minimum of 4 coaches per entry)
>>> 3) No limit on number of coaches (i.e. you can nominate up top 10 if you like)
>>>
>>> Deadline: Saturday September 18
>>>
>> Frank Kramer 1
>> Arteta 1
>> Dyche 1
>> Xisco 1
>> Sampaoli 1
>> Reis 1
>> Weinzierl 1
>> Leitl 1
>> Farke 1
>> Petkovic 1
>
> MH gets the first point of the season with Xisco.

I thought I had got that one badly wrong, since Watford are doing OK.
2-1-4 and only -3.
Replacement is Ranieri, wonder how that will work out.

Futbolmetrix

Oct 14, 2021, 9:56:54 AMOct 14
On Monday, October 4, 2021 at 1:08:20 PM UTC-4, MH wrote:

> > MH gets the first point of the season with Xisco.
> I thought I had got that one badly wrong, since Watford are doing OK.
> 2-1-4 and only -3.
> Replacement is Ranieri, wonder how that will work out.

Alka (2 points) and I (1 point) have Steve Bruce: lots of rumors that the new very rich ownership of Newca$$$tle will want a higher profile manager, but he's still in charge for the time being,

Futbolmetrix

Oct 18, 2021, 12:06:10 PMOct 18

Werner Pichler

Oct 20, 2021, 6:51:29 AMOct 20
Yep, he's gone.

Ciao,
Werner

Futbolmetrix

Oct 20, 2021, 11:11:04 AMOct 20
On Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 6:51:29 AM UTC-4, Werner Pichler wrote:

> Yep, he's gone.

Crying on the way out just to make us feel bad about playing games with people's livelihood. Ah, well...

Standings
Alkamista 2 (Bruce 2)
Futbolmetrix 2 (Castori, Bruce)
Werner 1 (Castori)
MH 1 (Xisco)

Blueshirt

Oct 20, 2021, 4:54:08 PMOct 20
On 20/10/2021 16:11, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 6:51:29 AM UTC-4, Werner Pichler wrote:
>
>> Yep, he's gone.
>
> Crying on the way out just to make us feel bad about playing games with people's livelihood. Ah, well...

Played 8, Won 0, 19th in PL... I don't think Steve Bruce has much to cry
about. Even without the takeover of Newcastle he'd have been in trouble!

Werner Pichler

Oct 27, 2021, 6:27:16 PMOct 27
And we all know what that means.

Point for Alkamista.

Ciao,
Werner

Werner Pichler

Nov 1, 2021, 5:11:38 PMNov 1
On Wednesday, September 15, 2021 at 5:27:53 PM UTC+2, alka...@hotmail.com wrote:
Nobody had Nuno, huh.

Ciao,
Werner

Futbolmetrix

Nov 1, 2021, 5:53:07 PMNov 1
On Monday, November 1, 2021 at 5:11:38 PM UTC-4, Werner Pichler wrote:

> Nobody had Nuno, huh.

Yeah, Spurs somehow lucked out in the first 2-3 matches even though they were playing horribly, so we all thought Nuno was going to be OK.

Anyway, I had missed that Michel (Getafe) got the boot on October 4.

So standings are:

Alkamista 3 (Bruce 2, Koeman)
Futbolmetrix 3 (Castori, Bruce, Michel)

Jesper Lauridsen

Nov 2, 2021, 4:27:44 PMNov 2
On Monday, 1 November 2021 at 22:11:38 UTC+1, Werner Pichler wrote:

> Nobody had Nuno, huh.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/tottenham-is-perfect-so-far-but-is-it-really-a-contender/

I guess the answer is no.

MH

Nov 2, 2021, 6:41:34 PMNov 2
How are Kramer, Farke and Petkovic still hanging on?

Also curious as to why bigger clubs are not taking a look at Galtier.,
who has done very well with St. Etienne (look at them now). Lille, and
now Nice.

