Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 57 Match Day 1

Futbolmetrix

Feb 4, 2024, 9:41:08 PMFeb 4
Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 57 - League PAR/URU Match Day 1 (2024/2/10-11)

What to do
-----------

Look at the fixtures below: do you play home or away?

*Home*
- Before Thursday (= before 2024/2/7, 23:59 GMT)
=- Pick one team from each of the two matches

*Away*
=- After Wednesday (or even sooner, if the home player has picked their teams) and before kickoff of the first match on Saturday 2024/2/10
- Pick one of the teams not picked by your opponent (if they haven't picked any team, you have free choice)
=- their opponents will represent your opponent

*ATTENTION: NEW RULE*: If the away player doesn't pick any team before his/her deadline, the home player will be represented by the team that achieves the best outcome out of his/her two picked teams. If the home player doesn't pick any team before his deadline, the away player can pick two teams (one from each match), and he/she will be represented by the team that achieves the best outcome out of his/her two picked teams. If nobody picks a team, teams are assigned randomly.

Fixtures
--------

Tier 1

milivella - MH
Olimpia - General Caballero JLM
Lanus - Platense

The Doctor - Mark
Cerro Porteño - Libertad
Central Cordoba - Sarmiento Junin

Tier 2

Werner Pichler - Futbolmetrix
Olimpia - General Caballero JLM
Lanus - Platense

Jesper Lauridsen - Jesus Petry
Cerro Porteño - Libertad
Central Cordoba - Sarmiento Junin

milivella

Feb 4, 2024, 10:08:06 PMFeb 4
Futbolmetrix:

> milivella        -    MH
>     Olimpia    -    General Caballero JLM

Classic trap. The gamemaster thinks I will go for the club with the cool
name.

So I pick Olimpia.

>     Lanus    -    Platense

I admit this is a bit subtler. Copa Maradona... Lanus...

But I am immune to his subliminal tricks! I pick Platense.

Michael, you costed me the perfect season last time... Pick responsibly.

--
Cheers
milivella

The Doctor

Feb 4, 2024, 11:14:26 PMFeb 4
In article <749b71778e61fe61...@www.novabbs.com>,
Libertad

and

Sarmiento Junin

>Tier 2
>
>Werner Pichler - Futbolmetrix
> Olimpia - General Caballero JLM
> Lanus - Platense
>
>Jesper Lauridsen - Jesus Petry
> Cerro Porteño - Libertad
> Central Cordoba - Sarmiento Junin

--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nk.ca Ici doc...@nk.ca

MH

Feb 5, 2024, 2:08:44 PMFeb 5
On 2024-02-04 20:08, milivella wrote:
> Futbolmetrix:
>
>> milivella        -    MH
>>      Olimpia    -    General Caballero JLM
>
> Classic trap. The gamemaster thinks I will go for the club with the cool
> name.
>
> So I pick Olimpia.
>
>>      Lanus    -    Platense
>
> I admit this is a bit subtler. Copa Maradona... Lanus...
>
> But I am immune to his subliminal tricks! I pick Platense.

What competition is this ? Copa de la Liga Profesional ? Argentina ?

Futbolmetrix

Feb 5, 2024, 2:26:47 PMFeb 5
MH wrote:

> What competition is this ? Copa de la Liga Profesional ? Argentina ?

Yes.

Mark

Feb 6, 2024, 8:15:32 AMFeb 6
Cerro Porteno

Werner Pichler

Feb 6, 2024, 10:36:58 AMFeb 6
Futbolmetrix <futbol...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 57 - League PAR/URU Match Day 1
> (2024/2/10-11)
>
> What to do
> -----------
>
> Look at the fixtures below: do you play home or away?
>
> *Home*
> - Before Thursday (= before 2024/2/7, 23:59 GMT)
> =- Pick one team from each of the two matches
>

> Tier 2
>
> Werner Pichler - Futbolmetrix
>
> Olimpia - General Caballero JLM
> Lanus - Platense

1. Olimpia
2. Platense

Ciao,
Werner

Futbolmetrix

Feb 6, 2024, 9:21:04 PMFeb 6
Werner Pichler wrote:

>> Olimpia - General Caballero JLM
>> Lanus - Platense

> 1. Olimpia
> 2. Platense

This General Bernanrdino Caballero was an interesting dude, but the football club can't compete against the mighty Olimpia. I go Lanus.

Jesper Lauridsen

Feb 7, 2024, 2:45:36 PMFeb 7
On 05/02/2024 03.38, Futbolmetrix wrote:

> Tier 1
>
> Jesper Lauridsen        -    Jesus Petry
>     Cerro Porteño    -    Libertad
>     Central Cordoba    -    Sarmiento Junin

It does not bode well that I had to search for a while to find out what
competetions these matches are in.

The People's Team & Santiago del Estero

MH

Feb 9, 2024, 2:56:14 PMFeb 9
On 2024-02-04 20:08, milivella wrote:
Lanus. I have no idea whether that is responsible.

> --
> Cheers
> milivella

Jesus Petry

Feb 10, 2024, 7:01:13 AMFeb 10
Central.

Tchau!
Jesus Petry

Jesus Petry

Feb 10, 2024, 7:03:07 AMFeb 10
I mean, the team that is playing against Central, Sarmiento de Junín.

 Tchau!
 Jesus Petry

Jesper Lauridsen

Feb 11, 2024, 5:01:41 PMFeb 11
On 2024-02-10, Jesus Petry <jesus...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/02/2024 09:01, Jesus Petry wrote:

>>> It does not bode well that I had to search for a while to find out
>>> what competetions these matches are in.
>>>
>>> The People's Team & Santiago del Estero
>>
>>  Central.
>
> I mean, the team that is playing against Central, Sarmiento de Junín.

For a brief moment I thought that was some wizard level nicknaming.

MH

Feb 11, 2024, 10:29:14 PMFeb 11
I still have no idea if it was responsible, but the score was not close.

>> --
>> Cheers
>> milivella

Futbolmetrix

Feb 12, 2024, 12:17:00 AMFeb 12
Futbolmetrix wrote:

Match Day 1 results and tables:

Tier 1
----
milivella 0-3 MH (Platense - Lanús)
The Doctor 1-1 Mark (Libertad - Cerro Porteño)

Pts M GF GA GD Picks Team
3 1 3 0 3 1 MH
1 1 1 1 0 1 Mark
1 1 1 1 0 1 The Doctor
0 1 0 3 -3 1 milivella

This is more like it!

Tier 2
----
Werner Pichler 0-3 Futbolmetrix (Platense - Lanús)
Jesper Lauridsen 3-0 Jesus Petry (Central Cordoba - Sarmiento Junin)

Pts M GF GA GD Picks Team
3 1 3 0 3 1 Futbolmetrix
3 1 3 0 3 1 Jesper Lauridsen
0 1 0 3 -3 1 Jesus Petry
0 1 0 3 -3 1 Werner Pichler

This too!

Match Day 2 schedule to be posted shortly

milivella

Feb 12, 2024, 9:32:54 PMFeb 12
MH:
You were responsible for my heartache!