Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 53 Match Day 4

Futbolmetrix

Mar 19, 2023, 10:11:31 PM3/19/23
International break week, and I wasn't a big fan of any of the Saturday/Sunday matches. So we're doing MLS...and Serie A Women

Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 53 - League BEL/DEN Match Day 4 (2023/3/25-26)

What to do
-----------

Look at the fixtures below: do you play home or away?

*Home*
- Before Thursday (= before 2023/3/22, 23:59 GMT)
=- Pick one team from each of the two matches, in order of preference

*Away*
=- After Wednesday (or even sooner, if the home player has picked their teams) and before kickoff of the first match on Saturday 2023/3/25
- Pick one of the teams not picked by your opponent (if they haven't picked any team, you have free choice; if she is Lassie and there is a tie, diregard the last vote)
=- their opponents will represent your opponent

(If the away player doesn't pick any team before his deadline, the home player will be represented by his preferred team. If nobody picks a team, teams are assigned randomly.)

Fixtures
--------

Tier 1

Jesus Petry - MH
Charlotte - NY Red Bulls
Inter Women - Juventus Women

Werner Pichler - Mark
Houston Dynamo - New York City
Milan Women - Fiorentina Women

Tier 2

milivella - Futbolmetrix
Charlotte - NY Red Bulls
Inter Women - Juventus Women

The Doctor - Jesper Lauridsen
Houston Dynamo - New York City
Milan Women - Fiorentina Women

The Doctor

Mar 19, 2023, 10:54:22 PM3/19/23
In article <106456f5-9b50-4cd5...@googlegroups.com>,
Houston and ACMW
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nk.ca Ici doc...@nk.ca
They cannot fall in love, who already are. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

milivella

Mar 20, 2023, 10:21:09 PM3/20/23
Futbolmetrix:

> International break week, and I wasn't a big fan of any of the Saturday/Sunday matches. So we're doing MLS...and Serie A Women

Odd picks. I wonder why...

> - Pick one of the teams not picked by your opponent (if they haven't picked any team, you have free choice; if she is Lassie and there is a tie, diregard the last vote)

Another Lassie line we can delete.

(Thanks for managing the game, by the way!)

> milivella - Futbolmetrix
> Charlotte - NY Red Bulls
> Inter Women - Juventus Women

...Here's why! No way these are random allocations of matches.

Anyway, we've seen what happens when I take the bait, so I won't take it
this time (of course it may be a meta-bait, but let's stay on level zero):
1. Juventus Women
2. Charlotte

May the lesser trickster win!

--
Cheers
milivella

Futbolmetrix

Mar 21, 2023, 12:41:57 PM3/21/23
On Monday, March 20, 2023 at 10:21:09 PM UTC-4, milivella wrote:
> Futbolmetrix:
> Another Lassie line we can delete.

I have automated even more the weekly announcements, but there are still wrinkles here and there.

> > milivella - Futbolmetrix
> > Charlotte - NY Red Bulls
> > Inter Women - Juventus Women
> ...Here's why! No way these are random allocations of matches.

Come on, Juve's women are having by far the worst season of their history (Roma have an 8-point lead at the top of the table and are strong favorites to take the title), and Inter are an up-and-coming outfit who would like nothing less than tripping up the bianconere.

> Anyway, we've seen what happens when I take the bait, so I won't take it
> this time (of course it may be a meta-bait, but let's stay on level zero):
> 1. Juventus Women
> 2. Charlotte

Having said that, I don't want to be a part of it (the Derby d'Italia). It's Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk for me

milivella

Mar 21, 2023, 3:54:07 PM3/21/23
Futbolmetrix:

> On Monday, March 20, 2023 at 10:21:09 PM UTC-4, milivella wrote:
>> Futbolmetrix:
>> Another Lassie line we can delete.
>
> I have automated even more the weekly announcements, but there are still wrinkles here and there.

You are doing a great job.

> Having said that, I don't want to be a part of it (the Derby d'Italia). It's Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk for me

OK, the chess game (probably played in Washington Square Park) is on!

--
Cheers
milivella

Jesus Petry

Mar 21, 2023, 4:34:06 PM3/21/23
Em domingo, 19 de março de 2023 às 23:11:31 UTC-3, Futbolmetrix escreveu:
> Tier 1
>
> Jesus Petry - MH
> Charlotte - NY Red Bulls
> Inter Women - Juventus Women

1. NY Bulls
2. Vecchie Signore (?!)

Tchau!
Jesus Petry

Futbolmetrix

Mar 21, 2023, 5:50:49 PM3/21/23
On Tuesday, March 21, 2023 at 4:34:06 PM UTC-4, Jesus Petry wrote:
> 2. Vecchie Signore (?!)

Not sure they would appreciate, but indeed, part of Juve's decline this year can be explained with age catching up with the core of their 5-scudetto team

MH

Mar 22, 2023, 11:12:53 AM3/22/23
No clue about these ones. Random guess Charlotte.