Futbolmetrix

Nov 6, 2021, 6:38:33 PMNov 6
On Tuesday, November 2, 2021 at 6:41:34 PM UTC-4, MH wrote:
> On 2021-11-01 15:53, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> > On Monday, November 1, 2021 at 5:11:38 PM UTC-4, Werner Pichler wrote:
> >
> >> Nobody had Nuno, huh.
> >
> > Yeah, Spurs somehow lucked out in the first 2-3 matches even though they were playing horribly, so we all thought Nuno was going to be OK.
> >
> > Anyway, I had missed that Michel (Getafe) got the boot on October 4.
> >
> > So standings are:
> >
> > Alkamista 3 (Bruce 2, Koeman)
> > Futbolmetrix 3 (Castori, Bruce, Michel)
> > Werner 1 (Castori)
> > MH 1 (Xisco)
> >
> How are Kramer, Farke and Petkovic still hanging on?

After leading Norwich to their first win of the season, Farke is gone. Point for MH.

Al Kamista

Nov 7, 2021, 9:58:14 AMNov 7
And me!

Dean Smith gone too, but don't think anyone picked him.

Jesper Lauridsen

Nov 7, 2021, 11:31:04 AMNov 7
Let that be a lesson for all managers - don't win games.

Werner Pichler

Nov 7, 2021, 3:45:35 PMNov 7
And here I thought that you would gloat that - Preziosi or no Preziosi - Genoa have done
what they always do and sacked Ballardini.

Ciao,
Werner

Blueshirt

Nov 7, 2021, 3:55:55 PMNov 7
Farke did his best to follow that advice... until yesterday! :-)

MH

Nov 7, 2021, 3:59:08 PMNov 7
Hmm St. Etienne's manager, the vastly experienced but never very
successful Claude Puel*, should watch his back. Not only did they win
their first game, but it was a local derby. And maybe Kramer will
finally get the chop after Arminia's first win.

* did win the league with Monaco, but that is over 20 years ago.

Futbolmetrix

Nov 7, 2021, 4:51:30 PMNov 7
I had missed that. Definitely grounds for gloating! And a 2-point return too. Updated standings:

Futbolmetrix 5 (Castori, Bruce, Michel, Ballardini 2)
Alkamista 4 (Bruce 2, Koeman, Farke)
MH 1 (Xisco, Farke)
Werner 1 (Castori)

Futbolmetrix

Nov 20, 2021, 7:29:01 PM (12 days ago) Nov 20
On Sunday, November 7, 2021 at 4:51:30 PM UTC-5, Futbolmetrix wrote:

> Futbolmetrix 5 (Castori, Bruce, Michel, Ballardini 2)
> Alkamista 4 (Bruce 2, Koeman, Farke)
> MH 2 (Xisco, Farke)
> Werner 1 (Castori)

What? Nobody had Ole? (Not official yet, but it's happening once the paperwork is done and he can leave by "mutual agreement")

[PS: I fixed MH's score]

Werner Pichler

Nov 29, 2021, 6:53:36 AM (3 days ago) Nov 29
> MH 2 (Xisco, Farke)
> Werner 1 (Castori)

Dardai's gone. 2 points for me.

Futbolmetrix 5 (Castori, Bruce, Michel, Ballardini 2)
Alkamista 4 (Bruce 2, Koeman, Farke)
Werner 3 (Castori, Dardai 2)
MH 2 (Xisco, Farke)

Andreazzoli and Arteta look very safe, and thanks to yesterday's last-minute win so does Glasner.
Only Jesse Marsch could still help me to a (joint) win.

Ciao,
Werner

Werner Pichler

Nov 29, 2021, 7:11:02 AM (3 days ago) Nov 29
Or not, as Alka has him too.

Ciao,
Werner

MH

Nov 29, 2021, 9:29:45 AM (3 days ago) Nov 29
I am surprised, in hindsight, that nobody suggested Benitez. he might
be in trouble if they don't start winning soon. Injuries to Calvert-
Lewin and Richarlison have certainly not helped.

> Ciao,
> Werner

Al Kamista

Nov 29, 2021, 9:36:28 AM (3 days ago) Nov 29
I would be surprised if he got the sack. His grand total transfer budget this summer was 1.5M pounds, and as you say, his two best players have been injured.

Jesper Lauridsen

Nov 30, 2021, 12:15:42 PM (2 days ago) Nov 30
On 2021-11-29, Werner Pichler <wpic...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dardai's gone. 2 points for me.

Why is Korkut still considered an option by clubs?