Jesper Lauridsen

Mar 24, 2023, 5:04:51 AM3/24/23
On 2023-03-20, The Doctor <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
> In article <106456f5-9b50-4cd5...@googlegroups.com>,
> Futbolmetrix <daniele....@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>The Doctor - Jesper Lauridsen
>> Houston Dynamo - New York City
>> Milan Women - Fiorentina Women
>
> Houston and ACMW

Whatever. Fiorentina.

Mark

Mar 25, 2023, 6:10:04 AM3/25/23
On Monday, March 20, 2023 at 2:11:31 AM UTC, Futbolmetrix wrote:

> Werner Pichler - Mark
> Houston Dynamo - New York City
> Milan Women - Fiorentina Women

Milan

milivella

Mar 25, 2023, 10:14:36 PM3/25/23
Futbolmetrix:

> On Monday, March 20, 2023 at 10:21:09 PM UTC-4, milivella wrote:
>> Futbolmetrix:
>>
>>> milivella - Futbolmetrix
>>> Charlotte - NY Red Bulls
>>> Inter Women - Juventus Women
>> ...Here's why! No way these are random allocations of matches.
>
> Come on, Juve's women are having by far the worst season of their history (Roma have an 8-point lead at the top of the table and are strong favorites to take the title), and Inter are an up-and-coming outfit who would like nothing less than tripping up the bianconere.
>

>> Anyway, we've seen what happens when I take the bait, so I won't take it
>> this time (of course it may be a meta-bait, but let's stay on level zero):
>> 1. Juventus Women
>> 2. Charlotte
>
> Having said that, I don't want to be a part of it (the Derby d'Italia). It's Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk for me

Final result: Charlotte 1-1 NYRB

Will not finish at zero point! \o/

--
Cheers
milivella

Futbolmetrix

Mar 26, 2023, 10:53:47 PM3/26/23
On Saturday, March 25, 2023 at 10:14:36 PM UTC-4, milivella wrote:

> Will not finish at zero point! \o/

Sometimes miracles happen.

Match Day 4 Results and standings:

Tier 1
----
Jesus Petry 1 - 1 MH (NY Red Bulls - Charlotte)
Werner Pichler 3 - 3 Mark (Fiorentina Women - Milan Women)

Pts M GF GA GD Picks Team
8 4 8 5 3 3 Jesus Petry
6 4 6 5 1 3 MH
4 4 5 6 -1 4 Mark
2 4 4 7 -3 3 Werner Pichler

Tier 2
----
milivella 1 - 1 Futbolmetrix (Charlotte - NY Red Bulls)
The Doctor 3 - 3 Jesper Lauridsen (Milan Women - Fiorentina Women)

Pts M GF GA GD Picks Team
10 4 7 3 4 0 Jesper Lauridsen
5 4 6 5 1 0 The Doctor
5 4 4 3 1 0 Futbolmetrix
1 4 1 7 -6 0 milivella

Draws all around, so no movement in the standings. Milan-Fiorentina was a good one, with Milan leading 3-1 up to 88th minute, then conceding twice, including a 95th minute penalty.
Match Day 5 fxtures to be announced soon.

The Doctor

Mar 26, 2023, 10:59:58 PM3/26/23
In article <80099aa6-d1c1-4bed...@googlegroups.com>,
Jesper and I will be in a dog fight!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nk.ca Ici doc...@nk.ca
There is a doctrine, whereby 'living by the Bible' makes them as bad as Satan himself. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Jesper Lauridsen

Mar 27, 2023, 5:47:28 PM3/27/23
On 2023-03-27, Futbolmetrix <daniele....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Pts M GF GA GD Picks Team
> 10 4 7 3 4 0 Jesper Lauridsen
> 5 4 6 5 1 0 The Doctor
> 5 4 4 3 1 0 Futbolmetrix
> 1 4 1 7 -6 0 milivella

I could have sworn I'd made a pick or two.

> Draws all around, so no movement in the standings. Milan-Fiorentina
> was a good one, with Milan leading 3-1 up to 88th minute, then
> conceding twice, including a 95th minute penalty.

A win would have secured promotion, but under the circumstances a
point is fine.

Futbolmetrix

Mar 29, 2023, 9:15:19 AM3/29/23
On Monday, March 27, 2023 at 5:47:28 PM UTC-4, Jesper Lauridsen wrote:
> On 2023-03-27, Futbolmetrix <daniele....@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Pts M GF GA GD Picks Team
> > 10 4 7 3 4 0 Jesper Lauridsen
> > 5 4 6 5 1 0 The Doctor
> > 5 4 4 3 1 0 Futbolmetrix
> > 1 4 1 7 -6 0 milivella
> I could have sworn I'd made a pick or two.

Thank you. Correct table:

Team Pts M GF GA GD Picks Team
Jesper Lauridsen 10 4 7 3 4 4 Jesper Lauridsen
The Doctor 5 4 6 5 1 4 The Doctor
Futbolmetrix 5 4 4 3 1 4 Futbolmetrix
milivella 1 4 1 7 -6 4 milivella